North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Sting 02 Higginbothom - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

Sting 02 Higginbothom

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sting 02 Higginbothom - Page 3 Empty Re: Sting 02 Higginbothom

Post by whoshotjr 05/02/14, 11:06 am

DrSoccer wrote:There was a (97) top 4 LH team that moved from Txns to Sting a few yrs ago as well, so it does happen, and I think Kenny took the 91 Texans to Sting when he left. Its not uncommon for a coach to move his team to a new club when he changes colors. So if RH was going to leave then this is not a big deal. And we don't have to worry, both clubs will continue to print money.
Typically these moves do not occur mid season correct. So what this team did was BIG-i mean in a good way. Hassan needs to pull his head out and realize the girls side carries the boys side. So pay attention to what makes you money.

whoshotjr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Noob 05/02/14, 11:59 am

I am not surprised that he went to a new club. I am surprised that it took this long. He should have left when he was demoted from DOC and all ECNL opportunities.

I would also expect Rezaie to have the upper hand when the premier team is formed at U14. So why didn't he go to Feet where he could have been the best selection for ECNL?

Noob
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 05/02/14, 12:37 pm

Noob wrote:I am not surprised that he went to a new club.  I am surprised that it took this long.  He should have left when he was demoted from DOC and all ECNL opportunities.  

I would also expect Rezaie to have the upper hand when the premier team is formed at U14.   So why didn't he go to Feet where he could have been the best selection for ECNL?  

Can he coach at tcu and also coach an ecnl team?
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 05/02/14, 12:38 pm

Blank77 wrote:
Noob wrote:I am not surprised that he went to a new club.  I am surprised that it took this long.  He should have left when he was demoted from DOC and all ECNL opportunities.  

I would also expect Rezaie to have the upper hand when the premier team is formed at U14.   So why didn't he go to Feet where he could have been the best selection for ECNL?  

No.
Gunners
Gunners
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 05/02/14, 02:44 pm

Txns will survive and for a club that doesn't care abt girls? Ecnl standing (14y-18y) txns 3rd-2nd-2nd-2nd-7th. sting 8-8-4-1-4. KM has the 14yo (8th) and 15yo (8th) ecnl teams. Is there a change afoot at sting? Maybe RH will run the u11-u13s, Q will take the 14 &15 yr olds, Tatu 16,17,18? Kind of makes sense. KM can be the figurehead coach like garrett at the cowboys...

btw -Feet 2-10-3-3-3.
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 05/02/14, 07:26 pm

Gunners wrote:
Blank77 wrote:

No.
Based on comments that he made a year ago, I was led to believe that he can coach at u14 ECNL "IF and only IF" the team is comprised of players 8th Grade and lower. Is this correct or would he be in violation even if he were a coach of an 8th grade and below team but they play against teams that may have 9th graders on it?

9th grade is that magic NCAA recruiting line.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBend 06/02/14, 08:28 pm

Is there any way for the Texans to form a new team (that could qualify for LHCL) to replace the one that they lost? Or would they need to field the team in The Plano league and have them work their way up the ranks.

On another note, I wonder if the Solar Gio parents are now thinking that they should make a run for the Texans club. This would put their DD's in a position to get onto a ECNL team. Spring is going up be very interesting.
BigBend
BigBend
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by whoshotjr 06/02/14, 08:40 pm

I could see a super group of Gio, sting q and fever. Maybe with bulk of kids from Gio n fill in with rest. Question would be a coach to make all happy. Might throw a wrench into missamo's plans to merge Gio and red.

whoshotjr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy 06/02/14, 08:49 pm

BigBend wrote:Is there any way for the Texans to form a new team (that could qualify for LHCL) to replace the one that they lost? Or would they need to field the team in The Plano league and have them work their way up the ranks.

On another note, I wonder if the Solar Gio parents are now thinking that they should make a run for the Texans club. This would put their DD's in a position to get onto a ECNL team.  Spring is going up be very interesting.

Don't forget you have Dallas Texans South girl's also that can form a ECNL team for him. Take that along with some of Pulp 02' girls and you have a pretty good ECNL team.

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBend 06/02/14, 08:55 pm

Miss NEVER considered a merger. He thought he had 2-3 of Higg's signed up to come over. That along with a Grubb and a Sting Q. He was only interested in one Gio.

Make no mistake, Gio could leave and Miss would not even care.
BigBend
BigBend
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy 06/02/14, 09:10 pm

Why would any of Higg's or Grubb's girls come over to Solar to play second Fiddle to 03' girls on there? Wouldn't be a smart move IMO. But hey suckers born everyday, every parent love's too hear how there child is the best he's ever seen blah blah, works every time for alot of parents.

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 07/02/14, 12:54 pm

And why would any of Higgs or Grubbs play 2nd fiddle to 03s? Are you saying the 03s on Colvins teams are better than the mids and forwards on Higg and Grubb?

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guess Who 07/02/14, 02:07 pm

RoidRage wrote:And why would any of Higgs or Grubbs play 2nd fiddle to 03s? Are you saying the 03s on Colvins teams are better than the mids and forwards on Higg and Grubb?
If the 03's think they are better then the Mids and Forwards on Grubb team. Then they need to show it this weekend in Austin! If I recall last time the 03's played FCD they took a thumping!
Guess Who
Guess Who
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Juzzayyin 07/02/14, 02:37 pm

Perhaps the "fiddle" reference was because that often happens (history has shown) when a parent of a player(s) is involved as a coach of same team. Do we really believe Missamo is trying to recruit players to replace the 03s? If so, it would be a rarity - but admirable. If not, then the recruited player, if better, is likely to play 2nd fiddle.

Juzzayyin
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Juzzayyin 07/02/14, 02:47 pm

Guess Who - how did the play of the mids & fwds compare when Solar last played FCD?? The score of most games at this age doesn't usually tell you how the play in each position was.

Juzzayyin
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by lostntexas 07/02/14, 03:01 pm

Cut it out! You guys are just posting to be posting!!! Fcd is a good team with great players...The two 03 players are not close to their fowards or mids. Its nothing wrong with that!
lostntexas
lostntexas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 07/02/14, 04:15 pm

Gunners wrote:
Blank77 wrote:

No.

I believe he would be able to coach ECNL the 1st (U14) year, as long as the team has no HS Freshmen on the Roster. The only rules in play are the NCAA rules. As a College Coach,  he can have no interaction with HS age players.
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 07/02/14, 04:16 pm

Welcome aboard...... GO STING!!
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy 07/02/14, 08:07 pm

Juzzayyin wrote:Perhaps the "fiddle" reference was because that often happens (history has shown) when a parent of a player(s) is involved as a coach of same team. Do we really believe Missamo is trying to recruit players to replace the 03s? If so, it would be a rarity - but admirable. If not, then the recruited player, if better, is likely to play 2nd fiddle.

If so, it would be a rarity - but admirable. If not, then the recruited player, if better, is likely to play 2nd fiddle

Ding,Ding,Ding chicken dinner we have a winner...Remember when a parent is coaching his DD there is only one objective in mind and your kid isn't in the grand scheme of things Smile

Good luck with the Texans going to Sting, will be a scary ECNL team once they combine..

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by whoshotjr 07/02/14, 10:11 pm

It'll be a good team if they combine or even if they don't. IMO higg has great midfielders , FCd has great attacking forwards . Now if they combined - now that would be scary.

whoshotjr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/02/14, 09:04 am

whoshotjr wrote:It'll be a good team if they combine or  even if they don't. IMO higg has great midfielders , FCd has great attacking forwards . Now if they combined - now that would be scary.

whoshotjr,

That would be one heck of a team, however this scenario will not happen this year, next year or any year in the future. Would love to see it but it will not happen as long as Grub and Higgy are coaching.

This will be my last post on the forum, with the hectic travel schedule and starting an out of state job shortly I thought it was time to call it quits.  

Since this is the last post I wanted to give my observations/comments for the remaining season for four of five teams and I will start with Higgy since the heading topic is about his current Team.

Sting Higgy: No further drama for the remainder of the season so parents should be happy. I predict that they will struggle on the defensive side of the ball because of loss of players, however their offense will keep them in a majority of harder played games. I do not see a repeat of the Lake Highlands top honors or a state cup final appearance this year.

Sting Q:   Parents are disgruntled with the new team coming aboard and now will try and look for exit strategy for next year prior to ECNL. There may be one or two players from this team that can go to Higgy before the transition to ECNL, however those players may not be good enough to start.

FC Dallas Grub: Rumor has it that up to 5 of the players (3 definitely) will be moved up to either the 01 ECNL or 01 Premier team. This will leave a hole at the forward, midfield and defensive positions starting next year. If this is true look for Grub to remove himself slowly over the next year and a half and transition to another coach if it has not already started. During this time he will try and pick up pieces to try and infill for the loss of these players. Maybe he can pick up some 03’s and pull off a Colvin/Missimo. This will be an unfortunate situation for the parents left holding the bag but this has been what he has done with the older age groups.

Solar Colvin: Or should I say Missimo?? Strong Team with the additions of the 03’s, lacking in the defensive end slightly but as with Sting Higgy will be kept in harder played games with offense. One thing our club team needs is One Coach and not two on the sideline for the 02's. Colvin/Missimo remind me of Big Loop Buddies walking down the streets of San Francisco when they are the sideline together. Colvin is/was a good coach and needs to either man up or women down with this team at this point. Whichever one he chooses he needs to embrace it and own it at this point. He had a quality team prior to the 03’s coming and will need to regroup prior to ECNL since they can not supposedly play just like this year in Lake Highlands. With that being said I still pick them to win Lake Highlands and State Cup.    

D’feeters: Where do you start with this team??????? Start over and begin again, maybe the disgruntled players from Sting Q/FC Dallas Grub can help next year and into ECNL.

Farewell All, This has been one crazy trip and I am glad that I could take it with the board.

HardTruthSoldier out....

Back to top Go down

Post by El Rey 12/02/14, 09:30 am

Gunners wrote:Boom goes the dynamite.
Who cares about Higgy!
El Rey
El Rey
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sting Soccer 12/02/14, 09:50 am

Guest wrote:
whoshotjr wrote:It'll be a good team if they combine or  even if they don't. IMO higg has great midfielders , FCd has great attacking forwards . Now if they combined - now that would be scary.

whoshotjr,

That would be one heck of a team, however this scenario will not happen this year, next year or any year in the future. Would love to see it but it will not happen as long as Grub and Higgy are coaching.

This will be my last post on the forum, with the hectic travel schedule and starting an out of state job shortly I thought it was time to call it quits.  

Since this is the last post I wanted to give my observations/comments for the remaining season for four of five teams and I will start with Higgy since the heading topic is about his current Team.

Sting Higgy: No further drama for the remainder of the season so parents should be happy. I predict that they will struggle on the defensive side of the ball because of loss of players, however their offense will keep them in a majority of harder played games. I do not see a repeat of the Lake Highlands top honors or a state cup final appearance this year.

Sting Q: Parents are disgruntled with the new team coming aboard and now will try and look for exit strategy for next year prior to ECNL. There may be one or two players from this team that can go to Higgy before the transition to ECNL, however those players may not be good enough to start.
FC Dallas Grub: Rumor has it that up to 5 of the players (3 definitely) will be moved up to either the 01 ECNL or 01 Premier team. This will leave a hole at the forward, midfield and defensive positions starting next year. If this is true look for Grub to remove himself slowly over the next year and a half and transition to another coach if it has not already started. During this time he will try and pick up pieces to try and infill for the loss of these players. Maybe he can pick up some 03’s and pull off a Colvin/Missimo. This will be an unfortunate situation for the parents left holding the bag but this has been what he has done with the older age groups.

Solar Colvin: Or should I say Missimo?? Strong Team with the additions of the 03’s, lacking in the defensive end slightly but as with Sting Higgy will be kept in harder played games with offense. One thing our club team needs is One Coach and not two on the sideline for the 02's. Colvin/Missimo remind me of Big Loop Buddies walking down the streets of San Francisco when they are the sideline together. Colvin is/was a good coach and needs to either man up or women down with this team at this point. Whichever one he chooses he needs to embrace it and own it at this point. He had a quality team prior to the 03’s coming and will need to regroup prior to ECNL since they can not supposedly play just like this year in Lake Highlands. With that being said I still pick them to win Lake Highlands and State Cup.    

D’feeters: Where do you start with this team??????? Start over and begin again, maybe the disgruntled players from Sting Q/FC Dallas Grub can help next year and into ECNL.

Farewell All, This has been one crazy trip and I am glad that I could take it with the board.

HardTruthSoldier out....
Before ECNL there will be some girls from both of these team that will try and step on Higg team. It might before ECNL starts from what I hear.

Sting Soccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/02/14, 10:48 am

"Solar Colvin: Or should I say Missimo?? Strong Team with the additions of the 03’s, lacking in the defensive end slightly but as with Sting Higgy will be kept in harder played games with offense. One thing our club team needs is One Coach and not two on the sideline for the 02's. Colvin/Missimo remind me of Big Loop Buddies walking down the streets of San Francisco when they are the sideline together. Colvin is/was a good coach and needs to either man up or women down with this team at this point. Whichever one he chooses he needs to embrace it and own it at this point. He had a quality team prior to the 03’s coming and will need to regroup prior to ECNL since they can not supposedly play just like this year in Lake Highlands. With that being said I still pick them to win Lake Highlands and State Cup.    

How long can Colvin keep coaching this team under UIL rules? Most of those girls will be in 7th grade next year, and I think at least a few are in his attendance zone. Does the restriction on coaching start at 7th grade or 9th grade?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sting Soccer 12/02/14, 11:00 am

Sting Soccer wrote:
Guest wrote:

whoshotjr,

Sting Q:   Parents are disgruntled with the new team coming aboard and now will try and look for exit strategy for next year prior to ECNL. There may be one or two players from this team that can go to Higgy before the transition to ECNL, however those players may not be good enough to start.
FC Dallas Grub:up to Rumor has it that 5 of the players (3 definitely) will be moved up to either the 01 ECNL or 01 Premier team. This will leave a hole at the forward, midfield and defensive positions starting next year. If this is true look for Grub to remove himself slowly over the next year and a half and transition to another coach if it has not already started. During this time he will try and pick up pieces to try and infill for the loss of these players. Maybe he can pick up some 03’s and pull off a Colvin/Missimo. This will be an unfortunate situation for the parents left holding the bag but this has been what he has done with the older age groups.

HardTruthSoldier out....
Before ECNL there will be some girls from both of these team that will try and step on Higg team. It might before ECNL starts from what I hear.

Even if the two studs are Dull Roster it will not effect the team, now if 5 girls get moved up the team will lose girls fast. FCD is known for girls jumping ship before ECNL.

Sting Soccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 12/02/14, 11:50 am

Sting Soccer wrote:

.............. FCD is known for girls jumping ship before ECNL.

Not an FCD fan, but I would disagree with you on that statement above.

FCD doesn't have girls jump before ECNL more than the other teams.  At U14, movement in and out of ECNL is about the same for all ECNL Clubs.  U16 and above that is when you will usually see FCD teams fizzle out more. Of course there is exception to every rule, and this year's FCD U16 ECNL team has so far defied trends of older FCD teams.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next