North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Player pass Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Player pass

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Player pass Empty Player pass

Post by Wired 28/08/14, 07:38 am

Everyone complaining about the teams who moved up and the teams who moved down or have been given a slot or just can't hang, don't worry! Because, I'm betting it won't take long for teams to start using player pass to help the weaker teams survive the year in lake highlands. This is another one of the rules that helps only the big clubs. If you are a coach and you sit one or more of your own players and bring in better players to win a game, you are a

Wired
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Player pass Empty Re: Player pass

Post by Wired 28/08/14, 07:55 am

Player pass does nothing for brackets or earning your move from d3-d1. I know some will say it helps develop weaker players by allowing them to play with better teams but that's not how it will be used.

Wired
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 28/08/14, 09:07 am

cheers

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 28/08/14, 09:14 am

What is Player Pass? I have never heard any complaints about this before.
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 28/08/14, 09:28 am

Seven wrote:What is Player Pass? I have never heard any complaints about this before.

Another step toward the model of joining a club vs a specific team and the club aligning players to team on a game by game basis to align them to the appropriate level of competition. Basically limited open rostering w/i a club.

Focused on player development, but does not translate real well in the LHGCL environment of win at all costs, any way possible, each week.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Wired 28/08/14, 09:37 am

Seven, Your kidding right? Player pass allows a team to move up to 3 players from a different team, within the same club, to a team they don't usually play for. An example would be if a d3 team gets moved up to d1or a team that gets a gift of a d3 bye, that was from Arlington or a team just trying to stay in d3, can bring in players from a better team to help out. In my opinion it does nothing for the team, besides give them a win. I think any coach that uses it is a cheater and would do anything for a win, not to mention he has basically told his girls they aren't good enough to beat that team. It may be legal, but not right.

Wired
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/08/14, 09:40 am

You mean guest playing isn't illegal in LHGCL anymore?

When did this happen, and why hasn't anyone brought this up before?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wired 28/08/14, 09:44 am

Lefty is right it was suppose to be a tool to help in player development, it just doesn't get used that way much.

Wired
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 28/08/14, 09:46 am

Wired:

You called it "legal" AND called the coach a "cheater"..

You're hard to please... But it can't be both..

Player Pass is not new.. And you signed up to play.. Stop crying. Small Clubs may complain about it when a team uses it against them, but make no mistake.. EVERY SMALL CLUB wants to be big enough to use the Club Pass. :-)
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 28/08/14, 09:46 am

What about the ability to move kids down?

Team "A" in D1 and currently ranked in the top 5.  Team "B" in D3 and struggling to not fall out (or close to finishing high enough to make d2).  Team "A" and team "B" switch 3 players - thereby bringing 3 top players from the D1 team to the D3 team (like a top defender and a couple of top scorers) to boost their record.

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wired 28/08/14, 09:57 am

Soccersounder, my dd belongs to a big club and can use it, but that doesn't make it right. I didn't say a coach did use it, I said a coach that does. Why did you? Just because something is legal doesn't make it right. I think it will be used a lot this year with all the teams that moved up and down.

Wired
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wired 28/08/14, 10:22 am

We all signed with a team July 1st. You signed because you liked the coach, players or parents. If you don't like the team because they aren't good enough ask for a release. What's the purpose of signing with a team if you can be moved around like a chess piece. Players should have loyalty to the team and coach and coaches should have loyalty to the players and team, that they signed with.

Wired
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 28/08/14, 10:33 am

Wired wrote:Soccersounder, my dd belongs to a big club and can use it, but that doesn't make it right. I didn't say a coach did use it, I said a coach that does. Why did you? Just because something is legal doesn't make it right. I think it will be used a lot this year with all the teams that moved up and down.

Did you ask if I used it?? Just a soccer dad and a Ref over here, so how could I use it?

And just because you don't like something , does not mean it is wrong. As said dozens of times in here last year, NTX is only playing catch up on this rule, as most of the Country has long had this or something even more flexible in place.

From a Ref perspective, about 1 in 3 LHGCL games includes a Player Pass. Many from teams that would be considered "small club"..

I'll quote my boy Cube: "if you don't like it, you better get use to it"
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wired 28/08/14, 10:44 am

"If you don't like it, you better get use to it" now that is just dumb! How about if you don't like it, say something about it and hope it gets changed. Your telling everyone if you don't like it, that's too bad, just deal with it. How do you think most of the country came up with a better option, if they did, by public debate.

Wired
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 28/08/14, 10:55 am

soccersounder wrote:Wired:

Player Pass is not new.. And you signed up to play.. Stop crying. Small Clubs may complain about it when a team uses it against them, but make no mistake.. EVERY SMALL CLUB wants to be big enough to use the Club Pass. :-)

Agree, that it is w/I the rules and may be a valuable tool for managing development if used that way.  

What is rubbing some people the wrong way is the way it is allegedly being used to prop up weak teams or retain byes. You can argue that is only the clubs acting in their own best interest, w/I the rules, given the way LHGCL is structured.

Last edited by Lefty on 28/08/14, 11:03 am; edited 3 times in total

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 28/08/14, 10:58 am

Wired:

It is a quote and it applies to you... Not dumb or smart. Just accurate.

Now if you want to talk intelligence, are you trying to say that the rest of the Country opens their soccer decisions up to Public Debate? Or am I reading that wrong? And you still didn't tell me how "I" could use the Player Pass...
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 28/08/14, 11:08 am

Wired wrote:"If you don't like it, you better get use to it" now that is just dumb! How about if you don't like it, say something about it and hope it gets changed. Your telling everyone if you don't like it, that's too bad, just deal with it. How do you think most of the country came up with a better option, if they did, by public debate.

And complaining about it on a soccer forum is really taking a positive step towards fixing it. How about getting involved with the league and try to change it there, or vote with your feet and go to a club that won't use it?

ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/08/14, 11:08 am

The concept of CPP is not the problem.  In fact, from a player development standpoint, it's absolutely the way to go.

The problem is that the concept of CPP, and more importantly, the current implementation of the rule in LHGCL, is incongruous with the hyper-competitive nature of NTX soccer and the promotion/relegation/QT driven environment of LHGCL.  That is what leads to "abuse" (both real and perceived) of the CPP rule.

In the past couple of years, it has become very apparent to me that one of the huge advantages of my DD being with her current club, is the access she has to additional coaches, and additional competitive opportunities, beyond her primary LHGCL team, CPP opportunities being one part of that.  Frankly, the "big" clubs should be using that, marketing that, and justifying their higher fees with that.

Last edited by bwgophers on 28/08/14, 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad75033 28/08/14, 11:08 am

For a brief intermission, I have a couple of questions.

1 - Can player pass only be used for LH teams (or can a club pass players from their PPL team to their LH team)?

2 - Does player pass apply in PPL, or is this just a LH tool?

I thought it is only a tool for LH between LH teams, but wanted some confirmation.

If this is the case, is there any way a PPL player can play on a LH team (assuming same club) during the season?

SoccerDad75033
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/08/14, 11:12 am

SoccerDad75033 wrote:For a brief intermission, I have a couple of questions.

1 - Can player pass only be used for LH teams (or can a club pass players from their PPL team to their LH team)?

I thought it is only a tool for LH between LH teams, but wanted some confirmation.

If this is the case, is there any way a PPL player can play on a LH team (assuming same club) during the season?

PPL has not adopted CPP. However, any player registered as an NTSSA competitive player can CPP with an LHGCL team from their same club, as long as there is no age restriction violation.

So yes, PPL players can CPP with LHGCL teams. It also means that ECNL clubs can register their ECNL teams and players with NTSSA (but just not sign them up to play in any NTSSA leagues), and those players can also CPP with LHGCL teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 28/08/14, 11:14 am

Lefty wrote:
soccersounder wrote:Wired:

Agree, that it is w/I the rules and may be a valuable tool for managing development if used that way.  

What is rubbing some people the wrong way is the way it is allegedly being used to prop up weak teams or retain byes.   You can argue that is only the clubs acting in their own best interest, w/I the rules, given the way LHGCL is structured.

You are dead on Lefty...

NTX put it in initially for State Cup and Regionals, because they wanted to see the NTX teams do better Regionally and Nationally post ECNL. The Clubs (Big Clubs I'm sure) then asked why not League Season too, like most everyone else? We have always had Tournament Guest Players and post ECNL, there is no way to stop a "Dual Roster Player". So go ahead and keep up with the Jones'..

Now I will admit that it is obvious that the way the Clubs use the Player Pass is most likely in this order:

1. We are missing players for this game and need help
2. We are in trouble in the standings and need serious help
3. To get a DD more playing time than she gets on her current team
4. Help make a player better by playing them at a higher league level, Division or age wise.
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SFFL5 28/08/14, 11:17 am

http://www.girlsclassicleague.org/page/show/1203644-club-player-pass-instructions

2. Can a player from another league club pass into our league, like Arlington or Plano?
Yes, as long as the player is a NTX Competitive Registered Player coming from a team within their own club.

SFFL5
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/08/14, 11:19 am

The problem is that everyone thinks they can read, speak and understand English. We can't. The rule states that it is intended to 1. promote player development by allowing a player to play at a higher level of competition and 2. To allow a team that is missing players due to illness, injury or for other reasons (love that one, other reasons? That one covers things like, "she's not any good and we told her to stay home".)

We've all misinterpreted the meaning of "higher level of competition". We thought it meant you should be playing in what most everyone regards as a higher division. D3 player playing in D2 etc. Wroooooong!!!

THAT IS NOT WHAT "HIGHER LEVEL OF COMPETITION MEANS". LH interprets "higher level of competition", to mean that ANY player can play AT OR ABOVE their age group. That's it. I swear I'm not making this up, that is what LH says it means. They were very diligent in pointing out that a U-14 can't play in U-13 (gee thanks, never would have guessed that).

So you see, we are promoting player development by having the D1 players, play in the D3 games, because as we all know, if you really want to develop your game, there is no better place to do that than sitting on the bench and watching someone else play. That reminds me, back in the 80's I used to watch MJ every chance I got. By the time he was halfway through his rookie season in Chicago, I could dunk from half court using my ankles. Just goes to show, how much you can improve by sitting around and watching others.

It's a great rule. Scores upon scores of players will reap the benefits of being developed. The silver lining in it all? They don't even have to break a sweat.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 28/08/14, 11:20 am

SFFL5, I like the effort with the link and all, but check out the way Gophers already answered above
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 28/08/14, 11:30 am

bwgophers wrote:

PPL has not adopted CPP.  However, any player registered as an NTSSA competitive player can CPP with an LHGCL team from their same club, as long as there is no age restriction violation.

So yes, PPL players can CPP with LHGCL teams.  It also means that ECNL clubs can register their ECNL teams and players with NTSSA (but just not sign them up to play in any NTSSA leagues), and those players can also CPP with LHGCL teams.

Which some are doing for Premier League games.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next