North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Plano Labor Day Schedule  - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

Plano Labor Day Schedule

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Plano Labor Day Schedule  - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day Schedule

Post by 5050Ball 05/09/16, 03:58 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Guest101 wrote:I don't agree with that decision.  Teams knew the format going in, and now you have Dallas Texans who lost by one goal each to Sting and Solar being forced to play DTS in the finals. when they should be playing FCD Blue.  

Next time the TD should just let everyone know ahead of time that despite the rules and format he reserves the right to award semifinals to whoever he chooses.  

So let me get this straight...  You're complaining about a team that went 0-3 in bracket play, yet still advanced to the semi-finals, getting a raw deal from the tournament?

Um...  OK. Rolling Eyes

The age of entitlement...

5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 05/09/16, 06:21 pm

Congratulations to Dallas Texans South!
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 06Southgirl 05/09/16, 08:00 pm

Checkpoint Charlie wrote:Congratulations to Dallas Texans South!

Thanks CP Charlie. Congrats to Solar Black as well they played a great game in the finals!
06Southgirl
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SurfCup06 06/09/16, 07:00 am

Details on final game? Score?

SurfCup06
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 06/09/16, 07:57 am

06southgirl wrote:Tournament fixed it. All teams in bracket 2 advance !!!

Oh the Tournament was "fixed" alright...
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 06/09/16, 08:15 am

bwgophers wrote:
Guest101 wrote:I don't agree with that decision.  Teams knew the format going in, and now you have Dallas Texans who lost by one goal each to Sting and Solar being forced to play DTS in the finals. when they should be playing FCD Blue.  

Next time the TD should just let everyone know ahead of time that despite the rules and format he reserves the right to award semifinals to whoever he chooses.  

So let me get this straight...  You're complaining about a team that went 0-3 in bracket play, yet still advanced to the semi-finals, getting a raw deal from the tournament?

Um...  OK. Rolling Eyes

Not sure if anyone is complaining, just stating opinions on a forum. Is that still OK? I agree with Guest101. If brackets are established beforehand and it plays out that an 0-3 team advances, so be it. Those are the established rules. While we're at it, at playoff time, let's rearrange every regular season High School District, College Conference, East and West Conferences, MLB Wild Cards so "best teams" advance...not happening. Play your schedule and face life. It won't always go your way.

It's called "the way it is"...
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 06/09/16, 08:36 am

Yes, I've seen a lot of winless teams advance in MLB and College Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Cross-bracket play should be top points go through. It's called "getting it right"...
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 06/09/16, 09:09 am

5050Ball wrote:Yes, I've seen a lot of winless teams advance in MLB and College   Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Cross-bracket play should be top points go through.  It's called "getting it right"...

Please point out where I posted that "a lot of winless teams advance in MLB and College" - I mean since you want to be so literal this morning... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/09/16, 09:09 am

I always assumed these guys used software to generate schedule.

Back to top Go down

Post by 06Southgirl 06/09/16, 09:56 am

Bodhisattva wrote:

So you think it was "fixed" meaning the two better teams did not play in the final match?
06Southgirl
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathanial Hörnblowér 06/09/16, 10:20 am

5050Ball wrote:Cross-bracket play should be top points go through.  It's called "getting it right"...

I'm all for the teams with the most points advancing. But they need to "get it right" - in writing - before the tournament starts.

Nathanial Hörnblowér
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 06/09/16, 10:28 am

jka wrote:
5050Ball wrote:Cross-bracket play should be top points go through.  It's called "getting it right"...

I'm all for the teams with the most points advancing.  But they need to "get it right" - in writing - before the tournament starts.  

Wholeheartedly agree. But the history of this TD says it doesn't happen often. I'm glad they had the courage to admit a mistake. Anyone familiar with the age group could have seeded this group properly.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/09/16, 10:36 am

Bodhisattva wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Um...  OK. Rolling Eyes

Not sure if anyone is complaining, just stating opinions on a forum. Is that still OK?

Yes it is... and if you are going to state opinions on a public forum, you also must know that it's o.k. for me to state a snarky reply in disagreement, complete with an eyeroll emoji if I feel like it... and in this case, I felt like it. I still stand by my original statement. There is a point at which complaining about something like this is justified. I'm not sure exactly where that point is, but I do know that 0-3 isn't even in the same coordinate system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathanial Hörnblowér 06/09/16, 10:38 am

5050Ball wrote:Wholeheartedly agree.  But the history of this TD says it doesn't happen often.  I'm glad they had the courage to admit a mistake.  Anyone familiar with the age group could have seeded this group properly.

And then for U10 Gold they stuck with the original rules, so a team with 13 points (NOKC, that traveled from out of state) was left out in favor of D'Feeters with 11 points, because NOKC was 3rd in Bracket 1 and D'Feeters 2nd in Bracket 2.  Arbitrarily changing the rules and having them vary from bracket to bracket based on "extremity" of circumstances is inexcusable.

Nathanial Hörnblowér
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/09/16, 10:43 am

5050Ball wrote:
jka wrote:

I'm all for the teams with the most points advancing.  But they need to "get it right" - in writing - before the tournament starts.  

Wholeheartedly agree.  But the history of this TD says it doesn't happen often.  I'm glad they had the courage to admit a mistake.  Anyone familiar with the age group could have seeded this group properly.

I knew bracket 2 was stronger but I had no idea it was going to play out like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 06/09/16, 11:14 am

jka wrote:
5050Ball wrote:Wholeheartedly agree.  But the history of this TD says it doesn't happen often.  I'm glad they had the courage to admit a mistake.  Anyone familiar with the age group could have seeded this group properly.

And then for U10 Gold they stuck with the original rules, so a team with 13 points (NOKC, that traveled from out of state) was left out in favor of D'Feeters with 11 points, because NOKC was 3rd in Bracket 1 and D'Feeters 2nd in Bracket 2.  Arbitrarily changing the rules and having them vary from bracket to bracket based on "extremity" of circumstances is inexcusable.

FWIW... NOKC supposedly asked for clarification last Tues and Weds and were given 1 answer(pools 2 and 3 combined for playoff seeding), and then a different answer on Sunday. Also, Bracket 1 and 2 teams had a clear path to the playoffs with either 1st or 2nd place. Why did bracket 3 only have a wildcard slot? Kicks was 3-0 had most points, and had to play a Qtrfinal game due to being in bracket 3. Per the grid, there was a 4 team bracket and a 6 team bracket, but Ray H and Jenny Young didn't see it that way on Sunday. This situation also occurred in the Silver Bracket as Feet West was only team to win all 3(of 10 teams) in pool play(pool 3) yet had to play a qtr final game. Personally I think RH is an idiot, but I think many know that. It was our own fault for signing up for a tourney w RH as TD and w 4.5x8 foot goals. Won't make that mistake again.
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 06/09/16, 11:18 am

bwgophers wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Um...  OK. Rolling Eyes

Not sure if anyone is complaining, just stating opinions on a forum. Is that still OK?

There is a point at which complaining about something like this is justified.  

Why do complaints about anything need to be justified? Also, do we need to ask you for justified stamps of approval for our complaints moving forward?
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 06/09/16, 11:24 am

06southgirl wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:

So you think it was "fixed" meaning the two better teams did not play in the final match?    

There are many interpretations of "fixed" but I'll leave you with one since it is lunch time...

Read this topic from top to bottom and you tell me if this tournament is "fixed" or closer to being broken...
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 06/09/16, 12:08 pm

Bodhisattva wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Um...  OK. Rolling Eyes

Why do complaints about anything need to be justified? Also, do we need to ask you for justified stamps of approval for our complaints moving forward?

It might be a good idea to send your post to a friend to read over first. Sometimes we forget how we come across. It will give you a chance to cool down and realize how silly you sound. If you'd like me to look them over first...I'd be happy to.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/09/16, 12:11 pm

Bodhisattva wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Um...  OK. Rolling Eyes

Nope. The majority of us will have a clue as to whether it's justified, and we'll make sure to let the rest of you know if it isn't. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/09/16, 12:18 pm

Bodhisattva wrote:
06southgirl wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:

There are many interpretations of "fixed" but I'll leave you with one since it is lunch time...

Read this topic from top to bottom and you tell me if this tournament is "fixed" or closer to being broken...

Don't think anyone denies that the tournament is closer to being broken than fixed...  However, I'm thinking that the tournament would be more likely to lose future quality teams if word got out that teams that went 3-0 were not advanced over a team that they beat and that went 0-3, than word of the tournament making a mid-course change to correct a situation like this.

But that's just my humble opinion.  As this is a public forum, please feel free to disagree, tell me that my opinion is unjustified, or even make snarky comments with any emoji you want...

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 06/09/16, 01:06 pm

soccerjack wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Um...  OK. Rolling Eyes

It might be a good idea to send your post to a friend to read over first. Sometimes we forget how we come across. It will give you a chance to cool down and realize how silly you sound. If you'd like me to look them over first...I'd be happy to.

Thanks but I don't take sparring with soccer dads named after donkeys and gophers that serious. If you think I'm into this that much, I'm not. If you're trolling me, hats off. Just killing time on the Tuesday after Labor Day man.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 06/09/16, 01:11 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:
06southgirl wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:

Don't think anyone denies that the tournament is closer to being broken than fixed...  However, I'm thinking that the tournament would be more likely to lose future quality teams if word got out that teams that went 3-0 were not advanced over a team that they beat and that went 0-3, than word of the tournament making a mid-course change to correct a situation like this.

But that's just my humble opinion.  As this is a public forum, please feel free to disagree, tell me that my opinion is unjustified, or even make snarky comments with any emoji you want...

Compared to past years, it appears to be losing quality teams even before this weekend.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by select_newby 06/09/16, 01:24 pm

Where is the cutoff for the levels? For instance in the Silver A Division there were LH D1 and LH D3 teams. In the Silver B there were 3 or 4 LH D3 teams along with 5 or 6 teams playing in the Plano league along with an OKC team that had a 100% winning record who ended up winning Silver B. Does the TD ever put teams in the appropriate level (Gold, Silver A, Silver B) or is everyone on the honor system?

select_newby
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 06/09/16, 01:53 pm

Bodhisattva wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Um...  OK. Rolling Eyes

Thanks but I don't take sparring with soccer dads named after donkeys and gophers that serious. If you think I'm into this that much, I'm not. If you're trolling me, hats off. Just killing time on the Tuesday after Labor Day man.

Ok that's a lot better....you ate some lunch thought it through and feel a lot better now. Once you back up a little....you realize that lil suzies team going 0-3 probably didn't deserve to move on. While I agree that if it's a jdl team they should move on automatically irregardless of the score...because they aren't used to scores being kept...but that's a whole different issue. I'm glad I could help you today.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathanial Hörnblowér 06/09/16, 03:08 pm

select_newby wrote:Where is the cutoff for the levels? For instance in the Silver A Division there were LH D1 and LH D3 teams.

D'Feeters Black is a JDL team as well, correct?

Nathanial Hörnblowér
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next