North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

SRSA 06 - Pulp - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

SRSA 06 - Pulp

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SRSA 06 - Pulp - Page 2 Empty Re: SRSA 06 - Pulp

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 22/05/18, 03:30 pm

If it is true that CP slammed that Solar 06G team for lacking passion, saying that no one on the current roster would make DA the following year and remarking the team stood no chance of beating DTS in the finals, the same Solar 06G team gave CP a BIG F@#K YOU !!! and GO TO H3LL!!!

What a way for this Solar 06G team to prove CP wrong. WELL DONE LADIES!!!

I think this same Solar 06G team is the only Solar team to bring home a championship during the last DIGC. The other Solar teams either did not make it out of group stage or lost in the finals including CP's USSDA U14G team. (wow what an irony)

Lovely ... Karma is a b!+ch .... poetic justice indeed ... perfect Twisted Evil

Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/05/18, 03:39 pm

They both lucky sting black was at home shinen dem trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by playerpass666 22/05/18, 08:22 pm

Better shine what they have on the shelf, cause they wont be adding any after they lost their "star" player to the north side. North up, South Down - Right Powerkick?

Back to Pulp:

Pulp has been known to fall out of love very quickly with teams. He simply has had opportunity to take over well-coached, balanced teams that have a track record of success, he has never developed his own teams- it is just not his "thing": Money is more important to him. Buyer Beware.

playerpass666
playerpass666
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 22/05/18, 08:43 pm

The barbarians from the north defeated the Roman Empire and the rule of the land was no more.
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 22/05/18, 11:49 pm

playerpass666 wrote:Better shine what they have on the shelf, cause they wont be adding any after they lost their "star" player to the north side. North up, South Down - Right Powerkick?

Back to Pulp:

Pulp has been known to fall out of love very quickly with teams.  He simply has had opportunity to take over well-coached, balanced teams that have a track record of success, he has never developed his own teams- it is just not his "thing": Money is more important to him.  Buyer Beware.

There are times on a forum that one person’s thoughts or perceptions of a coach or team can influence others thinking on what they think a coach is like. This perception at times in conversation would seem fact. I would like to add some content to this thread as I did a lot of research and do know a lot about this topic.

Let me share my experience as my daughter and I did our research well before she ever played for Chris. I first met Chris Pulpaneck while he was the Director of Coaching at Liverpool FC. While director of Coaches at Liverpool he grew LP to its peak of quantity of teams and in addition to its pinnacle of quality teams. At the time I met him he coached 2 elite teams, the Liverpool Elite 98 and Liverpool Elite 00s. Chris started both teams at U-9 and developed them into North Texas powerhouse teams playing a possession style soccer that no other coach or club could match in North Texas. Both teams he developed, won multiple State Cup Championships, Regional Champions, Finalist, and National Championship appearances. It wasn’t until ECNL became a draw for college exposure and opportunities that players that he decided give up the club director position and move his girls to Solar where they could be on the Solar U14 and U16 ECNL teams the following year. Contrary to the statement you made above about Chris and money, he lost an extraordinary amount of revenue in this move leaving Liverpool and going to Solar. And although I don’t know the details it did show me that he truly cares about the girls and he is more concerned about what is best for them.

As part of the research my daughter and I did regarding Chris, we attended the 2013 US Youth Soccer Regional Championship’s in Edmond, Oklahoma and attended the 98’s Semifinal game. This was the 1st game we watched in regionals and it was an intense battle. The Liverpool goalie got called for a crazy foul in the box and the opponent team was gifted a PK as I recall, it was one of those momentum shifts that can make some coaches go bananas. Chris was very calm and cool and pushed the girls but never lost his cool. My daughter and I were glued to the action and ultimately the 98’s lost much to do with the fact that the opponent flew in two absolute studs (National Team Player as I recall) that morning from ECNL playoffs the prior day.

The second game was the U13 Regional Championship game and this team was much more intact simple due the fact that they hadn’t had to weather the attrition the U15’s suffered the prior two years of their top players leaving to go to ECNL clubs. This game was awesome to watch as their attacking mid dominated with a couple of goals scored by her alone, but the thing that stood out to my daughter and I was their dominating possession style of play. It was incredible to watch and my 9 year old daughter was glued to the game, only standing up once at half time to juggle the ball and talk to a few random strangers. Ultimately the U13’s prevailed and advanced to the National Championships hosted in Kansas City.

As my daughter and I walked out of the park, I can still remember it like it was yesterday, she looked at me and said, that is the kind of soccer she wanted to learn how to play.

A few months later Chris started an 05 team and my daughter committed to play for him and the rest is history as they say. To this day she loves playing for him and doesn’t regret or 2nd guess her decision. Chris took that same team my daughter joined with Solar at age 9 and developed them into winning State Cup at U11, 1st in SuperCopa ‘15, Finalist ’16, finalist in Surf Cup 17’, & Finalist in DIGC 18’ just to name a few familiar tournaments. He took the time to develop these young ladies is my point and they have a very bright future.

While my experiences are different than what you have described, I can tell you that the stories posted about the 06s are embellished significantly. I do understand that anger can do this. I also understand that no human says the right thing everyday and hope that the original first-time poster finds the best team for his DD.

At the end of the day, us as parents at times have no idea what goes on inside a club. There are decisions made that us as parents find out later. This is the case in this situation that the Club brought in a few new coaches and had to give them a home… it is what it is… but not about Chris abandoning anyone. As the originally poster commented that Chris was named as a co-coach not a head coach. Matt was the other co-coach but did most of the coaching on that team.

In closing, I have known Chris to be the most invested, honest, hard working coach I have ever met. The amount of time he spends on meeting in person with players and parents in addition to phone conversations with parents is very respectable. While I cannot discount the original posters’ thoughts and frustration as that was their experience, I had to share my own as my daughter has played for him for many years and do feel he has developed her and her teammates into soccer players that any college coach would want to have. If you are ever in a spot you are looking for a coach that will take your daughter to the next level, I highly recommend you try out for any of Chris’s teams depending on your DD’s level of play. He has a 04 DA team, a 04 & 05 ECNL team. Allow yourself to create your own experience with him and not go by one person’s experience.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by 46&2 23/05/18, 12:15 am

Curious what parts of the 06 story are embellished?
46&2
46&2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by UTD Field Director* 23/05/18, 08:21 am

Is this the same Chris Pulpaneck who met a few weeks ago on a Monday night with the 04 TCL team, telling them that their team would become the Solar 04FDL team, and their current coach would remain as the FDL coach?

Then, less than 24 hours later, Solar announced that Gabe Adames would be joining Solar as the 04 FDL coach (negotiations Chris was well aware of).

Why am I not surprised to hear the above?  Sounds like Solar has some real respectable coaches. Rolling Eyes

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 23/05/18, 08:26 am

NotNewHere wrote:Is this the same Chris Pulpaneck who met a few weeks ago on a Monday night with the 04 TCL team, telling them that their team would become the Solar 04FDL team, and their current coach would remain as the FDL coach?

Then, less than 24 hours later, Solar announced that Gabe Adames would be joining Solar as the 04 FDL coach (negotiations Chris was well aware of).

Why am I not surprised to hear the above?  Sounds like Solar has some real respectable coaches. Rolling Eyes

If you like your health care plan(coach), you'll be able to keep your health care plan(coach), you can keep it. BHO...CP... learned from same school of deception.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 23/05/18, 08:32 am

Steve (TCL team coach) is th FDL coach for 2018-2019 04s. cheers
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by UTD Field Director* 23/05/18, 08:56 am

FriscoSoccer2004 wrote:Steve (TCL team coach) is th FDL coach for 2018-2019 04s.  cheers

and yet you don't deny that Chris misled the 04 TCL team (or lied to them, depending on your perspective, given that he was well aware that Solar was close to signing the deal with Adames when he met with the TCL players and parents)

the subsequent change Solar made a couple weeks later doesn't alter what he knew and what he did

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by G21DD 23/05/18, 09:22 am

NotNewHere wrote:Is this the same Chris Pulpaneck who met a few weeks ago on a Monday night with the 04 TCL team, telling them that their team would become the Solar 04FDL team, and their current coach would remain as the FDL coach?

Is Gabe still going to Solar?  His 07 post this morning didn’t list a club.  His name was on list last week but is gone now.

http://www.solarsoccerclub.com/coaching-directors/

G21DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerphreak 23/05/18, 09:22 am

In regards to CP,

THE GOOD:
He teaches a very clean possession-style of play that resembles many top-notch D1 college programs.  I really like his tactical coaching and he seems to make really smart halftime adjustments.  He does not overcoach and is very chill on the sidelines during the game (except when he plays against Lee Weddell).  I like also that the girls learn to respect referees and the game in general and are known for being good sports since he does not ever lose his temper during games.

He's the best recruiter in NTX.  Period.  He's poached some of the best talent from other teams but, ironically, he whines when other coaches try to poach his players.  I've always thought his best gig would be to be an asst college coach in charge of recruiting like Higgy at TCU.  He would pull together amazing recruiting classes for SMU, or UNT or the like.

THE NOT-SO GOOD:
His communication style with parents leaves much to be desired.  It's all reactive, almost non-existent, and not really all that sincere.  You never know really what he thinks or means -- kind of a bs artist, frankly.  

My end-analysis of the guy is that he has a lazy streak to him.  Kind of wants to make the most money for the least effort.  

If you want a guaranteed spot on his team and a decent amount of playing time, make sure you go to one or more of his summer camps and your play$ing time will quickly add up.

I doubt he will remain at Solar much longer -- seems like he got a vote of no-confidence from Solca.  And I seriously doubt he will ever win a Natty again -- that team was gifted to him and almost anyone could have won with those horses.
soccerphreak
soccerphreak
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 23/05/18, 09:38 am

soccerphreak wrote:In regards to CP,

THE GOOD:
He teaches a very clean possession-style of play that resembles many top-notch D1 college programs.  I really like his tactical coaching and he seems to make really smart halftime adjustments.  He does not overcoach and is very chill on the sidelines during the game (except when he plays against Lee Weddell).  I like also that the girls learn to respect referees and the game in general and are known for being good sports since he does not ever lose his temper during games.

He's the best recruiter in NTX.  Period.  He's poached some of the best talent from other teams but, ironically, he whines when other coaches try to poach his players.  I've always thought his best gig would be to be an asst college coach in charge of recruiting like Higgy at TCU.  He would pull together amazing recruiting classes for SMU, or UNT or the like.

THE NOT-SO GOOD:
His communication style with parents leaves much to be desired.  It's all reactive, almost non-existent, and not really all that sincere.  You never know really what he thinks or means -- kind of a bs artist, frankly.  

My end-analysis of the guy is that he has a lazy streak to him.  Kind of wants to make the most money for the least effort.  

If you want a guaranteed spot on his team and a decent amount of playing time, make sure you go to one or more of his summer camps and your play$ing time will quickly add up.

I doubt he will remain at Solar much longer -- seems like he got a vote of no-confidence from Solca.  And I seriously doubt he will ever win a Natty again -- that team was gifted to him and almost anyone could have won with those horses.
This...x a gazillion.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by HSM 23/05/18, 09:50 am

G21DD wrote:

Is Gabe still going to Solar?  His 07 post this morning didn’t list a club.  His name was on list last week but is gone now.

http://www.solarsoccerclub.com/coaching-directors/

My guess is that his contract with Texans is not expired. Officially, he is not the Solar coach yet

HSM
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 23/05/18, 09:54 am

soccerphreak wrote:In regards to CP,

THE GOOD:

THE NOT-SO GOOD:

NTX Coaching at its finest

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by txsoccerloco 23/05/18, 10:01 am

Funny thing is his camps are actually good and if he would coach his teams like he does his camps, he would be an awesome coach. Unfortunately, at least with the 06's, he went from being a not so great a coach to a terrible person once he started bad mouthing the team of 11 year old girls to others. That was uncalled for and unwarranted.

txsoccerloco
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 23/05/18, 10:08 am

If you can't find anything good to say about anyone... let's get together and talk about bige and jk.

Last edited by Foxysoccermom on 23/05/18, 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsilent-Majority 23/05/18, 10:13 am

I can assure you FriscoSoccer2004 that my initial post was penned with neither anger nor embellishment but instead disappointment, and a factual 1st hand account of what the transpired at practice over the Summer & Fall.  If you have evidence that would suggest otherwise, please feel free to contradict me.  To add further clarity to your post, Matt coached 90% of the games while Chris coordinated and ran the practices.  All told, Chris coached a total of 3 games for the split squad during the Thanksgiving Showcase & witnessed 2 others during the Labor Day tournament.  The direction the team was taking was without question, based entirely upon Chris’ design.

What you witnessed the 2 games in OK highlights the precise reason our group was excited that Chris was taking charge of our team’s development last summer.  We heard that he was a good coach and his teams played a very respected brand of soccer.  We also heard that his engagement varied greatly from team to team and that he would abruptly drop those he became disinterested in.  In short, when engaged, he was a great coach with a proven track record; when disengaged he was almost, if not entirely, indifferent.  Regrettably, our team experienced the ladder (inside joke for the parents).  From your experience, I can see why you would take issue with the term ‘abandoned’, but I see no other way to accurately summarize his behavior with this team. He provided little or no direction at practice, openly criticized his own team vs provide necessary training/development, disappeared after Thanksgiving and officially left the team shortly after the last payment was due.    

In reflection, I believe the most disturbing facts are how quickly he became disengaged and how freely he ridiculed his own team to coaches and parents both in and outside the club almost immediately. This sort of conduct is not tolerated in any profession to my knowledge, yet Solar allowed it to continue as recently as the DIGC.  

On the bright side, to my knowledge each and every player on this team that had aspirations to play DA, received an offer from one or more clubs.

Unsilent-Majority
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 23/05/18, 10:52 am

FriscoSoccer2004 wrote:
playerpass666 wrote:Better shine what they have on the shelf, cause they wont be adding any after they lost their "star" player to the north side. North up, South Down - Right Powerkick?

Back to Pulp:

Pulp has been known to fall out of love very quickly with teams.  He simply has had opportunity to take over well-coached, balanced teams that have a track record of success, he has never developed his own teams- it is just not his "thing": Money is more important to him.  Buyer Beware.

There are times on a forum that one person’s thoughts or perceptions of a coach or team can influence others thinking on what they think a coach is like. This perception at times in conversation would seem fact.   I would like to add some content to this thread as I did a lot of research and do know a lot about this topic.

Let me share my experience as my daughter and I did our research well before she ever played for Chris.  I first met Chris Pulpaneck while he was the Director of Coaching at Liverpool FC.  While director of Coaches at Liverpool he grew LP to its peak of quantity of teams and in addition to its pinnacle of quality teams.  At the time I met him he coached 2 elite teams, the Liverpool Elite 98 and Liverpool Elite 00s.  Chris started both teams at U-9 and developed them into North Texas powerhouse teams playing a possession style soccer that no other coach or club could match in North Texas.  Both teams he developed, won multiple State Cup Championships, Regional Champions, Finalist, and National Championship appearances.   It wasn’t until ECNL became a draw for college exposure and opportunities that players that he decided give up the club director position and move his girls to Solar where they could be on the Solar U14 and U16 ECNL teams the following year.   Contrary to the statement you made above about Chris and money, he lost an extraordinary amount of revenue in this move leaving Liverpool and going to Solar.  And although I don’t know the details it did show me that he truly cares about the girls and he is more concerned about what is best for them.  

As part of the research my daughter and I did regarding Chris, we attended the 2013 US Youth Soccer Regional Championship’s in Edmond, Oklahoma and attended the 98’s Semifinal game.  This was the 1st game we watched in regionals and it was an intense battle.  The Liverpool goalie got called for a crazy foul in the box and the opponent team was gifted a PK as I recall, it was one of those momentum shifts that can make some coaches go bananas. Chris was very calm and cool and pushed the girls but never lost his cool.  My daughter and I were glued to the action and ultimately the 98’s lost much to do with the fact that the opponent flew in two absolute studs (National Team Player as I recall) that morning from ECNL playoffs the prior day.

The second game was the U13 Regional Championship game and this team was much more intact simple due the fact that they hadn’t had to weather the attrition the U15’s suffered the prior two years of their top players leaving to go to ECNL clubs.  This game was awesome to watch as their attacking mid dominated with a couple of goals scored by her alone, but the thing that stood out to my daughter and I was their dominating possession style of play.  It was incredible to watch and my 9 year old daughter was glued to the game, only standing up once at half time to juggle the ball and talk to a few random strangers.   Ultimately the U13’s prevailed and advanced to the National Championships hosted in Kansas City.

As my daughter and I walked out of the park, I can still remember it like it was yesterday, she looked at me and said, that is the kind of soccer she wanted to learn how to play.  

A few months later Chris started an 05 team and my daughter committed to play for him and the rest is history as they say.  To this day she loves playing for him and doesn’t regret or 2nd guess her decision.  Chris took that same team my daughter joined with Solar at age 9 and developed them into winning State Cup at U11,  1st in SuperCopa ‘15, Finalist ’16, finalist in Surf Cup 17’, & Finalist in DIGC 18’ just to name a few familiar tournaments. He took the time to develop these young ladies is my point and they have a very bright future.

While my experiences are different than what you have described, I can tell you that the stories posted about the 06s are embellished significantly.  I do understand that anger can do this. I also understand that no human says the right thing everyday and hope that the original first-time poster finds the best team for his DD.

At the end of the day, us as parents at times have no idea what goes on inside a club. There are decisions made that us as parents find out later. This is the case in this situation that the Club brought in a few new coaches and had to give them a home… it is what it is… but not about Chris abandoning anyone. As the originally poster commented that Chris was named as a co-coach not a head coach.  Matt was the other co-coach but did most of the coaching on that team.  

In closing, I have known Chris to be the most invested, honest, hard working coach I have ever met. The amount of time he spends on meeting in person with players and parents in addition to phone conversations with parents is very respectable.  While I cannot discount the original posters’ thoughts and frustration as that was their experience, I had to share my own as my daughter has played for him for many years and do feel he has developed her and her teammates into soccer players that any college coach would want to have.  If you are ever in a spot you are looking for a coach that will take your daughter to the next level, I highly recommend you try out for any of Chris’s teams depending on your DD’s level of play.  He has a 04 DA team, a 04 & 05 ECNL team.  Allow yourself to create your own experience with him and not go by one person’s experience.

I don't know which 05 team is this, but I have no recollection of a Solar 05 CP-coached team, winning State Cup, SuperCopa or being a Finalist in DIGC 2018.  I believe DIGC 2018 Finals for 05s was DTS vs San Jose Earthquakes.
I thought MC's 05s were the top dogs at Solar until the onset of DA/ECNL.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 23/05/18, 11:02 am

Pele98 wrote: I don't know which 05 team is this, but I have no recollection of a Solar 05 CP-coached team, winning State Cup, SuperCopa or being a Finalist in DIGC 2018.  I believe DIGC 2018 Finals for 05s was DTS vs San Jose Earthquakes.

Pulp definitely had the top 05 Solar team before age pure split.  I believe this poster's daughter went with the 04s after the split.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 23/05/18, 11:32 am

Pele98 wrote:
FriscoSoccer2004 wrote:

Back to Pulp:

There are times on a forum that one person’s thoughts or perceptions of a coach or team can influence others thinking on what they think a coach is like. This perception at times in conversation would seem fact.   I would like to add some content to this thread as I did a lot of research and do know a lot about this topic.

Let me share my experience as my daughter and I did our research well before she ever played for Chris.  I first met Chris Pulpaneck while he was the Director of Coaching at Liverpool FC.  While director of Coaches at Liverpool he grew LP to its peak of quantity of teams and in addition to its pinnacle of quality teams.  At the time I met him he coached 2 elite teams, the Liverpool Elite 98 and Liverpool Elite 00s.  Chris started both teams at U-9 and developed them into North Texas powerhouse teams playing a possession style soccer that no other coach or club could match in North Texas.  Both teams he developed, won multiple State Cup Championships, Regional Champions, Finalist, and National Championship appearances.   It wasn’t until ECNL became a draw for college exposure and opportunities that players that he decided give up the club director position and move his girls to Solar where they could be on the Solar U14 and U16 ECNL teams the following year.   Contrary to the statement you made above about Chris and money, he lost an extraordinary amount of revenue in this move leaving Liverpool and going to Solar.  And although I don’t know the details it did show me that he truly cares about the girls and he is more concerned about what is best for them.  

As part of the research my daughter and I did regarding Chris, we attended the 2013 US Youth Soccer Regional Championship’s in Edmond, Oklahoma and attended the 98’s Semifinal game.  This was the 1st game we watched in regionals and it was an intense battle.  The Liverpool goalie got called for a crazy foul in the box and the opponent team was gifted a PK as I recall, it was one of those momentum shifts that can make some coaches go bananas. Chris was very calm and cool and pushed the girls but never lost his cool.  My daughter and I were glued to the action and ultimately the 98’s lost much to do with the fact that the opponent flew in two absolute studs (National Team Player as I recall) that morning from ECNL playoffs the prior day.

The second game was the U13 Regional Championship game and this team was much more intact simple due the fact that they hadn’t had to weather the attrition the U15’s suffered the prior two years of their top players leaving to go to ECNL clubs.  This game was awesome to watch as their attacking mid dominated with a couple of goals scored by her alone, but the thing that stood out to my daughter and I was their dominating possession style of play.  It was incredible to watch and my 9 year old daughter was glued to the game, only standing up once at half time to juggle the ball and talk to a few random strangers.   Ultimately the U13’s prevailed and advanced to the National Championships hosted in Kansas City.

A few months later Chris started an 05 team and my daughter committed to play for him and the rest is history as they say.  To this day she loves playing for him and doesn’t regret or 2nd guess her decision.  Chris took that same team my daughter joined with Solar at age 9 and developed them into winning State Cup at U11,  1st in SuperCopa ‘15, Finalist ’16, finalist in Surf Cup 17’, & Finalist in DIGC 18’ just to name a few familiar tournaments. He took the time to develop these young ladies is my point and they have a very bright future.

While my experiences are different than what you have described, I can tell you that the stories posted about the 06s are embellished significantly.  I do understand that anger can do this. I also understand that no human says the right thing everyday and hope that the original first-time poster finds the best team for his DD.

At the end of the day, us as parents at times have no idea what goes on inside a club. There are decisions made that us as parents find out later. This is the case in this situation that the Club brought in a few new coaches and had to give them a home… it is what it is… but not about Chris abandoning anyone. As the originally poster commented that Chris was named as a co-coach not a head coach.  Matt was the other co-coach but did most of the coaching on that team.  

In closing, I have known Chris to be the most invested, honest, hard working coach I have ever met. The amount of time he spends on meeting in person with players and parents in addition to phone conversations with parents is very respectable.  While I cannot discount the original posters’ thoughts and frustration as that was their experience, I had to share my own as my daughter has played for him for many years and do feel he has developed her and her teammates into soccer players that any college coach would want to have.  If you are ever in a spot you are looking for a coach that will take your daughter to the next level, I highly recommend you try out for any of Chris’s teams depending on your DD’s level of play.  He has a 04 DA team, a 04 & 05 ECNL team.  Allow yourself to create your own experience with him and not go by one person’s experience.

I don't know which 05 team is this, but I have no recollection of a Solar 05 CP-coached team, winning State Cup, SuperCopa or being a Finalist in DIGC 2018.  I believe DIGC 2018 Finals for 05s was DTS vs San Jose Earthquakes.

Don't ruin the moment with questions and facts.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 23/05/18, 11:47 am

Can we hear from more of the Cancer parents. That's entertaining. Not this blah blah blah stuff.

The floor is lava.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 23/05/18, 11:48 am

ForReal wrote:
Pele98 wrote: I don't know which 05 team is this, but I have no recollection of a Solar 05 CP-coached team, winning State Cup, SuperCopa or being a Finalist in DIGC 2018.  I believe DIGC 2018 Finals for 05s was DTS vs San Jose Earthquakes.

Pulp definitely had the top 05 Solar team before age pure split.  I believe this poster's daughter went with the 04s after the split.

Correct hence the screen name change from 05 to 2004 with AP
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotcoco 23/05/18, 12:59 pm

12:58:08SRSA 06 - Pulp - Page 2 Bd0dc710
Code:
[left]23.05.2018[/left]

Hotcoco
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 23/05/18, 01:19 pm

46&2 wrote:Curious what parts of the 06 story are embellished?
This is like a tv reality show .... any updates on this one?
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yo 23/05/18, 01:42 pm

Checkpoint Charlie wrote:
46&2 wrote:Curious what parts of the 06 story are embellished?
This is like a tv reality show .... any updates on this one?

Tool rule

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next