North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

02 Top 20 Rankings - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

02 Top 20 Rankings

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

02 Top 20 Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: 02 Top 20 Rankings

Post by Guest 04/03/11, 08:00 pm

[quote="Messi Dude"][quote="ballin0TOO"]
tmcc wrote:
redcard99 wrote:Sorry 1v1 I guess the dead horse Im beating is you and your DD. lol

1.Rowdies
2.Webb
3.Glotz
4.Stav
5.DT South
6.Dynamos
7.Fever
8.Feet
9.Rangel
10.Barnes

By the way heard top Fever player went to Rowdies. Can anyone confirm? Everyone said dont say implode, but that Fever thing looks pretty bad right now. All the Texan girls that were with Penn in the move are gone.OUCH!!!

This is innaccurate. There is still one and hopefully she stays. Sorry to disappoint, heard she was at Glotz practice last night. Also heard she was checking out the Dark Side. She will not be on Fever soon. Oh, and by the way! Fevers best overall player is now on Glotz. Runner up, Rowdies... Rowdies girl very physical, very strong. Great athlete. Unfortunately this isn't MMA, this is soccer THE BEAUTIFUL GAME. The older they get they will need to count on their first touch, skill, and PASSING. Brute force will get you no where in this game the older they get. Juss my two cents!!!

Fever BEST OVERALL PLAYER on Glotz??? Who might that be? THAT IS AN INACCURACY; DM has that kid, the DD you're referring to clearly is the runner-up, were she the BEST OVERALL PLAYER, THE DARK LORD WOULD HAVE FOUND HER. When it comes to PLAYING THE BEAUTIFUL GAME this isn't even my DD (BUT I WILL ADOPT HER!!) during my observations, although she is athletic & strong she has incredible field vision and her passing skills are impeccable, she's patient, unselfish and smart in the middle, she looks to assist her teammates before she pulls the trigger. I've seen this kid play against us at Sweeper, Midfield and Forward in the past and she is an all around soccer player offensively and defensively.

Last edited by ballin0TOO on 05/03/11, 01:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 04/03/11, 08:32 pm

TorquauyU wrote:
soccerskills wrote:There are great players on almost every team!
except yours

Right on. I just admire the "most" other teams!
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/03/11, 09:16 pm

[quote="tmcc"]
ballin0TOO wrote:
Messi Dude wrote:
ballin0TOO wrote:
tmcc wrote:
redcard99 wrote:Sorry 1v1 I guess the dead horse Im beating is you and your DD. lol

1.Rowdies
2.Webb
3.Glotz
4.Stav
5.DT South
6.Dynamos
7.Fever
8.Feet
9.Rangel
10.Barnes

By the way heard top Fever player went to Rowdies. Can anyone confirm? Everyone said dont say implode, but that Fever thing looks pretty bad right now. All the Texan girls that were with Penn in the move are gone.OUCH!!!

This is innaccurate. There is still one and hopefully she stays. Sorry to disappoint, heard she was at Glotz practice last night. Also heard she was checking out the Dark Side. She will not be on Fever soon. Oh, and by the way! Fevers best overall player is now on Glotz. Runner up, Rowdies... Rowdies girl very physical, very strong. Great athlete. Unfortunately this isn't MMA, this is soccer THE BEAUTIFUL GAME. The older they get they will need to count on their first touch, skill, and PASSING. Brute force will get you no where in this game the older they get. Juss my two cents!!!

Fever BEST OVERALL PLAYER on Glotz??? Who might that be? THAT IS AN INACCURACY; DM has that kid, the DD you're referring to clearly is the runner-up, were she the BEST OVERALL PLAYER, THE DARK LORD WOULD HAVE FOUND HER. When it comes to PLAYING THE BEAUTIFUL GAME this isn't even my DD (BUT I WILL ADOPT HER!!) during my observations, although she is athletic & strong she has incredible field vision and her passing skills are impeccable, she's patient, unselfish and smart in the middle, she looks to assist her teammates before she pulls the trigger. I've seen this kid play against us at Sweeper, Midfield and Forward in the past and she is an all around soccer player offensively and defensively.
Well that's funny cause the last times we played against her on Texans Penn , and on Fever Penn she didn't do much of anything. That's what I have to go by. Sorry didn't mean to hit a nerve. And its clear to see that you (Messi dude and L Messi) are in kahoots. Looks like mom and dad to the rescue!! You two are the only ones on the 02 threads hyping her up to be the next Marta. Take a deep breath and relax y'all have a long road ahead of ya. No need to get all worked up over some forum. Although it gives me great pleasure to be hitting all those nerves!!!

I know you guys think you know it all when it comes to talent, but obviously you don't. If you did you would realize that the best player on Fever, maybe in the entire league, is still on Fever. I watch these girls at practice and in games and although the 2 girls that left Fever are very talented.....trust me, they don't do what this girl does. And now that we lost our all world midfielder to Rowdies, the best Fever player will be back in the middle where she belongs.... and rules. Come watch instead of hoping, and you will see.

The only thing obvious here is that YOU SIR, are getting those feeling hurt cause no one on here is talking bout this mystery girl. If she's sooo good like you say she is, than why did she get her spot took? And the only reason she's getting that spot back is cause those two players left. That's a lot to be proud of... its funny no one else has mentioned her. Oh and its not very hard to be the best player in the entire league when you play in that watered down league known as Prime Time. I know 03's that would be considered super stars in the 02 div 1 PT.... Chew on that for a while!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 04/03/11, 10:47 pm

[quote="ballin0TOO"]
tmcc wrote:
ballin0TOO wrote:
Messi Dude wrote:
ballin0TOO wrote:
tmcc wrote:

1.Rowdies
2.Webb
3.Glotz
4.Stav
5.DT South
6.Dynamos
7.Fever
8.Feet
9.Rangel
10.Barnes

Well that's funny cause the last times we played against her on Texans Penn , and on Fever Penn she didn't do much of anything. That's what I have to go by. Sorry didn't mean to hit a nerve. And its clear to see that you (Messi dude and L Messi) are in kahoots. Looks like mom and dad to the rescue!! You two are the only ones on the 02 threads hyping her up to be the next Marta. Take a deep breath and relax y'all have a long road ahead of ya. No need to get all worked up over some forum. Although it gives me great pleasure to be hitting all those nerves!!!

I know you guys think you know it all when it comes to talent, but obviously you don't. If you did you would realize that the best player on Fever, maybe in the entire league, is still on Fever. I watch these girls at practice and in games and although the 2 girls that left Fever are very talented.....trust me, they don't do what this girl does. And now that we lost our all world midfielder to Rowdies, the best Fever player will be back in the middle where she belongs.... and rules. Come watch instead of hoping, and you will see.

The only thing obvious here is that YOU SIR, are getting those feeling hurt cause no one on here is talking bout this mystery girl. If she's sooo good like you say she is, than why did she get her spot took? And the only reason she's getting that spot back is cause those two players left. That's a lot to be proud of... its funny no one else has mentioned her. Oh and its not very hard to be the best player in the entire league when you play in that watered down league known as Prime Time. I know 03's that would be considered super stars in the 02 div 1 PT.... Chew on that for a while!!!!

Ballin, you are right. How could I have ever thought that my opinion of a players ability that I see mulitiple times a week, would be less accurate than those that have seen the players ability a few times in the past year or two. My feelings aren't hurt. It is a bit irritating that a lot of posters think that because Fever has lost players, that the team is falling apart. I am pretty sure Fever was already one of the top teams prior to the merger. As far as the mystery girl goes, you should do your homework before you post. She has been talked about on here. So do yourself a favor and come watch her play. I won't get into specifics about why she was moved, but don't for a second think it was because she lost her position to someone more skilled. Think more Michael Young moving to shortstop. He did it for the team. I mistyped about her being the best in the "league". What I meant to say is that she is, from what I have seen, she is the best in all of 02. That's right. I said it. So if you have no idea who the mystery girl is, come watch her play. Then you can take that information, plug it into your soccer whiz intellect, and chew on it yourself.

Sorry. That was kind of mean. I am a smart a$$ and that got the better of me. Seriously though. Come watch.
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : Sometimes, when you mess with the bull, you get the horns!

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 04/03/11, 11:06 pm

[quote="tmcc"]
ballin0TOO wrote:
tmcc wrote:
ballin0TOO wrote:
Messi Dude wrote:
ballin0TOO wrote:
tmcc wrote:

1.Rowdies
2.Webb
3.Glotz
4.Stav
5.DT South
6.Dynamos
7.Fever
8.Feet
9.Rangel
10.Barnes

Ballin, you are right. How could I have ever thought that my opinion of a players ability that I see mulitiple times a week, would be less accurate than those that have seen the players ability a few times in the past year or two. My feelings aren't hurt. It is a bit irritating that a lot of posters think that because Fever has lost players, that the team is falling apart. I am pretty sure Fever was already one of the top teams prior to the merger. As far as the mystery girl goes, you should do your homework before you post. She has been talked about on here. So do yourself a favor and come watch her play. I won't get into specifics about why she was moved, but don't for a second think it was because she lost her position to someone more skilled. Think more Michael Young moving to shortstop. He did it for the team. I mistyped about her being the best in the "league". What I meant to say is that she is, from what I have seen, she is the best in all of 02. That's right. I said it. So if you have no idea who the mystery girl is, come watch her play. Then you can take that information, plug it into your soccer whiz intellect, and chew on it yourself.

Sorry. That was kind of mean. I am a smart a$$ and that got the better of me. Seriously though. Come watch.

tmcc, I am almost positive that I know the player that you speak of. I have seen her play as far back as the old rec. days. She is very smart, has a good touch and distributes the ball with great vision, and accuracy. Actual soccer skills/technical ability wont take over for another 4-5 years and she wont get much mention until then. The players that stand out now are the athletic big and/or physical ones (in general). Don't sweat it. Keep in mind that little Lionel Messi wasn't really discovered until about age 14 for the same reason.

Peace out, I'm in line at the pharmacy filling my dd's Rx for HGH affraid
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 04/03/11, 11:32 pm

[quote="soccerskills"]
tmcc wrote:
ballin0TOO wrote:
tmcc wrote:
ballin0TOO wrote:
Messi Dude wrote:
ballin0TOO wrote:
tmcc wrote:

1.Rowdies
2.Webb
3.Glotz
4.Stav
5.DT South
6.Dynamos
7.Fever
8.Feet
9.Rangel
10.Barnes

tmcc, I am almost positive that I know the player that you speak of. I have seen her play as far back as the old rec. days. She is very smart, has a good touch and distributes the ball with great vision, and accuracy. Actual soccer skills/technical ability wont take over for another 4-5 years and she wont get much mention until then. The players that stand out now are the athletic big and/or physical ones (in general). Don't sweat it. Keep in mind that little Lionel Messi wasn't really discovered until about age 14 for the same reason.

Your daughter does not need HGH. She is already big, strong and skilled. Pick it up anyway. I will buy it of you for my wee daughter.
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 04/03/11, 11:45 pm

redcard99 wrote:No I did not forget FCD in my ranking. I should have left off Stav too. These are for fun but I have to be fair. So if you share like Stav and FCD do then you cant really put them on the rankings. Not fair to the other girls who play and stay on same team. Sorry if I offened you 1v1 I was only kidding.
1. Rowdies
2. Webb
3. Glotz
4. DT South
5. Dynamos (if they dont share,seen it in past)
6. Fever
7. Feet
8. DT Rangel
9. Solar Barnes
10. wide open after that

redcard, I am not attempting to be facetious, so please hear this out. I am not one to rank teams because of all the different factors at this age. I do find it entertaining to read them from time to time and I appreciate the effort that some of you put into it. The rankings give me a small snapshot, one perspective, of where a team stands against the competition.

The only little issue I have is with the term(s) "guest/share" and I will throw out a little scenario to show why. The parents of a player tell the coach of another team that they are thinking of making a change for whatever reason. In this case the coach or parents might request that the player join the team for a few games and practices to see if things are a good fit. Now after a few games/practices the parents of the player can decide to move on or the coach might tell the parents that it wont work for whatever reason. Is this "guesting"? It certainly couldn't be looked at like the coach was just trying to put a good player on the field just to win some extra games, right?

I haven't really seen any teams try to invite "top" players to this game, or that one, just to notch a win on their belt. I have now seen a few times where I know a dd was trying out a few different teams to see where they fit best and after they move on from team A to team B people get on the forum and bash team A for using "guests".

This is academy and people should try a few different teams to make sure they are a good fit before going select, right?

I am certainly not omniscient, so feel free to give your views and different ideas on things that you have seen. It just seems we need to define "guest" on this forum. I know a while back the 01 parents threw around the term "guess" player:) Maybe we could define the two and use them where appropriate?
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 04/03/11, 11:51 pm

[quote="tmcc"]
soccerskills wrote:
tmcc wrote:
ballin0TOO wrote:
tmcc wrote:
ballin0TOO wrote:
Messi Dude wrote:
ballin0TOO wrote:
tmcc wrote:

1.Rowdies
2.Webb
3.Glotz
4.Stav
5.DT South
6.Dynamos
7.Fever
8.Feet
9.Rangel
10.Barnes

Your daughter does not need HGH. She is already big, strong and skilled. Pick it up anyway. I will buy it of you for my wee daughter.

My dd is certainly not big. And she can't be strong and skilled because, if she was, people on the forum would talk about her! lol!
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/03/11, 11:56 pm

soccerskills wrote:
redcard99 wrote:No I did not forget FCD in my ranking. I should have left off Stav too. These are for fun but I have to be fair. So if you share like Stav and FCD do then you cant really put them on the rankings. Not fair to the other girls who play and stay on same team. Sorry if I offened you 1v1 I was only kidding.
1. Rowdies
2. Webb
3. Glotz
4. DT South
5. Dynamos (if they dont share,seen it in past)
6. Fever
7. Feet
8. DT Rangel
9. Solar Barnes
10. wide open after that

redcard, I am not attempting to be facetious, so please hear this out. I am not one to rank teams because of all the different factors at this age. I do find it entertaining to read them from time to time and I appreciate the effort that some of you put into it. The rankings give me a small snapshot, one perspective, of where a team stands against the competition.

The only little issue I have is with the term(s) "guest/share" and I will throw out a little scenario to show why. The parents of a player tell the coach of another team that they are thinking of making a change for whatever reason. In this case the coach or parents might request that the player join the team for a few games and practices to see if things are a good fit. Now after a few games/practices the parents of the player can decide to move on or the coach might tell the parents that it wont work for whatever reason. Is this "guesting"? It certainly couldn't be looked at like the coach was just trying to put a good player on the field just to win some extra games, right?

I haven't really seen any teams try to invite "top" players to this game, or that one, just to notch a win on their belt. I have now seen a few times where I know a dd was trying out a few different teams to see where they fit best and after they move on from team A to team B people get on the forum and bash team A for using "guests".

This is academy and people should try a few different teams to make sure they are a good fit before going select, right?

I am certainly not omniscient, so feel free to give your views and different ideas on things that you have seen. It just seems we need to define "guest" on this forum. I know a while back the 01 parents threw around the term "guess" player:) Maybe we could define the two and use them where appropriate?

I appreciate your perspective G and your illustration can be considered a legitimate form of "circumstantial" sharing. But I still think there is some stacking from time to time based on the opponent. Can't really say how often, but we know it goes on.

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard99 05/03/11, 12:00 am

soccerskills with all due respect you are out of touch or you are not in the game. Stav and FCD go back and forth with a few players. So in order to be fair to the girls and teams that dont I cant rank them. Who knows where they will end up by contract time. For now in league play those sharing cant be ranked. Its the right thing to do. Use words like guest or sharing(whatever) same girls on a couple of teams.

redcard99
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 05/03/11, 12:04 am

[quote="soccerskills"]
tmcc wrote:
soccerskills wrote:
tmcc wrote:
ballin0TOO wrote:
tmcc wrote:
ballin0TOO wrote:
Messi Dude wrote:
ballin0TOO wrote:
tmcc wrote:

1.Rowdies
2.Webb
3.Glotz
4.Stav
5.DT South
6.Dynamos
7.Fever
8.Feet
9.Rangel
10.Barnes

My dd is certainly not big. And she can't be strong and skilled because, if she was, people on the forum would talk about her! lol!

She is bigger than mine and as I have proven and you have agreed, it appears some people mistake big, and strong for skill and vision and creativity.
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/03/11, 12:29 am

redcard99 wrote:soccerskills with all due respect you are out of touch or you are not in the game. Stav and FCD go back and forth with a few players. So in order to be fair to the girls and teams that dont I cant rank them. Who knows where they will end up by contract time. For now in league play those sharing cant be ranked. Its the right thing to do. Use words like guest or sharing(whatever) same girls on a couple of teams.

Soccerskills, if the guest players were all practicing before showing up for a game, then you would have a point. Practice before game play seems like the logical and proper order if a player is wanting "test drive another team". When a parent is introducing their child to the coach minutes before a game starts, the take away can only be that a practice has never been attended and alterior motives are being sought.....winning against certain teams in effort to draw talent the year before going select. And so be it if that's the case. But, agreed, whether it's fun or serious ranking, it's skewed by what seems to be a consistent occurrence weeks into this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 05/03/11, 05:02 am

All points well recieved and noted. redcard, you are probably right that I'm just not in check with everything that is going on. Also, it could be that my dd is on a team that is weak to the point that opposition never has to "stack up" against us, so I just don't see any of it. lol.

It is just really difficult for me to think of a quality coach(when he's around) like Stav inviting players into his line up just to win a certain game. But, I would agree with the rest of you that it's not cool if that is truly what is happening. Shame on any coach that does that. IMHO, the parents of those dd's are not at fault though. The parents probably just want their dd's to get the extra touches, or maybe one coach plays them at a certain position and the other coach plays them in a different spot and it is good experience for the player. Digging in by "guesting" a lot could also be done to try and recruit from within. Talking to the parents on the sidelines, etc....

Currently, is it just FCD and Stav that is doing this??????????
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 05/03/11, 05:12 am

WEML wrote:
redcard99 wrote:soccerskills with all due respect you are out of touch or you are not in the game. Stav and FCD go back and forth with a few players. So in order to be fair to the girls and teams that dont I cant rank them. Who knows where they will end up by contract time. For now in league play those sharing cant be ranked. Its the right thing to do. Use words like guest or sharing(whatever) same girls on a couple of teams.

Soccerskills, if the guest players were all practicing before showing up for a game, then you would have a point. Practice before game play seems like the logical and proper order if a player is wanting "test drive another team". When a parent is introducing their child to the coach minutes before a game starts, the take away can only be that a practice has never been attended and alterior motives are being sought.....winning against certain teams in effort to draw talent the year before going select. And so be it if that's the case. But, agreed, whether it's fun or serious ranking, it's skewed by what seems to be a consistent occurrence weeks into this season.

WEML that is true, I don't disagree at all. Just playing a little devils advocate to keep the dialogue going. Not trying to prove your point moot, just adding another scenario. What if both teams practice on the same night? The parent continues to show the full committment to the original team by attending all practices and games. Then the only way to get in some "test driving" is by playing in the games, if they don't conflict with the original team.

What would be proper etiquette in this case?
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02soccerdad 05/03/11, 09:37 am

Redcard, how conveniant that your dd's team is moving up the 02 Rankings, by leaving out FCD and Stav. If it makes you feel better about yourself, take some other teams out too. Why dont you save us all the headache, and put your team right there on top. Dont matter much, cause you are still gonna have to play the the teams you leave out.
02soccerdad
02soccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 05/03/11, 10:32 am

Contrary, I think Soccerskills is right on. That's why this is Academy, not Select. Developmental league, they don't even keep official scores or standings. Trying to let them sort out where they want to play before select. If FCD-Grubb and Stav are ok with it, why do you have such a problem?

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerinsane 05/03/11, 11:54 am

Personally, I'd rather everyone shop clubs and teams now instead of June of the end of u10 when I'd rather my dd be on a solid team that fits her skill level and where she's comfortable with the coach and her teammates AND where her teammates feel the same way so we aren't worried about anyone bolting. Get your "best fit" figured out now.
soccerinsane
soccerinsane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by reccos02 05/03/11, 02:44 pm

soccerinsane wrote:Personally, I'd rather everyone shop clubs and teams now instead of June of the end of u10 when I'd rather my dd be on a solid team that fits her skill level and where she's comfortable with the coach and her teammates AND where her teammates feel the same way so we aren't worried about anyone bolting. Get your "best fit" figured out now.

Im with you. Not to mention, its perfectly legal now.

reccos02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 05/03/11, 03:56 pm

soccerskills wrote:There are great players on almost every team!
True but the better teams have more depth.

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerinsane 05/03/11, 04:25 pm

reccos02 wrote:
soccerinsane wrote:Personally, I'd rather everyone shop clubs and teams now instead of June of the end of u10 when I'd rather my dd be on a solid team that fits her skill level and where she's comfortable with the coach and her teammates AND where her teammates feel the same way so we aren't worried about anyone bolting. Get your "best fit" figured out now.

Im with you. Not to mention, its perfectly legal now.

Exactly! Which is why I don't get how so many of these threads turn into people complaining about which teams have which players and who is playing where or when. Who cares at this point, honestly? And ranking is for fun and will not match up exactly to the select rankings when we get there anyway. It will be close, I'd imagine for the top five merely because they already have the depth and will have less movement going into select. There is a reason gotsoccer only shows scores for academy and not rankings--can't really do it now. But keep posting our best guesses because it is entertaining. Smile
soccerinsane
soccerinsane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/03/11, 07:53 pm

soccerskills wrote:
WEML wrote:

WEML that is true, I don't disagree at all. Just playing a little devils advocate to keep the dialogue going. Not trying to prove your point moot, just adding another scenario. What if both teams practice on the same night? The parent continues to show the full committment to the original team by attending all practices and games. Then the only way to get in some "test driving" is by playing in the games, if they don't conflict with the original team.

I guess in your scenario, I see the commitment to the original team has been questioned to some extent. So why not miss one practice and then play a game? Keep in mind, we have been loyal and steadfast to our team....win or lose so my opinion is from that standpoint. I see negative comments coming my way, and go for it, but grinding it out and having faith in the club and coach has been the right path for our DD. Our house has also rooted for the Spurs as far back as we can remember. Win or lose.....4 championships later.....maybe 5 in the near future?

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 05/03/11, 08:11 pm

WEML wrote:
soccerskills wrote:
WEML wrote:

I guess in your scenario, I see the commitment to the original team has been questioned to some extent. So why not miss one practice and then play a game? Keep in mind, we have been loyal and steadfast to our team....win or lose so my opinion is from that standpoint. I see negative comments coming my way, and go for it, but grinding it out and having faith in the club and coach has been the right path for our DD. Our house has also rooted for the Spurs as far back as we can remember. Win or lose.....4 championships later.....maybe 5 in the near future?

What's the Spurs record against the Mavs this year.....just saying!
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/03/11, 08:21 pm

mcik17 wrote:
WEML wrote:
soccerskills wrote:
WEML wrote:

What's the Spurs record against the Mavs this year.....just saying!

Since you asked, it's 2-1 Spurs with one game left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 05/03/11, 08:52 pm

WEML, that's awesome that you have been able to stick it out with the same team. You must trust your coach, get along with the parents, and your child must be developing well. Not all of us are that fortunate. I feel that if any, one, of those three things are absent from the equation then its time to make a move in academy soccer. This is our time, as parents, to find the right fit for our player and family. Come select time we will lose a lot of our control/power to the club/coach.
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard99 05/03/11, 09:46 pm

02soccerdad nobody is wanting to move my team up the ranking. You are clearly not smart enough to get my point. Here it is one more time for you and everyone else who just can't get something so simple. You can play where you want. You can bounce back and forth. You can find what team and coach fit you. it is ACADEMY that is GREAT. It is alot of money and time when you lock under contract. You need to be sure what is best for your DD and family. What you can't do is rank the teams that pass, and share players. You can't get an real feel for the team. It is not fair to the girls who are on one team. Come on 02soccerdad you must be a Stav/FCD parent. If you only knew how pathetic you look. Trust me if you dont get it now you never will. See you on the pitch.

redcard99
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/03/11, 11:31 pm

redcard99 wrote:02soccerdad nobody is wanting to move my team up the ranking. You are clearly not smart enough to get my point. Here it is one more time for you and everyone else who just can't get something so simple. You can play where you want. You can bounce back and forth. You can find what team and coach fit you. it is ACADEMY that is GREAT. It is alot of money and time when you lock under contract. You need to be sure what is best for your DD and family. What you can't do is rank the teams that pass, and share players. You can't get an real feel for the team. It is not fair to the girls who are on one team. Come on 02soccerdad you must be a Stav/FCD parent. If you only knew how pathetic you look. Trust me if you dont get it now you never will. See you on the pitch.

Then explain how this is not fair to teams who do not use guest players.

How is this an advantage using guest players? If so what type of advantge and who gets the advantage the coach, the players?

Teams who use the same players day in and day out would seem to have the advantage.

Im really trying to understand your point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next