North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

02 Top 20 Rankings - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

02 Top 20 Rankings

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

02 Top 20 Rankings - Page 4 Empty Re: 02 Top 20 Rankings

Post by Guest 05/03/11, 11:31 pm

redcard99 wrote:02soccerdad nobody is wanting to move my team up the ranking. You are clearly not smart enough to get my point. Here it is one more time for you and everyone else who just can't get something so simple. You can play where you want. You can bounce back and forth. You can find what team and coach fit you. it is ACADEMY that is GREAT. It is alot of money and time when you lock under contract. You need to be sure what is best for your DD and family. What you can't do is rank the teams that pass, and share players. You can't get an real feel for the team. It is not fair to the girls who are on one team. Come on 02soccerdad you must be a Stav/FCD parent. If you only knew how pathetic you look. Trust me if you dont get it now you never will. See you on the pitch.

Then explain how this is not fair to teams who do not use guest players.

How is this an advantage using guest players? If so what type of advantge and who gets the advantage the coach, the players?

Teams who use the same players day in and day out would seem to have the advantage.

Im really trying to understand your point.

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 05/03/11, 11:57 pm

1v1 phenom wrote:
redcard99 wrote:02soccerdad nobody is wanting to move my team up the ranking. You are clearly not smart enough to get my point. Here it is one more time for you and everyone else who just can't get something so simple. You can play where you want. You can bounce back and forth. You can find what team and coach fit you. it is ACADEMY that is GREAT. It is alot of money and time when you lock under contract. You need to be sure what is best for your DD and family. What you can't do is rank the teams that pass, and share players. You can't get an real feel for the team. It is not fair to the girls who are on one team. Come on 02soccerdad you must be a Stav/FCD parent. If you only knew how pathetic you look. Trust me if you dont get it now you never will. See you on the pitch.

Then explain how this is not fair to teams who do not use guest players.

How is this an advantage using guest players? If so what type of advantge and who gets the advantage the coach, the players?

Teams who use the same players day in and day out would seem to have the advantage.

Im really trying to understand your point.

This is Academy, it is legal to play for more than one team. In the rankings it should go to who the top team is and don't worry about who's has players that play on different teams.
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerinsane 06/03/11, 08:31 am

Ha! I think what you are meaning is "It is not fair to the parents of the girls who focus on their dd's team's "ranking" on this forum and whose dd's are NOT trying out different academy teams during the last few seasons that it is possible to do so." Pretty sure the girls don't care one bit about the 02 top twenty rankings right now. Unless their parents bring it constantly to their attention.
soccerinsane
soccerinsane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/03/11, 10:04 pm

WEML wrote:
mcik17 wrote:
WEML wrote:
soccerskills wrote:
WEML wrote:
redcard99 wrote:soccerskills with all due respect you are out of touch or you are not in the game. Stav and FCD go back and forth with a few players. So in order to be fair to the girls and teams that dont I cant rank them. Who knows where they will end up by contract time. For now in league play those sharing cant be ranked. Its the right thing to do. Use words like guest or sharing(whatever) same girls on a couple of teams.

Soccerskills, if the guest players were all practicing before showing up for a game, then you would have a point. Practice before game play seems like the logical and proper order if a player is wanting "test drive another team". When a parent is introducing their child to the coach minutes before a game starts, the take away can only be that a practice has never been attended and alterior motives are being sought.....winning against certain teams in effort to draw talent the year before going select. And so be it if that's the case. But, agreed, whether it's fun or serious ranking, it's skewed by what seems to be a consistent occurrence weeks into this season.

WEML that is true, I don't disagree at all. Just playing a little devils advocate to keep the dialogue going. Not trying to prove your point moot, just adding another scenario. What if both teams practice on the same night? The parent continues to show the full committment to the original team by attending all practices and games. Then the only way to get in some "test driving" is by playing in the games, if they don't conflict with the original team.

What would be proper etiquette in this case?

I guess in your scenario, I see the commitment to the original team has been questioned to some extent. So why not miss one practice and then play a game? Keep in mind, we have been loyal and steadfast to our team....win or lose so my opinion is from that standpoint. I see negative comments coming my way, and go for it, but grinding it out and having faith in the club and coach has been the right path for our DD. Our house has also rooted for the Spurs as far back as we can remember. Win or lose.....4 championships later.....maybe 5 in the near future?

What's the Spurs record against the Mavs this year.....just saying!

Since you asked, it's 2-1 Spurs with one game left.

UPDATE! UPDATE!!! Spurs 3-1! HOLLA!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by anonmom15 19/03/11, 12:58 pm

[quote="Messi Dude"]
ballin0TOO wrote:
tmcc wrote:
redcard99 wrote:Sorry 1v1 I guess the dead horse Im beating is you and your DD. lol

1.Rowdies
2.Webb
3.Glotz
4.Stav
5.DT South
6.Dynamos
7.Fever
8.Feet
9.Rangel
10.Barnes

By the way heard top Fever player went to Rowdies. Can anyone confirm? Everyone said dont say implode, but that Fever thing looks pretty bad right now. All the Texan girls that were with Penn in the move are gone.OUCH!!!

This is innaccurate. There is still one and hopefully she stays. Sorry to disappoint, heard she was at Glotz practice last night. Also heard she was checking out the Dark Side. She will not be on Fever soon. Oh, and by the way! Fevers best overall player is now on Glotz. Runner up, Rowdies... Rowdies girl very physical, very strong. Great athlete. Unfortunately this isn't MMA, this is soccer THE BEAUTIFUL GAME. The older they get they will need to count on their first touch, skill, and PASSING. Brute force will get you no where in this game the older they get. Juss my two cents!!!

Fever BEST OVERALL PLAYER on Glotz??? Who might that be? THAT IS AN INACCURACY; DM has that kid, the DD you're referring to clearly is the runner-up, were she the BEST OVERALL PLAYER, THE DARK LORD WOULD HAVE FOUND HER. When it comes to PLAYING THE BEAUTIFUL GAME this isn't even my DD (BUT I WILL ADOPT HER!!) during my observations, although she is athletic & strong she has incredible field vision and her passing skills are impeccable, she's patient, unselfish and smart in the middle, she looks to assist her teammates before she pulls the trigger. I've seen this kid play against us at Sweeper, Midfield and Forward in the past and she is an all around soccer player offensively and defensively.

I have to respectively disagree with your observations. I saw her in a game give a cheap shot because she was getting outrun and then give up trying to defend near the goal because she was getting beat. Just happened to be there observing the new mix on the team. Might have been stellar on the other team but Rowdies have a whole different level of play. Nothing to extol. Sorry to disappoint.

anonmom15
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard99 19/03/11, 05:03 pm

Rowdies have a whole diffrent level of play??????? Really!
I watched them play two weeks ago against a weak Glotz 01 team. They were down 2-0 at half. If not for a cheap late goal that hit the post and bounced in YOU LOSE. The top 02 teams have closed the gap. There are four or five 02 teams that can give you a real game and maybe slay the immortal Rowdie Dragon. By the way the best player for the Rowdies that game I saw was the new girl from Fever, not the Rowdie girls who have been there. That was Fever girls first game with them too. Wish you guys were playing your age this season, it would be fun to watch all your parents faces and reactions. O no this can't be. LHGCL not far away, that will tell the tale.

redcard99
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by anonmom15 19/03/11, 07:39 pm

redcard99 wrote:Rowdies have a whole diffrent level of play??????? Really!
I watched them play two weeks ago against a weak Glotz 01 team. They were down 2-0 at half. If not for a cheap late goal that hit the post and bounced in YOU LOSE. The top 02 teams have closed the gap. There are four or five 02 teams that can give you a real game and maybe slay the immortal Rowdie Dragon. By the way the best player for the Rowdies that game I saw was the new girl from Fever, not the Rowdie girls who have been there. That was Fever girls first game with them too. Wish you guys were playing your age this season, it would be fun to watch all your parents faces and reactions. O no this can't be. LHGCL not far away, that will tell the tale.

i am sure there are some good 02 teams it was not a slam to other top playing teams just was comparing to rowdies vs Fever/Penn and some other lower ranked teams I have seen. put her on kwebb and she would still be an average player. not sure why all the hype. my point was: i did not see anything that stood out.

anonmom15
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsme 19/03/11, 07:51 pm

[quote="anonmom15"]
Messi Dude wrote:
ballin0TOO wrote:
tmcc wrote:
redcard99 wrote:Sorry 1v1 I guess the dead horse Im beating is you and your DD. lol

1.Rowdies
2.Webb
3.Glotz
4.Stav
5.DT South
6.Dynamos
7.Fever
8.Feet
9.Rangel
10.Barnes

By the way heard top Fever player went to Rowdies. Can anyone confirm? Everyone said dont say implode, but that Fever thing looks pretty bad right now. All the Texan girls that were with Penn in the move are gone.OUCH!!!

This is innaccurate. There is still one and hopefully she stays. Sorry to disappoint, heard she was at Glotz practice last night. Also heard she was checking out the Dark Side. She will not be on Fever soon. Oh, and by the way! Fevers best overall player is now on Glotz. Runner up, Rowdies... Rowdies girl very physical, very strong. Great athlete. Unfortunately this isn't MMA, this is soccer THE BEAUTIFUL GAME. The older they get they will need to count on their first touch, skill, and PASSING. Brute force will get you no where in this game the older they get. Juss my two cents!!!

Fever BEST OVERALL PLAYER on Glotz??? Who might that be? THAT IS AN INACCURACY; DM has that kid, the DD you're referring to clearly is the runner-up, were she the BEST OVERALL PLAYER, THE DARK LORD WOULD HAVE FOUND HER. When it comes to PLAYING THE BEAUTIFUL GAME this isn't even my DD (BUT I WILL ADOPT HER!!) during my observations, although she is athletic & strong she has incredible field vision and her passing skills are impeccable, she's patient, unselfish and smart in the middle, she looks to assist her teammates before she pulls the trigger. I've seen this kid play against us at Sweeper, Midfield and Forward in the past and she is an all around soccer player offensively and defensively.

I have to respectively disagree with your observations. I saw her in a game give a cheap shot because she was getting outrun and then give up trying to defend near the goal because she was getting beat. Just happened to be there observing the new mix on the team. Might have been stellar on the other team but Rowdies have a whole different level of play. Nothing to extol. Sorry to disappoint.

Especially when three very good 01s play with them.

Itsme
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard99 19/03/11, 10:27 pm

Don't run and hide now anonmom15. You were talking about more than just a player or players. You said Rowdies are a whole diffrent level. Please by all means stand behind what you said. You don't watch near enough soccer, I do. You guys are caught, and will be passed. #1 for now maybe. Not for long. Other teams have better coaches. It's not so much about being #1 anyway as it is your DD progress. That's why when you say a whole diffrent level it shows me how little you know or follow. Stuck in the Rowdie black hole.

redcard99
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by anonmom15 19/03/11, 11:18 pm

redcard99 wrote:Don't run and hide now anonmom15. You were talking about more than just a player or players. You said Rowdies are a whole diffrent level. Please by all means stand behind what you said. You don't watch near enough soccer, I do. You guys are caught, and will be passed. #1 for now maybe. Not for long. Other teams have better coaches. It's not so much about being #1 anyway as it is your DD progress. That's why when you say a whole diffrent level it shows me how little you know or follow. Stuck in the Rowdie black hole.

I am not caught nor am I hiding. I am not part of them. i think kwebb has a much better team but both teams right now play better than most. i think rowdies can and will be beat in the near future, especially as all these girls get older the level of play will increase. Right now there are only a handful of girls with the extraordinary skills so often exposed on here, rowdies happen to have one of the few and so does webb. But the top eschalon teams do play differently or they would not be ranked as such, so when you bring on a "rock star" from a lower tier their level initially will be average at best. Just stating again that the virtues extoled on a player did not match up to actual level of play. Good grief.

anonmom15
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronaldhinofan 20/03/11, 01:12 am

Finally.... someone is able to see past all the hoopla surrounding parents proclaiming their DD's team to be National Champions at the age of 8. I completely agree with anonmom15 that this level of play right now is not indicative of any of these '02 team's true potential in the future if the players decide to stay together. A team that has "extraordinary players" at this age will not be so extraordinary when all of these so called "average" players begin to mature in age. At that point, I sure hope you are comfortable enough with your DD's coach to hope that he/she is experienced enough to know how to succesfully coach when the level of play is even among most teams. I sure hate it for the coaches depending upon certain "8 year old superstars" to win games instead of depending upon all the players on the team to win games. PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Some coaches in this '02 youth level will be fully exposed as frauds at the select level. Don't say I didn't warn you. afro

Ronaldhinofan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballzag 24/03/11, 01:58 am

DoubleDD wrote:
noimarealdoubleD wrote:
Messi Dude wrote:
tmcc wrote:Ok? Big Red Machine...Solar...Texans....Death Star? Who is who?

....Big Red=Texans, Death Star...You don't know????=DM

Lawnboy wants to know... Who is DM? silent

DM is my ultimate quest in life to tea bag....and I wouldn't wear underwear either.

affraid cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers I love you
Ballzag
Ballzag
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4