North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Post'em PT. Gold Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

Post'em PT. Gold

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Post'em PT. Gold Empty Post'em PT. Gold

Post by Guess Who 11/02/12, 10:32 am

Cold morning games. Lets get some scores in. FCD vs. LiverPool
Sting vs. Polaris
Guess Who
Guess Who
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post'em PT. Gold Empty Re: Post'em PT. Gold

Post by BackDraft 11/02/12, 11:08 am

Guess Who wrote:Cold morning games. Lets get some scores in. FCD vs. LiverPool
Sting vs. Polaris

What ever the scores were. Who cares it was all about getting back home or back in the car. Too cold for kids of this age to play. Child endangerment if you ask me!
BackDraft
BackDraft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guess Who 11/02/12, 11:13 am

BackDraft wrote:
Sting vs. Polaris

What ever the scores were. Who cares it was all about getting back home or back in the car. Too cold for kids of this age to play. Child endangerment if you ask me!

Sounds like your team lost!
Guess Who
Guess Who
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 11/02/12, 11:24 am

BackDraft wrote:
Sting vs. Polaris

If you really feel like it is child endangerment then you are an irresponsible parent for bringing your child in the first place.  
In a few hours there will be a whole stadium in Frisco full of adults and children that volunteered to just sit in the freezing cold to watch a game. Some of whom I bet are complaining its too cold to play.
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/02/12, 11:29 am

Sting vs. Polaris

Heard FCD beat Liverpool 4-1 and Sting beat Polaris 4-0 or 5-0.

I am not shocked by Polaris losing to Sting, however I am shocked by how bad they got beat. I was expecting a tighter game.

Hardtruth

Back to top Go down

Post by 02SuburbanSoccerDad 11/02/12, 11:43 am

FCD Grubb 4 Liverpool Rangel 1 is correct...Liverpool actually played pretty well-held some possession and defended pretty well and even found the net once. Problem is they had no answer for FCD's forward who had all 4 goals--including 2 that Hope Solo might have had problems with. FCD is really, really good. No weaknesses at all.

02SuburbanSoccerDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerA 11/02/12, 11:47 am

02SuburbanSoccerDad wrote:FCD Grubb 4 Liverpool Rangel 1 is correct...Liverpool actually played pretty well-held some possession and defended pretty well and even found the net once. Problem is they had no answer for FCD's forward who had all 4 goals--including 2 that Hope Solo might have had problems with. FCD is really, really good. No weaknesses at all.

It's Liverpool Rangel

soccerA
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scoregazam 11/02/12, 12:20 pm

Any news on the Sting and Polaris game. I really like watching both teams.......
scoregazam
scoregazam
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BackDraft 11/02/12, 12:27 pm

justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
Sting vs. Polaris

If you really feel like it is child endangerment then you are an irresponsible parent for bringing your child in the first place.  
In a few hours there will be a whole stadium in Frisco full of adults and children that volunteered to just sit in the freezing cold to watch a game. Some of whom I bet are complaining its too cold to play.
I really do feel like it was a case of child endangerment. FYI I was snug in bed and so were my children when the teams played! I like how youth soccer has a hold so tight on your irresponsible parenting skills. That you took your kid to a game that does not mean anything as far as the big picture. If you think that your kid lost or gained anything from the game you are sadly mistaken. Because you feel it is ok to be in that type of cold weather. Your an adult it effects you differently. Older and younger are the ones that can have many problems by subjecting them to extremes like this morning. Get a clue you imbecile.
BackDraft
BackDraft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guess Who 11/02/12, 12:37 pm

BackDraft wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
Sting vs. Polaris

I really do feel like it was a case of child endangerment. FYI I was snug in bed and so were my children when the teams played! I like how youth soccer has a hold so tight on your irresponsible parenting skills. That you took your kid to a game that does not mean anything as far as the big picture. If you think that your kid lost or gained anything from the game you are sadly mistaken. Because you feel it is ok to be in that type of cold weather. Your an adult it effects you differently. Older and younger are the ones that can have many problems by subjecting them to extremes like this morning. Get a clue you imbecile.

Ok grandpa go back to bed sound like you need your afternoon nap. Your child is no type of danger playing in cold weather. I would take that then playing in 110 deg. And getting dehydrate.
Guess Who
Guess Who
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RAYADOS04 11/02/12, 01:02 pm

Guess Who wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
Sting vs. Polaris

Ok grandpa go back to bed sound like you need your afternoon nap. Your child is no type of danger playing in cold weather. I would take that then playing in 110 deg. And getting dehydrate.

You sound like an over the top parent. I'd hate to have you on the parent sideline. It's about the age group you idiot! Older kids might be able to handle a wind chill of 18°F, but a 10 year old? You're not the one on the field trying to stay warm while bumping bodies, kicking a stiff ball, and running risk of a ball to cold face. These type of games are meaningless at this age.

TGPL had business on their minds, and no regard for the kids health and safety.

Get a grip dude! I feel for your DD.

RAYADOS04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scoregazam 11/02/12, 01:05 pm

I will say that I agree with Backdraft with it being extermely uncomfortable in weather such as this morning....... but in defense to "justsaying02" I have played club soccer in NTX from 1983 till I was 18. It is always cold. Not just the temp, its the wind!!!!!!!! Sure your cold and notice it, but most of the players dont. They are to involved in the game mentally and physically to notice how cold it is. They only time my daughter has complained about being cold was when she was at halftime.

I will add that when I was in Minnesota in July for my son's tournamet,I was talking to one of the tournament directors and I was told that if the temp gets below freezing they suspend games.

Best advice I can give ya is get there early and get a parking spot so you can see the field, thats what my wife does, cause I havent seen to many kids that think that it is to cold to play
scoregazam
scoregazam
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by scoregazam 11/02/12, 01:09 pm

RAYADOS04 wrote:
Guess Who wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
Sting vs. Polaris

You sound like an over the top parent. I'd hate to have you on the parent sideline. It's about the age group you idiot! Older kids might be able to handle a wind chill of 18°F, but a 10 year old? You're not the one on the field trying to stay warm while bumping bodies, kicking a stiff ball, and running risk of a ball to cold face. These type of games are meaningless at this age.

Get a grip dude! I feel for your DD.

who was complaining the most? you or your kid? willing to bet your kid didnt notice near as much as you think while they were playing. you were prolly miserable, but the player was fine
scoregazam
scoregazam
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guess Who 11/02/12, 01:10 pm

[quote="RAYADOS04"]
Guess Who wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
Sting vs. Polaris

Get a grip dude! I feel for your DD.[/quote

kids have to play in any kind of element, being rain, cold, heat. Dont set their for a second and say you never did when you were a kid. Its one day, next week will be warmer so maybe you won't come back on and cry.
Guess Who
Guess Who
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BackDraft 11/02/12, 01:36 pm

Listen I get it! Mental toughness is one thing. I agree. Rub some dirt on it. Don't be a cry baby. Get moving. It will warm you up. Don't be a wimp. I am sure we have many more quotes for mental toughness. I get it!

I am one of the first to say to my kid get your butt out there and get it done.

Kids may think they are ok and appear to be ok. Just trust me they are laboring to play the game at the temps of this morning.

It has been tried and tested many times since the beginning of humans. That extreme temperatures are no joke. The temps at 32 and below may not be deadly all the time, but they are most of time. Please consider the wind chill!

I am a reasonable man. That is just looking out for the general welfare adults and children. Nothing more. I have seen countless numbers of frostbite and hypothermia injuries.

Both coaches could have agreed to play the games at a more suitable time. If league tried to stop that from happening. Well we all know what that means!

BackDraft
BackDraft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scoregazam 11/02/12, 01:42 pm

BackDraft wrote:Listen I get it! Mental toughness is one thing. I agree. Rub some dirt on it. Don't be a cry baby. Get moving. It will warm you up. Don't be a wimp. I am sure we have many more quotes for mental toughness. I get it!

Kids may think they are ok and appear to be ok. Just trust me they are laboring to play the game at the temps of this morning.

It has been tried and tested many times since the beginning of humans. That extreme temperatures are no joke. The temps at 32 and below may not be deadly all the time, but they are most of time. Please consider the wind chill!

I am a reasonable man. That is just looking out for the general welfare adults and children. Nothing more. I have seen countless numbers of frostbite and hypothermia injuries.

Both coaches could have agreed to play the games at a more suitable time. If league tried to stop that from happening. Well we all know what that means!

Alright we get it!!!!!!!!!!! any news on any scores? Or are yall to cold to post?
scoregazam
scoregazam
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BackDraft 11/02/12, 01:46 pm

scoregazam wrote:
BackDraft wrote:Listen I get it! Mental toughness is one thing. I agree. Rub some dirt on it. Don't be a cry baby. Get moving. It will warm you up. Don't be a wimp. I am sure we have many more quotes for mental toughness. I get it!

Alright we get it!!!!!!!!!!! any news on any scores? Or are yall to cold to post?
What do you need the scores for?
BackDraft
BackDraft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scoregazam 11/02/12, 01:58 pm

BackDraft wrote:
scoregazam wrote:

Stuck on shift away from the games, interested in who won. Hoping yall let me know. Way to cold to be outside! lol!
scoregazam
scoregazam
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OOrah 11/02/12, 02:30 pm

Gotta risk life and limb for the sport! What's wrong with you wimps? What's a little frostbite at 10? So you lose a toe - big deal - toughens em up. She will learn to dance good enough for prom with that maimed foot by the time she's 17. That's why I feed my kids broken glass shards for breakfast. Be tough even if you cause your health some damage.

Playing soccer at wind chills below 20 is flat stupid, just like ozonewarning 104 degree at midday soccer is too. But parents that then let their kids show up with bare arms and legs for soccer at wind chills below 20 is ultrastupid. If my kid misses these few touches, her soccer carrer will be over! Yeah right.
OOrah
OOrah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BackDraft 11/02/12, 03:54 pm

scoregazam wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
scoregazam wrote:

Stuck on shift away from the games, interested in who won. Hoping yall let me know. Way to cold to be outside! lol!
You don't deserve to know, if you were not there! No one cares about your shift duties! I mean good grief it's a u-10 soccer game. Which is the most important thing in the world. You should have been there in person wimp! Really!!! What is more important your shift or the games?
BackDraft
BackDraft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 11/02/12, 04:30 pm

SRSA 1
Waco 0

Just heard from a friend. Don't know anyything about the game.

Fever Red 3
Feet 0
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : Sometimes, when you mess with the bull, you get the horns!

Back to top Go down

Post by scoregazam 11/02/12, 06:15 pm

BackDraft wrote:
scoregazam wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
scoregazam wrote:

You don't deserve to know, if you were not there! No one cares about your shift duties! I mean good grief it's a u-10 soccer game. Which is the most important thing in the world. You should have been there in person wimp! Really!!! What is more important your shift or the games?

I know, I totally agree with you! But my damn wife spends to much money.....I should have never taught her English. Mail order brides are not what they are made out to be.
scoregazam
scoregazam
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesWideOpen 11/02/12, 07:25 pm

scoregazam wrote:Any news on the Sting and Polaris game. I really like watching both teams.......

Good game by Sting. They came ready to play. My first time seeing this team. Great ball movement.

Trying to figure out of it was colder this morning or at the USWNT game!
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guess Who 11/02/12, 08:09 pm

[quote="BackDraft"]
scoregazam wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
scoregazam wrote:

You don't deserve to know, if you were not there! No one cares about your shift duties! I mean good grief it's a u-10 soccer game. Which is the most important thing in the world. You should have been there in person wimp! Really!!! What is more important your shift or the games?[/quot

Back draft any info on the game. Oh my fault you were at home it was too cold again for you.
Guess Who
Guess Who
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 11/02/12, 09:58 pm

BackDraft wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
Sting vs. Polaris

In a few hours there will be a whole stadium in Frisco full ofS adults and children that volunteered to just sit in the freezing cold to watch a game. Some of whom I bet are complaining its too cold to play.

Nice name calling, why when someone hits a nerve intelligent people resort to silly things like name calling. My daughter did not have a game and all I said was if you ( as in any parent) feels it is child endangerment then it is up to them to protect their kids!  
Growing up in Wisconsin, the only weather besides lightening overhead that we cancelled any outdoor games was for Tornado warnings.( not watches). Even currently, if you check out some of the soccer leagues in Wisconsin, they are starting season when we do and if you read their sites most leagues do not cancel games due to weather. ( if they did they would never play) We played in for fun and for sport in weather well below zero and it takes hours for frostbite to even begin in below zero weather.  I use to walk to school at 50 below ( wind chill)   I've gotten soft thru the years living down here and I too thought the 35 degree weather was crazy cold today and would have hated seeing my daughter play in it but I would not put on the shoulders of an organization the label that "they" are endangering children because they are not endangering children any more than McDonalds is burning people on purpose with hot coffee.
Notice I don't end my comment with calling you a name even though I am sure most would agree it would be well deserved.

justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next