North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Post'em PT. Gold - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

Post'em PT. Gold

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Post'em PT. Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Post'em PT. Gold

Post by justsayin02 11/02/12, 09:58 pm

BackDraft wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
Guess Who wrote:Cold morning games. Lets get some scores in. FCD vs. LiverPool
Sting vs. Polaris

What ever the scores were. Who cares it was all about getting back home or back in the car. Too cold for kids of this age to play. Child endangerment if you ask me!

If you really feel like it is child endangerment then you are an irresponsible parent for bringing your child in the first place.  
In a few hours there will be a whole stadium in Frisco full ofS adults and children that volunteered to just sit in the freezing cold to watch a game. Some of whom I bet are complaining its too cold to play.
I really do feel like it was a case of child endangerment. FYI I was snug in bed and so were my children when the teams played! I like how youth soccer has a hold so tight on your irresponsible parenting skills. That you took your kid to a game that does not mean anything as far as the big picture. If you think that your kid lost or gained anything from the game you are sadly mistaken. Because you feel it is ok to be in that type of cold weather. Your an adult it effects you differently. Older and younger are the ones that can have many problems by subjecting them to extremes like this morning. Get a clue you imbecile.

Nice name calling, why when someone hits a nerve intelligent people resort to silly things like name calling. My daughter did not have a game and all I said was if you ( as in any parent) feels it is child endangerment then it is up to them to protect their kids!  
Growing up in Wisconsin, the only weather besides lightening overhead that we cancelled any outdoor games was for Tornado warnings.( not watches). Even currently, if you check out some of the soccer leagues in Wisconsin, they are starting season when we do and if you read their sites most leagues do not cancel games due to weather. ( if they did they would never play) We played in for fun and for sport in weather well below zero and it takes hours for frostbite to even begin in below zero weather.  I use to walk to school at 50 below ( wind chill)   I've gotten soft thru the years living down here and I too thought the 35 degree weather was crazy cold today and would have hated seeing my daughter play in it but I would not put on the shoulders of an organization the label that "they" are endangering children because they are not endangering children any more than McDonalds is burning people on purpose with hot coffee.
Notice I don't end my comment with calling you a name even though I am sure most would agree it would be well deserved.

justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BackDraft 11/02/12, 10:51 pm

justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
Sting vs. Polaris

What ever the scores were. Who cares it was all about getting back home or back in the car. Too cold for kids of this age to play. Child endangerment if you ask me!

If you really feel like it is child endangerment then you are an irresponsible parent for bringing your child in the first place.  
In a few hours there will be a whole stadium in Frisco full ofS adults and children that volunteered to just sit in the freezing cold to watch a game. Some of whom I bet are complaining its too cold to play.
I really do feel like it was a case of child endangerment. FYI I was snug in bed and so were my children when the teams played! I like how youth soccer has a hold so tight on your irresponsible parenting skills. That you took your kid to a game that does not mean anything as far as the big picture. If you think that your kid lost or gained anything from the game you are sadly mistaken. Because you feel it is ok to be in that type of cold weather. Your an adult it effects you differently. Older and younger are the ones that can have many problems by subjecting them to extremes like this morning. Get a clue you imbecile.

Nice name calling, why when someone hits a nerve intelligent people resort to silly things like name calling. My daughter did not have a game and all I said was if you ( as in any parent) feels it is child endangerment then it is up to them to protect their kids!  
Growing up in Wisconsin, the only weather besides lightening overhead that we cancelled any outdoor games was for Tornado warnings.( not watches). Even currently, if you check out some of the soccer leagues in Wisconsin, they are starting season when we do and if you read their sites most leagues do not cancel games due to weather. ( if they did they would never play) We played in for fun and for sport in weather well below zero and it takes hours for frostbite to even begin in below zero weather.  I use to walk to school at 50 below ( wind chill)   I've gotten soft thru the years living down here and I too thought the 35 degree weather was crazy cold today and would have hated seeing my daughter play in it but I would not put on the shoulders of an organization the label that "they" are endangering children because they are not endangering children any more than McDonalds is burning people on purpose with hot coffee.
Notice I don't end my comment with calling you a name even though I am sure most would agree it would be well deserved.

You should be crystal clear who "you" are talking too or about. Like I did with you Justsayin02. One would assume you were talking to BackDraft directly.

When you run down the street and bump into people. It is safe to assume someone will bump you back. Pretty simple concept. BTW, are you "Justsayin02" in charge of weather policy at the league in question?

Please look at the numbers below! It pretty much tells me living, working, and playing in cold weather is not a favorable thing to do. The people that are still there are probably suffering from Mild to Moderate Hypothermia and don't realize how to get out of the cold weather.

Wisconsin population 5,654,774 - Jul 2009
Source: U.S. Census Bureau

Texas population 24,782,302 - Jul 2009

Mild

Symptoms of mild hypothermia may be vague[13] with sympathetic nervous system excitation (shivering, hypertension, tachycardia, tachypnea, and vasoconstriction). These are all physiological responses to preserve heat.[14] Cold diuresis, mental confusion, as well as hepatic dysfunction may also be present.[15] Hyperglycemia may be present, as glucose consumption by cells and insulin secretion both decrease, and tissue sensitivity to insulin may be blunted.[16] Sympathetic activation also releases glucose from the liver. In many cases, however, especially in alcoholic patients, hypoglycemia appears to be a more common presentation.[16] Hypoglycemia is also found in many hypothermic patients because hypothermia often is a result of hypoglycemia.[17]

[edit] Moderate

Low body temperature results in shivering becoming more violent. Muscle mis-coordination becomes apparent.[18][19][20] Movements are slow and labored, accompanied by a stumbling pace and mild confusion, although the victim may appear alert. Surface blood vessels contract further as the body focuses its remaining resources on keeping the vital organs warm. The victim becomes pale. Lips, ears, fingers and toes may become blue.

BackDraft
BackDraft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 11/02/12, 11:52 pm

BackDraft wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
Sting vs. Polaris

You should be crystal clear who "you" are talking too or about. Like I did with you Justsayin02. One would assume you were talking to BackDraft directly.

When you run down the street and bump into people. It is safe to assume someone will bump you back. Pretty simple concept. BTW, are you "Justsayin02" in charge of weather policy at the league in question?

Please look at the numbers below! It pretty much tells me living, working, and playing in cold weather is not a favorable thing to do. The people that are still there are probably suffering from Mild to Moderate Hypothermia and don't realize how to get out of the cold weather.

Mild

Symptoms of mild hypothermia may be vague[13] with sympathetic nervous system excitation (shivering, hypertension, tachycardia, tachypnea, and vasoconstriction). These are all physiological responses to preserve heat.[14] Cold diuresis, mental confusion, as well as hepatic dysfunction may also be present.[15] Hyperglycemia may be present, as glucose consumption by cells and insulin secretion both decrease, and tissue sensitivity to insulin may be blunted.[16] Sympathetic activation also releases glucose from the liver. In many cases, however, especially in alcoholic patients, hypoglycemia appears to be a more common presentation.[16] Hypoglycemia is also found in many hypothermic patients because hypothermia often is a result of hypoglycemia.[17]

[edit] Moderate

Low body temperature results in shivering becoming more violent. Muscle mis-coordination becomes apparent.[18][19][20] Movements are slow and labored, accompanied by a stumbling pace and mild confusion, although the victim may appear alert. Surface blood vessels contract further as the body focuses its remaining resources on keeping the vital organs warm. The victim becomes pale. Lips, ears, fingers and toes may become blue.

Are you serious BACKDRAFT, yes I was talking to YOU! But since you didn't bring your child to a game then it didn't apply to you as being irresponsible.  However, I knew you were not the only one that would throw out blame towards an organization, rather than just say "it is up to us to protect our kids"  there is no danger to playing in most cold weather for short periods of time.  
For you to insinuate that because there are less people in Wisconsin than Texas that is utterly ridiculous! I am sure it is just because I am from that very well known state of having a poor education system,  Ehm! hint! thatI don't understand your point. The state of Texas has almost double the land mass of Wisconsin could that be the reason for a higher population?? To be honest, I am not wanting to be a cheerleader for Wisconsin.  I love Texas, that's why I live here.  I was just saying, and this is the last and final time I am saying it; It takes a long time to get frostbite or damage in cold weather (unless you are sick already) and you won't see it in these temps.  The definitions of mild and moderate hypothermia is not in question so not sure of your point.
I don't know your background but you do know mine, I grew up making snow angels in the snow, snow forts, snow balls, ice skating outside in freezing cold weather, ice fishing and sledding at recess, and yet I am still smart enough to know you have no clue! Imagine that!  

justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 12/02/12, 12:06 am

justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
Sting vs. Polaris

Mild

[edit] Moderate

Are you serious BACKDRAFT, yes I was talking to YOU! But since you didn't bring your child to a game then it didn't apply to you as being irresponsible.  However, I knew you were not the only one that would throw out blame towards an organization, rather than just say "it is up to us to protect our kids"  there is no danger to playing in most cold weather for short periods of time.  
For you to insinuate that because there are less people in Wisconsin than Texas that is utterly ridiculous! I am sure it is just because I am from that very well known state of having a poor education system,  Ehm! hint! thatI don't understand your point. The state of Texas has almost double the land mass of Wisconsin could that be the reason for a higher population?? To be honest, I am not wanting to be a cheerleader for Wisconsin.  I love Texas, that's why I live here.  I was just saying, and this is the last and final time I am saying it; It takes a long time to get frostbite or damage in cold weather (unless you are sick already) and you won't see it in these temps.  The definitions of mild and moderate hypothermia is not in question so not sure of your point.
I don't know your background but you do know mine, I grew up making snow angels in the snow, snow forts, snow balls, ice skating outside in freezing cold weather, ice fishing and sledding at recess, and yet I am still smart enough to know you have no clue! Imagine that!  

Guilty as charged:

Me and about 10,000 other parents just endangered our children for about three hours at Pizza Hut Park today - good thing my DD was able to get her souvenir T-shirt before the Frisco Police threw me in the paddy wagon.

Whose in favor of disbanding the US Women's soccer program for inciting criminal behavior on such a scale?

oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BackDraft 12/02/12, 12:13 am

justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
Sting vs. Polaris

Mild

[edit] Moderate

LOL. My first post did not blame anyone "Professor". Read my first post in this thread 100 times and maybe you will get it.

See folks people have problems comprehending after being exposed to extreme cold weather as a youth. I am thinking it lingers for many years after.

Justsayin02 have you ever thought about moving back to Wisconsin?

You win justsayin02! Don't worry about answering the question.
BackDraft
BackDraft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BackDraft 12/02/12, 12:21 am

oldboot wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
Sting vs. Polaris

Mild

[edit] Moderate

Guilty as charged:

Me and about 10,000 other parents just endangered our children for about three hours at Pizza Hut Park today - good thing my DD was able to get her souvenir T-shirt before the Frisco Police threw me in the paddy wagon.

Whose in favor of disbanding the US Women's soccer program for inciting criminal behavior on such a scale?

Since none of the girls from Texas can get a roster spot on the team. I would say disbanding is in order. No doubt North Texas can field a team that could have beat Japan.
BackDraft
BackDraft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 12/02/12, 12:27 am

BackDraft wrote:
oldboot wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
Sting vs. Polaris

Mild

[edit] Moderate

Guilty as charged:

Since none of the girls from Texas can get a roster spot on the team. I would say disbanding is in order. No doubt North Texas can field a team that could have beat Japan.

After Texas secedes (as suggested by the governor) we can field our own national team.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 12/02/12, 01:00 am

Somebody please delete this thread. I keep thinking someone actually posted a score or maybe a game recap...... and I am disappointed every time.
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : Sometimes, when you mess with the bull, you get the horns!

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 12/02/12, 07:05 am

tmcc wrote:Somebody please delete this thread. I keep thinking someone actually posted a score or maybe a game recap...... and I am disappointed every time.

USA 2

New Zealand 1

It was really cold, but thanks to Alex Morgan's dramatic goals in the 88th and 92 minutes, we all left warm with national pride.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Referee 14/02/12, 08:14 am

farao So much hate. Why can't we all just start a nice thread and keep it clean for once? Exchange phone numbers and take care of your dirty laundry in private. This is a public forum people.

Referee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by deepthoughts 14/02/12, 09:12 am

Referee wrote: farao So much hate. Why can't we all just start a nice thread and keep it clean for once? Exchange phone numbers and take care of your dirty laundry in private. This is a public forum people.

Clearly, many people do things and say things behind the mask of an avatar and a anonymous handle that they would never say face to face. It proves that the dark side of the force lurks in many people's minds, just waiting for an opportunity. The secret identities offered by these forums bring out the worst in quite a few people. That is why every thread takes a strange and dark turn.

I was amazed and disheartened at how the forums piranha tore up a mom that posted a sincere couple of paragraphs about her Defeeters team. Her mistake was to use two words -- faith-based -- and masked people attacked with a vengeance. Why tear into a person for that, or for any reason? We live in a country that celebrates free speech. A heck of a lot of soldiers have died fighting to preserve that right. Why do many turn that precious right to express an opinion into direct and personal attacks instead? The only answer is because like it or not, a lot of people have the dark side simmering under a faked smile. It is hard to say people have really evolved much when all it takes is a secret ID to instantly turn some of them into piranha.

Post'em PT. Gold - Page 2 Piranha-3D
deepthoughts
deepthoughts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Referee 14/02/12, 04:03 pm

Can you imagine if one of these people's kids read this? I'd be embarrassed and not be proud of my old folks. Let the kids play and stop trying to live your soccer dream through them. P E A C E.

Referee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2