North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

TFC teams moving to Andromeda - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

TFC teams moving to Andromeda

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TFC teams moving to Andromeda - Page 2 Empty Re: TFC teams moving to Andromeda

Post by pitchful2 30/06/12, 09:23 pm

EGO???

pitchful2
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by EPL Fan 30/06/12, 09:49 pm

backpost wrote:
soccerking wrote:The TFC coaches that screwed the parents and players by going to Andscrewmeda at the last minute will fit right in with that bunch. lol!

i love all you guys/gals who are bashing AW when you don't even know the facts of what happened, but that's become typical on this forum. take it from someone who is very close to this action, and has been around AW for several years, that this is no big deal for our team (players and parents). i'll give you a few facts, and some opinions, just so the more intelligent people on this forum can form their own opinion:

1. half the time we practiced in the dark, because Ed had so many teams out there.
2. we rarely had a half of field to practice on, so most of our practices were in a 30x30 area, once again because of too many teams (but Ed's teams always were in the lights).
3. and speaking of Ed, i bet he just gave himself a big raise with his new uniform deal. those uni's are crappy quality and much cheaper than nike or adidas, yet the cost for them (for us) was basically going to be the same.

so, go ahead, make your snide comments about AW and Andromeda, but after meeting with the president of the NEW Andromeda today, i feel pretty good about moving. like everything else, only time will tell.

I don't care what uniform my kids wear as long as they are getting good coaching and having a good experience, however if there is a large financial impact, I feel the parents should have some say or an opportunity to move to another team. If the difference between the clubs dues are $600, I have two that would cost me $1,200 and that is unfair.
EPL Fan
EPL Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ninjadog 30/06/12, 09:53 pm

aggiemt wrote:
JPMoe70 wrote:I heard the dues at Andromeda was very high. Plus no full time practice fields would be a negative in my book for a move to this club.
I heard the same. Not sure if all teams are similar in cost but the 98G team is $2900 plus uniform. I'm not sure what that covers but it seems a little high for a club without facilities.

You heard wrong.
ninjadog
ninjadog
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/06/12, 09:56 pm

[quote="backpost"]
soccerking wrote:The TFC coaches that screwed the parents and players by going to Andscrewmeda at the last minute will fit right in with that bunch. lol!

i love all you guys/gals who are bashing AW when you don't even know the facts of what happened, but that's become typical on this forum. take it from someone who is very close to this action, and has been around AW for several years, that this is no big deal for our team (players and parents). i'll give you a few facts, and some opinions, just so the more intelligent people on this forum can form their own opinion:

1. half the time we practiced in the dark, because Ed had so many teams out there.
2. we rarely had a half of field to practice on, so most of our practices were in a 30x30 area, once again because of too many teams (but Ed's teams always were in the lights).
3. and speaking of Ed, i bet he just gave himself a big raise with his new uniform deal. those uni's are crappy quality and much cheaper than nike or adidas, yet the cost for them (for us) was basically going to be the same.

so, go ahead, make your snide comments about AW and Andromeda, but after meeting with the president of the NEW Andromeda today, i feel pretty good about moving. like everything else, only time will tell.
[/quote

Lame.

(1) Yes, in the fall winter months, so I can believe your team OVERLAPPED into the dark. It's true that the lighting at TFC in Plano has always sucked, primarily because the club can't put anything permanent on the church's land. TFC should have invested in more diesel lighting. But most of the year, lighting up until 8:45 is not a problem, and there's always room to play.

(2) Your team will be going from a 30x30 practice area to a 20x30 patch with Andromeda. The grass may be greener on the other side, but there's sure to be less of it. Andro is already short on room and now teams are being added. They'll have to rent more space from RISD to be even reasonably viable.

(3) So Ed is hoarding the money from the uniforms? Where the hell is the money from the Andromeda parents going? Hint: It sure isn't used for facilities, which at least TFC had.

You've been sold beachfront property in Oklahoma by Wells. Hope you enjoy it. I'm sure the stolen 02G group will reach new heights in Andro jersies. That club is known for its outstanding girls' teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/06/12, 10:03 pm

Buddy Chill wrote:Take A CHILL PILL before you blow a gasket!!!!! Since when has a North Texas Soccer Coach given a flying rats a$$ about anyone other than themselves. If you do not like the move then DON'T SIGN the contract, WOW what a concept. But when you have half a melon - that is all I would expect from whiners.

Buddy Chill

Now there's some sound reasoning given that all of this took place a day or two before the signing date. Yep. The parents have lots of options, don't they?

Buddy Get a Clue

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddy Chill 01/07/12, 07:46 am

Xara,

Based on what you have written, it would appear that you have been drinking from the Ed flavored Kool-Aid for sometime. Every parent has options. If the move has the same everything except not paying Mr ED what is the problem. You appearantly have a problem with AW must have made you look bad at some point in time. Get over it.

But I will restate the original point, What North Texas Soccer Coach has ever thought of anything but themselves. This is a good example, 2 coaches instead of talking to the parents just made a move and now expect everyone to follow along. Now for the moral of the story Xara: The parent has the check book, no check no money that puts the coaches in a spot if they do not follow them.

But most parents are sheep and will go anyway because they like to whine like the before mentioned. Stand up make your point, I would bet that there are plenty of teams that will gladly take them. If you knew how to read the rules you would see that contracts do not become final until 7/15.

XARA get a life.

Yours truly,

Buddy Chill

Buddy Chill
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Fido 01/07/12, 07:50 am

Buddy Chill,

Where have you been for the last 2 years. Go back under that rock that you came out of & go back to sleep (even on July 1).

Fido
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/07/12, 08:16 am

This is a good problem to have! who will be taking the top 02 team MP or wells?

Back to top Go down

Post by JPMoe70 01/07/12, 09:36 am

The losers in this move are all the teams that will not be able to bring over 75% of their roster for any LHGCL Byes.
I believe the byes would than remain with TFC.

JPMoe70
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 01/07/12, 09:56 am

I wasnt thrilled about the last minute change but there are some misconceptions i want to clear up then people can make ther own decision.

1. the dues are not differnt from TFC to Andro - they are within $90 of LY dues. / Push for both clubs

2. Unifroms the TFC new unifroms are cost less but players are being charged the same. / Advantage Andromeda

3. Fields / TFC has complex currently but has been late on payments and is in a fight not to lose them. too many teams and teams practice on very small field and mix practice with other teams. Andro has fields but no dedicated facility. / Push for both clubs

4. Add ons - Players were forced to participate in Eds 4v4 tournament at $125 per team and play on TFC fields against TFC teams and all money goes back to the team, same with mandatory golf tourney, mandatory auction items. All money raised goes to the club and DOC pocket. / Advantage Andromeda

5. Coaches have been getting paid 30-45 days late and have been forced to make decisions to protect there lively hood. / Advantage Andromeda

6. Coaches were forced to pick up additional teams (select and academy) which took time away from ther current teams and made current parents very upset.

These are just a few of the reasons that teams left TFC.
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/07/12, 10:03 am

totalsoccer wrote:This is a good problem to have! who will be taking the top 02 team MP or wells?

Make no mistake: Wells will call the shots on that decision. In fact, you can bet he already has.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 01/07/12, 10:06 am

Its hard to blame coaches for leaving or changing jobs when you really think about it.

Its funny how we percieve things. If you bought a particular brand name item fromn a store and they quit carrying it but another store picked up the item what would you do? either quit purchasing the item or go to the other store.

Now from the coaches side: if your job is not going the way you want and you have an opportunity to make it better most of us would change. I dont think you would not do it just becuse your assistant and the other people under you would heve to work for a new boss. And if they dont want to work for a new boss they would leave also, its part of life.

The players/parents were allowed to make there own decision here. They will decide between staying with a club or playing for a coach. Why bash a coach just because you want him to stay and coach your dd where you want him too. If you want the coach hire him or her dont expect them to come to you. If you like the club stay with them and they will provide a coach for your team.
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/07/12, 10:09 am

Bigfoot wrote:I wasnt thrilled about the last minute change but there are some misconceptions i want to clear up then people can make ther own decision.

1. the dues are not differnt from TFC to Andro - they are within $90 of LY dues. / Push for both clubs

2. Unifroms the TFC new unifroms are cost less but players are being charged the same. / Advantage Andromeda

3. Fields / TFC has complex currently but has been late on payments and is in a fight not to lose them. too many teams and teams practice on very small field and mix practice with other teams. Andro has fields but no dedicated facility. / Push for both clubs

4. Add ons - Players were forced to participate in Eds 4v4 tournament at $125 per team and play on TFC fields against TFC teams and all money goes back to the team, same with mandatory golf tourney, mandatory auction items. All money raised goes to the club and DOC pocket. / Advantage Andromeda

5. Coaches have been getting paid 30-45 days late and have been forced to make decisions to protect there lively hood. / Advantage Andromeda

6. Coaches were forced to pick up additional teams (select and academy) which took time away from ther current teams and made current parents very upset.

These are just a few of the reasons that teams left TFC.

I wouldn't even know where to begin shooting holes in all of this "reasoning". And Buddy Chill thinks I'm drinking the Ed kool-aid? This is the Andromeda/Wells vodka!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 01/07/12, 10:12 am

FreeKick wrote:Probably at least 6 teams, but I could be more, coach Wells and Grado are 2 of the coaches that I know for sure.

The new uniforms have nothing to do with it... Well I would hope something that trivial would not cause a walkout? Who knows anything is possible I guess when dealing with fragile ego's.

For part of my decision the uniforms had plenty to do with it.

I would have applauded ED if he purchsed a uniform kit at a lower price and shared the dicount with the players and the club, he had this opportunity but decided not to do it. Instead he is pocketing the difference for himself. Just on the on the Jerseys alone he is pocketing around $16 grand.

affraid
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/07/12, 10:14 am

Bigfoot wrote:Its hard to blame coaches for leaving or changing jobs when you really think about it.

Its funny how we percieve things. If you bought a particular brand name item fromn a store and they quit carrying it but another store picked up the item what would you do? either quit purchasing the item or go to the other store.

Now from the coaches side: if your job is not going the way you want and you have an opportunity to make it better most of us would change. I dont think you would not do it just becuse your assistant and the other people under you would heve to work for a new boss. And if they dont want to work for a new boss they would leave also, its part of life.

The players/parents were allowed to make there own decision here. They will decide between staying with a club or playing for a coach. Why bash a coach just because you want him to stay and coach your dd where you want him too. If you want the coach hire him or her dont expect them to come to you. If you like the club stay with them and they will provide a coach for your team.

Come on. Quit skirting the issue. If a coach wants to leave one club for another, so be it. But doing it 1-2 days before signing? How much choice do the parents really have? They could hang around at TFC and hope it all works out (not likely), look for another team at the stroke of midnight (what a nightmare), or take the path of least resistance and follow the coach to the new club... and hope for the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerking 01/07/12, 10:25 am

Hey Bigfoot are you serious about this statement?

"Coaches have been getting paid 30-45 days late and have been forced to make decisions to protect there lively hood. / Advantage Andromeda"

soccerking
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by old man 01/07/12, 10:26 am

Bigfoot makes some valid points.

I still have a problem with coaches picking 2 days before signing to make there move.,

But come on ED P! Whats up? Late on bills and paying coaches?

At leat the might Texans are not listed as a non profit club. Ed has TFC as a Non-Profit club but his salary is over $200,000. This salary has to be approved by the board, but the board is comprised of a President/Callahan, Ed himself, Director/Trevino and Ed's Wife. I wonder which way she voted????????

I also just heard the board approved an increas of $25k taking him to over $225,000, this is not very non profit and i guess the uniforms made him a pretty penney.

Just like any other Business the guy at the top wins and the rest suffer.

old man
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 01/07/12, 10:28 am

soccerking wrote:Hey Bigfoot are you serious about this statement?

"Coaches have been getting paid 30-45 days late and have been forced to make decisions to protect there lively hood. / Advantage Andromeda"

Yes I am.
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 01/07/12, 10:34 am

Its a fact that the TFC coaches recived chaecks late so i guess your not reffering to that.

If your talking about Andro coaches please explain.

Are you talking about the old club Andromeda SC? that had issues back in 2009?

The new group is Andromeda FC with all new people in place and im not saying they are great but they havn't screwed anyone yet.

The furture will tell if they are better or worse than others. I just cant blame anyone for getting out of a situtation that is not good for them.

And I say this although i'm pissed about the problems they all caused me by making this change at the last minute.
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerking 01/07/12, 11:02 am

Bigfoot, your right its a new club name when you remove the SC and add the FC to andromeda but its still the same core group of coaches that screwed the kids in 09 & that a fact.

soccerking
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 01/07/12, 11:07 am

soccerking wrote:Bigfoot, your right its a new club name when you remove the SC and add the FC to andromeda but its still the same core group of coaches that screwed the kids in 09 & that a fact.

The coaches got it as much as the kids. They weren't in charge of the money in '09.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/07/12, 11:13 am

totalsoccer wrote:This is a good problem to have! who will be taking the top 02 team MP or wells?
It will the one that has the best fake English accent! When do you start giving lessons? lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerking 01/07/12, 11:35 am

JeffM wrote:
soccerking wrote:Bigfoot, your right its a new club name when you remove the SC and add the FC to andromeda but its still the same core group of coaches that screwed the kids in 09 & that a fact.

The coaches got it as much as the kids. They weren't in charge of the money in '09.

No, but from what I heard some coaches & directors kept everyone in the dark.

soccerking
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 01/07/12, 11:38 am

soccerking wrote:
JeffM wrote:

No, but from what I heard some coaches & directors kept everyone in the dark.

We found out the same way everyone else does - coaches not getting paid. Don't know why coaches would want to keep anyone in the dark, it would just keep them from getting paid that much longer.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherbug 01/07/12, 11:57 am

Our TFC coach has never NOT gotten paid or been late getting paid- I just asked him. He has also never heard of any other coaches not getting paid. You would think this would be something they would ask each other about. I think this is just a rumor.
weatherbug
weatherbug
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeKick 01/07/12, 12:27 pm

Bigfoot, I have spoken with other TFC coaches and all told me that they have always been paid on time... So I don't know where you pulled your "fact" from... I can probably guess.
As relates to TFC behind on their rent for the 121 facially that is a roumor being spread around by Wells, Grado and Andromeda, who claim that they have actually also placed a bid on the facility as the lease expires July. This is all a ploy to get parents being screwed over to have some hope that they will remain at the current facility.
Wells and Grado have screwed the parents and teams that's all there is to it.

FreeKick
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next