North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

TFC teams moving to Andromeda - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

TFC teams moving to Andromeda

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TFC teams moving to Andromeda - Page 3 Empty Re: TFC teams moving to Andromeda

Post by FreeKick 01/07/12, 12:27 pm

Bigfoot, I have spoken with other TFC coaches and all told me that they have always been paid on time... So I don't know where you pulled your "fact" from... I can probably guess.
As relates to TFC behind on their rent for the 121 facially that is a roumor being spread around by Wells, Grado and Andromeda, who claim that they have actually also placed a bid on the facility as the lease expires July. This is all a ploy to get parents being screwed over to have some hope that they will remain at the current facility.
Wells and Grado have screwed the parents and teams that's all there is to it.

FreeKick
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by pitchful2 01/07/12, 12:34 pm

FreeKick wrote:Bigfoot, I have spoken with other TFC coaches and all told me that they have always been paid on time... So I don't know where you pulled your "fact" from... I can probably guess.
As relates to TFC behind on their rent for the 121 facially that is a roumor being spread around by Wells, Grado and Andromeda, who claim that they have actually also placed a bid on the facility as the lease expires July. This is all a ploy to get parents being screwed over to have some hope that they will remain at the current facility.

Amen What a Face

The rumors that are flying around are crazy.

pitchful2
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 01/07/12, 12:42 pm

pitchful2 wrote:
FreeKick wrote:Bigfoot, I have spoken with other TFC coaches and all told me that they have always been paid on time... So I don't know where you pulled your "fact" from... I can probably guess.

Amen What a Face

The rumors that are flying around are crazy.

My thoughts exactly. If their teams don't follow, they have no paycheck, therefore will say whatever necessary to get the signatures on the dotted line today.

soccermom97b
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by pitchful2 01/07/12, 12:49 pm

the fact that both coaches waited until parents and players had less than 48 hours until signing really is the issue. We had a coach that told us he was moving clubs months before. We all had plenty of time to think, prepare and work out the issues. Poor parents/players of AW & CG had to make a very quick choice and it might blow up in all their faces. Who's to say that AW or CG are going to stay the coaches of the teams taken over. Andro has been known to have a team sign then do a quick adjustment after the fact with a different coach. I really hope that isn't the case, but who knows what's going to happen. The price Hike, the non fields for more money and the name Andro alone would scare the piss out of me. But none of them parents had much time to think about any of that, did they.

Now the rumor that more coaches left, ???? who are they???

pitchful2
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 01/07/12, 01:52 pm

I can't believe youth soccer is about money! Very Happy
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/07/12, 01:59 pm

Slowly but surely the truth emerges. And if Andromeda was making a play for the TFC Allen facility, my guess is Wells was dealing the information to Powers under the table and he got fired. Sounds like Grado was just chasing Wells' shadow or otherwise implicated as well. Not that it matters. What's done is done, and the TFC parents under these two coaches probably knew this was going to happen weeks ago. If not, more of them would be on here with new screennames complaining about the last minute change. Believe me, they knew.

Does that mean doc EP is an angel? Hardly. He's overpaid and has a tendency not to control the renegade coaches under his direction. Now he's paying for it, although it's just a blip on the radar. And there's no doubt EP will be overcharging the TFC parents for the new $150 kits from some company we've never heard of. But does that mean things will be better for anyone following Wells' and Grado's charge over to Andromeda? Hardly. Out of the frying pan and into the fire, as they say. Close to $3000 for either of these clubs is too much. If you're going to shell out that kind of money for select soccer, then get your daughter onto a D1 team with Texans, Sting, FC Dallas, or even D'Feeters... if she's good enough. Otherwise, find a small club with a good coach and save the difference for college. Or better still, stick with rec and take a vacation to Florida each year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/07/12, 03:02 pm

It appears Juan Lopez has left TFC as well. Perhaps to FC Dallas???

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerinsane 01/07/12, 03:33 pm

Yes, we on the 02 team were all frustrated about an unexpected last minute upheaval. I am sure the other parents on other the other teams were as well. Who wouldn't be? The timing was awful and Adam has acknowledged that and apologized for it. Other than that the timing issue, I don't understand the venom being injected into several of these posts. I do not expect my child's coach to stay in a situation he isn't comfortable in--you've got to be happy in your job or it spills over into all aspects of your life. Same for coaches. Listening to him talk, he did not take his decision lightly--due to the effect on his team players and parents. I just attended an end of the season party for his 94 girls' team which my oldest dd played on until she graduated last year. He coached several of those girls since they were my 02 daughter's age--from years of not qualifying for LH, to LH DII champs this year. Every girl on that team who wanted to play in college is playing--including mine. He is not in it only for himself and the money. He made a personal decision to move to a club that he felt was a better fit. As parents, we do the same thing with our girls. Our team parents and players are a phenomenal group--we have been very lucky to have an awesome bunch on the field AND the sidelines and wished for everyone to stay together. We all had a decision to make--and we all did what we felt was best for our kids--including our one player and family who opted not to make the move and who will be missed.

I know some people aim for the club, and I am not naive enough to believe that club name makes no difference whatsoever. However, right now for my family and my DD, I'm paying for the coach I feel is the best for my DD based on a combined 3 years of experience between my 02 and my oldest DD--and that's why we moved. As a plus, based on the basic set-up of Andromeda that we heard about yesterday, I think we got a club upgrade as well. But if the club reality turns out otherwise, I'm okay with that too. I'll pay for my DD to play with her friends, hang out with mine on the sidelines and be coached by Adam regardless of our club name, team name or practice fields.
soccerinsane
soccerinsane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 01/07/12, 04:03 pm

No thats not all ther is to it. Ed is pocketing money and cheating the players and that is the only fact either of us can prove.

I have been told by two of the coach's pearsonally that pay checks have been late, you say you spoke to all of them and they said different. I'm sure somone is lying because it cant be both ways. The lease is up on the facility and yes anyone can place a bid its up to the church to accept the bid or give it to whoe ver they want. I checked personnaly and yes the Church told me the lease was up and anyone was welcome to inquire.

Ed agreeing to have his player wear cheap ass, tramp stamp uniforms is a FACT. It is a FACT that they cost less than a name brand ie: Nike, Adidas, Under Armour. Its a FACT that no one parent or player is seeing the any discount due to the cheap uniforms.

So if you want to deal in FACTS then do that! Razz Razz Razz

Last edited by Bigfoot on 01/07/12, 04:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 01/07/12, 04:07 pm

It really shocks me that you parents are whinning because your choice of coach left and your bashing them when you want them to stay and coach your kid?

If they are so bad why did you choose them to coach you DD in the first place. Or dide someone trick you into that choice also.
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by texflats 01/07/12, 04:10 pm

Xara wrote:S What's done is done, and the TFC parents under these two coaches probably knew this was going to happen weeks ago. If not, more of them would be on here with new screennames complaining about the last minute change.

Sleep

Your have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe not more parents are complaining because its not as bad as you want to believe.
texflats
texflats
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 01/07/12, 04:16 pm

texflats wrote:
Xara wrote:S What's done is done, and the TFC parents under these two coaches probably knew this was going to happen weeks ago. If not, more of them would be on here with new screennames complaining about the last minute change.

Sleep

Your have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe not more parents are complaining because its not as bad as you want to believe.

Its really not that big of and issue.

Coach left / team has choice follow coach or stay with club.
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/07/12, 05:17 pm

Bigfoot wrote:
texflats wrote:

Sleep

Actually, I don't care one way or the other. If you read all of my posts on this subject, you'll find I'm only too happy to grill the coaches/leadership on both sides for what appears to have transpired. What does draw my ire, however, is a statement like "Coach left / team has choice follow coach or stay with club". Asinine. If this had happened even two weeks ago, I might agree to some extent. But the "choice" the parents were left with was: 1. Listen to one side of the story from coach and blindly follow him to new club then hope it all works out, or 2. Hang around and find your daughter scrambling for a team as it all implodes 48 hours before signing. You call that a choice? It was handled poorly; plain and simple.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 01/07/12, 05:25 pm

Xara wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:
texflats wrote:

Sleep

Actually, I don't care one way or the other. If you read all of my posts on this subject, you'll find I'm only too happy to grill the coaches/leadership on both sides for what appears to have transpired. What does draw my ire, however, is a statement like "Coach left / team has choice follow coach or stay with club". Asinine. If this had happened even two weeks ago, I might agree to some extent. But the "choice" the parents were left with was: 1. Listen to one side of the story from coach and blindly follow him to new club then hope it all works out, or 2. Hang around and find your daughter scrambling for a team as it all implodes 48 hours before signing. You call that a choice? It was handled poorly; plain and simple.

XARA your right - I do have a DD involved and it was handled poorly on both sides.

And evryone else has a right to be pissed or bash anyone they want but opions and facts are two different things and they should be treated that way.

I have to go now and write a check for $2450 (actually 4 payment installment plan) and hope the season goes well for my DD.

Good luck to all. drunken
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/07/12, 06:07 pm

On the plus side, you won't be paying double the reasonable cost for those knock-off uniforms with "TFC" on the butts. Right? Wink

By the way, does anyone else find the "Flood Control" that makes you wait 3 minutes before editing a post MORE than a little annoying?

Back to top Go down

Post by s1all 01/07/12, 06:22 pm

The situation at andro sc was all about the debt for ATF and failure to acheive the business plan needed to pay it. The coaches that stayed and reformed the club did so because of their commitment to kids and families. For anyone to say MP is or was deceptive is an idiot and has never met the man or had their kid coached by him.

s1all
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 01/07/12, 08:25 pm

Xara wrote:On the plus side, you won't be paying double the reasonable cost for those knock-off uniforms with "TFC" on the butts. Right? Wink

By the way, does anyone else find the "Flood Control" that makes you wait 3 minutes before editing a post MORE than a little annoying?

Fixed. It was done to prevent spam, but I marked it down to 20 seconds. Remember, admin is here to help!

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.txsoccer.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 01/07/12, 08:36 pm

Xara wrote:On the plus side, you won't be paying double the reasonable cost for those knock-off uniforms with "TFC" on the butts. Right? Wink

Nope no Knock offs for us! We will be sporting Under Armour for the next year.

We had every player come back and keep all of our byes into LGCL Div 1, Premier League West and Southern Premier League (formerly Regional Premier League). What a great group of girls and parent we have.

cheers
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by old man 01/07/12, 08:44 pm

Okay, how many teams really left TFC?

Im hearing now its only 2 or 3? I spent alot of time reading for 2 or 3 teams.

old man
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by old man 01/07/12, 08:47 pm

most memorable line of the last 4 pages is the New unifroms with the TFC Tramp Stamp!

That phrase might stick with the Club for a long time.

old man
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesoccer 01/07/12, 08:49 pm

Not going to jump into the fire but I do want to say now seeing the new uniforms I can say they are just as high of quality material as Nike, Adidas, etc... Honestly like them better then the Adidas gear from previous teams dd has played on. I think they are just as comparable as the Nike gear that Texans wear. While it maybe a new brand to us parents doesn't mean it's inferior either. Must say I am not disappointed in what my dd is getting for the cost. Actually she is getting more in the $350 then she would be with if she was still with the Texans for in my opinion equal equipment. Now granted I haven't seen how it will hold up from repeated wear & washes so that is still to be seen.

Also I am not at any club for the name on my kids jersey or sticker decal. I am there for the coach & team. We have been part of club moves when our coach needed a change for what ever reason. As a parent I was there to support his decision that he felt was best for his career goal & to help advance our team. If that is what made these coaches move then I wish them the best of luck. I would hope they wouldn't stab TFC in the back and leak information to another club for malicious reasons. If they are doing that then that would seriously question their integrity to me and make me question them as my dd's coach. If they can't lead by example then I wouldn't want them being a role model to my child.

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 01/07/12, 08:54 pm

old man wrote:Okay, how many teams really left TFC?

Im hearing now its only 2 or 3? I spent alot of time reading for 2 or 3 teams.

I think the only teams that left are

00 boys

97 girls

95 girls (not sure of color)

99 girls

There could be a few more but thats all i know of, The 97 girls blue decided to stay with TFC to keep there LHGCL bye. best of luck to those girls and there families.

97 girls blue stayed with TFC to keep there bye
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dtsoccerdad99 01/07/12, 08:58 pm

Both 99's or just TFC Blue?
dtsoccerdad99
dtsoccerdad99
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 01/07/12, 09:04 pm

00 girls left also right?
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 01/07/12, 09:09 pm

lovesoccer wrote:Not going to jump into the fire but I do want to say now seeing the new uniforms I can say they are just as high of quality material as Nike, Adidas, etc... Honestly like them better then the Adidas gear from previous teams dd has played on. I think they are just as comparable as the Nike gear that Texans wear. While it maybe a new brand to us parents doesn't mean it's inferior either. Must say I am not disappointed in what my dd is getting for the cost. Actually she is getting more in the $350 then she would be with if she was still with the Texans for in my opinion equal equipment. Now granted I haven't seen how it will hold up from repeated wear & washes so that is still to be seen.

Also I am not at any club for the name on my kids jersey or sticker decal. I am there for the coach & team. We have been part of club moves when our coach needed a change for what ever reason. As a parent I was there to support his decision that he felt was best for his career goal & to help advance our team. If that is what made these coaches move then I wish them the best of luck. I would hope they wouldn't stab TFC in the back and leak information to another club for malicious reasons. If they are doing that then that would seriously question their integrity to me and make me question them as my dd's coach. If they can't lead by example then I wouldn't want them being a role model to my child.

You are correct stabbing in the back or talking bad about the club or coach would be a poor role model for a coach or DOC.

BUT THE UNIFORMS!!!!

I never said it wouldn't last for a long time, or Nike/Adidas unifroms will make the player better. Its about the cost. Nike/Adidas cost's more $$$, you can get the Narnia unifrms for about 1/3 to half the price and the players should get to share in the savings.

"Share in the Savings" thats what the club should do not 100% but the club and players should both win!
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 01/07/12, 09:16 pm

dtsoccerdad99 wrote:Both 99's or just TFC Blue?

Just the team Grado coached.
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next