North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Tx Lightning Youth Cup - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Tx Lightning Youth Cup

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Tx Lightning Youth Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: Tx Lightning Youth Cup

Post by Soccer Po Boy 04/04/13, 03:53 pm

Unfortunately, the behavior I saw was aimed at their own kids. I'm used to the ref bashing, and even the back and forth between parents.

Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/04/13, 04:04 pm

That's a hard one for me to believe...how many times has Rase and DTS faced off?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 04/04/13, 04:40 pm

KixR4kidz wrote:That's a hard one for me to believe...how many times has Rase and DTS faced off?

Their behavior was hard for me to believe too.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/04/13, 10:29 pm

KixR4kidz wrote:04 DTS I've tagged along one or two games lastfall for tgpl...they beat the refs up but who doesn't...poboy hates dts...pay him no mind

Your coach lets you yell at the refs? Or, you're just saying it's acceptable for a parent group to yell at the refs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/04/13, 10:45 pm

I'm saying that I've seen plenty of instances where every team has a parent or two that give it to the refs...it may not be loud or excessive but where's the perfect ref and the perfect parent...its never enough to call the game so its minor...no cussing just mounds of sarcasm and com on's...those same parents commend the ref when the call goes their way...can't help or control some folks passion...it is what it is in every sport, be honest...don't give me the holy'r than thou thing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/04/13, 09:06 am

KixR4kidz wrote:...can't help or control some folks passion...it is what it is in every sport, be honest...don't give me the holy'r than thou thing

I disagree. If policies and expectations have been set, everyone can easily tell the difference between parents who have been talked to and who have not. But where I do agree and understand that there are teams that allow it, that there are parents that are out of control, and coaches that don't pay any mind to it.. especially if they're winning. A lot of things go unnoticed in NTX as long as a team is winning. Kickball, a mouthy coach, ...loud parents. But what can you do Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/04/13, 09:54 am

Passion...can't control it...I didn't say condone it...but I look at it like this, how do nba players get techs? One way is to argue with the ref or show emotions...baseball managers get tossed for arguing with umps...passion and anger happens...just saying...

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 05/04/13, 10:30 am

Shelby427 wrote:
SolarPower00 wrote:
MrRogers wrote:
Master Bates wrote:Pretty weak competition, with all due respect. Congrats anyway.

Yea, just two 03 teams that will qualify for LHGCL this summer.

I bet your team would win same tourney with a 1000-0 margin. Maybe one day our girls will be as good as yours.

Real classy congrats there by the way.

Firstly, Odyssey 03 is not necessarily Odyssey Gold 03
And I wouldn't assume the other team you're referring to, currently #19, is guaranteed to qualify in LHGCL.
Over 60 teams will be fighting for those 30 spots.

Sorry Rogers, you are not with a liverpool team... Do not exepct any love here.

According to GotSoccer it was Oddysey Gold... at least same coach and he only has one 03 team. Barakat was also there...

Second, I don't think anyone from DTS was bragging, that is unless you define bragging as defending your team against an insult someone just made...

We all know if RASE, Dalglish, or any other one of LP's 55 04' teams won that tournament they would not have said a word on here...

Sorry to interrupt this conversation about the DTS 04 sidelines
Shelby, if you review the the TGPL and PTCL schedules the same coach is listed for both Odyssey teams. Blue and Gold.
I didn't see any of these games....impressive performance by DTS, I agree.
But, come on Tourn. Director....let those 3 weak teams have at least one game against each other in pool play....all three were just punished by the top 3
(One goal scored collectively in 9 games)
Brutal. and to make matters worse ....one of the undefeated (3-0-0)
teams doesn't even make the playoffs??? A textbook example of 'how not to schedule a 6 team bracket'

SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/04/13, 10:38 am

Lol...did some digging huh? The other 3-0-0 must have not scored as many points or allowed some goals

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 05/04/13, 10:49 am

DTS04. 3-0-0 21GF. 0 GA
Odyssey 3-0-0. 9GF . 0GA
DTS Bara. 3-0-0. 9GF. 1 GA

Obviously I was bored. Lol
That's what 4 weeks of rain outs will do to a parent.
You start dissecting 2nd tier tournaments!

SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/04/13, 10:51 am

Lol...it be like that sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/04/13, 10:53 am

SolarPower00 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
SolarPower00 wrote:
MrRogers wrote:
Master Bates wrote:Pretty weak competition, with all due respect. Congrats anyway.

Yea, just two 03 teams that will qualify for LHGCL this summer.

I bet your team would win same tourney with a 1000-0 margin. Maybe one day our girls will be as good as yours.

Real classy congrats there by the way.

Firstly, Odyssey 03 is not necessarily Odyssey Gold 03
And I wouldn't assume the other team you're referring to, currently #19, is guaranteed to qualify in LHGCL.
Over 60 teams will be fighting for those 30 spots.

Sorry Rogers, you are not with a liverpool team... Do not exepct any love here.

According to GotSoccer it was Oddysey Gold... at least same coach and he only has one 03 team. Barakat was also there...

Second, I don't think anyone from DTS was bragging, that is unless you define bragging as defending your team against an insult someone just made...

We all know if RASE, Dalglish, or any other one of LP's 55 04' teams won that tournament they would not have said a word on here...

Sorry to interrupt this conversation about the DTS 04 sidelines
Shelby, if you review the the TGPL and PTCL schedules the same coach is listed for both Odyssey teams. Blue and Gold.
I didn't see any of these games....impressive performance by DTS, I agree.
But, come on Tourn. Director....let those 3 weak teams have at least one game against each other in pool play....all three were just punished by the top 3
(One goal scored collectively in 9 games)
Brutal. and to make matters worse ....one of the undefeated (3-0-0)
teams doesn't even make the playoffs??? A textbook example of 'how not to schedule a 6 team bracket'

They seed the brackets/make the schedules based on their gotsoccer ranking I think. Don't really know the details. The weaker teams will be put up against the best teams in group play which gives them no shot in making it through.. which of course makes their seeding even worse in the future. Which of course gives clubs more reason to guest play/borrow players to give them a chance... which of course sparks trash talking amongst the parents. Which of course makes us forget why we're really here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/04/13, 10:58 am

i.e.....domino effect...its easy to lose sight.I guess after u invest lots of time and money u kind of get attached and look at it as an investment and not nurture...meaning providing your kid with extracurricular activities

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/04/13, 11:01 am

go99 wrote:
MustangGT wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:RASE beat DTS 5-1 last fall and then beat DT Scott 7-0 a week or two ago.
However I will give credit to both DT coaches who at least tried to go toe to toe and didn't just set out to minimize the damage.
I think some of the bold talk on here from some teams has been fuelled by recent success in lesser leagues and tournaments to some extent.

DTS - Rase Game was 4-1. Rase parent told me game was much closer. Rase scored two goals literally in 60 seconds of play catching the same DT Defender sleeping both times. DTS coach adjusted and for the next 59 minutes the games was 2-1 in RASE favor. DTS controlled one half and RASE the other. Much closer than the 4-1 suggested.

Still this was back in Septemer or October. I am sure both teams have changed a ton.

My DD has played against both teams more than once on two different teams. This is my take:

Defense: DTS has better defensive back line than RASE. They work well together with speedy outside backs and a stopper with great instinct on the ball. I haven't seen many other 04 teams with players who know when to challenge and when to close passing lanes. This is a key part of their "shutout" success.

Edge goes to DTS

Keeper: This is too hard to tell. Neither team allows many shots. DTS uses the same keeper at least for the games I've seen. She is smaller than RASE keepers but quite athletic on the few occasion I have seen her have to make a stop. RASE uses a mix of keepers, in fact I think I have seen 3-4 different ones over the past couple of seasons.

Keeper EDGE: Can't tell really. Not enough action there.

Offense: DTS scores primarily through their really good left side forward who hits with both feat, through their speedy forward on the right side who beats you on the through-ball, or up the middle from a long cross-pass from either side to their other forward or mids. RASE scores anywhere and everywhere. RASE certainly has more options here and is very efficient at finding the back of the net with several players. Both teams move the ball well and play good soccer but RASE spreads the field a little better than DTS and makes opposing mids/defenders really work. The one thing here I give to DTS is they truly are the most aggressive team to the ball and in my opinion the overall fastest team. DTS is a better 11v11 team than they are 9v9.

Overall Offensive Edge goes to RASE

One more thing, RASE has far more depth on the bench.

Sounds like the rase parent was being nice. Must be a friend of yours. The game wasn't closer than the score. It was 4 to 1 and at no point did it feel like a game we would lose or even tie. The lone goal came as a shocker. They capitalized off an error and got a break away lone goal. It wasn't a tale of too halves I don't recall it being anymore competative than the scott game infact I don't recall it being the toughest game that season. As far as the defense goes, hardly. They gave up 4 goals to an 04 team. While the rase backline has gone thru 03 tournament without giving up a single goal. And if your bench has less depth than rase, STOP PLAYING SOCCER NOW. Rase carries 12 players, there is no depth. At least you got the attacking line well. When they play well goals come from everywhere. When they don't it only comes from forwards.

I think DTS is a great team. I wouldn't expect them to run thru scott or Kenn or beat rase. Maybe they have gotten alot better. Maybe they did go into hiding and close the gap. Maybe they can beat RASE. but its revisionist history to suggest that the 4-1 game was a close game and anything but a RASE controlled affair.

You people really need another hobby. Unbelievable.

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 05/04/13, 11:08 am

Like what XARA? Scrapbooking is so 2001 and does anyone really collect stamps anymore?
Maybe I'll join that idiot at Meadowmere that flies the remote control helicopter every weekend....that may be a fun hobby and a nice escape
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 05/04/13, 12:13 pm

I just wish there could be a LP meter on some of the posts so non LP parents could avoid the eventual RASE talk.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 05/04/13, 02:40 pm

db10 wrote:I just wish there could be a LP meter on some of the posts so non LP parents could avoid the eventual RASE talk.

It's not eventual, all they have to do is leave RASE out of the conversation. There was no need to even bring them up
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/04/13, 03:00 pm

Who brought up Rase in this topic? I can't remember...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/04/13, 03:01 pm

In a bad way lol? Cause I mentioned Rase 1st...Hehehehe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/04/13, 03:04 pm

go99 wrote:
db10 wrote:I just wish there could be a LP meter on some of the posts so non LP parents could avoid the eventual RASE talk.

It's not eventual, all they have to do is leave RASE out of the conversation. There was no need to even bring them up

Just getting back into this with my 07 daughter after a few years absence. Wondering- what age level does LP start selecting their RASE team on the girls side and how do they select the team (I.e. the best team at the time, try outs, just based on the coach)? Taking a quick look at the LP site looked like two coaches have all the RASE teams on the girls side- I am assuming they cannot continue to handle all future raise teams- so wondering what long-term direction is?

Too early to tell if my daughter is good enough, but not opposed to being apart of what seems to be the most hated team- both inside LP and outside of the club lol:

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 05/04/13, 03:07 pm

go99 wrote:

I agree, DTS should probably be able to beat Dalglish before RASE is even mentioned.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 05/04/13, 03:17 pm

go99 wrote:

Since I've been on here I'd say its about 80% probable.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/04/13, 04:33 pm

Its always a reason to bring up Rase and that's a good thing. Who mentions irrelevant teams? Rase is PBFMayweather-like. So until they fall, spectators will disect them and propose who will or could beat them. I haven't seen a post yet that said they were overrated or play dirty or have fluke wins. Its crazy but poboy always brings up dts but it wasn't a dts parent that mentioned Rase vs. dts...so its just a match up they'd like to see because apparently they feel as though their team isn't worthy. Is that a slight? No, because they are all 04's...they gotta play again someday right?

Last edited by KixR4kidz on 05/04/13, 04:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/04/13, 04:38 pm

BTW....the Rase discussion keeps the board active outside of the rankings...otherwise...

And some good dialogue also comes out of it although it always comes back to the same thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 05/04/13, 05:42 pm

KixR4kidz wrote:Its always a reason to bring up Rase and that's a good thing. Who mentions irrelevant teams? Rase is PBFMayweather-like. So until they fall, spectators will disect them and propose who will or could beat them. I haven't seen a post yet that said they were overrated or play dirty or have fluke wins. Its crazy but poboy always brings up dts but it wasn't a dts parent that mentioned Rase vs. dts...so its just a match up they'd like to see because apparently they feel as though their team isn't worthy. Is that a slight? No, because they are all 04's...they gotta play again someday right?

Calm down Kix, just be glad that someone even mentioned DTS.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/04/13, 06:00 pm

I'm always calm bro...u the rowdy rowdy piper. I could give two u know what's if someone mentions dts. I enjoy the debates but that's all it is. "dts ain't squat...they had therr chance now they shudd gown trydda beat Daglish dagg nabbit!!" I be like whoa...poboy is intense, hate for him to end up on our sideline after the half....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next