North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Tx Lightning Youth Cup - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Tx Lightning Youth Cup

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Tx Lightning Youth Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Tx Lightning Youth Cup

Post by go99 02/04/13, 09:38 am

I think scott is on the rise and I am not convinced DTS can beat them. Scott will go into CL as the top texan team although DTS will be another top D1 team

go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 02/04/13, 09:41 am

I believe DT South will beat DT Scott. One thing DT South has going for them I like, they are aggressive to the ball.
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/13, 10:37 am

Rase beat Scott pretty convincingly Rase didn't beat DTS as badly in the fall...these are all bold predictions but I think id pay to see DTS play Rase but I think DTS could beat Scott and Daglish for that matter...no slight, just a hunch. And don't use Rase 05 game to measure the talent of DTS because they've played with and against that best player u speak of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/13, 10:39 am

Has Rase 05 played Clark yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 02/04/13, 10:45 am

Im going to use it as a measuring point. True, RASE '05 can beat most '04 teams, it just wasn't a stellar performance by DTS against an '05 team. Very Happy
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/13, 10:51 am

Ok...use it, record it, and add it to your reference sheets...but most folk know DTS has defense if nothing else Rase 04 is the only team to put up multiple goals if any against DTS so a low scoring game isn't really a great testament to their ability...

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 02/04/13, 11:06 am

Good point. Im sure all will agree DTS is a top team in the '04 division but not at RASE '04 level yet ("yet" is the key word here). Regardless if RASE but up multiple goals on DTS, what is that saying? RASE '04 is the only team that can score on DTS? Is that what DTS is measuring their success on?
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/04/13, 11:11 am

I like the fact that Scott came out and attacked RASE 04 and never stopped pushing. No hiding in the turtle shell for scott. Hope the coach doesn't lose his nerve in the second game FORWARD!!!

go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/13, 11:15 am

I don't do measuring I just used that as an example if I did...when it all boils down to it, there are not many teams I would like to see take a shot at numero uno but DTS is one I would like to see engaged with Rase... The outcome regardless would def speak volumes don't u agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/13, 11:16 am

What league did Scott play in this past fall?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/13, 03:16 pm

RASE beat DTS 5-1 last fall and then beat DT Scott 7-0 a week or two ago.
However I will give credit to both DT coaches who at least tried to go toe to toe and didn't just set out to minimize the damage.
I think some of the bold talk on here from some teams has been fuelled by recent success in lesser leagues and tournaments to some extent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/13, 03:22 pm

Its was 4-1 but who keeps count

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGT 02/04/13, 03:39 pm

SoftballDad wrote:RASE beat DTS 5-1 last fall and then beat DT Scott 7-0 a week or two ago.
However I will give credit to both DT coaches who at least tried to go toe to toe and didn't just set out to minimize the damage.
I think some of the bold talk on here from some teams has been fuelled by recent success in lesser leagues and tournaments to some extent.

DTS - Rase Game was 4-1. Rase parent told me game was much closer. Rase scored two goals literally in 60 seconds of play catching the same DT Defender sleeping both times. DTS coach adjusted and for the next 59 minutes the games was 2-1 in RASE favor. DTS controlled one half and RASE the other. Much closer than the 4-1 suggested.

Still this was back in Septemer or October. I am sure both teams have changed a ton.

My DD has played against both teams more than once on two different teams. This is my take:

Defense: DTS has better defensive back line than RASE. They work well together with speedy outside backs and a stopper with great instinct on the ball. I haven't seen many other 04 teams with players who know when to challenge and when to close passing lanes. This is a key part of their "shutout" success.

Edge goes to DTS

Keeper: This is too hard to tell. Neither team allows many shots. DTS uses the same keeper at least for the games I've seen. She is smaller than RASE keepers but quite athletic on the few occasion I have seen her have to make a stop. RASE uses a mix of keepers, in fact I think I have seen 3-4 different ones over the past couple of seasons.

Keeper EDGE: Can't tell really. Not enough action there.

Offense: DTS scores primarily through their really good left side forward who hits with both feat, through their speedy forward on the right side who beats you on the through-ball, or up the middle from a long cross-pass from either side to their other forward or mids. RASE scores anywhere and everywhere. RASE certainly has more options here and is very efficient at finding the back of the net with several players. Both teams move the ball well and play good soccer but RASE spreads the field a little better than DTS and makes opposing mids/defenders really work. The one thing here I give to DTS is they truly are the most aggressive team to the ball and in my opinion the overall fastest team. DTS is a better 11v11 team than they are 9v9.

Overall Offensive Edge goes to RASE

One more thing, RASE has far more depth on the bench.

MustangGT
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 02/04/13, 03:46 pm

This statement can go either way: RASE '04 played DT South first game of TGPL. From what I have seen so far from both teams, RASE '04 has taken their game to another level since they played. I don't believe it will be as close as the fall TGPL game (4-1)

Last edited by PDub on 02/04/13, 03:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/13, 03:47 pm

MustangGT wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:RASE beat DTS 5-1 last fall and then beat DT Scott 7-0 a week or two ago.

DTS - Rase Game was 4-1. Rase parent told me game was much closer. Rase scored two goals literally in 60 seconds of play catching the same DT Defender sleeping both times. DTS coach adjusted and for the next 59 minutes the games was 2-1 in RASE favor. DTS controlled one half and RASE the other. Much closer than the 4-1 suggested.

Still this was back in Septemer or October. I am sure both teams have changed a ton.

My DD has played against both teams more than once on two different teams. This is my take:

Defense: DTS has better defensive back line than RASE. They work well together with speedy outside backs and a stopper with great instinct on the ball. I haven't seen many other 04 teams with players who know when to challenge and when to close passing lanes. This is a key part of their "shutout" success.

Edge goes to DTS

Keeper: This is too hard to tell. Neither team allows many shots. DTS uses the same keeper at least for the games I've seen. She is smaller than RASE keepers but quite athletic on the few occasion I have seen her have to make a stop. RASE uses a mix of keepers, in fact I think I have seen 3-4 different ones over the past couple of seasons.

Offense: DTS scores primarily through their really good left side forward who hits with both feat, through their speedy forward on the right side who beats you on the through-ball, or up the middle from a long cross-pass from either side to their other forward or mids. RASE scores anywhere and everywhere. RASE certainly has more options here and is very efficient at finding the back of the net with several players. Both teams move the ball well and play good soccer but RASE spreads the field a little better than DTS and makes opposing mids/defenders really work. The one thing here I give to DTS is they truly are the most aggressive team to the ball and in my opinion the overall fastest team. DTS is a better 11v11 team than they are 9v9.

yes, coach LW

Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/13, 04:03 pm

No way is DTS defense better than RASE. Take a look at some if the past tournament results that RASE participated in, 03 division. There are numerous shut-outs against top 15 03 teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/04/13, 04:27 pm

MustangGT wrote:

Edge goes to DTS

Sounds like the rase parent was being nice. Must be a friend of yours. The game wasn't closer than the score. It was 4 to 1 and at no point did it feel like a game we would lose or even tie. The lone goal came as a shocker. They capitalized off an error and got a break away lone goal. It wasn't a tale of too halves I don't recall it being anymore competative than the scott game infact I don't recall it being the toughest game that season. As far as the defense goes, hardly. They gave up 4 goals to an 04 team. While the rase backline has gone thru 03 tournament without giving up a single goal. And if your bench has less depth than rase, STOP PLAYING SOCCER NOW. Rase carries 12 players, there is no depth. At least you got the attacking line well. When they play well goals come from everywhere. When they don't it only comes from forwards.

I think DTS is a great team. I wouldn't expect them to run thru scott or Kenn or beat rase. Maybe they have gotten alot better. Maybe they did go into hiding and close the gap. Maybe they can beat RASE. but its revisionist history to suggest that the 4-1 game was a close game and anything but a RASE controlled affair.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/04/13, 04:29 pm

it is nice to see a second tier tourney get 4 pages of responses though.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/13, 04:34 pm

I think its been a pretty good round of responses....most notably...its been pretty clean....

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/04/13, 04:34 pm

But I am sure somebody pays attention and know the tournaments RASE will play in. DTS just has to join us, win their way thru the group play and meet us in the final rounds. They can't win there way thru the 03's then we know the answer.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/13, 04:39 pm

Rase has to be most respected....by lower tier teams most feared....but there are a few squads who aren't gonna just concede...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/13, 04:49 pm

KixR4kidz wrote:Rase has to be most respected....by lower tier teams most feared....but there are a few squads who aren't gonna just concede...

Agreed. I think at the moment it's the best team because of technique.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/04/13, 04:57 pm

KixR4kidz wrote:Rase has to be most respected....by lower tier teams most feared....but there are a few squads who aren't gonna just concede...

I think the really good teams are focused on themselves and cementing their own game. There are 20 teams in D1 the first year and 10 the next. Get really good at doing whatever your style of play is and hope you are one of them.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 02/04/13, 05:00 pm

go99 wrote:

I think the really good teams are focused on themselves and cementing their own game. There are 20 teams in D1 the first year and 10 the next. Get really good at doing whatever your style of play is and hope you are one of them.

Wonder how much team consolidation will occur with some of the top teams, perhaps including RASE/Dalglish?
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/13, 05:03 pm

I thought that's what Rase was...no slight intended

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 02/04/13, 05:15 pm

No, I believe it was stated over on previous threads before. RASE and Daglish don't share players. Two independent teams from each other. So the Super team thread that went on a few weeks back was put to rest right? Laughing Laughing
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next