North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Tx Lightning Youth Cup - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Tx Lightning Youth Cup

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Tx Lightning Youth Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Tx Lightning Youth Cup

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 02/04/13, 05:15 pm

No, I believe it was stated over on previous threads before. RASE and Daglish don't share players. Two independent teams from each other. So the Super team thread that went on a few weeks back was put to rest right? Laughing Laughing

Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/04/13, 05:46 pm

that is correct. There are players on dalglish that are better than some players on rase. I am a big fan of consolidation. I think if you have a balanced roster of 16 in select, every player can play 3/4 of the game. If you have some players that are below the level they end up sitting for extended periods so that you can win games or they are hid amongst the other players in hopes they don't kill the team. Besides I think it does a kid to know you are on a team not because of mom and dad, not because you have been there for a long time. You are on the team because you earned it. You had talent and worked very hard to get good eough to hold your spot and take your time on the field.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/13, 05:46 pm

PDub wrote:No, I believe it was stated over on previous threads before. RASE and Daglish don't share players. Two independent teams from each other. So the Super team thread that went on a few weeks back was put to rest right? Laughing Laughing

Two separate rosters

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 02/04/13, 06:08 pm

DTS had their chance against RASE last fall, they lost. DTS also knew which SDL division RASE was playing in this spring well before the registration deadline, and chose not to play with the big boys. Just keep quiet and wait for your next opportunity to play them and hope for a better outcome. But to come on here and say they are better is absurd. Just keep beating up on the DT City IIII, Solar Purple, and Liverpool "Insert random name here" of the world and be happy with being a very good team, probably even the best '04 team south of I-30.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/13, 06:32 pm

Dayyyummm...somebody had a bad day at work...too many beers...and/or infidelity issues at home...come on the discussion all angry...no one declared DTS was better than Rase...Sheesh...

Back to top Go down

Post by MrRogers 02/04/13, 06:38 pm

Soccer Po Boy wrote:DTS had their chance against RASE last fall, they lost. DTS also knew which SDL division RASE was playing in this spring well before the registration deadline, and chose not to play with the big boys. Just keep quiet and wait for your next opportunity to play them and hope for a better outcome. But to come on here and say they are better is absurd. Just keep beating up on the DT City IIII, Solar Purple, and Liverpool "Insert random name here" of the world and be happy with being a very good team, probably even the best '04 team south of I-30.

Let's get a few things straight.

1) As far as I can tell, I am the ONLY DTS poster in this thread.

2) I did not call out RASE nor did I say DTS was better than RASE or would beat RASE. I have said nothing about RASE up to this point. I will say that we look forward to playing them again.

3) The decision on where we would play was based on our coaches schedule and his 4 other teams, two of which are in LHGCL. We are not the only team he has nor is Coach Adames spending his hours each day worrying about when and where we can find RASE.

Seeing as he is without question the most successful academy coach in the Metroplex, and the fact we are getting better each week we will trust his judgment.

MrRogers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/13, 06:39 pm

MrRogers wrote:
Soccer Po Boy wrote:DTS had their chance against RASE last fall, they lost. DTS also knew which SDL division RASE was playing in this spring well before the registration deadline, and chose not to play with the big boys. Just keep quiet and wait for your next opportunity to play them and hope for a better outcome. But to come on here and say they are better is absurd. Just keep beating up on the DT City IIII, Solar Purple, and Liverpool "Insert random name here" of the world and be happy with being a very good team, probably even the best '04 team south of I-30.

Let's get a few things straight.

1) As far as I can tell, I am the ONLY DTS poster in this thread.

2) I did not call out RASE nor did I say DTS was better than RASE or would beat RASE. I have said nothing about RASE up to this point. I will say that we look forward to playing them again.

3) The decision on where we would play was based on our coaches schedule and his 4 other teams, two of which are in LHGCL. We are not the only team he has nor is Coach Adames spending his hours each day worrying about when and where we can find RASE.

Seeing as he is without question the most successful academy coach in the Metroplex, and the fact we are getting better each week we will trust his judgment.

Huh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/13, 06:46 pm

I think he was talking to poboy...all the cordially devised comments have come to an abrupt halt because one of the rowdy parents felt slighted...

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/04/13, 06:49 pm

he has a history of putting out succesful team from the south and no doubt he will put out another one
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 02/04/13, 08:45 pm

KixR4kidz wrote:Dayyyummm...somebody had a bad day at work...too many beers...and/or infidelity issues at home...come on the discussion all angry...no one declared DTS was better than Rase...Sheesh...

Not angry at all, just stating the facts. It was said earlier in this post that DTS would beat RASE if they played this season. I think that's absurd. Is that a crime for me to say that? Just like a few weeks ago when there was talk about RASE taking one of the two games versus Scott and I said that was crazy talk. I believe it was you who asked me, " so you're saying Scott has no chance at beating RASE?" My answer, "no chance at all". I guess I wasn't that far off. And im not far off on this.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/13, 08:51 pm

Did I? I forget...the only thing is...ur comments were directed towards DTS when the person who actually said sumthin similar wasn't a DTS parent...might have just been stirring the pot as theyy say

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 03/04/13, 01:43 pm

KixR4kidz wrote:Has Rase 05 played Clark yet?

Scheduled to play last game of the season 4/20..if they don't make a change to the schedule. Our team, Spirit North, was on the initial schedule to play them this weekend, but for some reason there was a change made to the schedule and they were replaced by another LP team.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 03/04/13, 04:52 pm

Oh my what rock have I been under. I thought this thread wa going nowhere. Ha ha. So what have I missed. Let me read through.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 03/04/13, 05:01 pm

Istanbul2005 wrote:The only game RASE will lose is the one where they split off into a 4v4 tournament and have to play each other in the final. Let's be honest.

Didn't someone before the season say something like DT Scott was going to beat RASE and that DT Scott is on the rise? Oops... silence.

Yea I saw that post and couldn't think of anything other than that post when I heard the outcome of the game.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 03/04/13, 05:06 pm

This is what happens when we don't have league play for 3 weeks. Well 4 if your doing tgpl.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 04/04/13, 01:50 pm

Not that anyone else probably cares, but all the DTS talk above just made me curious to ask why the folks at SDL didn't schedule Spirit North against DTS? We play everyone else they play (except RASE 05) as previously stated, and they play everyone else we play, but we don't get to play each other. I'm sure the reason has simply to do with the 8 game season, but that sucks. The outcome may not have been pretty for us, but would certainly have enjoyed watching the work of those speedy outside backs and the stopper with the great instinct on the ball mentioned previously. But that just be an adult talking, the kids likely could care less.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 04/04/13, 01:56 pm

RASE '05 is the only team we're not playing in SDL. We play DTS on Saturday. Probably wish we were playing RASE instead, but am interested in seeing skills stated above.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 04/04/13, 01:58 pm

soccerdad1969 wrote:RASE '05 is the only team we're not playing in SDL. We play DTS on Saturday. Probably wish we were playing RASE instead, but am interested in seeing skills stated above.

The DTS parents put on a better show than the kids. Get ready to hear the term "dirty south" a few times.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/04/13, 02:41 pm

Poboy...u got a personal gripe against dts don't u? Their parents only give the refs a hard time...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/04/13, 02:45 pm

Get it out...don't keep it suppressed...what did they do u mannn?

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 04/04/13, 02:46 pm

Don't know about '04 DTS, but we play '05 DTS Adames in PTCL and team and parents were good.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/04/13, 02:53 pm

04 DTS I've tagged along one or two games lastfall for tgpl...they beat the refs up but who doesn't...poboy hates dts...pay him no mind

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 04/04/13, 03:43 pm

I think saying I "hate" DTS is a little harsh. Do i enjoy watching them play? No. And that is because of their parents. The most appalling sideline behavior I have EVER seen during any game was by a group of DTS '04 parents.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 04/04/13, 03:49 pm

I must say I agree. They can be a bit harsh. They like it called one way and that's against the other team.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/04/13, 03:51 pm

Who doesn't?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 04/04/13, 03:53 pm

Unfortunately, the behavior I saw was aimed at their own kids. I'm used to the ref bashing, and even the back and forth between parents.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next