North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Did LHGCL ever vote on that "player pass" rule? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Did LHGCL ever vote on that "player pass" rule?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Did LHGCL ever vote on that "player pass" rule? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did LHGCL ever vote on that "player pass" rule?

Post by SD69 01/08/13, 12:04 pm

Big clubs won't have to resort to as many scholarships this way. One scholarship will go a long way if this rule is adopted.

SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Did LHGCL ever vote on that "player pass" rule? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did LHGCL ever vote on that "player pass" rule?

Post by Blank77 01/08/13, 12:06 pm

I really doubt it will change much of anything, just a bail out if a top team gets the injury bug. I can't see many top coaches letting difference makers from the top of d1 play in d2 and d3 games.
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 01/08/13, 12:44 pm

Well, again, the rules say that a player CANNOT play down, only up, which I think is the best case scenario. Very Happy 
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 01/08/13, 12:52 pm

InaB wrote:Well, again, the rules say that a player CANNOT play down, only up, which I think is the best case scenario. Very Happy 

Here is the wording someone posted on this topic:

-The club pass player may NOT play down from their own age group

I interpret that to saying that, for example, an '02 cannot play down an age group with and '03 team.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Joan Of Arc 01/08/13, 01:33 pm

Do not underestimate DM. He has big money and is connected. He wants his 03 to play up its gonna happen.
Joan Of Arc
Joan Of Arc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 01/08/13, 01:44 pm

His 03s playing up is not a problem....but playing up and back with the 03s, on occasion, that's where the Pass would be necessary
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/08/13, 03:28 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:His 03s playing up is not a problem....but playing up and back with the 03s, on occasion, that's where the Pass would be necessary
Get rid of the league rule prohibiting a U-11 from playing up. The "club pass rule" is a completely different animal and if it is allowed will have a significant impact on league results. I can hear the conversation right now. Coach says, "no Mrs Smith, we can't put those four ringers on the team this week, cause we might win the game and move into first place in the division and that just wouldn't be right". When pigs fly.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2028 01/08/13, 04:14 pm

soccerdad1969 wrote:
InaB wrote:Well, again, the rules say that a player CANNOT play down, only up, which I think is the best case scenario. Very Happy 

Here is the wording someone posted on this topic:

-The club pass player may NOT play down from their own age group

I interpret that to saying that, for example, an '02 cannot play down an age group with and '03 team.

You are exactly correct! It only says they cannot play down from their AGE. Does NOT say they cannot play down in competitive level. That was a the big argument and the reason the rule almost did not pass.
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 04/08/13, 11:59 am

Any update on whether LHGCL has decided on the rule yet?

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Just4kicks 04/08/13, 03:41 pm

I see PPL is not going to use the club pass rule any idea if LHGCL is going to use it?

Just4kicks
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemy02soccergrl 09/08/13, 08:59 am

Let's say they won't allow a player to play down in competition. What's to keep them from rostering the "stud" on the lower team and then have them play "up". The new marketing approach from the big clubs to the top players is how many games they can get them in during a week because of the number of teams they have in the league. This will evolve to a point where a small handful of "studs" will dominate playing time for a number of teams within the club while the rest stand in line to pay club dues to sit on the sideline and watch it happen.
lovemy02soccergrl
lovemy02soccergrl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 09/08/13, 10:40 am

lovemy02soccergrl wrote:Let's say they won't allow a player to play down in competition.  What's to keep them from rostering the "stud" on the lower team and then have them play "up".  The new marketing approach from the big clubs to the top players is how many games they can get them in during a week because of the number of teams they have in the league.  This will evolve to a point where a small handful of "studs" will dominate playing time for a number of teams within the club while the rest stand in line to pay club dues to sit on the sideline and watch it happen.
That's viable in the early years, but as school gets more demanding, and injuries get more common and severe, that approach is not going to fly very well. Besides, think about how many threads have been started on the subject of club coaches wanting to prevent their players from playing high school, etc., to prevent injury, prevent bad habits, etc. Why would they want their prize players exposed to a buch of hacks at a lower level.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 09/08/13, 02:36 pm

JeffM wrote:
lovemy02soccergrl wrote:Let's say they won't allow a player to play down in competition.  What's to keep them from rostering the "stud" on the lower team and then have them play "up".  The new marketing approach from the big clubs to the top players is how many games they can get them in during a week because of the number of teams they have in the league.  This will evolve to a point where a small handful of "studs" will dominate playing time for a number of teams within the club while the rest stand in line to pay club dues to sit on the sideline and watch it happen.
That's viable in the early years, but as school gets more demanding, and injuries get more common and severe, that approach is not going to fly very well.  Besides, think about how many threads have been started on the subject of club coaches wanting to prevent their players from playing high school, etc., to prevent injury, prevent bad habits, etc.  Why would they want their prize players exposed to a buch of hacks at a lower level.
yes, theirs a built in filter... seems to kick in at 7th grade when the additional sports start...many distractions and other activities in school. And the damn boys! Keep them away from my DD!

For HS soccer, it does not appear too bad at the varsity level, it the JV levels that really have me concerned.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 09/08/13, 04:43 pm

Hook It wrote:
JeffM wrote:
That's viable in the early years, but as school gets more demanding, and injuries get more common and severe, that approach is not going to fly very well.  Besides, think about how many threads have been started on the subject of club coaches wanting to prevent their players from playing high school, etc., to prevent injury, prevent bad habits, etc.  Why would they want their prize players exposed to a buch of hacks at a lower level.
yes, theirs a built in filter... seems to kick in at 7th grade when the additional sports start...many distractions and other activities in school.  And the damn boys!  Keep them away from my DD!For HS soccer, it does not appear too bad at the varsity level, it the JV levels that really have me concerned.
Fat Chance. If you are a man, you have been sentenced by the Almighty to suffer having boys pursue your daughter. You must deal with the fact that you KNOW why that kid is drooling while he's staring at your DD. The # of DDs you have is directly proportional to how big of a hound you were back in the day.

I have four DDs by the way.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 09/08/13, 05:28 pm

This may be the most brilliant post I've witnessed on this forum.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 10/08/13, 01:20 pm

soccerdad1969 wrote:This may be the most brilliant post I've witnessed on this forum.
Brillant! cheers king cheers 

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 10/08/13, 04:41 pm

JeffM wrote:
Hook It wrote:
JeffM wrote:
yes, theirs a built in filter... seems to kick in at 7th grade when the additional sports start...many distractions and other activities in school.  And the damn boys!  Keep them away from my DD!For HS soccer, it does not appear too bad at the varsity level, it the JV levels that really have me concerned.
Fat Chance.  If you are a man, you have been sentenced by the Almighty to suffer having boys pursue your daughter.  You must deal with the fact that you KNOW why that kid is drooling while he's staring at your DD.
Jeff, why do you have to be so MEAN. I value my ignorance. I supposed you don't believe in Santa Claus either.
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 10/08/13, 05:46 pm

Packrabbit wrote:
JeffM wrote:
Hook It wrote:
JeffM wrote:
Fat Chance.  If you are a man, you have been sentenced by the Almighty to suffer having boys pursue your daughter.  You must deal with the fact that you KNOW why that kid is drooling while he's staring at your DD.
Jeff, why do you have to be so MEAN. I value my ignorance. I supposed you don't believe in Santa Claus either.
Sorry. I forgot the blissful existence I had when the 1st DD was pre boys.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Type 1 left-footer 20/08/13, 10:40 am

what did LH decide then?
Type 1 left-footer
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 20/08/13, 10:55 am

They have not made a decision. They recently obtained additional input from coaches and DOCs.

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3