North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Why no mention of Texas Cup tournament? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Why no mention of Texas Cup tournament?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Why no mention of Texas Cup tournament? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why no mention of Texas Cup tournament?

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 12:11 pm

Soccapeeps wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:I think the top 5 (excluding RASE) are about even Steven...I think match ups and style of play have a contributing factor on the outcome of each game... No slight to RASE but I wish they would have stayed kicking 04 GIRLS around instead of those physical but less skilled boys...that's for my own selfish reasons...
No need to exclude Rase. They can be beaten by any of the top 3 teams. Saw them play last tourney and 3v3 this weekend and the other 04s girls are definitely catching up quickly.
I agree with you and they should come back and play against some girls in some tournaments. DTS, LFS and LP Daglish are catching up.

Back to top Go down

Why no mention of Texas Cup tournament? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why no mention of Texas Cup tournament?

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 01:43 pm

RunsLikeWind wrote:
Soccapeeps wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:I think the top 5 (excluding RASE) are about even Steven...I think match ups and style of play have a contributing factor on the outcome of each game... No slight to RASE but I wish they would have stayed kicking 04 GIRLS around instead of those physical but less skilled boys...that's for my own selfish reasons...
No need to exclude Rase. They can be beaten by any of the top 3 teams. Saw them play last tourney and 3v3 this weekend and the other 04s girls are definitely catching up quickly.
I agree with you and they should come back and play against some girls in some tournaments.  DTS, LFS and LP Daglish are catching up.  
"They should" .... Why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 02:16 pm

Master Bates wrote:
RunsLikeWind wrote:
Soccapeeps wrote:
I agree with you and they should come back and play against some girls in some tournaments.  DTS, LFS and LP Daglish are catching up.  
"They should" .... Why?
Because....it'd be nice to have them around...more the merrier.
Naw, believe it or not, I'm buying what PoBoy was selling in a previous post so I understand the reason behind the move and the stay.
With that being said...if they are spanking the boys and they aren't challenged by the girls...then whats next? it would be bad for marketing if they actually lost or was seriously challenged by an 04 girls team here in north Texas huh? Then that Hawaiian Punch may actually start tasting like Crystal Light.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 02:21 pm

kixR4Adults2 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
RunsLikeWind wrote:
Soccapeeps wrote:
"They should" .... Why?
Because....it'd be nice to have them around...more the merrier.
Naw, believe it or not, I'm buying what PoBoy was selling in a previous post so I understand the reason behind the move and the stay.
With that being said...if they are spanking the boys and they aren't challenged by the girls...then whats next? it would be bad for marketing if they actually lost or was seriously challenged by an 04 girls team here in north Texas huh? Then that Hawaiian Punch may actually start tasting like Crystal Light.
The problem is they are not spanking boys. They have lost to all the top boys teams and it would benefit the girls to play them. Since they have not played 04 girls in over a year, it is very likely the girls are closer to their level than a year ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 02:28 pm

I saw them dismantle a group of boys....but those boys did suck...wonder who the top boys teams are, I've been trying to research it...
Is be messed up if all the top 5 teams decided to go play boys too in search for challenges.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 02:31 pm

kixR4Adults2 wrote:I saw them dismantle a group of boys....but those boys did suck...wonder who the top boys teams are, I've been trying to research it...
Is be messed up if all the top 5 teams decided to go play boys too in search for challenges.
If you look at the boys forum and their rankings, RASE has not beat any of the top teams. The Primetime standings had them in 5.

They should play the girls because DTS, LFS, Daglish and others are great teams and deserve a chance for some good competition. You bring up a good point. How about the top 5 girls teams all join the boys league so we can get competition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 02:34 pm

It could happen, let the others get a taste of the revolving top 5 FBR ranking.

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 03/12/13, 02:47 pm

RunsLikeWind wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:I saw them dismantle a group of boys....but those boys did suck...wonder who the top boys teams are, I've been trying to research it...
If you look at the boys forum and their rankings, RASE has not beat any of the top teams.  The Primetime standings had them in 5.  

They should play the girls because DTS, LFS, Daglish and others are great teams and deserve a chance for some good competition.  You bring up a good point.  How about the top 5 girls teams all join the boys league so we can get competition.

In the past, RASE has repeatedly been compared to SRSA 03. What you mentioned above is the difference. SRSA regularly beat the top 03 boys teams. I believe they won the boys division, but I may be wrong. I think once RASE decides to wade back into the girls area, they will be surprised. Will they win, yes. Will they win easily? It's possible, but it will not be as easy as it was previously.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 02:53 pm

[quote="jsullivan81"]
RunsLikeWind wrote:
If you look at the boys forum and their rankings, RASE has not beat any of the top teams.  The Primetime standings had them in 5.  

They should play the girls because DTS, LFS, Daglish and others are great teams and deserve a chance for some good competition.  You bring up a good point.  How about the top 5 girls teams all join the boys league so we can get competition.

In the past, RASE has repeatedly been compared to SRSA 03. What you mentioned above is the difference. SRSA regularly beat the top 03 boys teams. I believe they won the boys division, but I may be wrong. I think once RASE decides to wade back into the girls area, they will be surprised. Will they win, yes. Will they win easily? It's possible, but it will not be as easy as it was previously.[/quote

Wrong, they never even won a silver division tourney, go99 has stated this before.
SRSA did not beat top boys teams. RASE has beaten a top 5 boys team and others in top ten. Check it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 02:57 pm

jsullivan81 wrote:
RunsLikeWind wrote:

In the past, RASE has repeatedly been compared to SRSA 03. What you mentioned above is the difference. SRSA regularly beat the top 03 boys teams. I believe they won the boys division, but I may be wrong. I think once RASE decides to wade back into the girls area, they will be surprised. Will they win, yes. Will they win easily? It's possible, but it will not be as easy as it was previously.
Looking back at past scores looks like Scott was on their hiney...3-0 vs the 7-0 whipping RASE gave them the 1st time seems like a step in the right direction, they are the only team SIZE wise I think matches up with RASE...and SRSA waited til Spring season before select to play boys, RASE went in the fall...excellent marketing strategy if ya ask me. But I wouldnt be surprised if other teams play boys on Sunday and girls on Saturday this upcoming season for a physical challenge going into select.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 03:00 pm

Master Bates wrote:
jsullivan81 wrote:
RunsLikeWind wrote:

In the past, RASE has repeatedly been compared to SRSA 03. What you mentioned above is the difference. SRSA regularly beat the top 03 boys teams. I believe they won the boys division, but I may be wrong. I think once RASE decides to wade back into the girls area, they will be surprised. Will they win, yes. Will they win easily? It's possible, but it will not be as easy as it was previously.[/quote

Wrong, they never even won a silver division tourney, go99 has stated this before.
SRSA did not beat top boys teams. RASE has beaten a top 5 boys team and others in top ten. Check it out.
Tried to check it out and did not find they beat a top 5 boys team based upon the one posters rankings in the boys forum. 4theluvogthegame had them only beating LP Rase boys who are barely a top 10 boys team. That could be wrong, but is the boys forum ranking.

Would be nice to have them back playing girls and it would not be a waste of their time. The top girls teams have gotten much better in the last year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 03:06 pm

How do coaches with 2 teams same age group pull that off with parents?..I know we can be hell when it comes to our kids!!

Dad:Hey coach, ya see that goal DD hammered the other day?
Coach: yeah, was a nice one....
Dad: think she ready to move on up to the other squad?
Coach: welllll, I don't rightly knooowww Wink scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 03/12/13, 03:13 pm

SRSA did not beat the top boys teams either. And now in the 03's the rest of the teams aren't catching SRSA, they lost 2 of their best players. Losing 2 studs seems to have brought the other teams closer but still not beating them. One of the big problems for a top team like that is staying together. Lose a top kid oe two and RASE will take a step back too
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 03:15 pm

RunsLikeWind wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
jsullivan81 wrote:
RunsLikeWind wrote:

Tried to check it out and did not find they beat a top 5 boys team based upon the one posters rankings in the boys forum.  4theluvogthegame had them only beating LP Rase boys who are barely a top 10 boys team.  That could be wrong, but is the boys forum ranking.  

Would be nice to have them back playing girls and it would not be a waste of their time.  The top girls teams have gotten much better in the last year.

They beat Rosales boys in a tourney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 03:19 pm

go99 wrote:SRSA did not beat the top boys teams either.  And now in the 03's the rest of the teams aren't catching SRSA, they lost 2 of their best players.  Losing 2 studs seems to have brought the other teams closer but still not beating them.  One of the big problems for a top team like that is staying together.  Lose a top kid oe two and RASE will take a step back too
Based on my understanding is that generally teams won't be fully solidified until they reach U14 and higher... these teams will likely fall apart, rebuild, fall apart and rebuild a number of times between now and then. Other teams will acquire these studs and move those teams in closer. Some top teams will completely implode due to egos, etc. So based on my understanding of the landscape of sports in general, unless you play in High School Soccer, your team is likely going to be completely different by the time you reach that age or may not exist at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 03:23 pm

Master Bates wrote:
RunsLikeWind wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
jsullivan81 wrote:
RunsLikeWind wrote:

Tried to check it out and did not find they beat a top 5 boys team based upon the one posters rankings in the boys forum.  4theluvogthegame had them only beating LP Rase boys who are barely a top 10 boys team.  That could be wrong, but is the boys forum ranking.  

Would be nice to have them back playing girls and it would not be a waste of their time.  The top girls teams have gotten much better in the last year.

They beat Rosales boys in a tourney
OK. They are ranked highly on the boys site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 03:30 pm

RASE '04 is coming back to play girls...

The USWNT team has invited them to be the "scout" team in some scrimmages in late Jan. to help the WNT prepare for their match against Canada.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 03:32 pm

go99 wrote:SRSA did not beat the top boys teams either.  And now in the 03's the rest of the teams aren't catching SRSA, they lost 2 of their best players.  Losing 2 studs seems to have brought the other teams closer but still not beating them.  One of the big problems for a top team like that is staying together.  Lose a top kid oe two and RASE will take a step back too
OR....what if a contender gets 2 top players from another team...that's GONNA happen...aside from skills, these girls attitudes are changing...my DD like bring it on!! Down 3 scores no telling who she might cleat....I'm.just.kidding!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 03/12/13, 03:43 pm

Nice to be reminded what happens when someone mentions RASE might possibly be mortal.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 03:47 pm

jsullivan81 wrote:Nice to be reminded what happens when someone mentions RASE might possibly be mortal.
Two people come on here and offer facts? Hardly anything different to other people defending their own clubs.

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 03/12/13, 03:49 pm

Do you guys have alerts set up? Anytime someone types in RASE, text messages go out, sky writers take to the air, the national guard is activated?

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 03:51 pm

jsullivan81 wrote:Do you guys have alerts set up? Anytime someone types in RASE, text messages go out, sky writers take to the air, the national guard is activated?
That's right, deflect your misinformation on us!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 03:55 pm

it's rarely if ever the RASE parents that act up...its the instigators and those that want in that get the fire going...I've been around long enough to recognise that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 03:59 pm

kixR4Adults2 wrote:it's rarely if ever the RASE parents that act up...its the instigators and those that want in that get the fire going...
You're right. I would say there's 4 or 5 girls teams that would play RASE close. I still think RASE would beat these teams by 3 or 4 maybe more simply because they will create way more chances. Also their defense is strongest out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by ballboy 03/12/13, 04:07 pm

Master Bates wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:it's rarely if ever the RASE parents that act up...its the instigators and those that want in that get the fire going...
You're right. I would say there's 4 or 5 girls teams that would play RASE close. I still think RASE would beat these teams by 3 or 4 maybe more simply because they will create way more chances. Also their defense is strongest out there.

RASE is at least 5-0 better than any other team in our group.

ballboy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 04:12 pm

They ain't beating DTS by 5...sorry...I said it...bet my drinking money on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next