North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Why no mention of Texas Cup tournament? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Why no mention of Texas Cup tournament?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Why no mention of Texas Cup tournament? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why no mention of Texas Cup tournament?

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 04:12 pm

They ain't beating DTS by 5...sorry...I said it...bet my drinking money on it.

Back to top Go down

Why no mention of Texas Cup tournament? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why no mention of Texas Cup tournament?

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 03/12/13, 04:59 pm

kixR4Adults2 wrote:
go99 wrote:SRSA did not beat the top boys teams either.  And now in the 03's the rest of the teams aren't catching SRSA, they lost 2 of their best players.  Losing 2 studs seems to have brought the other teams closer but still not beating them.  One of the big problems for a top team like that is staying together.  Lose a top kid oe two and RASE will take a step back too
OR....what if a contender gets 2 top players from another team...that's GONNA happen...aside from skills, these girls attitudes are changing...my DD like bring it on!! Down 3 scores no telling who she might cleat....I'm.just.kidding!!
I believe this is might be the closest perspective I've read to beating RASE at this point. There will have to be merging of teams or multiple better players joining a team. Not to disrespect any teams but as simply as other teams players are getting better, what's to a say RASE girls are not doing the same??
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Conjigulations 03/12/13, 05:33 pm

RunslikeWind wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
RunslikeWind wrote:
In the past, RASE has repeatedly been compared to SRSA 03. What you mentioned above is the difference. SRSA regularly beat the top 03 boys teams. I believe they won the boys division, but I may be wrong. I think once RASE decides to wade back into the girls area, they will be surprised. Will they win, yes. Will they win easily? It's possible, but it will not be as easy as it was previously.
Wrong, they never even won a silver division tourney, go99 has stated this before.
SRSA did not beat top boys teams. RASE has beaten a top 5 boys team and others in top ten. Check it out. Tried to check it out and did not find they beat a top 5 boys team based upon the one posters rankings in the boys forum.  4theluvogthegame had them only beating LP Rase boys who are barely a top 10 boys team.  That could be wrong, but is the boys forum ranking.  

They beat Rosales boys in a tourney
OK.  They are ranked highly on the boys site.  
If I'm recalling that tourney correctly, the Rosales boys team was missing their stud. (I was told he was at a Real Madrid youth training event in Spain. True?) A player like that could have changed the result. Not trying to take anything away from RASE, but losing a key player does make a difference to any team, as go99 said.

Conjigulations
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 03/12/13, 06:15 pm

Master Bates wrote:
jsullivan81 wrote:Do you guys have alerts set up? Anytime someone types in RASE, text messages go out, sky writers take to the air, the national guard is activated?
That's right, deflect your misinformation on us!
Darn.. you caught my attempt to deflect. I shall refrain from doing this in the future.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/13, 06:29 pm

Conjigulations wrote:
RunslikeWind wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
RunslikeWind wrote:
In the past, RASE has repeatedly been compared to SRSA 03. What you mentioned above is the difference. SRSA regularly beat the top 03 boys teams. I believe they won the boys division, but I may be wrong. I think once RASE decides to wade back into the girls area, they will be surprised. Will they win, yes. Will they win easily? It's possible, but it will not be as easy as it was previously.
Wrong, they never even won a silver division tourney, go99 has stated this before.
SRSA did not beat top boys teams. RASE has beaten a top 5 boys team and others in top ten. Check it out. Tried to check it out and did not find they beat a top 5 boys team based upon the one posters rankings in the boys forum.  4theluvogthegame had them only beating LP Rase boys who are barely a top 10 boys team.  That could be wrong, but is the boys forum ranking.  

They beat Rosales boys in a tourney
OK.  They are ranked highly on the boys site.  
If I'm recalling that tourney correctly, the Rosales boys team was missing their stud. (I was told he was at a Real Madrid youth training event in Spain. True?) A player like that could have changed the result. Not trying to take anything away from RASE, but losing a key player does make a difference to any team, as go99 said.
I guess you could say the same for the girls when one of their studs have been missing and they've lost? On that basis they would have beaten more of the boys teams I'm guessing?

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 04/12/13, 09:08 am

I believe all of the teams are getting better. Fact is RASE has done no worse if not a little better than SRSA did against boys. The top girls teams are not running around beating the top boys teams. it doesn't happen. Way back when my BB was in academy they had a couple of girls teams that could do okay until they got to the top teams. And the idea that while everyone else has improved, RASE is just standing still twiddling their thumbs playing with barbie dolls is laughable. I have no doubt rase can put 5 on DTS. Will they? Probably not. At the end of the day the coach really is a nice guy. He will play the entire roster, move kids around to various positions etc. He is not the step on your opponents neck, drive your squad to decimate all before you. Look at solar 03 castro boys. They will probably set a record for goals scored during a season. But they are driven, not to just win but to dominate.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/12/13, 09:21 am

go99 wrote:I believe all of the teams are getting better.  Fact is RASE has done no worse if not a little better than SRSA did against boys.  The top girls teams are not running around beating the top boys teams. it doesn't happen.  Way back when my BB was in academy they had a couple of girls teams that could do okay until they got to the top teams.  And the idea that while everyone else has improved, RASE is just standing still twiddling their thumbs playing with barbie dolls is laughable.  I have no doubt rase can put 5 on DTS.  Will they?  Probably not.  At the end of the day the coach really is a nice guy.  He will play the entire roster, move kids around to various positions etc.  He is not the step on your opponents neck, drive your squad to decimate all before you.  Look at solar 03 castro boys.  They will probably set a record for goals scored during a season.  But they are driven, not to just win but to dominate.
Scoring 5 and winning by 5 are two different things...I don't see it happening (winning by 5). Call it wishful thinking, call it biased, call it what you want but its just my personal opinion and anything that hasnt happened can't be guaranteed right? BUT....they have to see each other within the next few months no less and all eyes will be on the outcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 04/12/13, 09:27 am

I doubt they will see each other in the next few months. I would expect that summer before qualifying RASE to play 1 or 2 of the most competitive tournaments to get ready for qualifying. It would be up to DTS from that point to make sure they also register in the most competitive tournaments
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/12/13, 09:34 am

When I say months I mean less than a year basically...

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 04/12/13, 09:36 am

Having recently watched several of the top teams play, I would say the best chance for a team that can run in the tier that RASE has established would be a brand new super team that is lurking on the horizon.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/12/13, 09:36 am

They have earned the right to be selective in competition and the Target on them is big...I just don't think every team is willing to even take a shot.

Even a super team is at a disadvantage because of chemistry.

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 04/12/13, 09:42 am

kixR4Adults2 wrote:They have earned the right to be selective in competition and the Target on them is big...I just don't think every team is willing to even take a shot.

Even a super team is at a disadvantage because of chemistry.
Chemistry will come... Make top 10 in LH in Summer 2014 and and you won't even see RASE until Spring 2015 based on how I understand the schedule to lay out for Lake Highlands...
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 04/12/13, 09:44 am

The target is huge. Hopefully the girls and coach understand that. Every game you play will be THE game. My BB's first year in select they had a dominant team that every team geared up for. That if we could only get 1 win we want it against that team. Coach let's them get lazy, let's them get soft, not hungry, and expect to win because they showed up, and someone will put them in their place. If RASE does not stay as hungry as say DTS it will be the beginning of their downfall and everyone will dance on the teams and coaches bones.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 04/12/13, 11:00 am

kixR4Adults2 wrote:
go99 wrote:I believe all of the teams are getting better.  Fact is RASE has done no worse if not a little better than SRSA did against boys.  The top girls teams are not running around beating the top boys teams. it doesn't happen.  Way back when my BB was in academy they had a couple of girls teams that could do okay until they got to the top teams.  And the idea that while everyone else has improved, RASE is just standing still twiddling their thumbs playing with barbie dolls is laughable.  I have no doubt rase can put 5 on DTS.  Will they?  Probably not.  At the end of the day the coach really is a nice guy.  He will play the entire roster, move kids around to various positions etc.  He is not the step on your opponents neck, drive your squad to decimate all before you.  Look at solar 03 castro boys.  They will probably set a record for goals scored during a season.  But they are driven, not to just win but to dominate.
Scoring 5 and winning by 5 are two different things...I don't see it happening (winning by 5). Call it wishful thinking, call it biased, call it what you want but its just my personal opinion and anything that hasnt happened can't be guaranteed right? BUT....they have to see each other within the next few months no less and all eyes will be on the outcome.
One thing DTS has going is defense but there are some inconsistencies with their defense at times.  I don't believe you could say that about RASE when it came to playing on the girls side.. Go back and do the research on forum

Prime example:

Plano Labor Day

LP Barnes -- 2 ; DTS -- 0

Texas Cup:  

TX Spirit -- 3; DTS -- 3 (5)

Not hating on TX Spirit nor LP Barnes but they don't have near all the scoring threats as RASE.  DTS most recent tournament (last week) gave up 3 GOALS not one but 3 GOALS to TX Spirit and you don't believe RASE won't do the same or MORE!!!  C'Mon MAN!!!

It basically comes down to DTS plays RASE head up and get Solar'd or DTS parks the bus... My best bet, it's the second!!

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 04/12/13, 11:31 am

Any of this talk is just crazy. Until one of these teams can consistently dominate the others in the top 10, why even waste the time. I have to agree with Go, they could win by 5 against any other team. And if LW let them, they could win by 10. As far a me questioning LW playing 2nd tier boys, that was in reference to Dalglish.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/12/13, 11:31 am

DTS don't park buses or any vehicles for that matter...you mention Barnes in tournament...hot a$$ plano tournament and they even beat LFS...Barnes couldn't even handle FCD Premier twice this season and DTS beat Barnes 3-0 so ok...as mentioned before they don't do well in tournaments...And as far as Spirit is concerned...they kind of have Spirits number 7-1 last season 3-1 Plano and 5-3 TX cup...but...ask a DTS parent what was missing that game...on defense.
Just saying...no excuses...but you used two games has a reference point I'm just saying what if the consistent defense shows up I don't think they lose by 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 04/12/13, 11:33 am

kixR4Adults2 wrote:DTS don't park buses or any vehicles for that matter...you mention Barnes in tournament...hot a$$ plano tournament and they even beat LFS...Barnes couldn't even handle FCD Premier twice this season and DTS beat Barnes 3-0 so ok...as mentioned before they don't do well in tournaments...And as far as Spirit is concerned...they kind of have Spirits number 7-1 last season 3-1 Plano and 5-3 TX cup...but...ask a DTS parent what was missing that game...on defense.
Just saying...no excuses...but you used two games has a reference point I'm just saying what if the consistent defense shows up I don't think they lose by 5

Why do we need to ask a DTS parent?? Can't you just tell us?
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/12/13, 11:36 am

Soccer Po Boy wrote:Any of this talk is just crazy.  Until one of these teams can consistently dominate the others in the top 10, why even waste the time.   I have to agree with Go, they could win by 5 against any other team.  And if LW let them, they could win by 10.   As far a me questioning LW playing 2nd tier boys, that was in reference to Dalglish.  
well LW must not like JK....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/12/13, 11:39 am

Soccer Po Boy wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:DTS don't park buses or any vehicles for that matter...you mention Barnes in tournament...hot a$$ plano tournament and they even beat LFS...Barnes couldn't even handle FCD Premier twice this season and DTS beat Barnes 3-0 so ok...as mentioned before they don't do well in tournaments...And as far as Spirit is concerned...they kind of have Spirits number 7-1 last season 3-1 Plano and 5-3 TX cup...but...ask a DTS parent what was missing that game...on defense.
Why do we need to ask a DTS parent??  Can't you just tell us?
YOU don't have ask a DTS parent anything...I was conversing with 4thalove.
YOU shouldn't ask lol...

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 04/12/13, 11:48 am

kixR4Adults2 wrote:
Soccer Po Boy wrote:
YOU shouldn't ask lol...

So let make sure I have this straight. Just in case the schedule makers for the "Match of the Century" are reading this, please don't schedule this match during a tournament.....or when it's hot outside. Is that what I am to take from all of your "no excuses"?
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 04/12/13, 11:51 am

Soccer Po Boy wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:
Soccer Po Boy wrote:
YOU shouldn't ask lol...
So let make sure I have this straight.  Just in case the schedule makers for the "Match of the Century" are reading this, please don't schedule this match during a tournament.....or when it's hot outside.  Is that what I am to take from all of your "no excuses"?
I agree with you Po!!  Isn't qualifying for LH a tournament as we'll. So DTS don't do well in touneys.

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 04/12/13, 11:59 am

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Soccer Po Boy wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:
Soccer Po Boy wrote:
YOU shouldn't ask lol...
So let make sure I have this straight.  Just in case the schedule makers for the "Match of the Century" are reading this, please don't schedule this match during a tournament.....or when it's hot outside.  Is that what I am to take from all of your "no excuses"?
I agree with you Po!!  Isn't qualifying for LH a tournament as we'll. So DTS don't do well in touneys.
Man, you're right, it's a tournament AND it's going to be hot outside. Oh no, I wonder if they'll even be able to be D1?
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/12/13, 12:07 pm

They might not lol...but...if you can use the scores from 2 tournament games to support your reasoning behind them not fairing well against RASE then I can use circumstances to support my reasoning on why they would do ok. Or is that not possible or allowed? Does it violate some "dont doubt RASE outloud" ordinance on this board? I must have broken the L.A.W....Love All things Weddall..

Last edited by kixR4Adults2 on 04/12/13, 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/12/13, 12:14 pm

Man I'm tripping....I'm going in with a Dalglish parent and I think a sting east parent...both anti DTS...
Both of yall have a right to take your stance...well justified. I must have gotten 4dalove confused with another poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 04/12/13, 12:46 pm

I not going to sit hear debate by what my dd's will and will not do against RASE. I just HOPE it will be competitive!!

Kix you have the passion and believe me, I do too. Never do I want to see my dd's teams be ran through the ground but I'm realistic. DTS winning and losing and winning against top 10 teams may have clouded your censers. One thing for sure, I know the difference between an above average team and a better than above average team, Elite (Not saying RASE is) and there is a separation between DTS & RASE at this time.

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/12/13, 12:54 pm

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:I not going to sit hear debate by what my dd's will and will not do against RASE. I just HOPE it will be competitive!!

Kix you have the passion and believe me, I do too. Never do I want to see my dd's teams be ran through the ground but I'm realistic. DTS winning and losing and winning against top 10 teams may have clouded your censers.  One thing for sure, I know the difference between an above average team and a better than above average team, Elite (Not saying RASE is) and there is a separation between DTS & RASE at this time.
Naww...I think there is too...but, how much as compared to let's say a Spirit North? And consider matchups... Just the variables of the game period.
For an example...RASE gave Scott a 7-0 whipping then came back and it was only 3-0... So if RASE scored 5 on DTS I think it would be at least 5-1/5-2/3-0 maybe...nothing is for certain....just my humbled OPINION.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next