North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Who Will Be The First To Use Player Pass? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Who Will Be The First To Use Player Pass?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Who Will Be The First To Use Player Pass? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Will Be The First To Use Player Pass?

Post by backofthenet 20/03/14, 12:16 pm

cheers cheers cheers 

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Who Will Be The First To Use Player Pass? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Will Be The First To Use Player Pass?

Post by Guest 20/03/14, 12:22 pm

backofthenet wrote:
bwgophers wrote: We'll see...  I'm still sticking to my guns that the "abuse" of CPP in LHGCL league play is not going to be nearly as much as many on here predict.  

Curious then....How much is considered acceptable? How much is considered too much?

I know you're not in favor, but I like this discussion so I'm responding to your statement above.

Zero abuse is acceptable. Can zero abuse be achieved? Not likely under the current scenario.

Will some kids get hurt? Probably.

Could it also be taken as the message/catalyst that they should be looking for a better situation? Probably.

The scenario isn't really much different than a kid getting cut from a team... it sucks, but it's also part and parcel of participating in "select" sports. There's better and worse ways to handle that, just as there will be better and worse ways to handle CPP.

Will the "abuse" be so rampant as to undermine the integrity of LHGCL? I highly doubt it.

Will a club actually be able to successfully alter the bye situation of a team using CPP? It's possible, but IMO, the probability is extremely low. If it were to happen, it would suck, but I don't think it will.

In the end, most will realize that the low probability of successfully altering the course of a team using CPP, coupled with the high probability of alienating current players/parents, destroying team chemistry, eroding players faith in their coach, etc., won't be worth it, so they won't do it unless there is a "legitimate" reason (i.e. injury).

Back to top Go down

Post by goodsport 20/03/14, 12:24 pm

Ok, here is a confusing question...

What if you have an API or Plano player that is going to player pass with a LHGCL team, can they play in both games (API and LHGCL) on the same day since they are different leagues?

API/Plano do not have the CPP rule so they are unable to deactivate the player on their roster.

goodsport
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 20/03/14, 12:33 pm

That would be NTX question.... I think.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashmuka 20/03/14, 05:00 pm

Bottom line is the Player Pass rule is ridiculous and should never be allowed. It will only be used to gain an advantage for the clubs with multiple teams in an age bracket. That is the only reason to use it, to gain an advantage. How is it fair to the clubs that don't have more than one team in an age group? Someone enlighten me. Let me know when a club uses the Player pass to pull a player up from D3 or Plano. LMAO! It will never happen. I always love it when we show up to play a team that we beat in the past and what happens? Here come 3 of their ECNL players rolling out on the field. Wonder why they would do that? To gain an advantage? Course it could be because the ECNL players they use aren't getting enough playing time and the coach doesn't want to derail the money train. My two cents.
Vashmuka
Vashmuka
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 20/03/14, 07:59 pm

bwgophers wrote:
backofthenet wrote:
bwgophers wrote: We'll see...  I'm still sticking to my guns that the "abuse" of CPP in LHGCL league play is not going to be nearly as much as many on here predict.  

Curious then....How much is considered acceptable? How much is considered too much?

I know you're not in favor, but I like this discussion so I'm responding to your statement above.

Zero abuse is acceptable.  Can zero abuse be achieved?  Not likely under the current scenario.

Will some kids get hurt?  Probably.

Could it also be taken as the message/catalyst that they should be looking for a better situation?  Probably.

The scenario isn't really much different than a kid getting cut from a team... it sucks, but it's also part and parcel of participating in "select" sports.  There's better and worse ways to handle that, just as there will be better and worse ways to handle CPP.

Will the "abuse" be so rampant as to undermine the integrity of LHGCL?  I highly doubt it.

Will a club actually be able to successfully alter the bye situation of a team using CPP?  It's possible, but IMO, the probability is extremely low.  If it were to happen, it would suck, but I don't think it will.

In the end, most will realize that the low probability of successfully altering the course of a team using CPP, coupled with the high probability of alienating current players/parents, destroying team chemistry, eroding players faith in their coach, etc., won't be worth it, so they won't do it unless there is a "legitimate" reason (i.e. injury).

BW, Well put, nice job. Now, Can you help me calm my youngest' irrational fear of the boogie man??

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/03/14, 08:33 pm

Packrabbit wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
backofthenet wrote:

Zero abuse is acceptable.  Can zero abuse be achieved?  Not likely under the current scenario.

Will some kids get hurt?  Probably.

Could it also be taken as the message/catalyst that they should be looking for a better situation?  Probably.

The scenario isn't really much different than a kid getting cut from a team... it sucks, but it's also part and parcel of participating in "select" sports.  There's better and worse ways to handle that, just as there will be better and worse ways to handle CPP.

Will the "abuse" be so rampant as to undermine the integrity of LHGCL?  I highly doubt it.

Will a club actually be able to successfully alter the bye situation of a team using CPP?  It's possible, but IMO, the probability is extremely low.  If it were to happen, it would suck, but I don't think it will.

BW, Well put, nice job. Now, Can you help me calm my youngest' irrational fear of the boogie man??

Just block his/her access to txsoccer.net. That ought to do it right there...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/03/14, 08:52 pm

"Zero abuse is acceptable.  Can zero abuse be achieved?  Not likely under the current scenario."

I agree.

Has the rule been used? Clearly, yes. Has the rule altered game results? I say yes.

Has anyone heard of anyone using a lower level player, playing up? I haven't.  All the instances I've heard of are higher level players, playing down. All of them.  Let's hear some more baloney about giving players an opportunity to compete at a higher level. Let's hear some more garbage about the "spirit of the rule".  

The only question I now have is, will anyone be able to alter their final position in the league standings by twisting this rule and it's sacred spirit into a pretzel?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/03/14, 09:30 pm

I can't confirm directly, but I have been told that there is an '01 D1 team that has been using an '02 D1 player under CPP to help with an injury situation. That would be considered playing up.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 20/03/14, 09:59 pm

If it's all about development, and wins shouldn't matter, wouldn't it be good for the DD's to play with and against higher level players? Kinda silly to have a thread bashing all that's wrong with ntx. soccer, complaining about clubs and coaches being only concerned with relegation/promotion, and on another thread all PARENTS are concerned with is promtion/relegation.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 20/03/14, 10:26 pm

SG will be using a PPL GK with the rule...

I understand and spoke out against the rule when it was initially floated...I agree with your assessment regarding the potential for abuse.

Maybe you or others feel that we are using it incorrectly, but I honestly feel that using a field player IN THAT POSITION can not only cost the team, but could be dangerous. GKs get injured all the time, and putting a girl who will try to make saves without REALLY being able to train her for the goal can put her in a situation that can cause an injury (to both teams perhaps). For the same reason you see top players get injured playing against less skilled opponents, imagine a full speed collision with a player unaccustomed to defending herself in that situation...

Again, I see your point on the potential for abuse, but I think that a forward crashing a GK expecting a slide might be spared an injury as much as a girl playing GK who doesn't slide might be injured...

I can't defend pulling DOWN a player in order to win a game or two, and if I felt WE were doing that, my dd would be looking for a team. My family (and the teams we play for) won't play illegal players or cheat. Period...but I think some teams will use the rule (to their benefit of course), but with all good intentions overall.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3