North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

NTFC 06 top bracket prediction - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

NTFC 06 top bracket prediction

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

NTFC 06 top bracket prediction - Page 5 Empty Re: NTFC 06 top bracket prediction

Post by futbollove 18/11/14, 10:12 am

I wanna play.

Selecao
---------------------
Sting Black, Kicks N
---------------------
Pulp, Solar Red, Tulsa, Triumph, Moreno
---------------------
Abbott, Kicks JM, Texans South, Scarfone

futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

NTFC 06 top bracket prediction - Page 5 Empty Re: NTFC 06 top bracket prediction

Post by SkeetsG06 18/11/14, 10:35 am

futbollove wrote:I wanna play.

Selecao
---------------------
Sting Black, Kicks N
---------------------
---------------------

Shocked

Really Sting B is at least 3-0 vs. K. North

SkeetsG06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa 18/11/14, 11:06 am

I'll play 2, since there hasn't been a recent FBR.

Top 5:
Kicks Selecao
---
Sting Black
---
Kicks North, Solar Red, Solar Pulp...I'd put Tulsa with these 3

& more 2-0 or 3-1 is my guess, skeets...based on their game against one another 9/14 & common losses to Kicks Selecao (Magenta).

05GKdad_Tulsa
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 18/11/14, 11:10 am

SkeetsG06 wrote:
futbollove wrote:I wanna play.

Selecao
---------------------
Sting Black, Kicks N
---------------------
---------------------

Shocked

Really Sting B is at least 3-0 vs. K. North

I simply put teams in "tiers" if you will. Not really giving a # ranking. I believe each team in each tier can beat each other any given day. And some teams can even beat another team in a "tier" above them any given day.
So are you saying Kicks N is not even in the same "tier" as Sting B?
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/11/14, 11:13 am

coachdom23 wrote:I was TD for the NTFC Fall Challenge.  I was told that Sting Black registered for both tournaments.  I don't know if it was on accident or on purpose.  At the time, I had 6 teams in the Gold division of NTFC and my good friends running the Copa ESPN needed Sting Black to round out their division... problem solved.  

I did not object to Sting Black pulling out of NTFC, but that decision bit me in the butt when Sting Scarfone Blue called and asked to move from Gold to Silver.  They claimed it was a mix of their Blue and White teams and not a true representation of their Blue team.   Figuring I could find a team to replace them in Gold, I moved Sting Scarfone Blue to Silver.  Unfortunately, I could not find a team to replace them... lesson learned.

I am glad TSC had success at Copa ESPN.  The more Oklahoma teams that come down to NTX for tournaments, the better.  Next time, I hope they choose my tournament (NTFC Summer Classic or one of my PrimeTime Sports tournaments), but I always believe that coaches have to choose leagues and tournaments that are the best fit for their teams.  I wish so many teams wouldn't wait until the last 3 days before the deadline to make their decision, but that is a different topic.

On a side note, I witnessed the birth of the Copa ESPN from the inside as part of my short time with U90C before Copa ESPN and U90C parted ways.  I like the Copa ESPN model and glad their tournament was successful.  I hope their national championship at Disney turns out to be a big deal.  I have freely given advice to the guys running Copa ESPN and know that they want to put on quality events.  I do not begrudge any team from choosing Copa ESPN over NTFC.  I had enough fields to handle our 425 teams.  There are enough teams in NTX, OK, and STX for BOTH tournaments to grow, next year.

I've got it:

Nicole, Dom
-----------------
All other league/tourney directors

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/11/14, 11:15 am

I think any top 5-8 team is tier 1. We saw that with Tulsa this weekend.

Its also common knowledge that Kicks North would not be the team that they are with the 2 Selecao girls. That should not allow Kicks North to even be in the top 5. IMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 18/11/14, 11:47 am

Big Chill wrote:I think any top 5-8 team is tier 1. We saw that with Tulsa this weekend.

Its also common knowledge that Kicks North would not be the team that they are with the 2 Selecao girls. That should not allow Kicks North to even be in the top 5. IMHO
I must disagree on 5-8 being Tier 1. There is clear separation between 1-4, maybe 5. Can 6-8 beat one of these teams?, sure, just not on a consistent basis.
As to the Kicks North situation, I'm not familiar enough with the rosters to comment.
But I will say, if you exclude Kicks N because of 2 players that play with Selecao, then you have to exclude any team that ever uses "guess" players. Imagine what that ranking will look like! affraid

Last edited by futbollove on 18/11/14, 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/11/14, 11:49 am

Im the guy that actually has them in Tiers for FBR. Twisted Evil

Without the proper Tier groupings FBR doesnt work.

Back to top Go down

Post by KicksNation 18/11/14, 12:02 pm

Big Chill wrote:I think any top 5-8 team is tier 1. We saw that with Tulsa this weekend.

you see here is where it becomes evident you know crap of what you speak. While the team as a whole is pretty freaking good, the "2 Selecao girls" are home teamed Kicks North players that also play for Selecao. Additionally, i would rank the Kicks North goalie as one of, if not the, best in the 06 group (and no she is not my dd). but hey don't let facts interfere with your posts.

KicksNation
KicksNation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 18/11/14, 12:11 pm

KicksNation wrote:

you see here is where it becomes evident you know crap of what you speak.  While the team as a whole is pretty freaking good, the "2 Selecao girls" are home teamed Kicks North players that also play for Selecao.  Additionally, i would rank the Kicks North goalie as one of, if not the, best in the 06 group (and no she is not my dd).  but hey don't let facts interfere with your posts.

So you're saying Selecao isn't the team we think they are Question
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KicksNation 18/11/14, 12:28 pm

futbollove wrote:
KicksNation wrote:

you see here is where it becomes evident you know crap of what you speak.  While the team as a whole is pretty freaking good, the "2 Selecao girls" are home teamed Kicks North players that also play for Selecao.  Additionally, i would rank the Kicks North goalie as one of, if not the, best in the 06 group (and no she is not my dd).  but hey don't let facts interfere with your posts.

How the hell do you draw that conclusion from what I posted? At the CFBAL platinum level, the level that Kicks North plays at, two players do not make the team, as two players can not hold off the top level competition alone that is faced. Off course they have a material impact, and these two players when playing for the top team, Selecao, also have an impact, but Selecao's roster is populated by what most would say are the best 06 players in the region (look at their record for proof of that). So, through the reading of your past posts, i recognize that you simply are trying to be a smart ass (minus the smart part), so good try on your attempt at being clever.
KicksNation
KicksNation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/11/14, 12:38 pm

Im going to stay out of this debate.. friends on both sides of the fence on this one... well, at least I think so.

What I will say is that you greatly underestimate the impact those two players have on whatever team they play for.

I personally rank those two girls as arguably top 10 players in this age group. Both are a joy to watch play, and i can say i had the pleasure of coaching in futsal. Was always a fun time on the court.

Last edited by Borussia on 18/11/14, 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 18/11/14, 12:40 pm

KicksNation wrote:
futbollove wrote:
KicksNation wrote:

you simply are trying to be a smart ass (minus the smart part), so good try on your attempt at being clever.
So you're saying you don't think I'm smart Question
What can I say, I tried.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/11/14, 12:45 pm

futbollove wrote:
KicksNation wrote:
futbollove wrote:
KicksNation wrote:

you simply are trying to be a smart ass (minus the smart part), so good try on your attempt at being clever.
What can I say, I tried.

You sir, have been trying to pull off the smart part for years man... just when i think you are getting there... poof.. haha nah, just joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 18/11/14, 12:46 pm

Give me the top goalie & the top forward in this age group and a bunch of tier 3 girls to fill out the team and that team could compete with the top teams IMHO.
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 18/11/14, 12:49 pm

Borussia wrote:
futbollove wrote:
KicksNation wrote:
futbollove wrote:
KicksNation wrote:

What can I say, I tried.

You sir, have been trying to pull off the smart part for years man... just when i think you are getting there... poof.. haha  nah, just joking.
cheers cheers
A work in progress.
But at least I've got the a$$ thing figured out.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/11/14, 12:50 pm

I see lots of bloody toes on that pitch. Haha

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 18/11/14, 12:51 pm

Blues Fan wrote:Give me the top goalie & the top forward in this age group and a bunch of tier 3 girls to fill out the team and that team could compete with the top teams IMHO.
Not a chance Blues Fan. Maybe at u5 or 6. But at this point, too many talented players and coaches to pull that off.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KicksNation 18/11/14, 12:54 pm

Bo, I just don't agree, maybe in the lower divisions it is true, but at the level the North team plays at (platinum) you cant honestly say that the other 7 players could simply sit on the ground while two take the ball on offense and defense - sorry it doesn't work that way. It is a team effort. One of the main things i love about the north team is its team focus with each player doing a better and better job of playing their position.
I do agree that the two are in the top ten with one of them being, in my opinion, the best of the 06's. I never said that they do not have a big impact, especially on the North team, but Selecao is populated with probably 4-6 of the other top ten 06's in the area so their impact while still material is less on the Selecao level.

It's just my opinion, and this is not addressed to you, but i will bow out and let the continual slams on the Kicks club continue. Seems to be a favorite past time of this forum.
KicksNation
KicksNation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 18/11/14, 01:11 pm

I stand corrected Blues Fan- maybe you can.
Kicks N has done it with the top goalie and the top player in the age group, and they have competed just fine! Even you have to admit that was at least a little bit smart what I just did there.
(Sorry KicksNation, I couldn't help myself, you keep tossing them right over the fat part of the plate)
lol! lol!
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KicksNation 18/11/14, 01:14 pm

futbollove wrote:I stand corrected Blues Fan- maybe you can.
Kicks N has done it with the top goalie and the top player in the age group, and they have competed just fine flower  
(Sorry KicksNation, I couldn't help myself, you keep tossing them right over the fat part of the plate)
lol! lol!

ok - yea you win
KicksNation
KicksNation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/11/14, 01:22 pm

Blues Fan wrote:Give me the top goalie & the top forward in this age group and a bunch of tier 3 girls to fill out the team and that team could compete with the top teams IMHO.
I think we are seeing that one top forward is not enough anymore.  

Regarding keepers, the goal is too big for the keeper to carry the team like Tim Howard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 18/11/14, 01:55 pm

Cobra_Kai wrote:
I think we are seeing that one top forward is not enough anymore.  

Regarding keepers, the goal is too big for the keeper to carry the team like Tim Howard.

What I meant by that statement was you put the top goalie & the top forward on a team say 11-20 and that team is competing with the best teams. Surely you don't think the top 50 girls in the 06 age group are all on the top 5 ranked teams. There are girls on some of the lower ranked teams that can play. Not every parent cares about winning at 8yrs old.
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/11/14, 02:27 pm

Blues Fan wrote:Surely you don't think the top 50 girls in the 06 age group are all on the top 5 ranked teams. There are girls on some of the lower ranked teams that can play.
I definitely agree with that. I've said it myself. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/11/14, 02:28 pm

cheers
Quit lending your 2 players if my opinion really matters and lets see how both teams do!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/11/14, 02:34 pm

KicksNation wrote:Bo, I just don't agree, maybe in the lower divisions it is true, but at the level the North team plays at (platinum) you cant honestly say that the other 7 players could simply sit on the ground while two take the ball on offense and defense - sorry it doesn't work that way.  It is a team effort. One of the main things i love about the north team is its team focus with each player doing a better and better job of playing their position.
I do agree that the two are in the top ten with one of them being, in my opinion, the best of the 06's.  I never said that they do not have a big impact, especially on the North team, but Selecao is populated with probably 4-6 of the other top ten 06's in the area so their impact while still material is less on the Selecao level.

It's just my opinion, and this is not addressed to you, but i will bow out and let the continual slams on the Kicks club continue.  Seems to be a favorite past time of this forum.

I, in no way mena this as a slight. So lets get that straight right off the bat.

You are correct, the other 7 players cannot simply sit on the ground and watch those two play. Kicks North is populated by players that I would argue can play for any Platinum level team in North Texas, all solid players.

They happen to have two of the best in the business as the Porsche engine of that team. Everyone on North plays generally set positions and have developed chemistry. Kicks North as it stands, adding the needed extra parts for 11v11 will go into Select as a Lake Highlands Division 1 team.

But without a Porshe engine its not a Porshe. You can replace it with a rebuild, but its never the same...

Keep that Porshe engine running smoothly Kicks North. Would look nice to see Kicks with 2 Division 1 teams at U11.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum