North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

NTFC 06 top bracket prediction - Page 6 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

NTFC 06 top bracket prediction

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

NTFC 06 top bracket prediction - Page 6 Empty Re: NTFC 06 top bracket prediction

Post by Guest 18/11/14, 02:34 pm

KicksNation wrote:Bo, I just don't agree, maybe in the lower divisions it is true, but at the level the North team plays at (platinum) you cant honestly say that the other 7 players could simply sit on the ground while two take the ball on offense and defense - sorry it doesn't work that way.  It is a team effort. One of the main things i love about the north team is its team focus with each player doing a better and better job of playing their position.
I do agree that the two are in the top ten with one of them being, in my opinion, the best of the 06's.  I never said that they do not have a big impact, especially on the North team, but Selecao is populated with probably 4-6 of the other top ten 06's in the area so their impact while still material is less on the Selecao level.

It's just my opinion, and this is not addressed to you, but i will bow out and let the continual slams on the Kicks club continue.  Seems to be a favorite past time of this forum.

I, in no way mena this as a slight. So lets get that straight right off the bat.

You are correct, the other 7 players cannot simply sit on the ground and watch those two play. Kicks North is populated by players that I would argue can play for any Platinum level team in North Texas, all solid players.

They happen to have two of the best in the business as the Porsche engine of that team. Everyone on North plays generally set positions and have developed chemistry. Kicks North as it stands, adding the needed extra parts for 11v11 will go into Select as a Lake Highlands Division 1 team.

But without a Porshe engine its not a Porshe. You can replace it with a rebuild, but its never the same...

Keep that Porshe engine running smoothly Kicks North. Would look nice to see Kicks with 2 Division 1 teams at U11.

Back to top Go down

NTFC 06 top bracket prediction - Page 6 Empty Re: NTFC 06 top bracket prediction

Post by Soccerates01 18/11/14, 05:46 pm

Synopsis of NTX 06 soccer :
1. Solar 06 has strong defense, Kicks North have better offense and all top ten teams are strong.
Still trying to figure who has the best 06 midfield
2. Bo's daughter does not play for kicks and has changed as many teams as sting scarfone's 06 players collection of yellow and red.
3. Kicks 06 have the same engines controlling 06 soccer and Bo wants them to play in mutually exclusive teams to save 06 and Lake Highlands Soccer.
4. Everyone in the forum is a mere pawn to Bo's agendas

Soccerates01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/11/14, 05:51 pm

That's funny. The only pawn/tool here is you.

Got you to post that didn't I..., mission accomplished.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 18/11/14, 06:34 pm

Man you guys were busy today.. must feel good getting rid of the feelings you've been suppressing the last 3 months.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Finish Strong 18/11/14, 07:53 pm

Anyone playing in any of the tournaments this weekend? Of course with the chances of rain on Saturday, they might all be cancelled.
Shout out to everyone that has posted on this thread! Great discussions and opinions. This is definitely the kitchen.

BTW, I asked an ECNL ref his thoughts on tracking players cards/events. He brought up good points. It's really up to the coach to teach and discipline on this matter. Since there is not a player registration database, there is no way to track events. I know that would not be popular by many, however it would be interesting from a development perspective if players stats were tracked. I have thought about doing that for my DD. Just part of a development app idea to aid coaches/teams and players. Direct feedback on areas to improve, deep practice stuff. Anyone doing this already?

Finish Strong
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/11/14, 06:30 am

Finish Strong wrote:Anyone playing in any of the tournaments this weekend? Of course with the chances of rain on Saturday, they might all be cancelled.
Shout out to everyone that has posted on this thread! Great discussions and opinions. This is definitely the kitchen.

BTW, I asked an ECNL ref his thoughts on tracking players cards/events. He brought up good points. It's really up to the coach to teach and discipline on this matter. Since there is not a player registration database, there is no way to track events. I know that would not be popular by many, however it would be interesting from a development perspective if players stats were tracked. I have thought about doing that for my DD. Just part of a development app idea to aid coaches/teams and players. Direct feedback on areas to improve, deep practice stuff. Anyone doing this already?

There is a database. It is kept by each individual league. Well, its suppose to be kept by them. NTX expects the leagues to handle matters for card accumulation.

On tournaments, the card counts are sent to NTX, or are suppose to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 19/11/14, 07:37 am

This is not what I expected to see when I saw the topic.
Kicks Nation should really get out and watch more 06 players other than his own if he thinks his DD is the best goalie or forward in the age group. Not sure if his DD is the goalie or the forward, but I assure you, neither is the best in the age group.
The top 4 teams Kicks, Sting B, Solar Castro, Solar Red all play at a faster, more technical pace than the other top 10 teams right now. But things can and will change so much over the next few years, it makes no sense to rank these teams at 9yrs old.
And I agree, there are tons of kids on the lower ranked teams that are just as good or better than some kids on the top 5 teams. Just my opinions. Now off to work
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 19/11/14, 08:47 am

Borussia wrote:
Finish Strong wrote:Anyone playing in any of the tournaments this weekend? Of course with the chances of rain on Saturday, they might all be cancelled.

There is a database.  It is kept by each individual league.  Well, its suppose to be kept by them.  NTX expects the leagues to handle matters for card accumulation.

On tournaments, the card counts are sent to NTX, or are suppose to be.  

It definitely sits in the laps of the parents first to police this behavior in their DDs.  It is not being tough, it is playing stupid.  If you don't want her playing the right way at age 8 & 9, then she won't make it very far.  Then it falls to the coach to teach her to play the right way.  Every coach wants tough aggressive players who don't cry every time they take a kick or a hit by the ball but pushing and punching is not soccer.  A coach should teach the DD that and definitely not encourage it.  Finally a tournament (and league) should keep track of cards and penalize a DD who accumulates them especially when accumulated over a weekend.  It's really not a difficult notion.  They are all reported by refs.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/11/14, 09:15 am

Soccerates01 wrote:
Still trying to figure who has the best 06 midfield
I inferred it was BluesFan's squad. lol! They are one forward and a keeper away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/11/14, 01:31 pm

Lil late on this post.......

A couple of things that I have directly observed......

KICKS north is quietly a very good team and yes in the conversation as a top team. Those of you who know the game know that they play fundamentally and tactically as well as anyone. Great keeper, defend as a team, they just don't give much opportunities to their opponents. Those of you who think that one or two players make that much of a difference are mistaken for the most part. if they have one or two guest players from an internal team of their club, who cares? They are playing within the rules and it is no different from another team having one or two guest players which happens all of the time with many clubs. Give credit where credit is due to the coach, parents, and players. I have seen this team play in league, futsal, and tourney play. Just consistently a good squad. Their win over Solar Pulp was a well played sound victory.

I am hopeful that the sting Scarfone team gets some things figured out. I witnessed 3 yellow cards in ONE game in an earlier tourney this fall against Solar McDaniels. Could of been more cards, could of been red. It is disheartening to see players have both arms extended and pushing a player from behind. It is also disheartening to see the purely malicious conduct after the play is over. Shame shame, coaches and parents for condoning and not correcting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/11/14, 01:48 pm

So adding say the top kicks player to say Solar Castro wouldn't really help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/11/14, 01:52 pm

We would take them of course and I am sure they would make positive contributions! Would they be the reason for a winning a tourney probably not. But I think it is a little unfair to Kicks North squad to define their success by adding a player or two.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/11/14, 01:56 pm

Anyone who says it defines them is wrong. That is the kicks team that actually plays with the same roster always.

Saying two of the best players in the 06 age group do not have that much of an impact is, well incorrect.

Awesome girls, and insane players. Any squad would be significantly impacted, with or without them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/11/14, 02:03 pm

So if they play with same roster it is a mute point. Right?

I just think 2 much time is spent on the forum talking about who, what, and when KICKS does something. I only know of one selecao player in the finals game against solar last weekend. Is she a great player YES, make contributions YES. Was it the reason they won the tourney, NO. just a solid team.

I don't think any 06 player is good enough to shred 2 to 3 players off the dribble and consistently have several points in a match against other elite 06 teams. Team ball wins pretty much every time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/11/14, 02:11 pm

I'm not the one that argues against what kicks does, it works. Haha

Those two, one especially does routinely shred 2-3 and has points routinely. And their team chemistry makes that bunch fun to watch.

Back to top Go down

Post by PDXsoccer 23/11/14, 04:42 pm

Had my first chance to see Kicks N this weekend during their 1-1 tie with the Bellatores Friday night.

The Kicks N group were as advertised - fun to watch, good chemistry, very solid fundamentally, and most important.... showed great sportsmanship.

Regardless of where you rank these teams, the fact of the matter is that 06 girls soccer in North Texas is OUTSTANDING!

PDXsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 23/11/14, 05:52 pm

uknowme wrote:
I am hopeful that the sting Scarfone team gets some things figured out.    I witnessed 3 yellow cards in ONE game in an earlier tourney this fall against Solar McDaniels.  Could of been more cards, could of been red.   It is disheartening to see players have both arms extended and pushing a player from behind.  It is also disheartening to see the purely malicious conduct after the play is over.   Shame shame, coaches and parents for condoning and not correcting.  

I have been told that Skip Scarfone is working on the correct techniques for the talented little girl that received the red card. I hope it works for her sake and the safety of others.

I am just curious. My DD's team only had one yellow card in over a year. What is a normal amount for a team at this age?

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.
I Don't Really Give A Shit!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8#t=48
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/11/14, 06:06 pm

I would say Your DDs team is probably on par with most other 06 teams. It can happen to any team. However You would certainly think it should be few and far between at this age group. Their is only one exception to the rule which has been spoken on enough. Club, coach, and parent involvement can remedy the situation

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 24/11/14, 07:59 am

PDXsoccer13 wrote:Had my first chance to see Kicks N this weekend during their 1-1 tie with the Bellatores Friday night.  

The Kicks N group were as advertised -
No disrespect to the Bellatorres, but after 2 plus pages of hearing how strong this team is, a 1-1 tie would suggest perhaps some false advertising has been going on. Unless of course the 2 didn't play in the game.
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/11/14, 08:03 am

Bellatorres has 1 shot on goal. Defended with 8 in the box. Park the Bus much.

Its a tactic that works. especially at this age, all it takes is one good clearance and a speedy forward to get a shot off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/11/14, 08:05 am

06DD wrote:
PDXsoccer13 wrote:Had my first chance to see Kicks N this weekend during their 1-1 tie with the Bellatores Friday night.  

No disrespect to the Bellatorres, but after 2 plus pages of hearing how strong  this team is, a 1-1 tie would suggest perhaps some false advertising has been going on. Unless of course the 2 didn't play in the game.

PDXsoccer's post was more of a subtle attempt to give a shout out to bellatorres.

well played PDX..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/11/14, 08:06 am

06DD wrote:

No disrespect to the Bellatorres, but after 2 plus pages of hearing how strong  this team is, a 1-1 tie would suggest perhaps some false advertising has been going on. Unless of course the 2 didn't play in the game.

Why can't a compliment just be a compliment? That Bellatores team is an athletic group, faster than most of the teams ranked ahead of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 24/11/14, 08:48 am

Sho'nuff wrote:
06DD wrote:

Why can't a compliment just be a compliment?  That Bellatores team is an athletic group, faster than most of the teams ranked ahead of them.
Maybe the compliment should be for the Bellatorres.
Just last week it was a waste of Tulsa and Sting Black's time to play against Bellatorres. Both won by the way. But since your team didn't win, now you sing their praises? You Kicks guys are unbelievable.
Congrats to the Bellatorres for a nice result. Perhaps the rankings have you to low. And other teams too high.
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/11/14, 09:02 am

06DD wrote:
Sho'nuff wrote:
06DD wrote:

Why can't a compliment just be a compliment?  That Bellatores team is an athletic group, faster than most of the teams ranked ahead of them.
Maybe the compliment should be for the Bellatorres.
Just last week it was a waste of Tulsa and Sting Black's time to play against Bellatorres. Both won by the way. But since your team didn't win, now you sing their praises? You Kicks guys are unbelievable.
Congrats to the Bellatorres for a nice result. Perhaps the rankings have you to low. And other teams too high.
I think your DD is the best and her squad is #1. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 24/11/14, 09:11 am

I am pretty sure that Bella was missing some players last weekend, perhaps this is why they didn't perform as well in Copa.

boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/11/14, 09:16 am

boilerjoe_96 wrote:I am pretty sure that Bella was missing some players last weekend, perhaps this is why they didn't perform as well in Copa.

Most the people, stirring the pot, don't even have a DD on the discussed teams. Some don't even have '06s. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next