North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

D'Feeters Kicks Bringing the "Thug" Back to Soccer - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

D'Feeters Kicks Bringing the "Thug" Back to Soccer

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

D'Feeters Kicks Bringing the "Thug" Back to Soccer - Page 5 Empty Re: D'Feeters Kicks Bringing the "Thug" Back to Soccer

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 26/09/17, 03:48 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
HeadHaunter wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:Maybe I am wrong but why go get a LH official?  They have no authority over a game ref do they.  None that I know of.  Thats like going to get the Ford CEO and ask him how to install the steering wheel.  Center Ref has the authority of the game at hand. 3 total appointeed LH officials per game that have the power to keep the game in check.  My guess is if a LH representative came over and tried to tell a ref how to officiate the game at that time and did not wait till after the game to discuss they would find themselves out in the parking lot just like any parent would doing the same thing. If the ref was so inclined to do so.  Especially if they happen over and watch a few minutes and feel they have a better understanding of what the game needs instead of someone who has been there from the start.  Anyone ever seen a LH cat come over and start telling a ref what to do?

Well, you totally missed the point as per usual on this forum - they have no right to tell the refs how to do their jobs, but they can help remove the parental factor AND be a second set of eyes when someone ACTUALLY makes a referee complaint via the forms on the website.  AND you have that LH official there to corraborate what happened when the time comes - if needed.  They serve many factors and many times can make a call to someone who DOES have the official word on the referees if they deem it to be THAT bad.  And IF the play no longer resembles the reason that person was called over to begin with, I guess that took care of itself didn't it?  Shoot holes where you like, blame who you like but if you don't make an official report as a coach or team manager to the right people, your bitching is just that - bitching.  Do something constructive that actually does something instead of bitching on a forum where people will either agree or disgree and still do NOTHING to actually get it reported to the right people.  i.e. NOTHING gets fixed.  SMH
Easy Holly I dont go throw rocks at you when you are bowling so just chill out.  Many refs will tell you that if it is not one sided they will let the girls play.  One sided then cards come out.  From what this thread has taught us, it was far from one sided.  I get you, go get the rep so he can tell the overbearing parents with the joysticks and sore throats to calm down.  That may even work, but what about the girls on the field?  They are the ones playing and falling.  I wasnt there so I do not know but I have seen my share of these matches. All the same.  
Player falls, parents blame the kid next to them.
Player gets pushed, same blame, but now you have a pissed off kid and her friend is pissed too.  They will get even.  That is sports.  Doesnt mean it is right, it just means it happens, but that is the match that lights the fire.  If it happens enough then it is 22 girls on the field at the same time, pissed. Thats the kerosene of the whole thing. Beginning to sound like this last game.  Now you add the illiterate parents to the mix and you have just introduced the atomic bomb to the battle.  What you fail to see Holly because you are probably reading the script to your next crappy movie is the parents probably caused most of the major problem.  As usual you are looking for someone else to blame.  

Changed my Name just for you (and SoSsy)...  Suspect  - not sure I'd say illiterate parents but overzealous might be a good word and yes, that does detonate the A-Bomb or a series of F-Bombs.  But I don't fail to see it, I mentioned it exactly as you stated the script itself - it starts and ends with the parents, can you control them?  Nah, but you can try to slow the ticker down on that bomb before it blows...  you have to start somewhere.  Besides, what's wrong with reading a script to a crappy movie?  Sometimes you gotta wade through the crap to get to the polished turd.

By the way - if you're here, who's running hell?

DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

D'Feeters Kicks Bringing the "Thug" Back to Soccer - Page 5 Empty Re: D'Feeters Kicks Bringing the "Thug" Back to Soccer

Post by KeeperCommander 26/09/17, 04:20 pm

Thats good stuff Holly Hunter.
I farmed that job out to LH years ago. So if you need anything like heat or more Rikki Lake shows loaded on your ipad just go find one of those LH officials, they will fix you right up.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 26/09/17, 04:36 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:Thats good stuff Holly Hunter.  
I farmed that job out to LH years ago.  So if you need anything like heat or more Rikki Lake shows loaded on your ipad just go find one of those LH officials, they will fix you right up.

If you're such a hater of the Lake Highlands assembly why don't you just take your DD to DA (said it in my head like Seinfeld would say Newwwman) or ECNL? I don't know, but you certainly don't want anyone trying to solve a problem that revolves around Lake Highlands or maybe you're still pissed that they took over your exhausting job of running hell - which I'm sure, trying to keep people like those on this forum happy, has to be like running hell.
DT03GWhiteNPL
DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 26/09/17, 04:55 pm

Holly Hunter wrote:
I farmed that job out to LH years ago.  So if you need anything like heat or more Rikki Lake shows loaded on your ipad just go find one of those LH officials, they will fix you right up.

If you're such a hater of the Lake Highlands assembly why don't you just take your DD to DA (said it in my head like Seinfeld would say Newwwman) or ECNL?  I don't know, but you certainly don't want anyone trying to solve a problem that revolves around Lake Highlands or maybe you're still pissed that they took over your exhausting job of running hell - which I'm sure, trying to keep people like those on this forum happy, has to be like running hell.
Running Hell has to be easier than pleasing soccer folks, you are right. Not a hater of LH, my response just fit in with the present topic nicely and I am a smart ass so .....
My DD is in ECNL.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 26/09/17, 05:40 pm

It is unbelievable that a group of veteran parents can take the forum hostage from the newbie "06/'07s.. I honestly didn't think it could be done. Can we get back to the game of the week conversation again?

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/09/17, 06:15 pm

Holly Hunter wrote:

If you're such a hater of the Lake Highlands assembly why don't you just take your DD to DA (said it in my head like Seinfeld would say Newwwman) or ECNL?  I don't know, but you certainly don't want anyone trying to solve a problem that revolves around Lake Highlands or maybe you're still pissed that they took over your exhausting job of running hell - which I'm sure, trying to keep people like those on this forum happy, has to be like running hell.

No no no, you can't just "take" your DD to DA. You got to know the secret handshake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/09/17, 11:29 pm

Cleansheets wrote:

No no no, you can't just "take" your DD to DA. You got to know the secret handshake.

Over on the JDL forum, someone sent me this undercover video of Cleansheets and BigErn practicing back in May of this year before tryouts...

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer 2014 27/09/17, 12:11 am

I forgot who won the Game of the week?

soccer 2014
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rustynail11 27/09/17, 07:19 am

LATT2000 wrote:SoccerDad - Agreed.  Next time I'll be more proactive.  I'll either talk to the coach or pull my kid.

Actually, I think the bigger issue is that the LH Referree turnover rate is so high that keeping good ones around for more than one season is very hard.  LH has to figure out how to keep them... incentives for staying, learning for more than one season.  Some of these Refs. look like they were brought in off the streets prior to the game, asked if they know anything about soccer and said "Your Hired!".

Ref turnover isn't just a LH a problem it is a NTX problem. You couldn't pay me enough to listen to the crapped spewed by parents on the sidelines. Both of my kids ref U5 and up and it is ridiculous the crap I hear when I go watch the games the ref and the games they are players in.

Personally I think every parent should have to pass a "rules of the game" test before bring allowed on the sidelines. That would eliminate a lot of the screaming. In addition teach parents that soccer is a contact sport and every time 2 players rub shoulders a whistle doesn't need to be blown or a card given.

rustynail11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 27/09/17, 09:09 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
Holly Hunter wrote:

Running Hell has to be easier than pleasing soccer folks, you are right.  Not a hater of LH, my response just fit in with the present topic nicely and I am a smart ass so .....
My DD is in ECNL.  

Well played sir, well played... meatball over the plate, party of one....
DT03GWhiteNPL
DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa 27/09/17, 12:11 pm

Parents definitely should not abuse referees, but the quality of referees are lower than I expected at LH. I wrongly thought the referee never leaving the center circle was over once we got to LH.
As a referee (Not at LH), I found that two things diffuse parents for the most part: (1) always hustling to be close to the play. When closer to play than parents, they tend to object less. (2) be consistent. If you 'Let them play,' you have to do it both ways. You can't call a hand ball 20 yards out on one end and let the same thing go on the other end bc it would be a pk (fear of calling penalties is big problem). Bonus: with one experienced AR and one inexperienced, the experienced AR has to refrain from making calls. Otherwise, calls are being made on one end and not the other, which is recipe for irate parents.

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 27/09/17, 01:54 pm

7WhiskeyPapa wrote: Bonus: with one experienced AR and one inexperienced, the experienced AR has to refrain from making calls. Otherwise, calls are being made on one end and not the other, which is recipe for irate parents.

Ummmm......no.
Always call it.
Do your job.
Always.
Yes the calls are down on one end.
Each team has to play on that end so it balances out.

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BigErn. 27/09/17, 02:00 pm

DA doesn't have bad refs.

BigErn.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/09/17, 05:38 pm

Teddy Bear coaches
with whom Zizou's smitten...

Ref's who have a clue
with Red Cards that glisten...

Fees that are reduced
to one half of Sting's...

Some of BigE's favorite Girls DA things...

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 29/09/17, 01:15 pm

Best of luck to FC Dallas - Texoma this weekend.

Make sure to bring your medical releases and insurance cards.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 29/09/17, 04:27 pm

SickofStupidity wrote:Best of luck to FC Dallas - Texoma this weekend.

Make sure to bring your medical releases and insurance cards.
Maybe some gauze. Lots and lots of gauze.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 29/09/17, 05:19 pm

Sorry, I almost forgot:

Video camera

Ice packs

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 29/09/17, 05:26 pm

Maybe they will behave this game to get off the radar.

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 29/09/17, 05:27 pm

Save time and money and just have EMS on site and ready.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 29/09/17, 05:29 pm

bwgophers wrote:Teddy Bear coaches
with whom Zizou's smitten...

Ref's who have a clue
with Red Cards that glisten...

Fees that are reduced
to one half of Sting's...

Some of BigE's favorite Girls DA things...

Tatu, he just a big fat teddy bear. cheers

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 29/09/17, 06:51 pm

Jugglemaster wrote:Maybe they will behave this game to get off the radar.  

Their best chance is for KW and her White Walkers to have a "memorable" weekend.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 29/09/17, 09:32 pm

Having a juggle off tommorow. $50'per person -,guaranteed DA ENTRY.

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 30/09/17, 07:50 am

Just because 2016 approves this message

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 30/09/17, 09:31 pm

Just juggling

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 09/10/17, 07:56 am

Must have been clean battles these past two weeks. Not one comment about either match. Thats what they call the shut up and play factor.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ddgonz22 09/10/17, 08:31 am

Its time to move on, that boat has sailed and has been sunk...
ddgonz22
ddgonz22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next