North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DA/DA2(DPL)/ECNL/ECNL2(ECNL Composite) - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

DA/DA2(DPL)/ECNL/ECNL2(ECNL Composite)

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

DA/DA2(DPL)/ECNL/ECNL2(ECNL Composite) - Page 4 Empty Re: DA/DA2(DPL)/ECNL/ECNL2(ECNL Composite)

Post by soccerjack 02/04/18, 05:06 pm

timmyh wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
Zizou wrote:After reading this thread it seems DPL will be the same as ECNL composite.

Good point shitzou.  ECNL composite was another ill advised, poorly executed money grab.

Has it been a failure? I am admittedly ignorant about it, but it seemed from a distance to work well and accomplish its purpose. I am interested in hearing about what those with experience in it think about it.

IMO it's hit or miss and probably more lopsided than JDL. Some teams took whoever showed up. Several couldn't compete in LH D3. These secondary leagues "IMO" are truly money grabs that aren't competitive and as someone mentioned, a way to sell many consumers a bill of goods to lock in money. They are avenues for the bigs to have a closed system with no competition and it shows. I doubt any composite team could beat a LH D1 team. A few would be on the same level. DA2 or whatever they call it, sounds like the same premise. There should be 1 league for the super duper stars and another competitive league with relegation so you have distinct levels. We're headed toward dogs and cats mating in the streets and getting paid for it.

soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

DA/DA2(DPL)/ECNL/ECNL2(ECNL Composite) - Page 4 Empty Re: DA/DA2(DPL)/ECNL/ECNL2(ECNL Composite)

Post by Zizou 02/04/18, 05:50 pm

Guest101 wrote:
soccerjohn4 wrote:So in other words its jut the tracksuit wearing used car salesmen, selling a pipe dream of a 2nd national league with no sanctioning to parents who don't have a clue.

Call it what you want but here is how I see it.....

DA has showcases and a National Playoffs
ECNL has showcases and a National Playoffs
TCL (or any NPL) also has a chance to make National Playoffs
Premier League has a chance to make National Playoffs
Lake Highlands has a chance to make National Playoffs

DPL has the promise of training with the top team "sometimes" and to "follow the same curriculum".  Shouldn't all teams follow the club's curriculum?  If five other leagues will send teams to a national playoff where college coaches will go watch, why would it make sense to be in developmental pool of players who are not even playing in a sanctioned league?  Meanwhile everyone else gets an opportunity to attract attention.

ECNL has composite teams no showcases and no National Playoffs.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 02/04/18, 05:51 pm

soccerjack wrote:
timmyh wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
Zizou wrote:After reading this thread it seems DPL will be the same as ECNL composite.

Good point shitzou.  ECNL composite was another ill advised, poorly executed money grab.

Has it been a failure? I am admittedly ignorant about it, but it seemed from a distance to work well and accomplish its purpose. I am interested in hearing about what those with experience in it think about it.

IMO it's hit or miss and probably more lopsided than JDL.  Some teams took whoever showed up.  Several couldn't compete in LH D3.  These secondary leagues "IMO" are truly money grabs that aren't competitive and as someone mentioned, a way to sell many consumers a bill of goods to lock in money.  They are avenues for the bigs to have a closed system with no competition and it shows.  I doubt any composite team could beat a LH D1 team.  A few would be on the same level.  DA2 or whatever they call it, sounds like the same premise.  There should be 1 league for the super duper stars and another competitive league with relegation so you have distinct levels.  We're headed toward dogs and cats mating in the streets and getting paid for it.

I did not here any complaining and the did two or three showcase tournaments.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 02/04/18, 05:58 pm

soccerjack wrote:

I miss ya man.  Tatu said to say hello.  I think he misses you and wants you back.

Na, I’m sure he is doing just fine being demoted to coach the we-littles.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 02/04/18, 06:59 pm

Zizou wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
timmyh wrote:
soccerjack wrote:

IMO it's hit or miss and probably more lopsided than JDL.  Some teams took whoever showed up.  Several couldn't compete in LH D3.  These secondary leagues "IMO" are truly money grabs that aren't competitive and as someone mentioned, a way to sell many consumers a bill of goods to lock in money.  They are avenues for the bigs to have a closed system with no competition and it shows.  I doubt any composite team could beat a LH D1 team.  A few would be on the same level.  DA2 or whatever they call it, sounds like the same premise.  There should be 1 league for the super duper stars and another competitive league with relegation so you have distinct levels.  We're headed toward dogs and cats mating in the streets and getting paid for it.

Honestly, it's because most were too embarrassed to show up here and admit that their daughter played on a composite team, paying for all that travel for a league that was generally no better than LHGCL DI.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 02/04/18, 09:26 pm

Most TCL teams would beat all D1 teams especially since they use ecnl guests Not all do though. Oklahoma has stepped up their program.

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 02/04/18, 09:26 pm

Ntx keeps failing us

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 02/04/18, 09:27 pm

I hear da3 for 2020. Shhhhhhhh

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 02/04/18, 09:29 pm

Welcome to Fantasy Island. Where your dreams can come true.

Watch "De Plane De Plane | Tatoo On Fantasy Island" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/USfKJYZcUmI

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 02/04/18, 09:32 pm

Homeboy wrote:I was told the DA2 teams would be sanctioned by USYS and be eligible for State Cup, Regionals and Nationals. Also they were going to have some sort of affiliation with National League also ran by USYS for their showcases.

Probably smart thing as USYS is the League with all the big$$$ and in business longer than any other league.

Heard the exact same as Homeboy here ^

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 02/04/18, 09:39 pm

On DA site says da2 DPL is what the site calls it. Claims you can play high school. Not feeling that is really how it will work high school will be frowned upon.

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjohn4 02/04/18, 09:43 pm

The only problem with that is that each player has to be registered with their individual state and then play in the regional league offered so would these teams get a free pass into SRPL that is the only competition that allows entry into National League unless they try and change the rules but no bylaw has been changed.

Show me where on this official site for the DA

http://www.ussoccerda.com/home.php

soccerjohn4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 02/04/18, 09:45 pm

Wish an official announcement would come out so we can navigate this disaster

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjohn4 02/04/18, 09:47 pm

All down to tracksuit wearing used car salesmen

soccerjohn4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 02/04/18, 09:48 pm

http://dpleague.org/ Not official site.

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 02/04/18, 09:49 pm

Sad but true John.

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 02/04/18, 09:49 pm

Agree

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjohn4 02/04/18, 09:52 pm

The dpl is a Socal league only registered through cal south and only played a fall season no official spring season

Read this thread from socal youth soccer http://www.socalsoccer.com/threads/girls-dpl.3883/

soccerjohn4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 02/04/18, 09:52 pm

Our program is failing. I know let’s go down the same path as the men. That worked out well. A few weeks ago in Oklahoma where ecnl and tcl teams played. Ok did a lot of winning. Seems they figured something out. Maybe they keep teams together

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 02/04/18, 09:52 pm

Thanks John. I felt something was wrong

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjohn4 02/04/18, 09:59 pm

The thing we need to be ready for in the future is that US Club Soccer ECNL and all USC leagues to be shut down as they are going against USSF. the federation are not happy with them.

The rumours are the new system will be:
USSF DA - MLS/USL/NWSL
USSF National - Solars Texans etc
USYS National League
USYS REGIONAL (region 3)
USYS AREA Lakehighlands
USYSA LOCAL Plano
USYS association Frisco

soccerjohn4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 03/04/18, 11:19 am

Zizou wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
timmyh wrote:
soccerjack wrote:

You make no sense shitzou. In the previous post you said ECNL Composite has no showcases or playoffs and in this one you say no one complained about the two or three showcase tournaments. I can see why Tatu had to break up with you. You're all over the "board" Laughing .
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 03/04/18, 11:32 am

timmyh wrote:
soccerjack wrote:

The question is what was/is it's purpose. You can look at DIGC results, I think the only division composite teams played in was 03. Solar and Sting, both are good teams but neither made it out of their brackets. In Solars case their D-1 team made it to the semis and their composite finished last. The point is there is no pecking order at the clubs, so composite was just another recruiting tool for a high cost league. DA2 will be more of the same. A great idea would be to have one top league ie ECNL or DA and another competitive local/regional league like maybe LH....I don't know but maybe that might be a simple and smart way to go.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/04/18, 12:51 pm

Going back to the 1st question I asked in this thread, it all depends on what the structure of DPL is.

If DPL is where the clubs are going to park their best teams at U13, U14, U16, + #2 team at U18/19, then it might be worth it, but you'll have to convince players/parents that it's in their best interest to forego any formal league/championship play in those years, or to be a mercenary for ECNL/LH/TCL whatever.

If DPL is going to be the #2 team in the club at every age group, then it is just the DA clubs' version of Composite/TCL.

From a competition standpoint, TCL is no better than what LH D1 would be if those teams had stayed put, and if DPL is the #2 teams in each age group for the DA club, it will be the same.  Regional travel to play league matches against similar competition that you can get in NTX, is a flat out waste of money...  UNLESS you are getting exposure to college coaches at those games that you weren't getting in LH.

One of the original selling points of TCL was that the ECNL clubs were going to synchronize TCL schedules with the ECNL schedules so that TCL games would be played on the same days, in close proximity to the ECNL matches, increasing the likelihood of College Coaches attending the games.  However, for the most part, that never materialized.  I've never seen or heard of a College Coach showing up at a TCL league match.

If the DA clubs can figure this out and have the DPL matches on the same days and locations as the DA matches, and can get College Coach traffic to DPL matches, then regional travel for these matches may make sense.

Otherwise, neither option provides any tangible benefit to the Non-DA or Non-ECNL kids over simply playing in LH and attending the regional showcases like Texas Cup, FC Dallas, Lonestar, DIGC, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 03/04/18, 01:31 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:Going back to the 1st question I asked in this thread, it all depends on what the structure of DPL is.

If DPL is where the clubs are going to park their best teams at U13, U14, U16, + #2 team at U18/19, then it might be worth it, but you'll have to convince players/parents that it's in their best interest to forego any formal league/championship play in those years, or to be a mercenary for ECNL/LH/TCL whatever.

If DPL is going to be the #2 team in the club at every age group, then it is just the DA clubs' version of Composite/TCL.

From a competition standpoint, TCL is no better than what LH D1 would be if those teams had stayed put, and if DPL is the #2 teams in each age group for the DA club, it will be the same.  Regional travel to play league matches against similar competition that you can get in NTX, is a flat out waste of money...  UNLESS you are getting exposure to college coaches at those games that you weren't getting in LH.

One of the original selling points of TCL was that the ECNL clubs were going to synchronize TCL schedules with the ECNL schedules so that TCL games would be played on the same days, in close proximity to the ECNL matches, increasing the likelihood of College Coaches attending the games.  However, for the most part, that never materialized.  I've never seen or heard of a College Coach showing up at a TCL league match.

If the DA clubs can figure this out and have the DPL matches on the same days and locations as the DA matches, and can get College Coach traffic to DPL matches, then regional travel for these matches may make sense.

Otherwise, neither option provides any tangible benefit to the Non-DA or Non-ECNL kids over simply playing in LH and attending the regional showcases like Texas Cup, FC Dallas, Lonestar, DIGC, etc.

I'm The Bodhisattva and I approve this message.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 03/04/18, 04:24 pm

soccerjack wrote:
Zizou wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
timmyh wrote:
soccerjack wrote:

You make no sense shitzou.  In the previous post you said ECNL Composite has no showcases or playoffs and in this one you say no one complained about the two or three showcase tournaments.  I can see why Tatu had to break up with you.  You're all over the "board" Laughing .

Your an idiot! Their are independent showcases you can enter your team in. Disney, Jefferson Cup, And I believe Wags. ECNL does not provide showcases or national play-offs for composite teams. Jack ass !

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next