North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Week 3 LHGCL Picks & Commentary - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

Week 3 LHGCL Picks & Commentary

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Week 3 LHGCL Picks & Commentary - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 3 LHGCL Picks & Commentary

Post by pro16 14/09/13, 04:38 pm

Well, Joan, in all fairness to Higg, he's only the assistant at TCU.

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Week 3 LHGCL Picks & Commentary - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 3 LHGCL Picks & Commentary

Post by Rooney13 14/09/13, 05:14 pm

The only scores I know of in D2 are:
Sting Parker 1 v. Sting North 1
Saints 1 v. Sting Dunston 0
Dynasty 3 v. Cosmos 0

Any news on the Celtic v. FCD South game?

Rooney13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 14/09/13, 05:31 pm

pro16 wrote:Well, Joan, in all fairness to Higg, he's only the assistant at TCU.
Besides, TCU is sitting last, in 9th place in the Big 12. Higgy's Texans are doing much better in 7th place.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lifeonthepitch 14/09/13, 06:13 pm

Ohhhh. That would explain why his girls use such foul and mean language every time we play them. I just don't understand. Are those parents actually okay with that behavior or do they really not know they act that way? The texans may be good but that behavior is deplorable. My kid better not EVER act that way. It's wrong on so many levels.

Lifeonthepitch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hondojack 14/09/13, 06:14 pm

FCD 1  Celtic 0

hondojack
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Week 3 LHGCL Picks & Commentary - Page 2 Empty !@#$%$%^&&*

Post by yo#10 14/09/13, 06:35 pm

LIFE ON THE PITCH-I do  not think several of the parents are ok. There seems to be a core group that would stay no matter how their kids are treated  or what their kids see becuz they are "IN" if you catch my drift. Many of the parents who are not IN are not ok and plan to meet maybe already have over Magaritas from what I undertsand . Should be intersting to say the least. The moves in position were more as punishment that anything else. Didnt look like that tactic worked out too well did it.? And from what I remembered the whole back line was removed last week for playing poorly, so to move several girls from back line to strikers is perplexing. All I can think is maybe the players who had to give up their positions for defenders-who didnt score either-are valued a little less than those defenders who took striker spots. Most my info comes from 2 parents . I did see game last week,but not this week, to me and wife the differnce was the 03 mid distibuted the ball well and unselfishly the other team did not -repeatedly dribbled into defenders . Never once heard coach correct that. Simply blamed defense and a striker. At one point appeared to remove most of defenders and it seemed to help , but never addressed dribblig and not passing. I'd be surprised if team remains in tact for rest of year. I could see 5-6 girls including keeper leaving at end of season if given a release. IT"S THAT BAD- and it's not just the losing. Much disention throughout the team.

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by whoshotjr 14/09/13, 06:45 pm

We have played TXN a handful of times and never experienced and foul languauge only tough play. Few loud obnoxious parents but they seem to be new and not following in line yet. This ia a good team that will bounce back. I think switching line up before a big game is risky - didnt seem to work so could be back to normal next week . . Seems we all want to pick and pick when a good team has a rough patch. I say cut them some slack, they will be back to their old self in no time. I did hear the goal was off a beautiful bending corner. Happy for the player that hit it.

whoshotjr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gold digger 14/09/13, 08:36 pm

whoshotjr wrote:We have played TXN a handful of times and never experienced and foul languauge only tough play. Few loud obnoxious parents but they seem to be new and not following in line yet. This ia a good team that will bounce back. I think switching line up before a big game is  risky - didnt seem to work so could be back to normal next week . . Seems we all want to pick and pick when a good team has a rough patch. I say cut them some slack, they will be back to their old self in no time. I did hear the goal was off a beautiful bending corner. Happy for the player that hit it.
Blah blah blah. Don't make excuses. You got beat fair and square. Switching line ups, this that. You got scored on early. You had plenty of time to come back, about 50 min.

gold digger
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seriously 14/09/13, 09:13 pm

First: Foul language and the Texan girls - NO; Coach - YES.  Parents not overly thrilled with it.
Second: Massive dissension - NO.  Most of the parents understand it's just 12yo soccer. Coach is probably freaking about it more.
Third: Please do not try to make this anymore than it is and presume to speak for anyone on this team. Seems I may have missed out on a happy hour somewhere.

Seriously
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 007shaken 14/09/13, 09:20 pm

Seriously wrote:First: Foul language and the Texan girls - NO; Coach - YES.  Parents not overly thrilled with it.
Not overly thrilled? I'm trying to find a reason parents would tolerate foul language from a coach of 12-year old girls at all. Is the name on the shirt that important?
007shaken
007shaken
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by okiedokie 14/09/13, 09:22 pm

Seriously wrote:Seems I may have missed out on a happy hour somewhere.
Then I guess we didn't invite you.

okiedokie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seriously 14/09/13, 09:39 pm

007shaken wrote:
Seriously wrote:First: Foul language and the Texan girls - NO; Coach - YES.  Parents not overly thrilled with it.
Not overly thrilled?  I'm trying to find a reason parents would tolerate foul language from a coach of 12-year old girls at all.  Is the name on the shirt that important?
And I believe he was taken to task on this

Seriously
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Seriously 14/09/13, 09:40 pm

okiedokie wrote:
Glad of it too

Seriously
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 14/09/13, 10:17 pm

Second: Massive dissension - NO.  Most of the parents understand it's just 12yo soccer. Coach is probably freaking about it more.
Third: Please do not try to make this anymore than it is and presume to speak for anyone on this team. Seems I may have missed out on a happy hour somewhere.
Seriously an account created today? Wake up if you think there is no team dissension. Maybe you are on the calling tree line and not on the dissension line- but there is team dissension and it is not related to losing or coach cussing and it is bad if youd get out of the bubble and look. If you are truley on the team you would know this . a group of 4/5 families met tonight at pub to discuss future plans, I tagged along with my wife's friend and husband and heard all dirty laundry, and it's deep.Might help if team wasnt divided up into clicks between the in the know and out of the know. This team will not make it past next year and I could see some leaving after Fall.
Bottom line is TXN are playing soccer the same fashion that did when they were 8 and that worked for them then, it doesnt work now. Cant rely on dribbling into defenders whole game. higgs should also know this and correct those habits, but some toes are not to be stepped on-most toes he's step on and break , but not all.

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmon_Man 14/09/13, 10:32 pm

Coach continualy cursing/dropping f-bombs around 11/12 year old girls and shoving opposing coach after a lose. Parents mostly worried about W/L .....got to love NTX soccer and the message it sends these girls....way to go cheers 
Cmon_Man
Cmon_Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 14/09/13, 11:03 pm

It said NOT related to losing

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 14/09/13, 11:06 pm

okiedokie wrote:
Nope he was not invited.

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmon_Man 14/09/13, 11:26 pm

yo#10 wrote:It said NOT related to losing
I read your post correctly, but I think you need to read it. I was not speaking specifically to your post, but to the idea that the main issue here seems to be what is taking place on the field not off. Your main issue seemed to be their style of play is the same since they were 8 and cursing at the girls is not an issue (as you say). Yes the style of play is far more important than the girls spending hours a week with an abusive/ out of control coach that is now getting into physical altercations with other Coaches in front of 11/12 year old girls and their parents....
Cmon_Man
Cmon_Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 15/09/13, 12:31 am

Cmon_Man wrote:
yo#10 wrote:It said NOT related to losing
I read your post correctly, but I think you need to read it.  I was not speaking specifically to your post, but to the idea that the main issue here seems to be what is taking place on the field not off. Your main issue seemed to be their style of play is the same since they were 8 and cursing at the girls is not an issue (as you say).  Yes the style of play is far more important than the girls spending hours a week with an abusive/ out of control coach that is now getting into physical altercations  with other Coaches in front of 11/12 year old girls and their parents....
I'm not a part of the team -so I dont care what the coach does, persoanlly my kid wouldnt be there cuz she doesnt respond well to screamers in general. My good friend's kid is there. The complains from him is not the coach yelling, cursing etc. I didnt specifivcally ask him bout his treatment toward his kid, but kid seems to like Higgy, the mainn thing they dont like team politics. Also few people on my team came from their team, now they complaained about coach AND team politics and parent clicks.The reference to their style of play is observation over last several years. But if parents allow their kids to be there and /or kids are ok with it, that's a family's decision. My buddy is a good parent- ultimately it's their choice.

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1crazysoccermom 15/09/13, 01:00 am

Referee wrote:Yep.  
Lots of people saw it.   There was an eerie silence from the whole world as he walked by red faced  and really pissed off.   The other coach didn't respond and I wouldn't be surprised if he files a complaint.  What kind of example is he setting for his players?  Some of them saw the whole thing.
 Some of the people standing around started coughing the ahem cough cough loser sound (oooooser!)
 We called this   the weekend of upsets and surprises.  
 Solar Red parents have a lot of class and took the tie with respect.  
If this really happened all I can say is one day Higg is going to meet his match when he shoves another coach. I can say Stark is one level headed coach and took the high road over a whinny win at all cost coach that just keeps proving he has bad sportsmanship.

All I can say to parents on this team. No coach should be cursing at your child. Being on a winning team with a coach that curses at your child is not worth it in my book. There are way to many good teams out there for you to allow this around your 11/12yr old dds.

1crazysoccermom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrBoomstick 15/09/13, 04:48 am

A man's character is most evident by how he treats those who are not in a position either to retaliate or reciprocate.
MrBoomstick
MrBoomstick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hombre 15/09/13, 08:49 am

Yeah so there was a big shove by Higg. So what? He didn't shove a kid and I'll bet words were exchanged. Like it or not, things we all regret happen in the heat of a moment when the blood is rushing. Everyone snaps once in a while. Not great but reality.

Dropping F-bombs and pre-meditatively tearing down 11/12 year olds on the other hand seems like a bigger issue if it is happening a lot. Kids learn how to handle themselves from teachers and coaches not just parents. If this is true and it keeps happening, make the tough call and be a parent. This ain't war in Vietnam. Are you paying the bucks to get a positive experience or more wins for the club? If it is bad, go to management and get a new coach assigned if you need to. Happens all the time.
hombre
hombre
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 15/09/13, 09:46 am

For you maybe it's reality in your adult world, but it shouldn't happen from a coach with 11/12 year olds.  There's no place for it under any circumstance because they're not adults; they're not even teenagers or young adults. And whether it happens "a lot" or only once, it's wrong. If I were to ever hear a teacher (as you suggest) say what this coach has said with F-bombs and other things, my 11/12 year old wouldnt be there period. It's not reality and things just don't happen. There is a major issue when a grown man or woman can't manage himself or herself in that role; especially with pre-teens.

This is not the first time for this coach so lets not live in a bubble. Unfortunately many parents today have grown silent and passive; choosing to to turn their heads as if nothing has happened or it's no big deal.....Really? Their the future; so how are we going to teach them.....

Yes, parents should parent. Novel idea.

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmon_Man 15/09/13, 10:31 am

hombre wrote:Yeah so there was a big shove by Higg. So what? .
Well if this is now acceptable behavior for youth coaches things have gone south. And so what?....well let me ask you - I guess if this behavior is acceptable for Higgs- I guess it is acceptable for the other coach, correct? And if the other coach responded in kind yesterday are we not likely talking about something far uglier this morning?
Cmon_Man
Cmon_Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit of Seville 15/09/13, 11:01 am

pro16 wrote:For you maybe it's reality in your adult world, but it shouldn't happen from a coach with 11/12 year olds.  There's no place for it under any circumstance because they're not adults; they're bot ecen teenagers or young adults. And whether it happens "a lot" or only once, it's wrong. If I were to ever hear a teacher (as tiu auggest) say what this coach has said with F-bombs and other things, my 11/12 year old wouldnt be there period. It's not reality and things just don't happen. There is a major issue when a grown man or woman can't manage himself or herself in that role; especially with pre-teens.

This is not the first time for this coach so lets not live in a bubble. Unfortunately many parents today have grown silent and passive; choosing to to turn their heads as if nothing has happened or it's no big deal.....Really? Their the future; so how are we going to teach them.....

The only reason that the coaches behavior is under question is because the team has lost two in a row.  If they win next week, this may go away until the next loss.  

The parents, although they have not approved of their coaches behavior have sat quietly because of the end result; wins. These parents should be ashamed and likely are ashamed.   Now their girls are stuck in contracts with a coach who offers them nothing.  Will any step up?  I believe a small group will ban together and take this forward to improve the situation.  Remember when a small group of Solar parents rose up to remove  their daughters' coach when his behavior (and other team mom's) became exposed?

What is it with NTX soccer?  In the last year, we have had at least two coaches who's documented and admitted ill behavior has boiled over.
Rabbit of Seville
Rabbit of Seville
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy 15/09/13, 11:38 am

Rabbit of Seville wrote:
pro16 wrote:For you maybe it's reality in your adult world, but it shouldn't happen from a coach with 11/12 year olds.  There's no place for it under any circumstance because they're not adults; they're bot ecen teenagers or young adults. And whether it happens "a lot" or only once, it's wrong. If I were to ever hear a teacher (as tiu auggest) say what this coach has said with F-bombs and other things, my 11/12 year old wouldnt be there period. It's not reality and things just don't happen. There is a major issue when a grown man or woman can't manage himself or herself in that role; especially with pre-teens.

The only reason that the coaches behavior is under question is because the team has lost two in a row.  If they win next week, this may go away until the next loss.  

The parents, although they have not approved of their coaches behavior have sat quietly because of the end result; wins. These parents should be ashamed and likely are ashamed.   Now their girls are stuck in contracts with a coach who offers them nothing.  Will any step up?  I believe a small group will ban together and take this forward to improve the situation.  Remember when a small group of Solar parents rose up to remove  their daughters' coach when his behavior (and other team mom's) became exposed?

What is it with NTX soccer?  In the last year, we have had at least two coaches who's documented and admitted ill behavior has boiled over.
It amazes me also what the parent's tolerate from these coaches. If the parent's that do stand up too these coaches are mostly labeled as "Trouble Parents" or "Crazy Parents".  There a good team, if i was a parent and fed up with the bad behavior from Higg, i would be making a move to see if Hassan would put Roderick Scott as the coach, before i would see the team crumble at the end of the year.

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next