North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

FBR 06 - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

FBR 06

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

FBR 06 - Page 3 Empty Re: FBR 06

Post by Guest 03/03/15, 03:09 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Always been curious as to why the outcome at the end of the tunnel is almost identical, but the path to get there is SOOOOOOO different?

Two reasons:

1. The money to be made in soccer is from hoardes of bourgeoisie...softball is proletariat
2. A whole lot more dads are knowledgeable enough to teach softball...compared to soccer

The pressure  is not coming from FBR...or even really from promotion/relegation. It's coming from the commercialization of the sport. If youth coaches are paying mortgages off soccer fees from parents, I don't see how anyone could think FBR is the main force driving behavior.

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 03/03/15, 03:12 pm

bwgophers wrote:A little different direction, but relevant to the topic at hand and something I've always scratched my head over...

My oldest DD plays select softball.  Been immersed in that scene in NTX longer than I have in the academy/select soccer scene.

- 90+% of the coaches in select softball don't get a single dime in income for their coaching.
- While there are some larger, more prominent "clubs" in the area, none of them have anywhere near the infrastructure of the soccer clubs in NTX, with paid DOC's and management staff, club-owned facilities, etc.
- There are no "contracts", players can move freely between teams/clubs at any time, outside of certain qualifying tournaments for regional or national events, there are minimal roster restrictions outside of age limits.  Guest play is common and happens all of the time.
- There is a forum, but it is used almost exclusively to post for teams looking for players, holding tryouts, looking for pickup (guest) players for a tournament.  Parents and coaches don't get on and lament about emphasis on winning over development, or poor umpires, or wring their hands because some team brought in a stud pickup pitcher and won a tournament last weekend...
- I have NEVER seen a ranking of local girls select softball teams in any age group, from U8 up to U18.

Despite all of this stuff that is in place in NTX soccer, but isn't in place in NTX softball, NTX still manages to be considered a regional hotbed of girls softball talent in the US (along with, and slightly behind, of course, SoCal).  Like soccer, the Brass Ring for 99% of the girls playing select softball in NTX is a College Scholarship, hopefully at a big time D1 program.  NTX regularly places girls on the US National Team, and the US has been dominant in international competition for years.

Always been curious as to why the outcome at the end of the tunnel is almost identical, but the path to get there is SOOOOOOO different?

One of the biggest PERCEIVED things, is the lack or limited options parents have in the matter.  Level the playing field....No Contracts, no fees (only league play)(or maybe a small capped set amount)
.....take the money out of the equation and its a whole different ball game

"Where much is given (Time & Money).....much is expected"
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 03/03/15, 03:43 pm

Change the pressures on the kids and the parents just might reduce the amount one would pay an individual to be number #1 reducing the amount being paid to win could even increase the amount paid towards that coach with the knowledge and willingness to develope. This might even reduce the amount of dead beat coaches we have working the system because the money is so lucrative and easy to make.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/03/15, 03:54 pm

SocDad wrote:
bwgophers wrote:A little different direction, but relevant to the topic at hand and something I've always scratched my head over...

My oldest DD plays select softball.  Been immersed in that scene in NTX longer than I have in the academy/select soccer scene.

- 90+% of the coaches in select softball don't get a single dime in income for their coaching.
- While there are some larger, more prominent "clubs" in the area, none of them have anywhere near the infrastructure of the soccer clubs in NTX, with paid DOC's and management staff, club-owned facilities, etc.
- There are no "contracts", players can move freely between teams/clubs at any time, outside of certain qualifying tournaments for regional or national events, there are minimal roster restrictions outside of age limits.  Guest play is common and happens all of the time.
- There is a forum, but it is used almost exclusively to post for teams looking for players, holding tryouts, looking for pickup (guest) players for a tournament.  Parents and coaches don't get on and lament about emphasis on winning over development, or poor umpires, or wring their hands because some team brought in a stud pickup pitcher and won a tournament last weekend...
- I have NEVER seen a ranking of local girls select softball teams in any age group, from U8 up to U18.

Despite all of this stuff that is in place in NTX soccer, but isn't in place in NTX softball, NTX still manages to be considered a regional hotbed of girls softball talent in the US (along with, and slightly behind, of course, SoCal).  Like soccer, the Brass Ring for 99% of the girls playing select softball in NTX is a College Scholarship, hopefully at a big time D1 program.  NTX regularly places girls on the US National Team, and the US has been dominant in international competition for years.

One of the biggest PERCEIVED things, is the lack or limited options parents have in the matter.  Level the playing field....No Contracts, no fees (only league play)(or maybe a small capped set amount)
.....take the money out of the equation and its a whole different ball game

"Where much is given (Time & Money).....much is expected"

...but the thing that has always perplexed me is why and how did paying coaches salaries and club dues to cover facilities and administrative costs become such an integral part of soccer vs. softball?

I will disagree with both of 4-3-3's points above. The socio-economic cross-section of families that I've dealt with in softball is not significantly different from what I've dealt with in soccer, and from my experience, by the time you get to the select levels at U12 and above in softball, the number of coaches who can (and do) truly teach the finer points of a fastpitch swing (much different from a baseball swing), or a pitching motion, or the footwork and fielding mechanics necessary to shave 0.2 seconds off of fielding a ball and getting a throw to 1st base, are just as few and far between as the soccer coaches that can and do teach the finer points.

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 03/03/15, 04:05 pm

Ferenc Puskás wrote:the FBR reinforces the emphasis on results and not development, has no positive purpose for the players, and may potentially result in players dropping the sport at an early age.  

Says the parent on a low-ranked team . . .

or on a higher ranked team afraid that Suzy might get replaced.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Looking04 03/03/15, 04:26 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:
Ferenc Puskás wrote:the FBR reinforces the emphasis on results and not development, has no positive purpose for the players, and may potentially result in players dropping the sport at an early age.  

Says the parent on a low-ranked team . . .

or on a higher ranked team afraid that Suzy might get replaced.

Man, you gotta learn how to manipulate the FBR.

Do like some 05 teams - register your mediocre team in one of the best leagues

Who cares if you get the $hit kicked out of you each week, your FBR league strength will give you a natural bump.

Then boost your win-loss record by finding tournaments where you can beat lower teams

Looking04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/03/15, 04:58 pm

bwgophers wrote:
I will disagree with both of 4-3-3's points above.  The socio-economic cross-section of families that I've dealt with in softball is not significantly different from what I've dealt with in soccer, and from my experience, by the time you get to the select levels at U12 and above in softball, the number of coaches who can (and do) truly teach the finer points of a fastpitch swing (much different from a baseball swing), or a pitching motion, or the footwork and fielding mechanics necessary to shave 0.2 seconds off of fielding a ball and getting a throw to 1st base, are just as few and far between as the soccer coaches that can and do teach the finer points.

I will defer to you. Truth be told I know absolutely nothing about softball. I was going by the types of folk I saw playing softball when I was growing up. Laughing

If you're saying softball is now a suburban sport with a nearly unlimited supply of parents willing and able to spend 5 to 10k per year on their kids sporting adventures, maybe it's only a matter of time before the softball coaches start cashing in?

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 03/03/15, 05:11 pm

Zizou wrote: Change the pressures on the kids and the parents just might reduce the amount one would pay an individual to be number #1 reducing the amount being paid to win could even increase the amount paid towards that coach with the knowledge and willingness to develope. This might even reduce the amount of dead beat coaches we have working the system because the money is so lucrative and easy to make.

The real crime is the parents who live vicariously through their child and don't recognize that the kid might be better off playing in Rec or for fun. They will pay the $3k for the uniform to a crappy coach who gets the same amount as the good coach. This is the insanity. The other side is the parent that has a kid with potential and falls prey to the crappy coach. There is one big club in Dallas making a living at it. Because of this I think the FBR is a good starting point, any information in this environment is useful.

When you have enough people willing to pay $3k for a coach and or club that is equivalent to high level rec, then the money will continue to flow. It will also blur the difference between quality and con man at the younger ages because most parents don't know any better without information.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 03/03/15, 05:36 pm

Man, I can't wait until someone realizes there is an 07 FBR. That's really going blow their minds.
The_Dude
The_Dude
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/03/15, 05:42 pm

Nah, the 08s is being worked up as we speak. Wait till that one... haha

Kicks 08 "defacto #1"

Shocked Cool Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 03/03/15, 05:52 pm

A wiser fella once told me.. "Sometimes you eat the bar & sometimes the bar.. well, he eats you".
The_Dude
The_Dude
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/03/15, 06:46 pm

Bars...Now we are talking!

Wait till I get my kegerator going Dude, will have to have you and little dudes over to burn some flesh and break it in!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 04/03/15, 08:28 am

Spring is a fine time to break one of those bad boys in with a side order of grub, count The Dude in.  

Uh-- and also, little dudes is not the preferred nomenclature.. Little Lebowski Urban Achievers, please.  Very Happy
The_Dude
The_Dude
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FBR08G 04/03/15, 10:14 am

Borussia wrote:Nah, the 08s is being worked up as we speak.  Wait till that one... haha

Kicks 08 "defacto #1"

Shocked Cool Very Happy

Taking notes here.....no defacto's in 08s Bo

Idea
FBR08G
FBR08G
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/03/15, 03:03 pm

Just found out his DDs team didn't have fall data included and dropped 20 spots... haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/03/15, 04:32 pm

Borussia wrote:Just found out his DDs team didn't have fall data included and dropped 20 spots... haha

More like dude tried to publish FBR for a year and got in over his head. He threatened to quit several times, but then 1 too many people questioned his motives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/03/15, 04:57 pm

Ah, love you to man. Keep throwing the darts. I'll be sure and say hi at futsal.

Anyone that wants to ask, Gophers will verify I've given up FBR.  

I do wish the knew guy the best of luck with it.  Pay no attention to the haters and PMs.  I couldnt, so I hope he/she can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/03/15, 05:48 pm

Borussia wrote:Ah, love you to man. Keep throwing the darts. I'll be sure and say hi at futsal.

I do wish the knew guy the best of luck with it.  Pay no attention to the haters and PMs.  I couldnt, so I hope he/she can.

Hey Bo, 4-3-3 wasn't talking about you... that's straight out of his autobiography... Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/03/15, 06:25 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Borussia wrote:Ah, love you to man. Keep throwing the darts. I'll be sure and say hi at futsal.

Hey Bo, 4-3-3 wasn't talking about you... that's straight out of his autobiography... Twisted Evil

No, I made it 2 years before I snapped....lol...not everyone is Teflon like you bw!

And lighten up Bo...u give some you get some...you know how this works mane.... Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/03/15, 07:01 pm

"Why can't we be friends " why can't we be friends"

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/03/15, 07:04 pm

I have much love for "the nation" , I'm just not a part of it anymore. FBR is in good hands... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by metro 07/03/15, 01:55 pm

Why I used to publish power rankings under different account and never look at PM's for that account.
metro
metro
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Let’sJustAllGoRec 09/03/15, 12:47 am

I think there are some positives of FBR even at such a young age. On our team, it gives our parents more realistic expectations before a game. If we are FBR ranked #13 and we are playing the #3 team, there is not much to complain about if we tie. Although I am sure the rankings are not perfect, they are pretty accurate from what I have seen. We don't discuss the rankings with our girls, but it is helpful to keep the parents realistic.

Let’sJustAllGoRec
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 09/03/15, 06:52 am

Why would you even be thinking in terms of win losses and ties. Their lies the problem! We should be thinking about games not it terms of who is #3 and #13 and did we tie. This type of thought process is what is hurting the development of our young soccer players. Parents are the front line of this problem.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferenc Puskás 09/03/15, 09:05 am

Zizou wrote:Why would you even be thinking in terms of win losses and ties. Their lies the problem! We should be thinking about games not it terms of who is #3 and #13 and did we tie. This type of thought process is what is hurting the development of our young soccer players. Parents are the front line of this problem.

Thank you. The ranking of teams that are in their introductory years of the game is not only pointless, but harmful.

Ferenc Puskás
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/03/15, 09:20 am

@puskas, at what age should a score be kept or anything of that nature come into play in your opinion?

I'm in full agreement with Zizou that the parent, FBR, $$$ are the driving evil with youth soccer and overall development of our talent pool, but I have no issue with a score being kept, or there being winners and losers.

That's life, I'm not a participation ribbon kind of guy, but I also firmly believe in players being allowed to play and coaches being allowed to coach regardless of the scoreboard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum