North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

U9G SuperCopa Last 4 Spots - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

U9G SuperCopa Last 4 Spots

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

U9G SuperCopa Last 4 Spots - Page 2 Empty Re: U9G SuperCopa Last 4 Spots

Post by Blues Fan 09/04/15, 09:56 am

It was the qualifying tourney for the SuperCopa and the results of said tournament are a hell of lot better than inviting a team because of privileges afforded the Big Clubs.
Ok, so we go with the data over the last two seasons, Sting Fuego is in because they won the QT. Agreed? Sting Black(FBR #1) is in because of the data. Oops, big problem, Sting Fuego has 2 maybe 3 players for the SuperCopa because they are actually Sting Black with a couple of guest players. At least at the time of the QT they were Sting Black, Fuego may have enough to field a team now but it won't be the team that won the QT, because that was Sting Black.
Ok, lets use another example, Selecao is in because they are defacto #1 and in my opinion they are on a different level. Consensus? Well, Kicks North Weir (FBR #2) loses two of their best players because they are playing on Selecao. So how good is the data? FBR is a guide, it's not the be-all-end-all. So arguing over 1 week results against data with a ton of changing variables is tough on either side of the argument.
Shepard was a mid 20's team before they picked up the players from Sting Black and a few others. In the QT tourney they beat what the data said was then #1 SRSA, #5 Solar Pulp, #9 Bellatorres, and lost to #3 Sting Black(Fuego) in the finals. Ask the previous FBR master, Shepard's results skewed FBR to the point that 30's ranked teams jumped just outside the top 10 (need to fact check me, could be exaggerated, my memory is not that good). FBR is just a guide not the gospel.
Again, my statement was that tourney results were better than Big Club privileges, nothing more. Dude, I'm guessing you think TCU should have been ranked ahead of Baylor because the data said so, forget the fact that Baylor actually beat TCU in a football game. Razz

Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/04/15, 10:09 am

You had to drag me into this...haha

What he speaks is the truth though... FBRs from Fall had Shepard at #34 and #21, those were the October and December FBRs.

when i went to do FBR in spring I had teams that were solid 40s/30s that jumped to hight teens and one inside the top 10 because of wins against shepard in the fall.

I had to completely remove all of Shepards game data from the entire fall season, unlike the rest of the teams that had all their game data, just to get FBR to look somewhat correct.  and before any consipracy theorists get going it was simply to settle things down... on paper FCD Shepard after those wins belonged where they were.  Elite 06 though was not a #8 ranked team... no offense to Elite 06.

The shepard team that took the field early this spring was greatly improved with th talent infusion they recieved and even more so with the defensive help of the FCD Hanlon players for the qualifier...

take it for what its worth.. keep in mind FBR rewards you highly for Who you play and who your opponents play... Strength of Schedule...

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 09/04/15, 10:49 am

totalfootball wrote:Kicks north and selecao have the same engines

Good point. But didn't I read somewhere that DTS South and FCD Shepard have selecao engines as well?
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 09/04/15, 10:53 am

Blues Fan wrote:It was the qualifying tourney for the SuperCopa and the results of said tournament are a hell of lot better than inviting a team because of privileges afforded the Big Clubs.
Ok, so we go with the data over the last two seasons, Sting Fuego is in because they won the QT. Agreed? Sting Black(FBR #1) is in because of the data. Oops, big problem, Sting Fuego has 2 maybe 3 players for the SuperCopa because they are actually Sting Black with a couple of guest players. At least at the time of the QT they were Sting Black, Fuego may have enough to field a team now but it won't be the team that won the QT, because that was Sting Black.
Ok, lets use another example, Selecao is in because they are defacto #1 and in my opinion they are on a different level. Consensus? Well, Kicks North Weir (FBR #2) loses two of their best players because they are playing on Selecao. So how good is the data? FBR is a guide, it's not the be-all-end-all. So arguing over 1 week results against data with a ton of changing variables is tough on either side of the argument.
Shepard was a mid 20's team before they picked up the players from Sting Black and a few others. In the QT tourney they beat what the data said was then #1 SRSA, #5 Solar Pulp, #9 Bellatorres, and lost to #3 Sting Black(Fuego) in the finals. Ask the previous FBR master, Shepard's results skewed FBR to the point that 30's ranked teams jumped just outside the top 10 (need to fact check me, could be exaggerated, my memory is not that good).  FBR is just a guide not the gospel.  
Again, my statement was that tourney results were better than Big Club privileges, nothing more. Dude, I'm guessing you think TCU should have been ranked ahead of Baylor because the data said so, forget the fact that Baylor actually beat TCU in a football game. Razz

Ok, so you just explained Shepard's entry into the top 10 in FBR, not into supercopa. Pre-QT, and post QT, what have you seen that explains their inclusion other than club name?
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 09/04/15, 11:27 am

Blues Fan wrote:It was the qualifying tourney for the SuperCopa and the results of said tournament are a hell of lot better than inviting a team because of privileges afforded the Big Clubs.
Shepard was a mid 20's team before they picked up the players from Sting Black and a few others. In the QT tourney they beat what the data said was then #1 SRSA, #5 Solar Pulp, #9 Bellatorres, and lost to #3 Sting Black(Fuego) in the finals. Ask the previous FBR master, Shepard's results skewed FBR to the point that 30's ranked teams jumped just outside the top 10 (need to fact check me, could be exaggerated, my memory is not that good).  FBR is just a guide not the gospel.  

Your analogy is correct but outcome is wrong. Tcu should have been ranked higher than Baylor because...well Baylor develops good baptists not good athletes. Likewise with fcd they develop dues paying ppl teams not competitive ones.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 09/04/15, 11:29 am

There is some validity to 06DD's argument. But what he/she is missing is that the bottom line for this tourney, and every one just like it, is well, the bottom line. These tourneys, while they sell top level competition, they are about making money as well. How do you do that? By getting teams to fly in, stay at the local hotels, eat at local restaurants, and shop at your local shopping centers. And there is nothing wrong with that. At this age, no one knows outside of the teams they see on a week to week basis, which u9 teams are truly worth traveling to play against. So how do you get those teams to agree to traveling and spending $$$? By giving them games against known competition, i.e. big clubs with national name recognition.
Keep in mind that this is the 1st year for this tourney on the girls side. So hopefully the NTX teams can give the out-of -town teams some incentive to come back and keep this thing growing to the level of the boys tourney.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KickLikeAGirl 09/04/15, 12:33 pm

On the SuperCopa website it only shows Sting Fuego and Kicks Seleceo confirmed from NTX. Is DTS, Shep and SRSA a sure thing or is this speculation?
http://www.premiersupercopag.com/#!teams/c3j4

KickLikeAGirl
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/04/15, 12:34 pm

I know for a fact that DTS and SRSA were extended invites this week with today being the deadline to accept and register.  

I owe someone some money on a bet placed, so thats how I know.

Cant say about FCD Shepard.

Last edited by Borussia on 09/04/15, 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 09/04/15, 12:35 pm

06DD wrote:

Ok, so you just explained Shepard's entry into the top 10 in FBR, not into supercopa. Pre-QT, and post QT, what have you seen that explains their inclusion other than club name?

I just gave it to you, their result from the QT for the SuperCopa. I guess LHGCL is going to get rid of their QTs, since its only the one tourney snapshot. Instead they are going to go with the last two years of data to decide who gets in to LHGCL.
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 09/04/15, 12:42 pm

Blues Fan wrote:
06DD wrote:

I just gave it to you, their result from the QT for the SuperCopa. I guess LHGCL is going to get rid of their QTs, since its only the one tourney snapshot. Instead they are going to go with the last two years of data to decide who gets in to LHGCL.

Why not just use FBR?  I mean, they already use it for seeding.

Oh yeah - the $ in the seeding tournament!  Of course, they could just give everyone a BYE and STILL charge them $625 for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 09/04/15, 12:56 pm

soccerjack wrote:

Your analogy is correct but outcome is wrong.  Tcu should have been ranked higher than Baylor because...well Baylor develops good baptists not good athletes. Likewise with fcd they develop dues paying ppl teams not competitive ones.

Really, good baptists? lol, as for FCD, I'm pulling my DD out of there today. No reason to keep paying those dues to practice on those beautiful grass fields 5 minutes from my house when the best we are going to do is PPL. I didn't realize I was wasting my money. Just what the world needs, another guy painting with big broad strokes. At this age, for my DD, it is all about the coach, not the club.
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 09/04/15, 01:01 pm

Blues Fan wrote:
06DD wrote:

Why would they? LH doesn't claim to look at a team's performance for acceptance. They have a QT for entry into their league. But you probably knew that already.
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 09/04/15, 01:05 pm

06DD wrote:
Blues Fan wrote:
06DD wrote:

Why would they? LH doesn't claim to look at a team's performance for acceptance. They have a QT for entry into their league. But you probably knew that already.

It's called sarcasm, I'm guessing it's not coming across well in the written word.
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 09/04/15, 01:07 pm

Blues Fan wrote:
soccerjack wrote:

Your analogy is correct but outcome is wrong.  Tcu should have been ranked higher than Baylor because...well Baylor develops good baptists not good athletes. Likewise with fcd they develop dues paying ppl teams not competitive ones.

Really, good baptists? lol, as for FCD, I'm pulling my DD out of there today. No reason to keep paying those dues to practice on those beautiful grass fields 5 minutes from my house when the best we are going to do is PPL. I didn't realize I was wasting my money. Just what the world needs, another guy painting with big broad strokes. At this age, for my DD, it is all about the coach, not the club.

Please.  How many times has your DD practiced on those grass fields in the last year?  The grass is closed in summer (too hot), closed when too wet, closed after the first freeze and well into the new year, closed for no reason, closed to re-seed, closed for other tournaments.  Then they move you to the turf - where they have as many as 12+ teams on a field.  Or even more when they rent one of the turf fields out to Frisco schools or FSA.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 09/04/15, 01:28 pm

BluesFan, mark it zero.. that's not what I was saying at all.  Data only goes so far, come crunch time you win or go home period.  DTS, FCD & SRSA had a great showings at the QT, no question about that.  I’m simply saying the recent invites do suggest the QT was the sole consideration for the remaining invites contrary to what we were initially told.  

Lots of leagues or sports have one shot tourneys, LHGCL, Classic League (boys), but every teams seeding & ultimately their schedule is based upon their prior results.  They don’t just thrown them in randomly and hope for the best.  Imagine the kick in the shorts the NCAA would take if they paired Kentucky, Duke, Wisconsin & Mich St against each other the 1st day of March Madness.

Hopefully next year the communication & organization is better.  

Good luck to all the NTX teams participating!
The_Dude
The_Dude
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 09/04/15, 01:29 pm

Never, we are one of those dues paying teams destined for PPL. They would never let a non-competitive team like us on those fields? We get to look at them and they are really pretty. Every once in a while, we get to walk out and retrieve a stray ball.
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 09/04/15, 01:44 pm

The_Dude wrote:BluesFan, mark it zero.. that's not what I was saying at all.  Data only goes so far, come crunch time you win or go home period.  DTS, FCD & SRSA had a great showings at the QT, no question about that.  I’m simply saying the recent invites do suggest the QT was the sole consideration for the remaining invites contrary to what we were initially told.  

Lots of leagues or sports have one shot tourneys, LHGCL, Classic League (boys), but every teams seeding & ultimately their schedule is based upon their prior results.  They don’t just thrown them in randomly and hope for the best.  Imagine the kick in the shorts the NCAA would take if they paired Kentucky, Duke, Wisconsin & Mich St against each other the 1st day of March Madness.

Agree, I was just trying to make the point that there are some serious flaws in the data that is fed in to FBR especially with all the teams sharing players within the clubs, coaches/managers changing names, black, white, red, magenta, fuego, with this player, without this player. It all adds to the difficulty to accurately pick the best teams to represent NTX for a tournament like the SuperCopa.
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 09/04/15, 01:48 pm

Blues Fan wrote:
The_Dude wrote:BluesFan, mark it zero.. that's not what I was saying at all.  Data only goes so far, come crunch time you win or go home period.  DTS, FCD & SRSA had a great showings at the QT, no question about that.  I’m simply saying the recent invites do suggest the QT was the sole consideration for the remaining invites contrary to what we were initially told.  

Agree, I was just trying to make the point that there are some serious flaws in the data that is fed in to FBR especially with all the teams sharing players within the clubs, coaches/managers changing names, black, white, red, magenta, fuego, with this player, without this player. It all adds to the difficulty to accurately pick the best teams to represent NTX for a tournament like the SuperCopa.  

Oh sure, blame it on the managers!

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/04/15, 02:02 pm

totalfootball wrote:I apologize borussia , everyone has their usual profiling issues.   I am sure you know the plot on this one and so does every 06 coach in NTX.  For a minute, I thought you were the creator of this mess. To clarify, kicks north is as good or better as any top teams that are in the super copa.

You have me confused. '06DD is the one that kicked this thing off with the disparaging comments, which I appreciate. It's been good reading. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 09/04/15, 02:06 pm

Blues Fan wrote:

Now this is something we can agree on.
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/04/15, 02:07 pm

I actually read one of the invites sent out... and I quote...

"Your teams performance over the last year"...

So in writing it stated it was not just the QT.

Yall need to all chill until someone actually says FCD Shepard got in. No one has yet to come on here and say they did.

Lol, man.

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 09/04/15, 02:10 pm

Sho'nuff wrote:
totalfootball wrote:I apologize borussia , everyone has their usual profiling issues.   I am sure you know the plot on this one and so does every 06 coach in NTX.  For a minute, I thought you were the creator of this mess. To clarify, kicks north is as good or better as any top teams that are in the super copa.

You have me confused.  '06DD is the one that kicked this thing off with the disparaging comments, which I appreciate.  It's been good reading.  Laughing
Me? What did I say?
FCD and Texans are big clubs. Does anyone dispute that?
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 09/04/15, 02:20 pm

Sorry Dude, last one and I'm done. Not a good example, Duke, Kentucky & Wisconsin & Michigan St. don't share players during the season. They have the same roster of players from the start of one season to the end of the Tourney.
FBR probably becomes more accurate as the team's rosters become more stable in that last season before QTs. Wonder if anyone has compared the end of spring FBR before QTs to the rankings after the teams 1st year in LHGCL. I'm guessing the top 2 or 3 don't change much but I would guess that 4-10 would have some movement.
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/04/15, 02:42 pm

Here is a question for BWgophers.

When you started FBR with the 01s... how prevalent was it to see multiple guest players every weekend on large numbers of squads when they were in academy?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 09/04/15, 02:57 pm

Personally, I thought it was a very good example.. and I know very little about college basketball.  But wait.. are you telling me not all of my DD's teammates go to her school?  Seriously?? Very Happy Very Happy
The_Dude
The_Dude
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotShot36 09/04/15, 03:03 pm

Blues Fan wrote:

Sorry Dude, last one and I'm done. Not a good example, Duke, Kentucky & Wisconsin & Michigan St. don't share players during the season. They have the same roster of players from the start of one season to the end of the Tourney.
FBR probably becomes more accurate as the team's rosters become more stable in that last season before QTs. Wonder if anyone has compared the end of spring FBR before QTs to the rankings after the teams 1st year in LHGCL. I'm guessing the top 2 or 3 don't change much but I would guess that 4-10 would have some movement.

Bwgophers did it for the 03's last year

http://www.txsoccer.net/t23567-03-final-fbr-vs-today
HotShot36
HotShot36
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next