North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

FBR 06AP 6-27-2016 - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

FBR 06AP 6-27-2016

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FBR 06AP 6-27-2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 06AP 6-27-2016

Post by Guest 28/06/16, 02:42 pm

This is the most inaccurate FBR I have seen just prior to signing in years. It isn't all that surprising with the sloppy introduction of AP and JDL, but King Tut will have too many lopsided games due to the inaccuracy of FBR, which they claim "not to use." In years past, you could slot the top 10-15 at LH Qualifying without the help of the King Tut tourney, but beyond the top three (DTS, Red and Sting) its a crap shoot.

I don't think you need to merge Blue and Black....they basically share a roster.

Back to top Go down

Post by ifyourreadingthisits2late 28/06/16, 03:21 pm

I agree with you that all governing soccer organizations could of been more transparent and timely in some of the organizational changes that they have imposed or recommended over the last year. I don't think the dust will finally settle until league play starts this fall and the announcement of the DA's. My sources tell me that FCD, Solar, and Texans will get, but all will be effected.

Personally I am excited for some of the changes. Especially regarding less emphasis being placed on rankings, scores, and the "win now, short sided development" that we have all fallen victims to.

Do you know how hard it is for a coach to truly teach the game correctly to a group of kids in this current environment? Nearly impossible especially if you don't have an experienced players with elite athletic attributes. When you have an environment that has such of an emphasis on winning it detracts from all of us developing regardless if you are #1 team, or #40 team. When coaches are trying to win for this or that EVERY WEEKEND when do they have time to try different things tactically in a game environment? They don't because they don't want the losing record or get smashed by the other team for it will deter from their perception of being successful, or attracting new players. Is it attractive in this culture to go to a team that lost 0-8 last weekend, and ranked 45th. Perception says NO, current reality says NO.

Can't wait to NOT keep score. Let the coaches and players develop in a fair and reasonable environment. What will the parents do on the sidelines? Maybe have a chance to learn the game as well.

ifyourreadingthisits2late
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 28/06/16, 03:31 pm

ifyourreadingthisits2late wrote:I agree with you that all governing soccer organizations could of been more transparent and timely in some of the organizational changes that they have imposed or recommended over the last year.  I don't think the dust will finally settle until league play starts this fall and the announcement of the DA's.  My sources tell me that FCD, Solar, and Texans will get, but all will be effected.  

Personally I am excited for some of the changes.  Especially regarding less emphasis being placed on rankings, scores, and the "win now, short sided development" that we have all fallen victims to.  

Do you know how hard it is for a coach to truly teach the game correctly to a group of kids in this current environment?   Nearly impossible especially if you don't have an experienced players with elite athletic attributes.   When you have an environment that has such of an emphasis on winning it detracts from all of us developing regardless if you are #1 team, or #40 team.   When coaches are trying to win for this or that EVERY WEEKEND when do they have time to try different things tactically in a game environment?  They don't because they don't want the losing record or get smashed by the other team for it will deter from their perception of being successful, or attracting new players.   Is it attractive in this culture to go to a team that lost 0-8 last weekend, and ranked 45th.   Perception says NO, current reality says NO.

Can't wait to NOT keep score.  Let the coaches and players develop in a fair and reasonable environment.     What will the parents do on the sidelines?   Maybe have a chance to learn the game as well.  
Not saying I disagree with you, but couldn't the teams save a whole lot of money and just advertise for scrimmages week in/week out?
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 28/06/16, 03:35 pm

ifyourreadingthisits2late wrote:

Can't wait to NOT keep score.  Let the coaches and players develop in a fair and reasonable environment.     What will the parents do on the sidelines?   Maybe have a chance to learn the game as well.  

Pretty naive to think parents/coaches won't keep score and if Team A beat Team B 8-0 in JDL, it would be on the forum in minutes, always trying to gain the recruiting edge.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/06/16, 03:45 pm

Shake_and_Bake wrote:This is the most inaccurate FBR I have seen just prior to signing in years.  It isn't all that surprising with the sloppy introduction of AP and JDL, but King Tut will have too many lopsided games due to the inaccuracy of FBR, which they claim "not to use."  In years past, you could slot the top 10-15 at LH Qualifying without the help of the King Tut tourney, but beyond the top three (DTS, Red and Sting) its a crap shoot.  

Just like clockwork...

Every year, right around this time, someone comes on here to claim how inaccurate FBR is heading into QT. Every year, King TuT results get factored in and help dial in the final FBR even more. Every year, FBR ends up hitting it at close to 85% accuracy.

I've seen nothing in the landscape or recent results to suggest it will be any different this year. Time will tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by ifyourreadingthisits2late 28/06/16, 04:08 pm

SD69: I like your point about scheduling friendlies for economics and development. Problem is clubs being consistent with their participation.

I have done this small sided with older/younger and boys/girls teams. Nobody is keeping scores, both coaches on field, and freely stopping play for tactical corrections.

TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/06/16, 04:08 pm

ifyourreadingthisits2late wrote:I agree with you that all governing soccer organizations could of been more transparent and timely in some of the organizational changes that they have imposed or recommended over the last year.  I don't think the dust will finally settle until league play starts this fall and the announcement of the DA's.  My sources tell me that FCD, Solar, and Texans will get, but all will be effected.  

Personally I am excited for some of the changes.  Especially regarding less emphasis being placed on rankings, scores, and the "win now, short sided development" that we have all fallen victims to.  

Do you know how hard it is for a coach to truly teach the game correctly to a group of kids in this current environment?   Nearly impossible especially if you don't have an experienced players with elite athletic attributes.   When you have an environment that has such of an emphasis on winning it detracts from all of us developing regardless if you are #1 team, or #40 team.   When coaches are trying to win for this or that EVERY WEEKEND when do they have time to try different things tactically in a game environment?  They don't because they don't want the losing record or get smashed by the other team for it will deter from their perception of being successful, or attracting new players.   Is it attractive in this culture to go to a team that lost 0-8 last weekend, and ranked 45th.   Perception says NO, current reality says NO.

What a crock of sh*t. How is keeping score and using rankings ruining the purity or popularity of soccer? Are we ranked 51st in Women's International soccer? did our national team lose to a rec team and I missed it? We have been keeping score and using rankings in most other organized youth sports including Baseball and Basketball for decades. I see more hitting coaches in baseball, more dribbling camps in basketball, etc...at younger and younger ages. Same goes for Tennis, Golf, etc. Are you telling me that is ruining the purity of those games.

Should we take away the king in Chess until you reach grand master level? Should we stop grading students until college? Stop making excuses, and drop the philosophical nonsense. Some of us base results on W/L percentage, others focus on their child's happiness and still others on development. Most rational people accept that our DD isn't the next Carli Lloyd. We are teaching our kids the value of hard work, physical fitness, commitment, teamwork, competition and winning/losing. Those are the skills they will need far beyond a soccer field. Get over yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 28/06/16, 04:16 pm

Sho'Nuff wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
Sho'Nuff wrote:I think Solar Red is the only team that did not post open practices for JDL.

You think they plan on drawing kids from the mediocre solar teams, so they can beat sting black?

I think Solar is setting up well for DA, ECNL, Composite, and a couple LH byes.

Actually...DA, ECNL, and two Texas Champions League teams. That's probably 70 girls playing elite competition.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/06/16, 04:23 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Shake_and_Bake wrote:This is the most inaccurate FBR I have seen just prior to signing in years.  It isn't all that surprising with the sloppy introduction of AP and JDL, but King Tut will have too many lopsided games due to the inaccuracy of FBR, which they claim "not to use."  In years past, you could slot the top 10-15 at LH Qualifying without the help of the King Tut tourney, but beyond the top three (DTS, Red and Sting) its a crap shoot.  

Just like clockwork...

Every year, right around this time, someone comes on here to claim how inaccurate FBR is heading into QT.  Every year, King TuT results get factored in and help dial in the final FBR even more.  Every year, FBR ends up hitting it at close to 85% accuracy.

I've seen nothing in the landscape or recent results to suggest it will be any different this year.  Time will tell.

With all due respect your excellency, I think you may have been smoking some of that Kentucky Bluegrass and Northern California sensimila; Carl.  I said, "In years past, you could slot the top 10-15 at LH Qualifying without the help of the King Tut tourney."  Tell me a past year when you had a team that had only played in one tourney like Kicks and was top 5?  5 five of the top 20 have less than 10 games together as AP.  It's an anomaly year.

Back to top Go down

Post by ifyourreadingthisits2late 28/06/16, 04:27 pm

Shake and Bake: Not talking about the purity or popularity. Talking about the development.

The women is this country are far more experienced in the game of soccer for they started way earlier. Unfortunately most countries don't have the economic resources to fairly support their woman's teams. Our competitive advantage in women's soccer have lessened because we are being outpaced in development, hence the reason why USSF imposed the DA for the girls side. They know it and admit. Only a novice like you cant decipher this.

You post is ignorant and you are a typical no nothing NTX soccer parent. You probably go to tractor pulls on Saturday nights after 8 hours of the NASCAR experience on your coach.

I can see you at the water cooler right now, "we are undefeated, sally scored eight goals-leads the league, we haven't lost in a year."

TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/06/16, 04:34 pm

ifyourreadingthisits2late wrote:Shake and Bake:  Not talking about the purity or popularity.  Talking about the development.

The women is this country are far more experienced in the game of soccer for they started way earlier.  Unfortunately most countries don't have the economic resources to fairly support their woman's teams.   Our competitive advantage in women's soccer have lessened because we are being outpaced in development, hence the reason why USSF imposed the DA for the girls side.  They know it and admit.  Only a novice like you cant decipher this.  

You post is ignorant and you are a typical no nothing NTX soccer parent.   You probably go to tractor pulls on Saturday nights after 8 hours of the NASCAR experience on your coach.  

I can see you at the water cooler right now, "we are undefeated, sally scored eight goals-leads the league, we haven't lost in a year."  

you is correct, I sit on my coach all weekend long watching Nascar and drinking Bud light beer. You is two smart. with language skillz like yuz got, I can imagine you a doctor or lawyer. I wants to to learn from you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/06/16, 05:15 pm

Shake_and_Bake wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Just like clockwork...

Every year, right around this time, someone comes on here to claim how inaccurate FBR is heading into QT.  Every year, King TuT results get factored in and help dial in the final FBR even more.  Every year, FBR ends up hitting it at close to 85% accuracy.

I've seen nothing in the landscape or recent results to suggest it will be any different this year.  Time will tell.

With all due respect your excellency, I think you may have been smoking some of that Kentucky Bluegrass and Northern California sensimila; Carl.  I said, "In years past, you could slot the top 10-15 at LH Qualifying without the help of the King Tut tourney."  Tell me a past year when you had a team that had only played in one tourney like Kicks and was top 5?  5 five of the top 20 have less than 10 games together as AP.  It's an anomaly year.

Texans '02, SRSA '03, & LP Elite '04... but who's counting...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/06/16, 05:31 pm

Did you just compare the one-time tournament Kicks JM 2-1-1 team to LP Rase 04, SRSA 03 and Texans 02 teams? Carl, Carl, Carl....what are you doing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/06/16, 05:42 pm

Shake_and_Bake wrote:Did you just compare the one-time tournament Kicks JM 2-1-1 team to LP Rase 04, SRSA 03 and Texans 02 teams?  Carl, Carl, Carl....what are you doing?

No.  I answered your question.  You asked if there were any teams that only played 1 tournament leading up to QT who were ranked in the Top 5 FBR in recent years, and I gave you three examples of exactly that.

The fact of the matter is, FBR is designed to work well to compare teams that play a small # of games to teams that play a large # of games.  It's also designed to work well to compare teams that play tough competition and lose a bunch, to teams that play weak competition and win a bunch.  Doesn't matter if were talking about top 5, top 20, or top 50.

I'd be surprised if there are more than 1 or 2 teams going to QT this summer, who are going to bypass King TuT this year (heck, if I'm reading the schedule correctly, you can't play Puma Cup and play QT this year, so you'll have to go to TuT).  If teams haven't played many games together prior to TuT, well, their TuT results are going to have a significant impact on where they are ranked in FBR.  Conversely, teams that have had their AP rosters set and have been playing with them throughout the latter part of the Spring league and tourney season, won't be impacted as much by King TuT results, but their TuT results probably won't be too much out of line from their recent league and tourney results.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, as I am entitled to mine.  Mine is that based on my experience working with FBR, even with the current chaos (real or overblown), FBR will adjust well and will be close to it's historical reliability.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 28/06/16, 07:17 pm

Shake_and_Bake wrote:
ifyourreadingthisits2late wrote:Shake and Bake:  Not talking about the purity or popularity.  Talking about the development.

The women is this country are far more experienced in the game of soccer for they started way earlier.  Unfortunately most countries don't have the economic resources to fairly support their woman's teams.   Our competitive advantage in women's soccer have lessened because we are being outpaced in development, hence the reason why USSF imposed the DA for the girls side.  They know it and admit.  Only a novice like you cant decipher this.  

You post is ignorant and you are a typical no nothing NTX soccer parent.   You probably go to tractor pulls on Saturday nights after 8 hours of the NASCAR experience on your coach.  

you is correct, I sit on my coach all weekend long watching Nascar and drinking Bud light beer.  You is two smart.  with language skillz like yuz got, I can imagine you a doctor or lawyer.  I wants to to learn from you.

Gotta go with shake n bake on this...I think 2 late is a little naive or wishful in thinking. There is "in my opinion" a handful of coaches in ntx that have developed and taught the game before all this bs and will do it after. Then there are a very large number who go for the win with the big fast 10 yr olds to keep the money Rollin. A lot of these hacks already work for the bigs who are driven by profit. "No problem with making profit". Just don't see how cutting out competition will make development better. So 2 late take your kid to the fcd pink composite team, because they have your Dds best interest at heart and let it rip. You might want to go catch a nascar race and pick up some common sense also. It amazes me to see how many adults talk about international implications of 10 yr olds playing a sport...that most will quit by the end of hs or before..:.:.now does anyone know what channel that nude mud wrestling, tractor pull, nascar race is on? I'm gonna pop me some pearl beers and relax.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 28/06/16, 07:24 pm

And btw.....why didn't someone tell me that solar red, blue and black were all the same team....I guess you can't combine them to beat sting black now...very lfc like.  You'll never walk alone, just with the same players on multiple teams. Did I forget to slam anyone?

I'd also like to thank the 06g fbr thread for hosting all this silliness and the 2 mediocre solar church ladies.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/06/16, 07:50 pm

soccerjack wrote:And btw.....why didn't someone tell me that solar red, blue and black were all the same team....I guess you can't combine them to beat sting black now...very lfc like.  You'll never walk alone, just with the same players on multiple teams. Did I forget to slam anyone?

I'd also like to thank the 06g fbr thread for hosting all this silliness and the 2 mediocre solar church ladies.

To be fair jack, if you're trying to share the love you did forget the Texans Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 28/06/16, 08:04 pm

Cleansheets wrote:
soccerjack wrote:And btw.....why didn't someone tell me that solar red, blue and black were all the same team....I guess you can't combine them to beat sting black now...very lfc like.  You'll never walk alone, just with the same players on multiple teams. Did I forget to slam anyone?

To be fair jack, if you're trying to share the love you did forget the Texans Razz

Great respect for the Texans. Like the recruiting process a drivers license, human growth hormone and catching the ball midair are all expected at age 10. Seem to be to focused on defense and not giving up goals though.

As far as dts...if I don't start nuttin...ain't gonna be nuttin.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PDXsoccer 28/06/16, 09:04 pm

Cleansheets wrote:

Just to be clear, Solar Black and Blue may share some players (IDK), but I can assure you Solar Red does not. Not sure where you are getting your info, or maybe you are just making it up on your own

PDXsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 28/06/16, 10:14 pm

PDXsoccer13 wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:

Just to be clear, Solar Black and Blue may share some players (IDK), but I can assure you Solar Red does not.   Not sure where you are getting your info, or maybe you are just making it up on your own
M

Thanks for the clarification...you solar red knucklehead.....no one cares as much as you do.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/06/16, 10:41 pm

PDXsoccer13 wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:

Just to be clear, Solar Black and Blue may share some players (IDK), but I can assure you Solar Red does not.   Not sure where you are getting your info, or maybe you are just making it up on your own
I thought everyone on here made stuff up.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad2008 29/06/16, 09:48 pm

The rest of Solar wants nothing to do with black or blue.

SoccerDad2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 29/06/16, 09:59 pm

SoccerDad2008 wrote:The rest of Solar wants nothing to do with black or blue.

That's not nice....what did black n blue do to the rest of you? Seems like a couple of good teams, according to fbr.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad2008 29/06/16, 10:24 pm

Arrogance and attitude only makes enemies.

Have you seen them play? The best teams have more than just aggression.

SoccerDad2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 01/07/16, 12:34 pm

SoccerDad2008 wrote:Arrogance and attitude only makes enemies.  

Have you seen them play?  The best teams have more than just aggression.

Your posts show you are arrogant and there is an attitude problem.

Every team has it style. Solar Black/Blue and our coach focus on technical and tactical more than anything else.

I am very happy about the technical progress my dd made over the past year. I would not surprise they turn out to be the best teams in the near future.

Last edited by PowerKick on 01/07/16, 01:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad2008 01/07/16, 12:51 pm

The parents and kids of black telling everybody in Solar how much better they are is the definition of arrogance. Try a little class for once. You have managed to make the entire club an enemy because of the attitude. We are talking about 9 and 10 year old kids here.

You are delusional to think you can beat the top 3 teams. The only one you played beat you 6-0. Since then you have managed to avoid them instead of proving how good you are.

SoccerDad2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next