North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

02 Rowdy/Texans - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

02 Rowdy/Texans

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

02 Rowdy/Texans - Page 2 Empty Re: 02 Rowdy/Texans

Post by skynet 21/08/11, 05:34 am

Guest wrote:
Messi Mess wrote:
Capt. Caveman wrote:
Messi Mess wrote:
Blank77 wrote:
Capt. Caveman wrote:OP's statement is mere speculation, with no basis in facts and without any knowledge of this team's inner workings, this team is in a transition phase and anyone who believes an in-depth and accurate assessment of this team, David May's previous commitment and development of this team or the skill level and quality of the players can be made in one initial visit is an absolute idiot or a drama king or queen.

As a matter of fact you sound like a delusional, disgruntled parent, a hater, who thinks their kid is Pele in a skirt and your A$$ should be kissed. So what if no one spoke to you? Clearly NOBODY KNOWS WHO YOU ARE NOT THERE OR NOW (as you make your comment as a guest).

DT-Higginbotham is as strong as they ever were as Rowdies, and will only get better.
Ever hear of sneaky deceitful people?
um, wow - there are some pretty hyper-sensitive conclusions drawn their capt!

So is it a tense time over there now or is your DD one on the "B team" as OP mentioned?
YES she was, mom on here all the time-come on now-fever/penn you know this mom

This is same noise that starts when the teams go select... teams trying to get stronger, parents frustrated and looking/hoping for better players to join their team since the right combination seems to be somewhere else. Can DT-Higg attract a stud from KAT or Grubbs?
So Capt. Caveman is a hairy woman with hormone issues? Shocked So is it safe to assume Blank 77 is a 34 yr old guy who's shooting blanks? And Messi Mess is a little latino whose full of $@#%?
Ever hear of sneaky decietful people???

skynet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 23/08/11, 04:02 pm

Capt. Caveman wrote:

So Capt. Caveman is a hairy woman with hormone issues? Shocked So is it safe to assume Blank 77 is a 34 yr old guy who's shooting blanks? And Messi Mess is a little latino whose full of $@#%?

Probably not, do you see how many kids I got? My Mexican buddies rag on me, and that is saying something.
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzed 23/08/11, 11:12 pm

Guest wrote:After watching the new RH Texans last night, I would encourage players to attend the practice if you want to try out for this team. He clearly seperated the teams into an A team and a B team. The A team had what I would think be the starters nd studs maybe one who is not a starter.A team was very strong, kids with a lot of talent on the T-shirt team. B team(pennys) -not so much. I guess what Im saying is dont be scared away by this teams record. They do have B team players who can be beat out-now will he do it this quickly-I dont know. Just somethin to think about. People in soccer world often think of ths as an exclusive group, I saw about half of the team as top notch players, who were heads above your avg. 9/10 year old girl -but not whole team. Be ready for not-so-warm parents thoogh. Not mean or anything -they just are not going to come over and shoot the breeze and intoduce themselves.

Wow. I am really glad my dd doesn't play for this team. This is pretty cut throat pretty early.

Blitzed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/08/11, 08:44 am

it's a year out from qualifying, time to start putting his stamp on the team. It's not cut throat it's the reality of select.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 24/08/11, 08:58 am

go99 wrote:it's a year out from qualifying, time to start putting his stamp on the team. It's not cut throat it's the reality of select.

Ohhh, that's why they call it "select"! In all seriousness, any top team coach should be creating an atmosphere of competitiveness and all parents and kids need to know that from the coach that he will put the best players on the field. If this is understood from the start then you can't complain. Any kid(parent) coming out to try out should be aware of this! The coach owes it to the other parents to try and put the most competetive team he can on the field!
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 24/08/11, 09:09 am

Agreed. There are plenty of teams that will happily take your money and give you a solid coach in a developmental atmosphere, but on the top teams at each club, it starts early. They have to win or the studs will go someplace that will.
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by #1soccer 25/08/11, 08:19 am

Why hasn't anyone reponded to the location/day/time that this magical team trains so that tough players can try out, I promise feelings will not be hurt.

#1soccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 25/08/11, 08:22 am

Maybe it gets Tweeted 1 hour before practice.
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : Sometimes, when you mess with the bull, you get the horns!

Back to top Go down

Post by just a fan 25/08/11, 08:24 am

Check out Ross Stewart today at 400 or 430.
just a fan
just a fan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/11, 09:31 am

mcik17 wrote:
go99 wrote:it's a year out from qualifying, time to start putting his stamp on the team. It's not cut throat it's the reality of select.

Ohhh, that's why they call it "select"! In all seriousness, any top team coach should be creating an atmosphere of competitiveness and all parents and kids need to know that from the coach that he will put the best players on the field. If this is understood from the start then you can't complain. Any kid(parent) coming out to try out should be aware of this! The coach owes it to the other parents to try and put the most competetive team he can on the field!

I have to politely disagree. I realize it is select but it is not all about winning. So what if your daughter's team won every game from the time she went select to the time she went to college. And if she got a college scholarship from being on that team...what about her character for the rest of her life? If she has been taught the only value to anything is winning...how many disappointments will she have in life because no matter how good she is at anything...she will not always be on the best team. (I mean team as in work, marriage, etc.).

We have to make sure that other values are enforced. I am willing to pay for select if my daughter improves as a player, is enjoying what she is doing and learns positive values from the team sport experience. I do not believe that is is all about winning or being on the winning team...I learned that lesson the hard way this last year. A team that is getting better and stays competitive but also provides a healthy, positive attitude is the most important thing for building a confident young woman of good character that hopefully will enjoy the sport of soccer her entire life.

Just my opinion Smile

Last edited by twomattiesmom on 25/08/11, 09:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by just a fan 25/08/11, 09:37 am

twomattiesmom wrote:
mcik17 wrote:

I have to politely disagree. I realize it is select but it is not all about winning. So what if your daughter's team won every game from the time she went select to the time she went to college. And if she got a college scholarship from being on that team...what about her character for the rest of her life? If she has been taught the only value to anything is winning...how many disappointments will she have in life because no matter how good she is at anything...she will not always be on the best team. (I mean team as in work, marriage, etc.).

We have to make sure that other values are enforced. I am willing to pay for select if my daughter improves as a player, is enjoying what she is doing and learns positive values from the team sport experience. I do not believe that is is all about winning or being on the winning team...I learned that lesson the hard way this last year. A team that is getting better and stays competitive but also provides a healthy, positive attitude is the most important thing for building a confident young woman of good character that hopefully will enjoy the sport of soccer her entire life.

Just my opinion Smile
That is greatness. I couldn't agree more.
just a fan
just a fan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 25/08/11, 09:57 am

I'll disagree, not that your idea isn't bad or that it isn't right, but like everything else there should be options. If you want to focus just on development there are tons of options out there, but I think it is healthy for teams to exist with the goal of winning now. My DD's goal isn't to be the most developed and best juggler when she is 18, she wants to compete and try to win against other teams that are trying to win today. She wants to play with the best players against the best players, not with the nice girls that have the best upside if they train and develop. I don't even know how much longer she will play soccer, so I am glad there are teams out there built to try and win week in and week out.
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 25/08/11, 10:13 am

twomattiesmom wrote:
mcik17 wrote:

Just my opinion Smile

In a perfect world this would be great. But, let me be devils advocate here! We all know this isn't how it works. Also, I don't think a kid will go their whole soccer career winning every game! Their is also something to be said about a kid learning to achieve and strive for greatness and knowing their hard work has paid off. Winning isn't everything, but there is a reason employers like winners! I also believe a child does need to experiance failure and to realize that failure isn't the end and with hard work and dedication you can overcome. I am not a big fan of the "everyone gets a ribbon" mentality that our society teaches kids. No one left behind mentality! I think if a kid works hard and achieves something they should be rewarded for their excellence, whether its a 1st place ribbon or 2nd place medal etc. This everyone gets the same ribbon no matter the effort only premotes mediocrity. What's going to happen when the kids gets a job and thinks why didn't I get a raise when others did...they feel entitled without having to earn it.

With this being said, I don't think you were advocating this, but I thought I would give the other side thinking. I will end this with a quote from my favorite person in history!

Success isn't final and failure isn't fatal: It's the courage to continue that counts.

Winston Churchill

mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/11, 10:21 am

mcik17 wrote:
twomattiesmom wrote:
mcik17 wrote:

Just my opinion Smile

In a perfect world this would be great. But, let me be devils advocate here! We all know this isn't how it works. Also, I don't think a kid will go their whole soccer career winning every game! Their is also something to be said about a kid learning to achieve and strive for greatness and knowing their hard work has paid off. Winning isn't everything, but there is a reason employers like winners! I also believe a child does need to experiance failure and to realize that failure isn't the end and with hard work and dedication you can overcome. I am not a big fan of the "everyone gets a ribbon" mentality that our society teaches kids. No one left behind mentality! I think if a kid works hard and achieves something they should be rewarded for their excellence, whether its a 1st place ribbon or 2nd place medal etc. This everyone gets the same ribbon no matter the effort only premotes mediocrity. What's going to happen when the kids gets a job and thinks why didn't I get a raise when others did...they feel entitled without having to earn it.

With this being said, I don't think you were advocating this, but I thought I would give the other side thinking. I will end this with a quote from my favorite person in history!

Success isn't final and failure isn't fatal: It's the courage to continue that counts.

Winston Churchill

I agree with the fact that they shouldn't get a medal if they didn't earn it. But if they didn't earn it, it isn't the end of the world either. My daughter was on a very good team that won a lot but we as parents forgot this was supposed to be fun. We treated it like a job for her and she stopped wanting to do it. We almost lost her completely which would have been sad because she is a 9 yr old that is truly passionate about soccer, she has played since she was 3 (started at the YMCA), and is a smart, solid player.

I just see the difference in her since we changed our attitude and put her needs, instead of our wants, first. She is playing better than ever and absolutely loving it!

Best of luck next weekend at Plano Labor day.

Last edited by twomattiesmom on 25/08/11, 09:11 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 25/08/11, 10:23 am

twomattiesmom wrote:
mcik17 wrote:

Just my opinion Smile

I'll have to agree with mcik on this one. At the select level I want my coach to put together the best team he can. Yes I want my daughter to continue to develop and I want her to be a great player on a great team, if possible. If your coach teaches some additional positive life experiences along the way, well that's a positive, but not his/her job. But otherwise to teach your DD to be a confident woman of good character comes from the home and by example. And to teach your DD that you are not always going to win, well that too comes from you but I am most certain that we all learn that on the fields too! Learning to work and be part of a team is an invaluable experience and quite frankly in my opinion, kids that play on team sports are better at school and work in general because they learn at an early age to follow directions, work with other people, shoot for a goal (no pun) and usually have great work ethics. (not to mention many times are way too busy to get into trouble when they are teens. lol)
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/11, 10:39 am

Justsayin02 I am just speaking from my experience. My dd almost lost loving soccer because my DH and I thought all that mattered was winning and being on a winning team. We put way too much pressure on her.

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 25/08/11, 11:41 pm

twomattiesmom wrote:Justsayin02 I am just speaking from my experience. My dd almost lost loving soccer because my DH and I thought all that mattered was winning and being on a winning team. We put way too much pressure on her.

I definitly can understand how pressure can really bother many kids and make things not so enjoyable sometimes, as I too am speaking from experience being that I have already been all the way thru the soccer experience with my oldest in select and high school, and crazy me, starting all over again. My oldest did not enjoy soccer because of the pressure I was putting on her. But when I backed off and let the coach, coach and do the pressuring she had no problems stepping up to the plate and she played much better and seemed to enjoy it much more. She became very competitive and the win was her goal each and every game. It was the way I handled her soccer experience that made it bad for her, not the very competitive teams she was on or the very tough coaches she has had. She just needed me to cheer her on and be her mom, not talk soccer day in and day out.

Each child is different. That is why they have us, to know their limitations and make sure they are in the right spot, some girls are made for the most competitive and they thrive on it, some are just enjoying to play and like to win but it isnt necessary and some wont even be on a soccer field in a couple years. They are all different. Thankfully!

I do want to clarify, I do not think that all that matters is winning and being on a winning team. I think it is very important to set out to win each and every game and give it your best effort each and everytime, not just to show up. Again, I am not if favor of participation awards. Leave those silly things to the schools or rec leagues. If you set out to win and you give it your best each and everytime, then either the win will come or you will have learned the lesson that you can still do your best but there is always someone out there that is bigger, better and stronger than you so if you want to stay on top you keep working. And you lose that one game graciously and work towards the next win!
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DDtwins 26/08/11, 06:56 am

Totally agree justsayin!
cheers
DDtwins
DDtwins
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzed 29/08/11, 02:36 pm

I am familiar with the realities of select soccer. I was not talking about the coach picking the best players.

I was talking about parents who would post that half the team is only a little above average and can be beaten out so come on out. In my opinion, this goes well beyond your typical team x needs players kind of posting. If this is representative of the "A team" parents, it is not a soccer situation I would want to be in.

It's hard enough worrying about the coach and your daughter without having to pull other parent's knives out of your back.

Blitzed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02MoMmA 29/08/11, 02:53 pm

Blitzed wrote:

I am familiar with the realities of select soccer. I was not talking about the coach picking the best players.

I was talking about parents who would post that half the team is only a little above average and can be beaten out so come on out. In my opinion, this goes well beyond your typical team x needs players kind of posting. If this is representative of the "A team" parents, it is not a soccer situation I would want to be in.

It's hard enough worrying about the coach and your daughter
without having to pull other parent's knives out of your back.

Blitz I think you may have your posters confused. None of the Rowdy/DT Higginbotham parents posted that comment. Instead it was by an anonymous poster who im guessing didn't like the outcome of a tryout. The team looks better than ever and all get along well.
02MoMmA
02MoMmA
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 30/08/11, 01:19 am

I HEARD something different lol!
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzed 30/08/11, 01:35 pm

02MoMmA wrote:
Blitzed wrote:

It's hard enough worrying about the coach and your daughter
without having to pull other parent's knives out of your back.

Blitz I think you may have your posters confused. None of the Rowdy/DT Higginbotham parents posted that comment. Instead it was by an anonymous poster who im guessing didn't like the outcome of a tryout. The team looks better than ever and all get along well.

If the poster was anonymous, how do you know it wasn't anyone affiliated with the team? Neutral

Blitzed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 30/08/11, 02:12 pm

parents create the drama. Sure there are some on the team who feel that they "deserve" to be on the top team because they have always been there. Sure some wil not be happy to see Talented kids come out and may not be very nice. Some of the kids may very well be average but why would you be concerned about what some parent thinks about your kid. Some parents even band together to try and make sure they can stay on the top team. The lesson to learn is not from winning or losing or this top team or that one. Your DD has to learn to step up, work hard, and earn the things she wants without the interference of mommy and daddy. If DD wanted to be on the top Texans team she had years to work hard and try to be better than her peers. The sad part is much of the team selection may very well come down to the politics and manuvering of the parents and not down to the skill of the kids.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2