North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

02 TGPL Scores - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

02 TGPL Scores

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

02 TGPL Scores - Page 2 Empty Re: 02 TGPL Scores

Post by cloud10ibi 27/02/12, 10:07 am

gamer88 wrote:I believe they were in contact yesterday.
So it looks like a balance of power may be in the works. Either Colvin or Higgy are about to get richer!

cloud10ibi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 27/02/12, 11:04 am

dirknowitzki wrote:There is always drama when parents are determined to hitch their wagon to a top team instead of playing their way to the top. I heard the exact opposite that as many as 5 SRSA players were going to try out with DT Higg. Interesting stuff. Where the hell is the web cam at these practice fields? We need live coverage.
Not always the case. Some of the girls have been with Rowdies since way back, and have worked to make the team a top 5 team.
But with coaches changes and new additions to team and formation changes PT can be cut drastically and that could effect movement. Many people get nervous before signing a year committment and paying loads of money to be stuck somewhere unless they are sure they are secure and their kid will play.
IT Was an interesting weekend with an unkown coach and a new formation that allows for some kids to play a ton and some to sit a bunch. Could be the new coach or could be the new wave of things to come . People keeping their eyes open -as they should. Hate to lose anyone but people try to make the best decision for their dd.

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 27/02/12, 11:08 am

happygilmore wrote:
dirknowitzki wrote:There is always drama when parents are determined to hitch their wagon to a top team instead of playing their way to the top. I heard the exact opposite that as many as 5 SRSA players were going to try out with DT Higg. Interesting stuff. Where the hell is the web cam at these practice fields? We need live coverage.
Not always the case. Some of the girls have been with Rowdies since way back, and have worked to make the team a top 5 team.
But with coaches changes and new additions to team and formation changes PT can be cut drastically and that could effect movement. Many people get nervous before signing a year committment and paying loads of money to be stuck somewhere unless they are sure they are secure and their kid will play.
IT Was an interesting weekend with an unkown coach and a new formation that allows for some kids to play a ton and some to sit a bunch. Could be the new coach or could be the new wave of things to come . People keeping their eyes open -as they should. Hate to lose anyone but people try to make the best decision for their dd.

You guys got a new coach or just someone filling in while coach is out of town?

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Balotelli Fan 27/02/12, 01:32 pm

Why leave? As long as your getting around 50% or better playtime what's the point? Even if your DD is 10 or 20% better than players at another club the coach isn't gonna rock the boat. He does not want to upset his parents or team chemistry. If your starting then I think it's insane to leave. How many real game changing players are out there? Not many. Unless you think your DD is an absolute game changer I'd be real careful before I jumped to another team. You might get a taste of some good old politics no matter how good your DD is!

Balotelli Fan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzed 27/02/12, 01:48 pm

happygilmore wrote:

I'm kind of curious about that new formation that caused some players to play a lot and some to sit a lot. If I know what the formation was, I can just make sure my dd's team doesn't play that formation when we sign this July. Smile

Blitzed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by $occerpro 28/02/12, 02:10 pm

dirknowitski~ I can understand a parent leaving to a higher level team. I mean if you play with a high level then you learn to play at that level. Why else do people leave REC to Select for the same reason. If the team your on is select but playing REC soccer then its best to take your kid out because its probably the COACH. You can have a lot of good players but with out a good coach they can end up playing just like they would on a REC team.
$occerpro
$occerpro
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dirknowitzki 28/02/12, 02:37 pm

$occerpro wrote:dirknowitski~ I can understand a parent leaving to a higher level team. I mean if you play with a high level then you learn to play at that level. Why else do people leave REC to Select for the same reason. If the team your on is select but playing REC soccer then its best to take your kid out because its probably the COACH. You can have a lot of good players but with out a good coach they can end up playing just like they would on a REC team.

No, thats not what I was talking about. I'm talking about LeBron Syndrome where you join a better team when possible. I was talking about the be on the #1 team no matter what program that I often see at the top of a league. There is always a certain group that feels their kid is too good to ever play on a team ranked below #1 - #3. If you can't win right now, quit and join a better team. I see this usually with parents that have been on the #1 or #2 team and then the team hits a rough patch and loses a few games in a row. Next thing you know, a surprising number of players jump ship to jump to the new king of the hill. I'll bet Coach Grubb is getting a lot of phone calls this week with people wanting to come out.

I agree that moving a kid up to a team where they play better ball is smart. It is much better to play in the NBA than in Italy if you want to be a great baller. But now that's a different topic entirely than Higg players going to SRSA or SRSA players going to Higg. This is efforts to always assemble /land on the Miami Heat. Say what you want, Jordan stuck with the Bulls and played his way to the top with his team in the face of the established Lakers and Celtics.
dirknowitzki
dirknowitzki
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Referee 28/02/12, 03:38 pm

Disagree.

When Jimmy Johnson left the Cowboys they won with the dumbest possible coach in Switzer.
Avery Johnson led the Mavs to new heights but can't get it done in New Jersey.
Clearly the players. Johnson left to Miami and didn't do a thing.
Coaches can be selective too. They often look where they think they have the core of players to get it done and run to the bank with all the credit. Phil Jackson. Just examples in the pros since it's rather difficult to use a point of reference in kids soccer.

Referee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2