North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ECNL tryouts - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

ECNL tryouts

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

ECNL tryouts - Page 2 Empty Re: ECNL tryouts

Post by ItsMeAgain 15/05/14, 03:44 pm

Gunner9 wrote:
wilatnus wrote:Are the majority of girls selected already on that clubs top team going into ECNL?

The typical first-year ECNL roster the past 3 years for all clubs has less than 50% of players from any one team, including the top pre-ECNL team from that club.

That said, by the end of U13, there are very few secrets in this thing.  The coaches know where the top players are.

I'm sure there's another thread on this somewhere but..........................................if there was less than 50% of players moving up to the ECNL team from the clubs top D1 team, you would think that at least one of those teams would be cohesive enough to try and retain their D1 bye since a majority of them are left, right?  Did some try to retain that bye and fail for some reason.........................maybe players decided to scatter to other ECNL teams, or  other D1 teams, players from the 5 ECNL clubs played musical teams and ended up just moving to another ECNL team, the club didn't want to hassle with it, etc.?  Is it a written rule and the league force them to vacate the bye?  Or am I way off base here thinking that it's even possible for a club to retain a bye once they form the ECNL team? And perhaps a better followup question, are there any of the 5 ECNL club top 01 teams rumored to be attempting to keep their bye this summer?

Last edited by ItsMeAgain on 15/05/14, 04:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/05/14, 03:55 pm

ItsMeAgain wrote:
Gunner9 wrote:
wilatnus wrote:Are the majority of girls selected already on that clubs top team going into ECNL?

The typical first-year ECNL roster the past 3 years for all clubs has less than 50% of players from any one team, including the top pre-ECNL team from that club.

That said, by the end of U13, there are very few secrets in this thing.  The coaches know where the top players are.

I'm sure there's another thread on this somewhere but..........................................if there was less than 50% of players moving up to the ECNL team from the clubs top D1 team, you would think that at least one of those teams would be cohesive enough to try and retain their D1 bye since a majority of them are left, right?  Did some try to retain that bye and fail for some reason.........................maybe players decided to scatter to other ECNL teams, or  other D1 teams, players from the 5 ECNL clubs played musical teams and ended up just moving to another ECNL team, the club didn't want to hassle with it, etc.?  Is it a written rule and the league force them to vacate the bye?  Or am I way off base here thinking that it's even possible for a club to retain a bye once they form the ECNL team?  And perhaps a better followup question, are there any of the 5 ECNL club top 01 teams rumored to be attempting to keep their bye this summer?

From Section III.C.2 of LHGCL League Rules

"(2) If a club registers a team for a non-North Texas league,
without that team also playing in a regularly scheduled
Division of Lake Highlands Girls Classic League, they will lose
the bye most closely associated with the group of girls leaving the
league. For example, if the majority of the girls are leaving from
Division I, a Division I Bye will be forfeited by that club in each
applicable age group. The Lake Highlands Girls Classic League
will make available participation in a separate division with an
abbreviated schedule and reduced league fee if a sufficient
number of teams agrees to participate with sufficient notice for
the coordination and scheduling of that division. The final
decision as to whether or not a separate division would be viable
will rest with the Lake Highlands Girls Classic League Board of
Directors."

I'm sure that someone could "technically" find a way to skirt this rule, but my impression is that LHGCL would not look kindly on any of the ECNL clubs trying to "pull one over" on them. I think LHGCL and the ECNL clubs have essentially reached a detente over this. The ECNL clubs will pull their top team at U14 and forfeit the bye associated with that team.

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 15/05/14, 04:19 pm

bwgophers wrote:
ItsMeAgain wrote:
Gunner9 wrote:

I'm sure there's another thread on this somewhere but..........................................if there was less than 50% of players moving up to the ECNL team from the clubs top D1 team, you would think that at least one of those teams would be cohesive enough to try and retain their D1 bye since a majority of them are left, right?  Did some try to retain that bye and fail for some reason.........................maybe players decided to scatter to other ECNL teams, or  other D1 teams, players from the 5 ECNL clubs played musical teams and ended up just moving to another ECNL team, the club didn't want to hassle with it, etc.?  Is it a written rule and the league force them to vacate the bye?  Or am I way off base here thinking that it's even possible for a club to retain a bye once they form the ECNL team?  And perhaps a better followup question, are there any of the 5 ECNL club top 01 teams rumored to be attempting to keep their bye this summer?

From Section III.C.2 of LHGCL League Rules

"(2) If a club registers a team for a non-North Texas league,
without that team also playing in a regularly scheduled
Division of Lake Highlands Girls Classic League, they will lose
the bye most closely associated with the group of girls leaving the
league. For example, if the majority of the girls are leaving from
Division I, a Division I Bye will be forfeited by that club in each
applicable age group. The Lake Highlands Girls Classic League
will make available participation in a separate division with an
abbreviated schedule and reduced league fee if a sufficient
number of teams agrees to participate with sufficient notice for
the coordination and scheduling of that division. The final
decision as to whether or not a separate division would be viable
will rest with the Lake Highlands Girls Classic League Board of
Directors."

I'm sure that someone could "technically" find a way to skirt this rule, but my impression is that LHGCL would not look kindly on any of the ECNL clubs trying to "pull one over" on them.  I think LHGCL and the ECNL clubs have essentially reached a detente over this.  The ECNL clubs will pull their top team at U14 and forfeit the bye associated with that team.

The items in the rule that I put in red stick out to me and you're right.......................looks like they could skirt the rule as you said. 1. A team could still play their regularly scheduled Classic League games thanks to dual rostering..................if the club, coach, parents, and players were all willing to go through that soap opera and scheduling nightmare. 2. If a majority leave and they lose the bye, wouldn't the opposite be true if a majority stay? would the club get to keep that bye? must be some kind of unwritten understanding or something like you mentioned.

So my question still stands.............................have any clubs actually tried to retain the bye or are there any 01 teams trying to do it this year.
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jae 15/05/14, 05:15 pm

Gunner9 wrote:

With maximum roster size of 30 for ECNL teams, I guess it is expected to have less than 50% of players from any one team.  So, if they have a roster of 27 (including dual rostered), they could have 13 (a vast majority) from their top U13 team and still be under 50%.  Do most first-year ECNL rosters have fewer than 8 players from their top pre-ECNL team from the club?

Either way, if a club wants to keep their D1 bye, they could theoretically dual-roster a handful of players from their top team and convince another handful to stay with the LH team, thus retaining a "majority of players" on the LH roster.  Would players be happy to be dual-rostered at one club if they could be "full time" ECNL rostered with another club?

Last edited by jae on 15/05/14, 05:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

jae
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 15/05/14, 05:47 pm

Didn't think of it from the perspective of up to 30 players on roster. And a good point if Gunners was taking that in to consideration with his comment.
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnochio 15/05/14, 10:11 pm

ItsMeAgain wrote:Didn't think of it from the perspective of up to 30 players on roster.  And a good point if Gunners was taking that in to consideration with his comment.

Yes I think you will see Clubs do this next year and beyond

Lake highlands requires 8 players remain from the current roster. Dual roster 4 players, have 4 holdovers from last years team that only play in the league and add 10 new players. Play with 14 active players each week and have 4 dual rostered players in reserve in case you need them.

The biggest hurdle is adding 10 new players and somehow remain competitive.
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/05/14, 12:23 am

Pinnochio wrote:
ItsMeAgain wrote:Didn't think of it from the perspective of up to 30 players on roster.  And a good point if Gunners was taking that in to consideration with his comment.

Lake highlands requires 8 players remain from the current roster. Dual roster 4 players, have 4 holdovers from last years team that only play in the league and add 10 new players. Play with 14 active players each week and have 4 dual rostered players in reserve in case you need them.

BWGophers Daily Prediction Sure to Go Wrong...

Ain't Gonna Happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 16/05/14, 08:22 am

bwgophers wrote:
Pinnochio wrote:

Ain't Gonna Happen.

Have to agree..........................which means you will definitely be wrong on the prediction. I did get a some PM's saying a couple ECNL clubs are going for it. Think it's possible, think there might be a team to pull it off, but even as deep as the 01 age group claims to be I don't think they can get enough players on board. and the selling point of dual roster consideration to be primarily rostered on the D1 team with chance to move up to ECNL team is empty as far as I'm concerned.
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/05/14, 08:28 am

Downside to duel rostering? INJURIES!!! Go to any U14 or older LH or ECNL game and count the knee braces. Over use comes at a price.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/05/14, 09:03 am

ItsMeAgain wrote:
Have to agree..........................which means you will definitely be wrong on the prediction.  I did get a some PM's saying a couple ECNL clubs are going for it.  Think it's possible, think there might be a team to pull it off, but even as deep as the 01 age group claims to be I don't think they can get enough players on board.  and the selling point of dual roster consideration to be primarily rostered on the D1 team with chance to move up to ECNL team is empty as far as I'm concerned.

I think it's possible to get plenty players on board precisely because of the depth in '01. In '00 there is a substantial talent cliff once you get past the top 4 or 5 teams. '00 ECNL would crush all LH '00, except one that might give them a good game.

Even with a ton of musical chairs, I can't imagine there will be that massive a gap between '01 ECNL and the '01 D1 talent, and several of the teams left in D1 will be better than the bottom half of texas conference ECNL.

So being dual rostered on a D1 in '01 isn't that bad a deal, and for some of the D1 games you'll play better teams than some of the ECNL competition.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 16/05/14, 10:14 am

It already seemed like tryout season at Sting 99 ECNL last night with many new faces in the generic black shorts and white tees....

What is the rule on rostered ECNL players being able to tryout anyway??
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherbug 16/05/14, 10:34 am

bwgophers wrote:
Pinnochio wrote:

Ain't Gonna Happen.

It appears Solar Chelsea Red at least is going for it!
weatherbug
weatherbug
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeBlooded 16/05/14, 10:43 am

I'd be a little nervous if my DD was on a D2 / D3 team that was either hoping for promotion or avoiding relegation from the ECNL transition, especially now that it's being publicized . . .

https://www.txsoccer.net/t20262-01-solar-chelsea-red-bates-lake-highlands-division-1-open-practices-coming-soon

Some D3 teams may get the blessing of going back to QT after all!

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 16/05/14, 11:08 am

OrangeBlooded wrote:I'd be a little nervous if my DD was on a D2 / D3 team that was either hoping for promotion or avoiding relegation from the ECNL transition, especially now that it's being publicized . . .

https://www.txsoccer.net/t20262-01-solar-chelsea-red-bates-lake-highlands-division-1-open-practices-coming-soon

Some D3 teams may get the blessing of going back to QT after all!

Doubt it.  There's not enough top players to form 5 new top level teams and meet the requirements to keep their bye without other lake highlands teams being dissolved.  The better players from those teams will just go to these D1 tryouts from ECNL clubs if they haven't been spotted at tryouts as candidates for that already.  either they will get on one of those D1 teams or their team will still get the division they were hoping for.  One way or another, lake highlands teams will disappear somewhere from all this and players will get to play in the divisions they were anticipating....................just what route they go to end up there is left to be decided.

Last edited by ItsMeAgain on 16/05/14, 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 16/05/14, 11:12 am

weatherbug wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Pinnochio wrote:

Ain't Gonna Happen.

cheers  I'm starting to believe lhgcl D1 will be more competitive than ecnl at u14. The 1st and 2nd place teams in league and State cup will remain in D1.   cheers  I hope more will follow.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 16/05/14, 11:15 am

jm23jm wrote:
weatherbug wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Pinnochio wrote:

Ain't Gonna Happen.

cheers  I'm starting to believe lhgcl D1 will be more competitive than ecnl at u14. The 1st and 2nd place teams in league and State cup will remain in D1.   cheers  I hope more will follow.

Wishful thinking. By team name, yes, you could be correct. but not exactly going to be the same 2nd place team now is it...................................
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 16/05/14, 11:23 am

jm23jm wrote:
weatherbug wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Pinnochio wrote:

Ain't Gonna Happen.

affraid what solar will be leaving their top team in LHGCL! Good Luck!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 16/05/14, 11:26 am

Many players from Non-ECNL clubs in division 1 have a great shot of making a ECNL roster. LHGCL is no longer division 1 maybe division 2/3.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by jae 16/05/14, 11:31 am

ItsMeAgain wrote:
jm23jm wrote:

Wishful thinking.  By team name, yes, you could be correct.  but not exactly going to be the same 2nd place team now is it...................................

I agree. These clubs cannot dual-roster everyone from their top teams. Since LH limits roster sizes to 18, since they want the top players playing ECNL, and since there will be some scheduling conflicts, these "saved" LH D1 teams will have at most a handful of "top" players who will not be available when there are scheduling conflicts.

Now, if they could convince LH to schedule games around ECNL schedule and convince their top players to play both ECNL and LH games and potentially expose them to additional injury risks from "overuse" or "fatigue"... Here's a possible marketing pitch: "Play twice as much games and attend twice as many practices with the same low price!"

jae
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 16/05/14, 11:40 am

Zizou wrote:Many players from Non-ECNL clubs in division 1 have a great shot of making a ECNL roster. LHGCL is no longer division 1 maybe division 2/3.
 I agree 100% with your statement in red.  Our D1 players are still being invited to replace some ecnl club players.  As for the level of play of lhgcl D1 next year, based on state cup there were some good D2 and D3 teams out there.  The 01's are deep and now with teams trying to keep their bye it should be even better.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 16/05/14, 11:49 am

jm23jm wrote:
Zizou wrote:Many players from Non-ECNL clubs in division 1 have a great shot of making a ECNL roster. LHGCL is no longer division 1 maybe division 2/3.
 I agree 100% with your statement in red.  Our D1 players are still being invited to replace some ecnl club players.  As for the level of play of lhgcl D1 next year, based on state cup there were some good D2 and D3 teams out there.  The 01's are deep and now with teams trying to keep their bye it should be even better.  

I can agree with that statement. The 01 group is full of talent!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 16/05/14, 11:58 am

jm23jm wrote:

Kicks D1 team is the exception to the norm.  There's not many players outside of that team and the ECNL teams that exceed what is already in place.  And I agree with what someone said earlier in this thread..........................if a new player comes in that's equal to what is already in place, they'll go with the player they are familiar with.  Maybe a few from some of the non preECNL D1/D2 teams can buck that and will earn ECNL spots , but it's not a wave of 50 players appearing out of no where to fill the ECNL clubs D1 rosters.  And do you really think that the 8 or 9 players that remain rostered to those D1 teams will want to play on a watered down team after playing with one that have top 5 success for years?  The top talent are already playing on the top teams and I include Kicks D1 team in that comment. Like I said.....................this is wishful thinking more than a possible reality.
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/05/14, 12:02 pm

weatherbug wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Pinnochio wrote:

Ain't Gonna Happen.

My suggestion to anyone planning to play on the LHGCL '01 D1 Solar Red team (or any club that is claiming that they will have a ECNL team AND keep their D1 bye), that they speak directly to LHGCL and to Solar to make sure there is a scenario under which LHGCL will allow the club to keep their D1 bye, while still signing up a team to play in ECNL.

I would think that Solar has already talked to LHGCL about it before going public with their efforts, but it would be unwise to a$$-u-me it.

I would think that LHGCL would not be too happy about such a plan, but then again, I didn't think LHGCL would implement CPP last year either... Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/05/14, 12:34 pm

bwgophers wrote:
My suggestion to anyone planning to play on the LHGCL '01 D1 Solar Red team (or any club that is claiming that they will have a ECNL team AND keep their D1 bye), that they speak directly to LHGCL and to Solar to make sure there is a scenario under which LHGCL will allow the club to keep their D1 bye, while still signing up a team to play in ECNL.

I would think that Solar has already talked to LHGCL about it before going public with their efforts, but it would be unwise to a$$-u-me it.

I would think that LHGCL would not be too happy about such a plan, but then again, I didn't think LHGCL would implement CPP last year either... Embarassed

So you're saying Big Poppy could be same guy as Its Me Again and he's just taking us all for a ride?  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 16/05/14, 12:48 pm

I would hate to lose any credibility I have left on the forum with a fictitious post. No ride...just reality!
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 16/05/14, 12:55 pm

I would hate to lose any credibility I have left on the forum with a fictitious post. No ride...just reality!
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next