North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

player pass should be revoked - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

player pass should be revoked

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

player pass should be revoked - Page 3 Empty Re: player pass should be revoked

Post by Guest 25/09/14, 08:36 pm

PrimeTime wrote:
I guess I still am looking for examples of the CPP being used in the other direction, whereby a player plays up vs their normal respective division (i.e. D2 to D1, D1 to ECNL and actually plays not just there to round out the 30 player roster).

3 players from my DD's U14 D1 team (2 Field, 1 GK) CPP'd with a U15 D1/PL team in U15 Premier League games this fall. The 2 field players played 50% or more in both games played that weekend, 1 win and 1 loss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnochio 25/09/14, 09:03 pm

Borussia wrote:
soccer_mom_tx19 wrote:I totally disagree. Player pass is great motivation for kids to get better. The best players should get more playing time - they have earned it. If that means a less skilled player has to sit out, then so be it. If nothing else it will be an important life lesson. Those who work hard to be the best will reap the rewards and those who don't, won't. It's no different than a pro team signing a star player to replace a not-so-good player. And yes, there are financial consequences in both situations.

So a good player should be brought in from THEIR team to take minutes from a weaker player on another team, just because she is better.  

They don't EARN playing time on another team.  They earn playing time on their team.

This is funny coming from Kicks Nation
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 25/09/14, 10:18 pm

What's funny about all of this, is the only people not represented in how it all works, are the people that pay for it. Not a big fan of unions but in this case parents should be involved in these decisions not just the clubs. We fuel this silliness by paying for it. Might be smart to form a coalition to represent the people that actually support this business. We need a president bw it should be you.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by haterinho 25/09/14, 10:34 pm

Pinnochio wrote:
Borussia wrote:
soccer_mom_tx19 wrote:I totally disagree. Player pass is great motivation for kids to get better. The best players should get more playing time - they have earned it. If that means a less skilled player has to sit out, then so be it. If nothing else it will be an important life lesson. Those who work hard to be the best will reap the rewards and those who don't, won't. It's no different than a pro team signing a star player to replace a not-so-good player. And yes, there are financial consequences in both situations.

So a good player should be brought in from THEIR team to take minutes from a weaker player on another team, just because she is better.  

They don't EARN playing time on another team.  They earn playing time on their team.

This is funny coming from Kicks Nation

What's funny is you haven't been able to remove the burr up your butt that's been bothering you for so long. Whatever kicks did to you, I hope you can get over it.

Kicks has probably used CPP in league play fewer times than any club with multiple teams of the same age group. If kicks used CPP the way your club does they would have two teams in U14 D1.

haterinho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 26/09/14, 07:16 am

Question:

What defines a "club"? Could every independent team or small club band together and call themselves the "Everybody Else" club? Can teams from that "club" wear different uniforms, call themselves what they want, charge players what they wish, pay coaches what they wish, practice wherever they wish, etc.? In short, can they be a single club in name only, but continue to be independent in every other way? That could suddenly become the largest club on Earth. That might make the board reconsider the rule in its current form.

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 26/09/14, 07:41 am

aTmAg wrote:Question:

What defines a "club"? Could every independent team or small club band together and call themselves the "Everybody Else" club? Can teams from that "club" wear different uniforms, call themselves what they want, charge players what they wish, pay coaches what they wish, practice wherever they wish, etc.? In short, can they be a single club in name only, but continue to be independent in every other way? That could suddenly become the largest club on Earth. That might make the board reconsider the rule in its current form.

I know in Professional Services, there are associations that smaller firms/companies join.  By joining them, they get to compete with the big/larger firms....basically get a voice at the table (Lobbyist).  But there is a cost to join them or to get represented.  By no means, do they take on their title or have to change their logo.  Each year the Association meets for their Annual Meeting and everyone that is a member of it, gets to vote on what they want the association to fight for that year.....

And of course, then there are Unions......but then almost everyone needs to be apart of that group.
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 26/09/14, 09:08 am

SocDad wrote:

I know in Professional Services, there are associations that smaller firms/companies join.  By joining them, they get to compete with the big/larger firms....basically get a voice at the table (Lobbyist).  But there is a cost to join them or to get represented.  By no means, do they take on their title or have to change their logo.  Each year the Association meets for their Annual Meeting and everyone that is a member of it, gets to vote on what they want the association to fight for that year.....

And of course, then there are Unions......but then almost everyone needs to be apart of that group.

Here is a start in that direction.

http://www.cityfcacademy.com/news/

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 26/09/14, 09:19 am

Lefty wrote:
SocDad wrote:

There you go.....looks like its already started Smile
But in order to have a "say" at in LHGCL table....more clubs need to band together.
Currently:  "All roads lead to the Big 5"
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 26/09/14, 09:27 am

SocDad wrote:
Lefty wrote:
SocDad wrote:

But in order to have a "say" at in LHGCL table....more clubs need to band together.

Which 5 would that be?

Bet you will get quite a squabble over the 5th spot.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 26/09/14, 09:36 am

Lefty wrote:
SocDad wrote:
Lefty wrote:
SocDad wrote:

Which 5 would that be?  

Bet you will get quite a squabble over the 5th spot.

Tru dat, tru dat.......I guess I was referring to the "ECNL" clubs.  Maybe I should have said the big 4 1/2?????  and let everyone fight over who makes up those clubs  affraid
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 26/09/14, 10:40 am

How many of y'all have seen the CPP fail?

In that sense, I mean, if studs are brought in to replace the "weaker" players in order to win the game, but actually have a worse game than the players replaced? Possibly because they didn't know the system or chemistry, etc.

I would think that that would look embarrassing to the club, the coaches and the CPP parents who agreed to it.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by fatherofoneplayer 26/09/14, 11:45 am

Coach&Ref wrote:How many of y'all have seen the CPP fail?

In that sense, I mean, if studs are brought in to replace the "weaker" players in order to win the game, but actually have a worse game than the players replaced? Possibly because they didn't know the system or chemistry, etc.

I would think that that would look embarrassing to the club, the coaches and the CPP parents who agreed to it.

Seen it and agree with your last sentence.
fatherofoneplayer
fatherofoneplayer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 26/09/14, 12:01 pm

Isn't it ironic, and hypocritical at the same time, that forum members constantly whine about development over winning. And then turn around and criticize a program that is designed to enhance development all because their team didn't win.
What happened to all the development talk? Why not look at it as a way for your team to "develop" against higher caliber players, win or lose? I'm in no means defending CPP. Personally, I could care less one way or the other. CPP, no CPP. Bring in whomever you want, D1,D2, ECNL, heck bring some players in from SoCal. All I'm interested in is how my DD improves and competes against said players. As long as it's not an older player coming in, WHO CARES
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 26/09/14, 01:51 pm

futbollove wrote:Isn't it ironic, and hypocritical at the same time, that forum members constantly whine about development over winning. And then turn around and criticize a program that is designed to enhance development all because their team didn't win.
What happened to all the development talk? Why not look at it as a way for your team to "develop" against higher caliber players, win or lose? I'm in no means defending CPP. Personally, I could care less one way or the other. CPP, no CPP. Bring in whomever you want, D1,D2, ECNL, heck bring some players in from SoCal. All I'm interested in is how my DD improves and competes against said players. As long as it's not an older player coming in, WHO CARES

Why draw the line with age?

It is just an arbitrary date that is picked and gives certain birthdays a built in advantage. How is competing at age anymore of a meaningful criteria to drive development vs height, weight?

They are going to play against older kids in HS and college anyway.

Oh and yes both of mine played up to maximize development.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 26/09/14, 02:19 pm

Lefty wrote:
futbollove wrote:Isn't it ironic, and hypocritical at the same time, that forum members constantly whine about development over winning. And then turn around and criticize a program that is designed to enhance development all because their team didn't win.

It is just an arbitrary date that is picked and gives certain birthdays a built in advantage.  How is competing at age anymore of a meaningful criteria to drive development vs height, weight?

Because txsoccer.net would overload from the outrage Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
I agree with you for the most part about age as well. If a kid can compete and get better playing against older kids, go for it. I don't think I see the benefit of allowing older kids to play in a younger league, or age division though.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by haterinho 26/09/14, 03:21 pm

futbollove wrote:
Lefty wrote:

It is just an arbitrary date that is picked and gives certain birthdays a built in advantage.  How is competing at age anymore of a meaningful criteria to drive development vs height, weight?

Because txsoccer.net would overload from the outrage Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
I agree with you for the most part about age as well. If a kid can compete and get better playing against older kids, go for it. I don't think I see the benefit of allowing older kids to play in a younger league, or age division though.

The very top players in most age groups are as good and sometimes better than most all the players in age group one year older. Some of them are physically just as dominant as older players. In terms of impact on the field - a top player playing down is often no different than an older kid playing down. How can one be good for development and not the other?

haterinho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/09/14, 03:26 pm

soccerjack wrote:Might be smart to form a coalition  to represent the people that actually support this business.  We need a president bw it should be you.

Pretty sure I'm the last person you want in that position. Don't think many of the parents on here complaining about getting screwed over by CPP or unfair contracts with the club, would take it too kindly when I told them to "suck it up Buttercup". affraid

Caveat Emptor my friends. Educate yourselves about the "system" that is NTX select soccer. Learn the NTSSA/LHGCL/PPL/APL rules. Do your research on clubs/teams/coaches. Don't overextend yourself financially. Emphasize the journey, not the destination. ...and... Most importantly, be honest and objective when it comes to your DD's ability vs. what her long term goals are.

Do all of that, and the likelihood that you end up getting caught off guard in a bad situation decreases exponentially.

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 26/09/14, 03:36 pm

IMO, the only way it would be good for development is if say a team that might have a big difference in talent level between top and bottom players on their roster have the players not getting many minutes CPP to a team in a lower division, especially if said team needs bodies. Not sure there is a way to quantify this as a rule change though.

Agree that top players playing down divisions doesn't help anyone get better.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by haterinho 26/09/14, 03:42 pm

bwgophers wrote:
soccerjack wrote:Might be smart to form a coalition  to represent the people that actually support this business.  We need a president bw it should be you.

Pretty sure I'm the last person you want in that position.  Don't think many of the parents on here complaining about getting screwed over by CPP or unfair contracts with the club, would take it too kindly when I told them to "suck it up Buttercup". affraid

Caveat Emptor my friends.  Educate yourselves about the "system" that is NTX select soccer.  Learn the NTSSA/LHGCL/PPL/APL rules.  Do your research on clubs/teams/coaches.  Don't overextend yourself financially.  Emphasize the journey, not the destination.  ...and... Most importantly, be honest and objective when it comes to your DD's ability vs. what her long term goals are.  

Do all of that, and the likelihood that you end up getting caught off guard in a bad situation decreases exponentially.

Translation - Gophers is the establishment candidate! Crying or Very sad

haterinho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hard Practice 26/09/14, 03:59 pm

haterinho wrote:
bwgophers wrote:Man, I can't wait until next year when my DD finally gets to High School and all of the politics, lack of coach loyalty, kids getting shuffled back and forth between teams, crappy refs, and unnecessary physical play goes away!  Whew!  Can't get here soon enough!

You need work on being sarcastic as much as I need work on hatering....wait - is that a word?

CPP has had a few positive effects...it allowed big clubs to seamlessly keep their byes and still field decent LH teams first year of ECNL. I suppose some have used it as intended in the (intentionally vague?) "spirit of the rule"...but enough have gone "buck wild" to conclude CPP sucks as currently implemented.

Put a cap on # of times a player can CPP in one season....CPP up unlimited, only allow CPP down to 1 lower level...and give parents no questions asked full release clause on any team that uses CPP more than n # of times in a year.

CPP in tournaments is to be expected, but rampant CPP in league play? Not good...might as well get rid of season long leagues and make all competitions club vs club, open roster mini tournaments.

BW I was hoping you were being sarcastic becasue if you believed what you were saying boy were you going to be in for a surprise once you get to HS.

haterinho - great post with some ideas for solutions (not just complaints) I had not heard before.  As for those who think its about player development and not winning you are kidding yourself in most situations.  How many times do the lower level players on a team get an opportunity to work on their game in these situations?

Coming from an area where you could not play down teams will get around that by rostering on the lower team and playing them up with their true primary team.  Clubs/teams will even get creative rostering non paying players outside their club to play before giving players within the club thaose opportunities.  Yet they forbid players in their club from enjoying guest opportunities outside their club.  Seeing how they really felt about development (go outside for talent rather than develop their own) led us to leave the next year.

Overall not a fan I believe in the play and develop who you committed to at the start of the year.

Hard Practice
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 26/09/14, 04:08 pm

haterinho wrote:
futbollove wrote:
Lefty wrote:

The very top players in most age groups are as good and sometimes better than most all the players in age group one year older. Some of them are physically just as dominant as older players. In terms of impact on the field - a top player playing down is often no different than an older kid playing down. How can one be good for development and not the other?
It may be development for the team playing against them, but what good does it do for that player?
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 26/09/14, 04:11 pm

bwgophers wrote:

Pretty sure I'm the last person you want in that position.  Don't think many of the parents on here complaining about getting screwed over by CPP or unfair contracts with the club, would take it too kindly when I told them to "suck it up Buttercup". affraid

Caveat Emptor my friends.  Educate yourselves about the "system" that is NTX select soccer.  Learn the NTSSA/LHGCL/PPL/APL rules.  Do your research on clubs/teams/coaches.  Don't overextend yourself financially.  Emphasize the journey, not the destination.  ...and... Most importantly, be honest and objective when it comes to your DD's ability vs. what her long term goals are.  

cheers cheers THIS
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 97mom 28/09/14, 05:18 pm

Unfortunately due to several severe injuries our team has had to use this. This last game even using CPP we had only 12 players and one went done in the first 15 minutes. So we played the rest of the game with just 11…without CPP we would have had to forfeit. Of course ours is not the reason everyone here is complaining about.
97mom
97mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 28/09/14, 05:38 pm

97mom wrote:Unfortunately due to several severe injuries our team has had to use this. This last game even using CPP we had only 12 players and one went done in the first 15 minutes. So we played the rest of the game with just 11…without CPP we would have had to forfeit. Of course ours is not the reason everyone here is complaining about.

Technically, you only need 7 players to start the match. Very Happy

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/09/14, 05:50 pm

F. Number of Players
1. Minimum Number: A team must have a minimum of eight (Cool properly equipped
and uniformed players to start a game and seven (7) eligible players to continue a game. If both teams have at least eight (Cool players properly equipped and uniformed for the game, the game shall begin at the start time, and not wait for more players to arrive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 28/09/14, 06:08 pm

OLJW wrote:F. Number of Players
1. Minimum Number: A team must have a minimum of eight (Cool properly equipped
and uniformed players to start a game and seven (7) eligible players to continue a game. If both teams have at least eight (Cool players properly equipped and uniformed for the game, the game shall begin at the start time, and not wait for more players to arrive.

Law 3, my friend. No Jedi mind tricks on me! Very Happy

Number of Players

A match is played by two teams, each consisting of not more than eleven
players, one of whom is the goalkeeper. A match may not start if either team
consists of fewer than seven players.

https://ussoccer.app.box.com/s/xx3byxqgodqtl1h15865/1/2125502146

Download the 2014-2015 LOTG

Last edited by Coach&Ref on 28/09/14, 06:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added download link)

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next