North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

This topic is about absolutely nothing - Page 6 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

This topic is about absolutely nothing

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

This topic is about absolutely nothing - Page 6 Empty Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by Big Ern 14/02/18, 11:25 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:Have heard some comments from players and college coaches that DA is either mandating or strongly suggesting the formations and tactics that should be used by DA clubs, and that this is already leading to somewhat "predictable" play in DA games.  Concerns that this is/will stifle creativity in the players and lead to struggles when faced with different formations/tactics from opponents outside of DA.

Comments from the peanut gallery on this?
You mean someone is trying to employ the joystick approach? You don’t say....

^ HO-LEE-JEEZ.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

This topic is about absolutely nothing - Page 6 Empty Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by Big Ern 14/02/18, 11:42 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
Big Ern wrote:Understood KC --

However, I don't think that anyone (including those at USSDA) would assume that GDA is the epitome of excellence, nor would they consider the ECNL to be lowly.  There is much variance in the concentration of talent across the country ... some areas (SoCal, Chicago, NTX, etc) are GDA heavy, others (NoCal, Vegas, STX) etc) are ECNL heavy.  What has been consistent in the transition however, is that the traditional powerhouse/top performing clubs (FC Dallas, Solar, SoCal Blues, Slammers, MI Hawks, PDA, Crossfire, Eclipse, Real CO among others) in the ECNL over the years, are now GDA clubs.  And these same clubs are generally now the top performing in GDA ... the beat goes on.  

Regarding DIGC ... If you asked one of the USSDA officials, he or she likely wouldn't even know what it was, let alone that a couple GDA teams will be playing ECNL teams.  To say that everyone will think it'd be an utter failure if FC Dallas U14 weren't facing off with Solar U14 in the final, is silly.  I can tell you that CP and AG will just look at those matchups like they would've last year ... the best of Solar vs the best of Sting, or the best of FCD vs the best of Texans.  When the big picture is put into perspective, there are, and will always be, some ECNL teams that can beat some GDA teams.  

It just happens to be my opinion (based on recent history) that nationwide, the top talent in general is now playing in GDA -- that's all  Wink
I can agree with most of that.  Perhaps it would first be important to note that all statements are relevant. Meaning they shouldn’t be taken so much out of context. On both sides of the fence.  Now to the meat on the bone.  DIGC is renown throughout the soccer community, nation and some instances other countries.  Yes every USSDA official has heard of it, lets not be silly.  
As far as utter failure goes, we will see.  So much talk has gone on here on the forum as to where the top talent plays and where it will stay, how ECNL will fold, debating where the recruitment will come from, who has the best training regimens or dietary requirements for players.  No if you guys come out and take care of business in DGIC this will be the first place you guys come to congratulate yourself, and kudos if you do. Hats off, hip hip hooray to a job well done.  You BigE are included in this as you have been very vocal about this yourself.  Where it gets interesting would be again if DA does not do in this big tournament what it said all along it could do against the “rest” because of its superiority.  One of the first times all the big talent plays in same tournament against one another on same stage.  DAer’s cant hide if they do not perform, they cant change course either and say oh well it was the sun that was in my eyes and Trump was building this wall you see.  It would all just be excuses.  Time to work now, I will check back later on the whining.

Thanks KC --

You reference me here in particular as being "vocal" in the following regard, so ...

1)  I certainly don't think (and have never said) that the "ECNL will fold" ... I've actually argued the exact opposite.  In fact, as far as I can recall, MedMan is the only one that has uttered those words -- And I think you'd admit ... there aren't many (any) comparisons that could be drawn between the two of us.

2)  Regarding "recruitment" -- It'd be tough to argue (after just 1 Showcase in it's existence) that the tide hasn't already started to turn given that 415 college coaches and 45 USNT representatives attended the measly GDA Winter Showcase -- expect even more in Spring.  

3)  Regarding "regiment" -- this will most certainly get a few hackles up but ... The reality is that while the ECNL is very reputable and has done a fantastic job, it is just a league where the best for the past almost decade have played.  It's generally 'business as usual' when it comes to training/regiment for those teams in comparison with the top performing LH D1 sides.  The USSDA is a program.

4)  So I'm part of the "high and mighty" "you guys" because I shared my opinion that I believe (based on historical results) that in general the majority of the top talent in the nation is now playing in GDA + have one kid playing in it, while yours is in the ECNL?  Ok ... Fair enough.  I will, however, go out on a limb and say that if the U14 final is FCD-Solar, that exactly zero of the parents with kids on those teams will post here congratulating themselves.  If you look at the history of parents doing that, it isn't a parent from the team that has been consistently among the best in their respective age group (like the two teams I just referenced).  Rather, I'd (and if you're being honest with yourselves, you'd) expect to hear from those parents of kids playing in ECNL if they happen to take down one of the U14 teams, or find themselves in a final against one of them.  
5)  If this ^ does happen, it will more more "interesting" to the anti GDA contingent than any of us on the other side.

6)  You mentioned "all the big talent plays in same tournament against one another on same stage" ... Haven't these same girls have been playing against each other for years.  If by saying this you meant it will be of any significance nationally (hoping you didn't), that would be a bit outlandish wouldn't it?  I mean, there are a grand total of four actual GDA teams participating here ... 2 of which are the host Texans (U15 and U17), with the other two being the aforementioned U14 sides -- about a 1% GDA representation ... not all that significant is it?

It's clear that you relish the false persona you've adopted as an 'underdog', and that you're giddy with hope that it's gonna happen, but I'm afraid SOAP was spot on here ... There aren't likely to be any "excuses" nor will any accounts be deleted regardless of results at DGIC.

I love you

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 15/02/18, 06:40 am

Big Ern wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

However, I don't think that anyone (including those at USSDA) would assume that GDA is the epitome of excellence, nor would they consider the ECNL to be lowly.  There is much variance in the concentration of talent across the country ... some areas (SoCal, Chicago, NTX, etc) are GDA heavy, others (NoCal, Vegas, STX) etc) are ECNL heavy.  What has been consistent in the transition however, is that the traditional powerhouse/top performing clubs (FC Dallas, Solar, SoCal Blues, Slammers, MI Hawks, PDA, Crossfire, Eclipse, Real CO among others) in the ECNL over the years, are now GDA clubs.  And these same clubs are generally now the top performing in GDA ... the beat goes on.  

Regarding DIGC ... If you asked one of the USSDA officials, he or she likely wouldn't even know what it was, let alone that a couple GDA teams will be playing ECNL teams.  To say that everyone will think it'd be an utter failure if FC Dallas U14 weren't facing off with Solar U14 in the final, is silly.  I can tell you that CP and AG will just look at those matchups like they would've last year ... the best of Solar vs the best of Sting, or the best of FCD vs the best of Texans.  When the big picture is put into perspective, there are, and will always be, some ECNL teams that can beat some GDA teams.  

It just happens to be my opinion (based on recent history) that nationwide, the top talent in general is now playing in GDA -- that's all  Wink
I can agree with most of that.  Perhaps it would first be important to note that all statements are relevant. Meaning they shouldn’t be taken so much out of context. On both sides of the fence.  Now to the meat on the bone.  DIGC is renown throughout the soccer community, nation and some instances other countries.  Yes every USSDA official has heard of it, lets not be silly.  
As far as utter failure goes, we will see.  So much talk has gone on here on the forum as to where the top talent plays and where it will stay, how ECNL will fold, debating where the recruitment will come from, who has the best training regimens or dietary requirements for players.  No if you guys come out and take care of business in DGIC this will be the first place you guys come to congratulate yourself, and kudos if you do. Hats off, hip hip hooray to a job well done.  You BigE are included in this as you have been very vocal about this yourself.  Where it gets interesting would be again if DA does not do in this big tournament what it said all along it could do against the “rest” because of its superiority.  One of the first times all the big talent plays in same tournament against one another on same stage.  DAer’s cant hide if they do not perform, they cant change course either and say oh well it was the sun that was in my eyes and Trump was building this wall you see.  It would all just be excuses.  Time to work now, I will check back later on the whining.

Thanks KC --

You reference me here in particular as being "vocal" in the following regard, so ...

1)  I certainly don't think (and have never said) that the "ECNL will fold" ... I've actually argued the exact opposite.  In fact, as far as I can recall, MedMan is the only one that has uttered those words -- And I think you'd admit ... there aren't many (any) comparisons that could be drawn between the two of us.

2)  Regarding "recruitment" -- It'd be tough to argue (after just 1 Showcase in it's existence) that the tide hasn't already started to turn given that 415 college coaches and 45 USNT representatives attended the measly GDA Winter Showcase -- expect even more in Spring.  

3)  Regarding "regiment" -- this will most certainly get a few hackles up but ... The reality is that while the ECNL is very reputable and has done a fantastic job, it is just a league where the best for the past almost decade have played.  It's generally 'business as usual' when it comes to training/regiment for those teams in comparison with the top performing LH D1 sides.  The USSDA is a program.

4)  So I'm part of the "high and mighty" "you guys" because I shared my opinion that I believe (based on historical results) that in general the majority of the top talent in the nation is now playing in GDA + have one kid playing in it, while yours is in the ECNL?  Ok ... Fair enough.  I will, however, go out on a limb and say that if the U14 final is FCD-Solar, that exactly zero of the parents with kids on those teams will post here congratulating themselves.  If you look at the history of parents doing that, it isn't a parent from the team that has been consistently among the best in their respective age group (like the two teams I just referenced).  Rather, I'd (and if you're being honest with yourselves, you'd) expect to hear from those parents of kids playing in ECNL if they happen to take down one of the U14 teams, or find themselves in a final against one of them.  
5)  If this ^ does happen, it will more more "interesting" to the anti GDA contingent than any of us on the other side.

6)  You mentioned "all the big talent plays in same tournament against one another on same stage" ... Haven't these same girls have been playing against each other for years.  If by saying this you meant it will be of any significance nationally (hoping you didn't), that would be a bit outlandish wouldn't it?  I mean, there are a grand total of four actual GDA teams participating here ... 2 of which are the host Texans (U15 and U17), with the other two being the aforementioned U14 sides -- about a 1% GDA representation ... not all that significant is it?

It's clear that you relish the false persona you've adopted as an 'underdog', and that you're giddy with hope that it's gonna happen, but I'm afraid SOAP was spot on here ... There aren't likely to be any "excuses" nor will any accounts be deleted regardless of results at DGIC.

I love you
Well I did have some agreement with you on some topics, until you typed this drivel.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 15/02/18, 07:55 am

Good Mornin' KC!

And ... ?  Are you implying that because you "have some agreement with you (me) on some topics", that those are the only of my contentions that are valid?  Everything else is "drivel"?

This lil' guy brings up a couple more very obvious questions ...

1)  Do you know the definition of "drivel"?  (I hope you don't take any offense to this question ... just seems like you may have misused it here)

2)  If so, what did I write here that is nonsensical?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 15/02/18, 08:07 am

I would like to see y’all have this discussion face to face maybe on Facebook live or sumthin

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 15/02/18, 09:12 am

Big Ern wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Thanks KC --

You reference me here in particular Nope I said you are included, big difference. Never singled you out, yet.as being "vocal" in the following regard, so ...

1)  I certainly don't think (and have never said) that the "ECNL will fold" ... I've actually argued the exact opposite.  In fact, as far as I can recall, MedMan is the only one that has uttered those words -- And I think you'd admit ... there aren't many (any) comparisons that could be drawn between the two of us. Again never said that you in particular said this, it is just one of the topics on the forum being discussed.

2)  Regarding "recruitment" -- It'd be tough to argue (after just 1 Showcase in it's existence) that the tide hasn't already started to turn given that 415 college coaches and 45 USNT representatives attended the measly GDA Winter Showcase -- expect even more in Spring.  As long as we are being silly and throwing numbers out there the ECNL has drawn literally 1000’s to their showcases. Would have thought DA would do better. Razz

6)  You mentioned "all the big talent plays in same tournament against one another on same stage" ... Haven't these same girls have been playing against each other for years.  If by saying this you meant it will be of any significance nationally (hoping you didn't), that would be a bit outlandish wouldn't it?  I mean, there are a grand total of four actual GDA teams participating here ... 2 of which are the host Texans (U15 and U17), with the other two being the aforementioned U14 sides -- about a 1% GDA representation ... not all that significant is it?Older girls? Yes they played each other way more than the younger ones did at the younger ages. THey really continued to do so up until last year, maybe with a few exceptions. U13-14 in particular hardly ever played one another consistently, if at all. Top teams were scattered about in boys, older divisions, or different tournaments. These top teams with top players have not played against one another consistently in a couple years with the advent of JDL and so on.

It's clear that you relish the false persona you've adopted as an 'underdog', and that you're giddy with hope that it's gonna happen, but I'm afraid SOAP was spot on here ... There aren't likely to be any "excuses" nor will any accounts be deleted regardless of results at DGIC.Quite the contrary, since you have labeled this last paragraph as me in particular. I would never label my DD team an underdog to anyone.

I love you

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 15/02/18, 09:14 am

AngelinaGoalee wrote:I would like to see y’all have this discussion face to face maybe on Facebook live or sumthin
Maybe we could have it at Foxy’s bar so you could come too. It would be way more exciting to see you two face off I am sure. BigE and I can sit over to the side with Cliff and Norm laughing.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 15/02/18, 09:20 am

Big Ern wrote:Good Mornin' KC!

And ... ?  Are you implying that because you "have some agreement with you (me) on some topics", that those are the only of my contentions that are valid?  Everything else is "drivel"?

1)  Do you know the definition of "drivel"?  (I hope you don't take any offense to this question ... just seems like you may have misused it here)

Let’s not throw rocks, I throw harder.
Yes I do know the meaning of drivel. Unlike you I didn’t have to look it up. It can also mean garbage or rambling on with no meaning. So what is next Lil E.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 15/02/18, 10:21 am

BigE calling someone out on language usage? lol!

Funniest thing since he posted his opinion on U6 playing competitive soccer.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 15/02/18, 11:30 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:I would like to see y’all have this discussion face to face maybe on Facebook live or sumthin
Maybe we could have it at Foxy’s bar so you could come too.  It would be way more exciting to see you two face off I am sure.  BigE and I can sit over to the side with Cliff and Norm laughing.

Last time we did that Big e couldn't keep his eyes off Angelina's mustache and Angelina couldn't keep her hands off of E.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 15/02/18, 12:24 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:

Yes I do know the meaning of drivel.  Unlike you I didn’t have to look it up.  It can also mean garbage or rambling on with no meaning.  So what is next Lil E.

You're kidding?  KC -- You're close to 0'fer when it comes to any argument with me (or anyone else outside of MedMan).

If you'd like to gain some credibility here, you're gonna have to answer the questions.  This goes for anyone here. Everytime any of you attempt to put me on the defensive, I propose simple questions, that if legitimately answered, sure would help you out.  

Unfortunately, right around zero of those questions have yet to be legitimately answered.  And all too often, they effectively kill the thread.  

Now then -- let's address your attempts at answers to my questions ...

The 415 + 45 number wasn't 'thrown out there'.  Those are the numbers that registered and attended the event.  I'm guessing (because I know who you and your kids are), that you may not have even attended an ECNL Showcase.  In any event, in comparison, there were ~180 college coaches and 1 USNT representative at the ECNL Winter Showcase in Phoenix which took place around the same time.  Just a tidbit of evidence of the tide turning a touch.  It's ok (this in no way is a slight towards your kid so please don't take it personally) and I'm not saying here that ECNL isn't viable, or important, or whatever.

You mentioned in response to my mention of about 1% GDA representation and that the kids have been playing each other for years ... "Older girls? Yes they played each other way more than the younger ones did at the younger ages. THey really continued to do so up until last year, maybe with a few exceptions. U13-14 in particular hardly ever played one another consistently, if at all. Top teams were scattered about in boys, older divisions, or different tournaments. These top teams with top players have not played against one another consistently in a couple years with the advent of JDL and so on." ... Guessing you're conceding that the 1% isn't very significant.  And I'm sorry to say this, but you're showing some short sightedness here -- We know you have an 05 Kicks player and she may have been playing up in with boys, etc, but the discussion here has been about GDA teams which are U14+.  I haven't referenced 05s in this thread as actual GDA teams.  And before you jump to any preconceived conclusions, I fully expect that your kid's team will handle the FCD, Solar and Rise pilot teams.  As for the U14s+, the top teams from Solar, FCD, Sting, Texans (with much the same core of kids) have indeed been playing each other many times per year, for many years (even in JDL for U14s).

And Dude, this one ... talk about silly.  You write ... "I would never label my DD team an underdog to anyone" -- You know darn well that I didn't say nor did I imply that you're daughter is an underdog.  It's just glaringly apparent to the smart people here that you have indeed adopted the persona of an 'underdog'.  All you have to do is read through what you've written on this thread alone.

So -- another question since 'you didn't even have to look it up' Wink  ...

1)  Where in my post here have I written garbage and/or rambled on with no meaning?  

(friendly suggestion:  If you're going to answer this or any other of my questions, try to answer with substance, and without emotion or being derogatory)

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 15/02/18, 12:34 pm

Kicks parents playing the underdog role. They did the same thing when ECNL was formed and when they couldn’t beat it they joined it.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 15/02/18, 12:35 pm

SickofStupidity wrote:

BigE calling someone out on language usage?    lol!

Funniest thing since he posted his opinion on U6 playing competitive soccer.

SoSy!

Riigghht -- because I have such a tough time with language.  And you know if I started calling out some of these guys (not you SoS) on grammatical errors, it wouldn't be purty  Wink

If you're referring to my contention that 5 and 6 years olds shouldn't be paying for competitive soccer ... We'd love to hear your argument against mine.  

When you're done there, you can let us know why it's funny.  And when you get that done, you can explain why you got so emotionally involved in the story about the 6 year old recreational championship game in the Pit - Frisco thread the other day.

Pretty please.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 15/02/18, 12:43 pm

study scratch No

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 15/02/18, 12:57 pm

Big Ern wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Yes I do know the meaning of drivel.  Unlike you I didn’t have to look it up.  It can also mean garbage or rambling on with no meaning.  So what is next Lil E.

You're kidding?  KC -- You're close to 0'fer when it comes to any argument with me (or anyone else outside of MedMan).

If you'd like to gain some credibility here, you're gonna have to answer the questions.  This goes for anyone here. Everytime any of you attempt to put me on the defensive, I propose simple questions, that if legitimately answered, sure would help you out.  

Unfortunately, right around zero of those questions have yet to be legitimately answered.  And all too often, they effectively kill the thread.  

Now then -- let's address your attempts at answers to my questions ...

The 415 + 45 number wasn't 'thrown out there'.  Those are the numbers that registered and attended the event.  I'm guessing (because I know who you and your kids are), that you may not have even attended an ECNL Showcase.  In any event, in comparison, there were ~180 college coaches and 1 USNT representative at the ECNL Winter Showcase in Phoenix which took place around the same time.  Just a tidbit of evidence of the tide turning a touch.  It's ok (this in no way is a slight towards your kid so please don't take it personally) and I'm not saying here that ECNL isn't viable, or important, or whatever.

You mentioned in response to my mention of about 1% GDA representation and that the kids have been playing each other for years ... "Older girls? Yes they played each other way more than the younger ones did at the younger ages. THey really continued to do so up until last year, maybe with a few exceptions. U13-14 in particular hardly ever played one another consistently, if at all. Top teams were scattered about in boys, older divisions, or different tournaments. These top teams with top players have not played against one another consistently in a couple years with the advent of JDL and so on." ... Guessing you're conceding that the 1% isn't very significant.  And I'm sorry to say this, but you're showing some short sightedness here -- We know you have an 05 Kicks player and she may have been playing up in with boys, etc, but the discussion here has been about GDA teams which are U14+.  I haven't referenced 05s in this thread as actual GDA teams.  And before you jump to any preconceived conclusions, I fully expect that your kid's team will handle the FCD, Solar and Rise pilot teams.  As for the U14s+, the top teams from Solar, FCD, Sting, Texans (with much the same core of kids) have indeed been playing each other many times per year, for many years (even in JDL for U14s).

And Dude, this one ... talk about silly.  You write ... "I would never label my DD team an underdog to anyone" -- You know darn well that I didn't say nor did I imply that you're daughter is an underdog.  It's just glaringly apparent to the smart people here that you have indeed adopted the persona of an 'underdog'.  All you have to do is read through what you've written on this thread alone.

So -- another question since 'you didn't even have to look it up' Wink  ...

1)  Where in my post here have I written garbage and/or rambled on with no meaning?  

(friendly suggestion:  If you're going to answer this or any other of my questions, try to answer with substance, and without emotion or being derogatory)
Ok let’s go through this. First I didn’t even read most of your post. It is what I was referring to when I brought up drivel. You like to hear yourself talk and then talk down to folks when challenged. There are comments and then there is forum blow hards. When I was agreeing with you it was true but then you had to go and louse up my attempts at throwing you a bone and being on your side. I don’t really care, just thought I would touch on it.
If anyone ever tries to really answer any your stupid questions please let me know. I never will. I didn’t pose any questions to you so why pose questions to me.
You were too busy trying to make your dumbass point to realize the humor in my college scout remark. I now realize jokes are wasted on the slow, so I will leave it at that. 0fer? Anytime you want to take the Pepsi challenge!

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 15/02/18, 01:05 pm

No dog in this fight but com’on KC.
You literally can do better than that. The tone of your post sounds like he got to you...

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 15/02/18, 01:06 pm

https://www.txsoccer.net/t37772-where-are-the-12gs#292167

Big Ern wrote:

Insight --

In general (in my opinion), parents shouldn't have their kindergartners playing competitive soccer at all and certainly shouldn't be paying a club monthly dues to have their 5 year old out there in a group amongst 20 other tikes being run through "drills" and is being "coached" by a bottom rung kid that just dropped out of community college and is on his phone Snapchatting more than interacting with the little ones.

(I may have seen this happen a few too many times and I throw up in my mouth a little bit everytime I think about a parent putting their kid in an environment like this because they simply don't know any better)

Never said I disagreed with the ridiculousness of parents pouring money into competitive soccer for 5-year-olds (though I admit that I did get a chuckle at your characterization of the people that clubs put in charge of 6-year-old kids.  your clubs included?).  

Last edited by SickofStupidity on 15/02/18, 02:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 15/02/18, 01:11 pm

Got to me? No. But for probably being a smart dude he just doesn’t listen. You could say that soccer is fun to watch and his response would be the space shuttle program costs to much run. It is funny though.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 15/02/18, 01:15 pm

SickofStupidity wrote:https://www.txsoccer.net/t37772-where-are-the-12gs#292167

Big Ern wrote:

Insight --

In general (in my opinion), parents shouldn't have their kindergartners playing competitive soccer at all and certainly shouldn't be paying a club monthly dues to have their 5 year old out there in a group amongst 20 other tikes being run through "drills" and is being "coached" by a bottom rung kid that just dropped out of community college and is on his phone Snapchatting more than interacting with the little ones.

(I may have seen this happen a few too many times and I throw up in my mouth a little bit everytime I think about a parent putting their kid in an environment like this because they simply don't know any better)

Never said I disagreed with the ridiculousness of parents pouring money into competitive soccer for 5-year-olds (though I admit that I did get a chuckle at your characterization of the people that clubs put in charge of 6-year-old kids.  your clubs included?).  

But so rich - coming from you!

Kinda like pouring money into self-proclaimed "elite" invite-only soccer programs for 4-year-olds that train and participate in leagues and play games as a team?

So the difference between a "club" doing it and a private enterprise doing it is???  Ultimately, aren't both just preying on the ill-informed or over-zealous (or a little of both) parent who thinks (or wants) their kid to be the next soccer superstar?
You make money off the masses but you can retire off the ill informed.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 15/02/18, 01:23 pm

"First I didn’t even read most of your post."

Obvi.

"You like to hear yourself talk and then talk down to folks when challenged."

I do love a good challenge ... Unfortunately they don't come around all that often.

"There are comments and then there is forum blow hards."

Ooooo ... I really wanna jump on this one SoS ... but I won't  Wink  

KC -- Am I one of the "blow hards"?  What exactly is a blow hard?

"If anyone ever tries to really answer any your stupid questions please let me know. I never will."

Which of my questions are "stupid" and what makes it/them so?

"I didn’t pose any questions to you so why pose questions to me."

I sure would like it if you would.  And I only pose them in direct response to yours or others statements/contentions/etc.  As I mentioned, answering them might help you, and any others, along in your arguments, and we'd then be able to continue on with intelligent conversation.

"You were too busy trying to make your dumbass point to realize the humor in my college scout remark."

Nuh, uh, uh ... now, now.  What did I say about being derogatory  silent  

What exactly is my "dumb%&s point"?  And please show us where the humor is in ... "As long as we are being silly and throwing numbers out there the ECNL has drawn literally 1000’s to their showcases. Would have thought DA would do better.  Razz "? ... was it the laughy face?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 15/02/18, 01:26 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:Got to me? No. But for probably being a smart dude he just doesn’t listen. You could say that soccer is fun to watch and his response would be the space shuttle program costs to much run. It is funny though.

Oh, I'm listenin' KC ...

Go ahead and remind me of what I should be hearing.  It'll be funny.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 15/02/18, 01:44 pm

Big Ern wrote:"First I didn’t even read most of your post."

Obvi.

"You like to hear yourself talk and then talk down to folks when challenged."

I do love a good challenge ... Unfortunately they don't come around all that often.

"There are comments and then there is forum blow hards."

Ooooo ... I really wanna jump on this one SoS ... but I won't  Wink  

KC -- Am I one of the "blow hards"?  What exactly is a blow hard?

"If anyone ever tries to really answer any your stupid questions please let me know. I never will."

Which of my questions are "stupid" and what makes it/them so?

"I didn’t pose any questions to you so why pose questions to me."

I sure would like it if you would.  And I only pose them in direct response to yours or others statements/contentions/etc.  As I mentioned, answering them might help you, and any others, along in your arguments, and we'd then be able to continue on with intelligent conversation.

"You were too busy trying to make your dumbass point to realize the humor in my college scout remark."

Nuh, uh, uh ... now, now.  What did I say about being derogatory  silent  

What exactly is my "dumb%&s point"?  And please show us where the humor is in ... "As long as we are being silly and throwing numbers out there the ECNL has drawn literally 1000’s to their showcases. Would have thought DA would do better.  Razz "? ... was it the laughy face?
I got to hand it to you. The humor and smart ass is resounding in this one. Well in some of it. In some of it you are still playing dumb.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 15/02/18, 03:23 pm

Kc and your band of criminals haven't we beaten this worthless topic long enough. Is your pride worth wasting your time all day talking to yourself in the mirror.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 15/02/18, 03:29 pm

lol!

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 15/02/18, 03:59 pm

Medicine Man wrote:Kc and your band of criminals haven't we beaten this worthless topic long enough. Is your pride worth wasting your time all day talking to yourself in the mirror.
You see what E fails to get is when someone smarts off because the time was right, they really were not trying to make a point. In many instances they were making a comment not opening dialogue. Silly but the truth.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 15/02/18, 04:44 pm

scratch

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next