North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Week 8 results - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

Week 8 results

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 8 results - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 8 results

Post by imasoccerfreak 14/04/12, 07:31 pm

Sting Goodman 0
LP Thompson 8

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/04/12, 08:55 pm

RoidRage wrote:What if Mossimo asked Colvin, "Hey, this is your last game for spring season, can my dd play this last game because she isn't getting much competition in 03? It is a game for 3rd place. What do you think"? Colvin thinks, "Hmmmm...this little girl is very good and is quite possibly the best player to come along in awhile....maybe we should let her play. This might be her last chance for a little over a year to get some really good competition before the 02's go select. Yes she can play!"

I'm sure the last thing on Colvins mind was what Dynamo's parents would think. Did she give your dds team a good game? Yes! Isn't that what we want..for our dds to get good competition and the game to be challenging? Yes! I bet not one of Dynamo's players came off the field saying, "that's not fair, they used the stud 03 SRSA player and beat us! Only people that care are the parents. My dd has played in enough blowouts that I wish the 03 SRSA player played against us everytime. I want to see a good competetive game !

You're such a comedian.

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 14/04/12, 09:11 pm

Forgive me, but why is it every week someone says post'em....and then 4 posts later the whole thing gets hijacked and it becomes a SRSA and/or DT swap meet??

Maybe there can be a separate thread for that?
I just like to know scores.

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PositiveSoccer6 14/04/12, 10:02 pm

Saints 1 Sting Est 0

Both teams played very 'clean' with only 2 free kicks caled in each half.
The first half had the Saints playing controlled football - they were much better in the mid-field than last week. Last week they seemed to get the ball choked underneath their feet - unable to produce through balls to the forwards. This week was quite different. Many times switching the point of attack. If the mid-distant shots had challenged the goal better, the score would be quite different.
The Sting were strong in central defense with effective goalkeeping and strong 'sweeper'. The Sting seemed to have contracted the same malady that previously cursed the Saints... the ball never really escaped the midfield (they were under high pressure)... Nice game, 2 sporting teams.
Tidy soccer! Well deserved win for the SAINTS... (it could have been an even bigger score)
PositiveSoccer6
PositiveSoccer6
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by deepthoughts 15/04/12, 08:18 am

pro16 wrote:Forgive me, but why is it every week someone says post'em....and then 4 posts later the whole thing gets hijacked and it becomes a SRSA and/or DT swap meet??

The reason, of course, is because silly decisions by coaches result in unintended and unexpected consequences. This happens almost weekly in competitive youth sports. In this case, it sounds like the guest player made such a decisive impact that neither the winning or losing side is satisfied. I'm certain that the winning coach would not have embraced the idea if he knew in advance that the guest would tip the scales so dramatically, but hindsight is 20/20. I do hope that SRSA / Solar Red parents don't let one mistake color their attitude for their team and let this one-off incident derail the good momentum. There is much to gain by remaining positive, but much to lose by making mountains out of molehills.
deepthoughts
deepthoughts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom13 15/04/12, 08:37 am

solar jones 3
sting o'keefe 0
soccermom13
soccermom13
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/04/12, 08:42 am

deepthoughts wrote:
pro16 wrote:Forgive me, but why is it every week someone says post'em....and then 4 posts later the whole thing gets hijacked and it becomes a SRSA and/or DT swap meet??

The reason, of course, is because silly decisions by coaches result in unintended and unexpected consequences. This happens almost weekly in competitive youth sports. In this case, it sounds like the guest player made such a decisive impact that neither the winning or losing side is satisfied. I'm certain that the winning coach would not have embraced the idea if he knew in advance that the guest would tip the scales so dramatically, but hindsight is 20/20. I do hope that SRSA / Solar Red parents don't let one mistake color their attitude for their team and let this one-off incident derail the good momentum. There is much to gain by remaining positive, but much to lose by making mountains out of molehills.

Deep thoughts, why be so reasonable? That takes the fun out of it. No, seriously, thanks for being a mature voice on here Smile

Pro16 It probably would be good to have two threads...scores only and then one for the fun, gossipy stuff Smile j/k.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sole roll 15/04/12, 11:07 am

SdadX2 wrote:
keymaster wrote:
02soccerdad wrote:Srsa 4-1. Over dynamo
Srsa passed better than dynamo. Srsa goalie only touched the ball 2 times in first half. One was to stop a pk. Only goal for dynamo was on a pk in first half. Srsa is on a roll. Look for them to be on the rise. The little 03 girl didn't hurt a bit.

Srsa borrowed missimo 03's star player to beat dynamo. Missimo 03 is by far the best 03 team in dallas and she is their best player. She played basically entire game even tho Srsa had lots of subs - looked like 16 or 17. She scored 3 and dominated play. Without her Srsa loses. Dynamo did not score on Pk but rather excellent strike over keeper far post. Dynamo missed Pk. Wonder how Colvin keeps parents happy.

Pot stir much with inaccurate facts??. 03 didn't start either half and scored 2 goals not 3. I would be more concerned that Dynamo only let the SRSA goalie touch the ball once and that was from a PK. Didn't touch the ball the entire second half. SRSA had a starter out sick, and another that was sick all week and didnt play near as much as usual. Should be interesting going forward, but Colvin group is playing better and better each week.

What I got from reading about the guest player is that Colvins team has a defense that gave up 2 pk's, so they must be tough and rough. On the offensive side they can't get it done against top competition unless they bring in a guest phenom.

I think every team has players missing and that are sick every week. All this did was show how much work the Solar Colvin team has ahead of them and how much confidence the coach has in certain players already on his team. Think about it.

Sole roll
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by keymaster 15/04/12, 12:58 pm

Sole roll wrote:
SdadX2 wrote:
keymaster wrote:
02soccerdad wrote:Srsa 4-1. Over dynamo
Srsa passed better than dynamo. Srsa goalie only touched the ball 2 times in first half. One was to stop a pk. Only goal for dynamo was on a pk in first half. Srsa is on a roll. Look for them to be on the rise. The little 03 girl didn't hurt a bit.

Srsa borrowed missimo 03's star player to beat dynamo. Missimo 03 is by far the best 03 team in dallas and she is their best player. She played basically entire game even tho Srsa had lots of subs - looked like 16 or 17. She scored 3 and dominated play. Without her Srsa loses. Dynamo did not score on Pk but rather excellent strike over keeper far post. Dynamo missed Pk. Wonder how Colvin keeps parents happy.

Pot stir much with inaccurate facts??. 03 didn't start either half and scored 2 goals not 3. I would be more concerned that Dynamo only let the SRSA goalie touch the ball once and that was from a PK. Didn't touch the ball the entire second half. SRSA had a starter out sick, and another that was sick all week and didnt play near as much as usual. Should be interesting going forward, but Colvin group is playing better and better each week.

What I got from reading about the guest player is that Colvins team has a defense that gave up 2 pk's, so they must be tough and rough. On the offensive side they can't get it done against top competition unless they bring in a guest phenom.

I think every team has players missing and that are sick every week. All this did was show how much work the Solar Colvin team has ahead of them and how much confidence the coach has in certain players already on his team. Think about it.

Colvin only gave up one PK. Colvin scored first on a weird play. Loud whistle blew on field 1 momentarily stopping play in Dynamo's box. Guest girl was deep on the right endline. She centered the ball. Ball took a strange deflection and looped 20 feet into the air and dropped into Dynamo goal. This must be the goal that a previous post is saying did not belong to guest but then she gets an assist instead. I thought it was a deflection. Dynamo goal was strike from right into left opposite netting over Colvin keeper to make it 1 to 1. A few minutes later, Colvin fouled player in the box conceding PK. Dynamo kicked the PK straight at the keeper. Halftime at 1-1. Guest girl scored to make it 2-1 from a free kick about 22 yards out center/right up and over Dynamo wall and keeper. A lot of time passed with the score on 2-1. Then guest girl beat 3 defenders up the middle on the dribble pulling Dynamo defense into the center. She then fed a ball out in front of main Colvin striker running onto the right post and she had a clear shot into opposite corner from 5 yards out making it 3-1. Assist to guest girl. Last goal scored was guest girl dribble through three or four defenders to get to 1v1 with keeper then finished just inside left post from 10 yards out. I will say Colvin team looked good and did enjoy better possession than last time they played Dynamo but guest girl made all the difference offensively due to creativity and tricky dribbling. She would beat two or three defenders on the dribble many times and that results in breakdown of defensive shape. It will be interesting to see if guest girl stays a star but she is a star right now. I would not be surprised if guest girl plays up a year in select when it is legal to do so. I look forward to watching her more often.
keymaster
keymaster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CatDaddy 15/04/12, 03:25 pm

Eal
Kosmos 2
Crush 0

Sdl
Solar Sedeh 2
Crush 0

CatDaddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyElbows 15/04/12, 03:47 pm

Cosmos - 1
Texas Spirit North - 0

2 solid results for the Cosmos the last 2 weeks of the season with a win over Texas Spirit North and a draw with the Saints!!
DirtyElbows
DirtyElbows
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 15/04/12, 09:20 pm

pro16 wrote:Sting Parker - 1
DT Vigil - 0

Great game yesterday.

Texans had at more shots on goal but just couldn't get one in.

Your keep was pretty good, was she one of your "keeper by committe" girls or a guest? If she wasn't a guest, you should leave her there full time. I thought she did great and had some sweet punts too.

Look forward to hopefully a rematch this spring/summer.
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joan Of Arc 15/04/12, 10:56 pm

02Dad wrote:
DT Vigil - 0

Great game yesterday.

Your keep was pretty good, was she one of your "keeper by committe" girls or a guest? If she wasn't a guest, you should leave her there full time. I thought she did great and had some sweet punts too.

The books must have finally cooled! Very Happy
Joan Of Arc
Joan Of Arc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 15/04/12, 11:01 pm

Joan Of Arc wrote:
02Dad wrote:
DT Vigil - 0

Great game yesterday.

The books must have finally cooled! Very Happy

Yep...I have returned from my sabbatical.

02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccit 16/04/12, 08:36 am

02Dad wrote:
DT Vigil - 0

Great game yesterday.

Last edited by soccit on 16/04/12, 09:16 am; edited 2 times in total

soccit
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesWideOpen 16/04/12, 08:44 am

02Dad wrote:
DT Vigil - 0

Great game yesterday.

Welcome back 02dad!
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2