North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

02 Week 4 Rankings - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

02 Week 4 Rankings

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

not a poll

02 Week 4 Rankings - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%02 Week 4 Rankings - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
02 Week 4 Rankings - Page 2 Vote_lcap91%02 Week 4 Rankings - Page 2 Vote_rcap 91% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 11
Back

02 Week 4 Rankings - Page 2 Empty Re: 02 Week 4 Rankings

Post by tmcc 09/03/11, 01:46 pm

I would vote for him.

tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 09/03/11, 02:43 pm

tmcc wrote:Probably should take Fever Red out as well for using Mr. Messi.

Here is a radical idea, why don't we just disolve the 02's all together. Sounds like the 03's are pretty strong and all 02 parents know that the 01 teams are just sooooooo much deeper than the 02's. So stricly for ranking purposes, because 01's and 03's have it mathmatically and scientifically figured out, the 02's should just join the 03's or the 01's. Stay with your team of course. We want to support the great 02 coaches. But it's your choice for the Spring season, play up or play down. Then at the end of Spring, teams either get moved up to the 01 division or moved down to the 03 division based on their ranking. And I say let the kids (parents) play with whomever they want. Just an absolute, no loyalty free for all.

Oh wait, there is that QT thing for 01's. What about the 04's. Think the 02's are strong enough to compete with that group? Hey if some of the 03's can presumabely beat some of the 01 teams, why couldn't some 04's take down some 02's.

We can start our own league and call it The Over 7 But Under 10 League of Mass Destruction. 04's are in charge of hair bows for the entire league, 03's are responsible for collecting all scores and computing the scores into rankings, and the 02's are in charge of snacks after the game.

No referees needed. They haven't called a foul all season anyway.
Sounds great let the 03 take it all, they have the only parents that are concerned with rankings! But after reading the 04 posts I'm a bit scared for our little 02's to play the 04 DT South. They push, and possibly have parents that cuss!THAT SCARES ME!

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 09/03/11, 03:20 pm

happygilmore wrote:
tmcc wrote:Probably should take Fever Red out as well for using Mr. Messi.

Here is a radical idea, why don't we just disolve the 02's all together. Sounds like the 03's are pretty strong and all 02 parents know that the 01 teams are just sooooooo much deeper than the 02's. So stricly for ranking purposes, because 01's and 03's have it mathmatically and scientifically figured out, the 02's should just join the 03's or the 01's. Stay with your team of course. We want to support the great 02 coaches. But it's your choice for the Spring season, play up or play down. Then at the end of Spring, teams either get moved up to the 01 division or moved down to the 03 division based on their ranking. And I say let the kids (parents) play with whomever they want. Just an absolute, no loyalty free for all.

Oh wait, there is that QT thing for 01's. What about the 04's. Think the 02's are strong enough to compete with that group? Hey if some of the 03's can presumabely beat some of the 01 teams, why couldn't some 04's take down some 02's.

We can start our own league and call it The Over 7 But Under 10 League of Mass Destruction. 04's are in charge of hair bows for the entire league, 03's are responsible for collecting all scores and computing the scores into rankings, and the 02's are in charge of snacks after the game.

No referees needed. They haven't called a foul all season anyway.
Sounds great let the 03 take it all, they have the only parents that are concerned with rankings! But after reading the 04 posts I'm a bit scared for our little 02's to play the 04 DT South. They push, and possibly have parents that cuss!THAT SCARES ME!

I think you are incorrect. The '04 and '01 parents beat out the '03 parents. Additionally look at the '02 ranking threads as compared to the '03 ranking threads. MANY more replies on the '02 ranking blog.

Try again happy.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Hippie Chick 09/03/11, 03:50 pm

Redcard- can 2 players really make that much of a difference?

Hippie Chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by redcard99 09/03/11, 04:41 pm

Hippie Chick you must not watch much U-9 soccer. Of course two can make a huge diffrence. One of them is the greatest goal scorer in the league. Did Messi matter much to Barcelona yesterday? Im with 1v1 this horse has had the hell beat out of it. If you dont get it you never will. No more ranking for me geeeeez.

redcard99
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzed 09/03/11, 06:05 pm

redcard99 wrote:Hippie Chick you must not watch much U-9 soccer. Of course two can make a huge diffrence. One of them is the greatest goal scorer in the league. Did Messi matter much to Barcelona yesterday? Im with 1v1 this horse has had the hell beat out of it. If you dont get it you never will. No more ranking for me geeeeez.

I think FCD does have the greatest goal scorer in the league but I have never seen her play on Stav's team. I think you have your players mixed up.

By the way, is this your first dd going through Academy?

Blitzed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hippie Chick 09/03/11, 06:41 pm

Blitzed wrote:
redcard99 wrote:Hippie Chick you must not watch much U-9 soccer. Of course two can make a huge diffrence. One of them is the greatest goal scorer in the league. Did Messi matter much to Barcelona yesterday? Im with 1v1 this horse has had the hell beat out of it. If you dont get it you never will. No more ranking for me geeeeez.

I think FCD does have the greatest goal scorer in the league but I have never seen her play on Stav's team. I think you have your players mixed up.

My team played against FCD in D-II a year ago. They had a girl who scored all their goals...is this the girl you are referring to?

Hippie Chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerA 09/03/11, 09:17 pm

Hippie Chick wrote:
Blitzed wrote:

My team played against FCD in D-II a year ago. They had a girl who scored all their goals...is this the girl you are referring to?

Greatest goal scorer in the league....Strong words. For fun, I tend to disagree. I have watched all of these 02 teams play for a few seasons now and I have seen a few great scorers in this league. I think the one you are referrng to plays for FCD. I have seen great scorers on Webb 02, Stav, and Dynamo. The one thing I did notice was that Webb 02 had the right players to counter FCD dallas dynamic duo.

soccerA
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/03/11, 11:33 pm

Ok I'm a little late to chime in on multiple posts. I had to work all day and posting on the forum isn't my day job, which i think it may be for a few of you (doubleDD?? Very Happy ).

Yes, fever is sharing players this season, but i think we all know why and they may deserve a grace period. After signing up for 11 v 11 three players left so they borrow from an in-house team. I would hate to see them left out as they were inching toward the top with all redcards disqualifications.

No, don't scrap the rankings. I don't care about the numbers or the unfair "help" some teams are getting. What else is going to get the chatter going? I mean we are not really going to sink to constructive discussions about soccer and positive youth development are we? Boring.

Last edited by bobmac15 on 09/03/11, 11:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling again)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/03/11, 12:18 am

bobmac15 wrote:Ok I'm a little late to chime in on multiple posts. I had to work all day and posting on the forum isn't my day job, which i think it may be for a few of you (doubleDD?? Very Happy ).

Yes, fever is sharing players this season, but i think we all know why and they may deserve a grace period. After signing up for 11 v 11 three players left so they borrow from an in-house team. I would hate to see them left out as they were inching toward the top with all redcards disqualifications.

No, don't scrap the rankings. I don't care about the numbers or the unfair "help" some teams are getting. What else is going to get the chatter going? I mean we are not really going to sink to constructive discussions about soccer and positive youth development are we? Boring.

I sure hope we don't deconstruct, that would be awful! lol!

But to respond to your comment, Correct me if I'm wrong BUT I have a friend whose daughter plays for Fever one of the 02 teams (Red, White or Black) and have been told that the Fever Red team has been sharing players "in house" since before the loss of the DT girls. From what I understand the top players from Solar are playing for two of the teams and helping them out quite nicely.

So "in house" or not, it is still sharing and it is still the same that Stav and the REST OF Solar and FCD teams are accused of doing so this should definitely affect all rankings if Solar is affected because of all of their "in house" sharing.

But please don't deconstruct or implode or whatever it is that they are accusing you all of doing over there. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 10/03/11, 08:31 am

The Fever situation is a little different. First off two of the Texan girls were gone weeks before our league started. The plan was to play league with only 11 or 12, whatever it was that we had at that time. The two girls Red uses from the white team, came over from Solar Murin when that team folded. Kind of like divine intervention. The man upstairs knew we needed some help. However, there were more than 2 girls that came over from Solar and the coaching staff wanted to keep those players together to make the transition easier for the Solar girls and parents. We all know how uncomfortable it can be to change teams. So, they went to white which by the way is coached by Penn and plays in a different league. I think that is where the ethical difference is. Fever uses their own girls which are coached by the same coach. The only thing Fever is guilty of is providing these girls a place to play when Solar pulled the rug out from underneath them.

We are not stacking for wins like some other teams do.
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : Sometimes, when you mess with the bull, you get the horns!

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzed 10/03/11, 12:36 pm

tmcc wrote:The Fever situation is a little different. First off two of the Texan girls were gone weeks before our league started. The plan was to play league with only 11 or 12, whatever it was that we had at that time. The two girls Red uses from the white team, came over from Solar Murin when that team folded. Kind of like divine intervention. The man upstairs knew we needed some help. However, there were more than 2 girls that came over from Solar and the coaching staff wanted to keep those players together to make the transition easier for the Solar girls and parents. We all know how uncomfortable it can be to change teams. So, they went to white which by the way is coached by Penn and plays in a different league. I think that is where the ethical difference is. Fever uses their own girls which are coached by the same coach. The only thing Fever is guilty of is providing these girls a place to play when Solar pulled the rug out from underneath them.

So how does a team go about "stacking for wins"? Do they get to scout all the other teams and pick whoever they want? Is that how it works? Rolling Eyes

The reality is that academy is supposed to be a time where you are free to look around and try to find a good match for your daughter before she comes of select age and has to sign a 1 year contract. Some parents have their daughter practice and play with multiple teams in order to speed up development or to find a team that is a good fit. Others choose to only play with one team at a time. This is a decision made by the parents. The coaches and teams aren't holding an 02 draft to force these players to play for them.

I really don't see what the big deal is. Parents should have the right to take full advantage of the academy period if they so choose. I also wouldn't expect a coach to turn away a top player who wants to check out his/her team either. The only disadvantage to the practice of allowing players to play on multiple teams that I can see is that it screws up the ever so important 02 girls rankings.

Blitzed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 10/03/11, 12:45 pm

Blitzed wrote:
tmcc wrote:The Fever situation is a little different. First off two of the Texan girls were gone weeks before our league started. The plan was to play league with only 11 or 12, whatever it was that we had at that time. The two girls Red uses from the white team, came over from Solar Murin when that team folded. Kind of like divine intervention. The man upstairs knew we needed some help. However, there were more than 2 girls that came over from Solar and the coaching staff wanted to keep those players together to make the transition easier for the Solar girls and parents. We all know how uncomfortable it can be to change teams. So, they went to white which by the way is coached by Penn and plays in a different league. I think that is where the ethical difference is. Fever uses their own girls which are coached by the same coach. The only thing Fever is guilty of is providing these girls a place to play when Solar pulled the rug out from underneath them.

So how does a team go about "stacking for wins"? Do they get to scout all the other teams and pick whoever they want? Is that how it works? Rolling Eyes

The reality is that academy is supposed to be a time where you are free to look around and try to find a good match for your daughter before she comes of select age and has to sign a 1 year contract. Some parents have their daughter practice and play with multiple teams in order to speed up development or to find a team that is a good fit. Others choose to only play with one team at a time. This is a decision made by the parents. The coaches and teams aren't holding an 02 draft to force these players to play for them.

I really don't see what the big deal is. Parents should have the right to take full advantage of the academy period if they so choose. I also wouldn't expect a coach to turn away a top player who wants to check out his/her team either. The only disadvantage to the practice of allowing players to play on multiple teams that I can see is that it screws up the ever so important 02 girls rankings.
cheers

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 10/03/11, 02:49 pm

My point of concern is not the rankings, its the fact that there are girls that practice with Team A, work hard, prepare for the game, get excited for the game.....and then Super Star off of Team B comes in and plays in the game when Team A could be using their own players.

I understand the point that this is academy and parents are free to do whatever they want with their daughters. If a coach asks you to come guest play, its because you will help the team more than likely win. Do you think that coach would let your daughter play if she was horrible? So parents may be doing it to help their daughters get more touches, but coaches do it to win. Do not be fooled.

I still think if you are going to guest, you should first go to that teams practice and you should never guest in the same league you are already playing in.
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzed 11/03/11, 12:32 am

tmcc wrote:My point of concern is not the rankings, its the fact that there are girls that practice with Team A, work hard, prepare for the game, get excited for the game.....and then Super Star off of Team B comes in and plays in the game when Team A could be using their own players.

I understand the point that this is academy and parents are free to do whatever they want with their daughters. If a coach asks you to come guest play, its because you will help the team more than likely win. Do you think that coach would let your daughter play if she was horrible? So parents may be doing it to help their daughters get more touches, but coaches do it to win. Do not be fooled.

I still think if you are going to guest, you should first go to that teams practice and you should never guest in the same league you are already playing in.

I would expect that coaches who would ask my daughter, or any player for that matter, to guest play would have teams that would fit her level of play. Strong players will go to strong teams. Moderate players will go to moderate teams. Weaker players will go to weaker teams. This is what academy soccer is for, to find a good match for your daughter. Guest playing happens with teams at all levels but I've noticed that most people only make a big deal when the stronger teams do it. Why is that?

And don't worry about me being fooled. I understand what Academy soccer is. I understand that Academy rosters are fluid. And I also understand how unimportant 9 year old soccer is.

You, on the other hand, are only fooling yourself if you think all of the girls on your academy the team now will be on your select team in 1.5 years. Or to put it in your words, "there [will be] girls that practice with Team A, work hard, prepare for the game, get excited for the game.....and then Super Star off of Team B comes in and plays in the game when Team A could be using their own players. takes their roster spot on the select team."

Blitzed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 11/03/11, 08:28 am

tmcc wrote:My point of concern is not the rankings, its the fact that there are girls that practice with Team A, work hard, prepare for the game, get excited for the game.....and then Super Star off of Team B comes in and plays in the game when Team A could be using their own players.

I agree coaches should stick with developing THEIR team (girls who pay to play and girls who come to practice eachw week). Most of the time guest players do not pay or practice with the team and this causes ill feelings and it is not good overall for the team morale. If you simply don't have enough girls to play and need help fielding a team, that is a different situation, but just adding girls to win while girls who come to every practice ride the bench is not right. This happens frequently with several different coaches-parents should do their homework and not play for these coaches -if they have a problem with guest playing. Guest playing (most of the time) is just a huge recruitment tactic, parents feel great bc their dd is getting some recognition. The coach would simply like their business full time. All part of the game.

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 11/03/11, 09:03 am

happygilmore wrote:

I agree coaches should stick with developing THEIR team (girls who pay to play and girls who come to practice eachw week). Most of the time guest players do not pay or practice with the team and this causes ill feelings and it is not good overall for the team morale. If you simply don't have enough girls to play and need help fielding a team, that is a different situation, but just adding girls to win while girls who come to every practice ride the bench is not right. This happens frequently with several different coaches-parents should do their homework and not play for these coaches -if they have a problem with guest playing. Guest playing (most of the time) is just a huge recruitment tactic, parents feel great bc their dd is getting some recognition. The coach would simply like their business full time. All part of the game.

Thank you Happy. Finally someone gets it.

Blitzed, put your feelings of pride aside, and imagine what the 9 year old girl feels like when she has to sit on the bench because a girl she has never seen before is now playing instead of her...and to borrow your words, in a 9 year old game that is so unimportant. I will take it even one step further. Let's say you buy tickets to go see the Rangers this season....right behind home plate, 4 rows back. You can smell the pine tar from your seats. Then about the 3rd inning, the usher comes down and tells you that you have to move because Jerry Jones and his family would like your seats. So the usher redirects to the nose bleed section and not only does he not care that you just got screwed, but he expects you to be fine with it.

This happens every week with some teams. Paying customers of academy soccer get Jerry Jones'ed every weekend. If you are concerned that your daughter is playing for the wrong team, go to another teams practice...not a game!
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 11/03/11, 09:19 am

tmcc wrote:
happygilmore wrote:

Blitzed, put your feelings of pride aside, and imagine what the 9 year old girl feels like when she has to sit on the bench because a girl she has never seen before is now playing instead of her...and to borrow your words, in a 9 year old game that is so unimportant. I will take it even one step further. Let's say you buy tickets to go see the Rangers this season....right behind home plate, 4 rows back. You can smell the pine tar from your seats. Then about the 3rd inning, the usher comes down and tells you that you have to move because Jerry Jones and his family would like your seats. So the usher redirects to the nose bleed section and not only does he not care that you just got screwed, but he expects you to be fine with it.

This happens every week with some teams. Paying customers of academy soccer get Jerry Jones'ed every weekend. If you are concerned that your daughter is playing for the wrong team, go to another teams practice...not a game!

If you have a challenge with the coach allowing guest players to come play with your team, then go to the coach. The players and parents have not done anything wrong, they are just do what your coach is allowing them to do.
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerA 11/03/11, 09:33 am

turftoe9 wrote:
tmcc wrote:
happygilmore wrote:

If you have a challenge with the coach allowing guest players to come play with your team, then go to the coach. The players and parents have not done anything wrong, they are just do what your coach is allowing them to do.

I agree with this statement. Guest playing is a quick tactic to get quick wins against formible apponents. As we should know in the sports world, bringing great players together to build a super team isn't a recipe for victory. Team chemistry and practice builds character and wins. Players must sweat together, win together, loose together in order to produce consistent wins. If parents have a problem with it, you should bring the issue to your coach.

At this age, you should be looking to develop your kids' individual and TEAM playing skills. If one wants more touches, they should try out and come to practice first before coming to play in a game. Introducing a new player to a game situation that has not practiced with a team can be a disaster. Just sayin!

soccerA
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 11/03/11, 10:13 am

turftoe9 wrote:
tmcc wrote:
happygilmore wrote:

No one is blaming the guest players. It is the coach 100% , but I also think parents should ask the coach why they need their kids to play . (Are you short handed? ) and how many girls will be there totaled.

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fùtbol Consigliere™ 11/03/11, 10:16 am

Having guest players is widely used as a tool for recruitment. If it was my dd that was sitting on the bench because of a few guest players I would talk to the coach about it. Don't be fooled though, if that guest player came over to the team full-time she would take the spot of someone.

SDL is the most competitive league in NTX, so I think the focus has been on the development of the top players. If you fear that your dd does not fall into this category then maybe it's time to have her play on a division 2 team as well. This is one way to ensure that she would get just as many touches on the ball as the "top" players that are playing on multiple teams by guesting. Keep them all developing, have them get as many touches on a soccer ball as possible and the level of competition really isn't that important at 9 years old

Fùtbol Consigliere™
Fùtbol Consigliere™
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 11/03/11, 10:20 am

turftoe9 wrote:
tmcc wrote:
happygilmore wrote:

Hiding your unethical choices behind a "coaches decision" is, well, unethical.
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 11/03/11, 10:27 am

I agree that using guest players on a regular basis would be annoying. At the same time, this is Academy soccer, and if you are unsatisfied with your coach, you can always shop for another team. I would advise letting your daughter practice with a couple of other teams and then ask the coach outright how much playing time does he think she will see, and ask the coach how often he will use guest players.

Also, you can always let your DD play in rec at the same time, so that she is getting academy training, and at least 50% playing time in at least one regular game per week.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 11/03/11, 10:36 am

Also every kid develops at different rates. Think....... Michael Jordan not making his Jr. High basketball team. A coach could be sitting a reg. player in exchange for a better (at the time) guest player, the player sitting the bench may just needs her extra touches on the ball, experience and confidence in order to become a great player and big contibuter to the team. Most of the top players now will still be top players in 5 years, but you'll also have some some avg players now rise to become top players with the right coach, team and support system.

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fùtbol Consigliere™ 11/03/11, 11:05 am

happygilmore wrote:Also every kid develops at different rates. Think....... Michael Jordan not making his Jr. High basketball team. A coach could be sitting a reg. player in exchange for a better (at the time) guest player, the player sitting the bench may just needs her extra touches on the ball, experience and confidence in order to become a great player and big contibuter to the team. Most of the top players now will still be top players in 5 years, but you'll also have some some avg players now rise to become top players with the right coach, team and support system.

This is why I think it is very important to make sure that your dd gets the same amount of touches that the "top" players are getting right now. If that means putting her on a rec team or on a division 2 team, then so be it
Fùtbol Consigliere™
Fùtbol Consigliere™
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzed 11/03/11, 03:33 pm

tmcc wrote:
happygilmore wrote:

My pride? We aren't talking about my daughter here. I generally do not have my daughter guest play although I see nothing wrong with the practice.

What we are talking about North Texas soccer. Recruiting goes with the territory. I know how it feels when better players come along and push your kid down in the pecking order. It is a reality of competitive sports and there are very few players who will not experience it at some point in their career.

If I had to guess, I would say you are going through this process for the first time. Trust me when I tell you that if your dd is going to get benched when a guest player comes along, this is information you want to have now, during academy soccer when you are free to look around instead of just after you signed a 1 year contract.

Blitzed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next