North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 Top 15 Rankings Wek 5 - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

04 Top 15 Rankings Wek 5

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

04 Top 15 Rankings Wek 5 - Page 2 Empty Re: 04 Top 15 Rankings Wek 5

Post by Shelby427 22/03/11, 02:58 pm

go99 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
go99 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:And by the way... you are quick to go on the defensive. I didn't attack anyone... merely pointing out that IMO Dalglish is over rated. In the PT tournament, they finished 7-7 goal for/against and were shut out one of those games 4-0. You could hardly say they dominated the other 04 teams.

Since then, they have played fairly poor competition in D3 03 which is essentially REC level soccer.

Yes, I am sure Dalglish is a "different" team, but I am sure ALL of the teams are improved. That being said, with the other 04s playing better competition, I think they are improving at a faster rate.

I am sorry this steps on the massive pride of several (not all) Dalglish parents, but I am just calling it like I see it.

Come on just admit it. You are "over rated" is another way of saying you are no good. It's okay that you hate a group of 7yr old girl. Talk to double DD I think he can help you thru it. BTW a better comparison may be the fever games. The daglish team is not just better since the tournament it is physically a different roster. That team did scrimmage fever and rowdies played them. It was a much tougher and closer game for the Rowdies.

But to make it easy for you, yes the coach made a horrible mistake playing them in the 03's, they will never learn now. They are no where near the other top teams now and next season they will have to drop down to the 04 Div 2 (which everbody know is rec anyway).

Let's see if I can break this down to you. "Over rated" means a team is rated or thought of as being HIGHER than it really is. This by no means equals poor or "no good".

It actually makes perfect since when you realise they are ranked or thought of as #1 when I believe them to be more like #4. #4 is lower than #1 thus the concept of overrated. I did not say they were #10 or "sucked".... just that they are at least 4 steps down from number 1... again thus overrated.

Got it... clear?

Okay so we can get you on record that daglish is a very good team Very Happy

Of course, I have never implied otherwise. They are a very good team. The top 4-5 teams in 04 have a great group of girls.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/03/11, 03:01 pm

go99 wrote:So who pissed in your cheerios shelby? Was it one of the parents from Daglish, the coach, Lose a game to them somewhere along the line. Your "opinion might carry a little more weight if you didn't add in your personal biases "I think Dalglish is WAY overrated... They really struggled through their last tournament and haven't play good competition since. All of the top 04s would dominate D3 03." Roid gave a rundown without the need to attack another team, you could have just disagreed and given yours but really yours is a thinly veiled attempt to attack the daglish team. Maybe we can work thru your need to hate a group of 7yr old girld so much. Surprised you didn't have them lower. Have you even seen Daglish play?
No. I didn't have access to games played in England. His days at Celtic were a little before my love of soccer developed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/03/11, 03:02 pm

go99 wrote:So here are my questions:

Can Solar Kenn hold it's talent? Some have connections to LP and Rowdies and certianly one has the attention of most everyone. My DD really enjoyed playing with her at camp Very Happy .

Can DM and Rowdies pull in talent or develop what he has? Look out fever, solar, Beardsley and another 04 LP team. The lure of being on a "top" team is out there.

Can LW hold together a team long enough to go select? Texans, fc dallas will certianly be calling for players. Will ego's, need to win, play on the top team eventually break them apart?

How long can fever hold out? Shhhh, listen? It's the siren song of DM.

Oh Kat why have you forsaken us? Will she ever return to the 04's

DTS is like the mongolian hoard. Looming, forboading, unknown. What will they eventually bring?

DT north. How long before the best players eventually forsake the "second" team affraid ?
heard she was building a new team.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhamilton1 22/03/11, 03:12 pm

go99 wrote:I don't know if I am going with a solar parent. His hatred of Daglish is strong, as is his love and protection of south. I am not feeling solar with this one. But if you are shelby, can we have our players back DD misses her buddies.

Basically he is reverting back to it because he has never seen Daglish play. It's all he has to grab hold of.

I think your right go99. I think Shelby427 is a DT South parent but I could be wrong.
There is no denying the depth of Daglish. They definitely have more depth than anyone else. Out of the top 5 or 6 teams, the teams that do the best job of acquiring solid players in the off-season will have the upperhand.

bhamilton1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/03/11, 03:17 pm

oooo now there is an interesting piece to the puzzle
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 22/03/11, 03:41 pm

What happened to Webb's old team?

Also what is the skinny on the new?

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by gogunners 22/03/11, 03:54 pm

Webbs team moved to Hollis - it was all down to TorqU apparently!

SeventhRowScreamer, what about Paul or Kelly, surely you're old enough to remember them?

gogunners
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/03/11, 04:57 pm

gogunners wrote:Webbs team moved to Hollis - it was all down to TorqU apparently!

SeventhRowScreamer, what about Paul or Kelly, surely you're old enough to remember them?
I don't think Kenny remembers Paul. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 22/03/11, 06:42 pm

Shelby427 wrote:
go99 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:And by the way... you are quick to go on the defensive. I didn't attack anyone... merely pointing out that IMO Dalglish is over rated. In the PT tournament, they finished 7-7 goal for/against and were shut out one of those games 4-0. You could hardly say they dominated the other 04 teams.

Since then, they have played fairly poor competition in D3 03 which is essentially REC level soccer.

Yes, I am sure Dalglish is a "different" team, but I am sure ALL of the teams are improved. That being said, with the other 04s playing better competition, I think they are improving at a faster rate.

I am sorry this steps on the massive pride of several (not all) Dalglish parents, but I am just calling it like I see it.

Come on just admit it. You are "over rated" is another way of saying you are no good. It's okay that you hate a group of 7yr old girl. Talk to double DD I think he can help you thru it. BTW a better comparison may be the fever games. The daglish team is not just better since the tournament it is physically a different roster. That team did scrimmage fever and rowdies played them. It was a much tougher and closer game for the Rowdies.

But to make it easy for you, yes the coach made a horrible mistake playing them in the 03's, they will never learn now. They are no where near the other top teams now and next season they will have to drop down to the 04 Div 2 (which everbody know is rec anyway).

Let's see if I can break this down to you. "Over rated" means a team is rated or thought of as being HIGHER than it really is. This by no means equals poor or "no good".

It actually makes perfect since when you realise they are ranked or thought of as #1 when I believe them to be more like #4. #4 is lower than #1 thus the concept of overrated. I did not say they were #10 or "sucked".... just that they are at least 4 steps down from number 1... again thus overrated.

Got it... clear?

Here's one for ya! How bout you stop worrying about what Dalglish is doing, where they are ranked, who they play etc. Yall have bashed the liverpool parents when all they have really done is come on here when one of you jealous parents starts bumpin your gums about what YOUR expert opinion is, is defend their team. It is these Solar, Rowdies, South parents etc, that come on here and do the best they can to make ignorant comments about this Dalglish team to try and make them feel better about their own team. How bout let's leave Dalglish out of your rankings,a nd not worry about what they are doing. WHO CARES!!!! If it makes you feel better that YOU think they are rated 4th, good for you!! We don't really give a crap about the 04 division!! I would be SHOCKED if ANY 04 team could pull off a win against them. But you know what, I don't really care and it doesn't really matter!!! Let your DD play freakin soccer and stop crying about the Dalglish team!!

Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futboler 22/03/11, 07:04 pm

This is 6/7 year old soccer that is being discussed here, correct?

I'm curious if anyone could provide and background on when all this "academy" soccer really got started and how?
Futboler
Futboler
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/03/11, 07:44 pm

Futboler wrote:This is 6/7 year old soccer that is being discussed here, correct?

I'm curious if anyone could provide and background on when all this "academy" soccer really got started and how?
If you really want to know then read this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/magazine/06Soccer-t.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekicks04 22/03/11, 07:56 pm

slrsoccer wrote:Lets be honest here. There are 4 teams that can beat each other on any given weekend. We've had DT South beat Dalglish in a very close game, and we've had Kenny beat Rowdies in an even closer game. We have even had Fever play Kenny very close.

Only my opinion here, but the one thing that these top teams have in common is size and athletes. The athletes will continue to be on top, but some of the dominant players now because of size will begin to even themselves out. Not one of these teams is more or less skilled than the other. These games are still dominated by 3 or 4 girls on each of these teams. We have small, EXTREMELY skilled girls who are only average right now, but will be great when everyone begins to equal out. We have big fast girls that dominate at the current moment simply because they can kick the ball 30 yards downfield. We have good goalkeepers on some teams and some that still play field players in goal.

If you really want to project what the future holds for these teams, start with the small girls who are very skilled, not the big, fast boomers that dominate right now. The skilled players are going to be the ones that add the dimension needed by ALL of these teams in a few years.

I appreciate your comment! I have a young, small 04 who has the speed and skills, but I often wonder how long her soccer career will last if size is a huge factor.
Shekicks04
Shekicks04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 22/03/11, 07:57 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
go99 wrote:

Got it... clear?

Here's one for ya! How bout you stop worrying about what Dalglish is doing, where they are ranked, who they play etc. Yall have bashed the liverpool parents when all they have really done is come on here when one of you jealous parents starts bumpin your gums about what YOUR expert opinion is, is defend their team. It is these Solar, Rowdies, South parents etc, that come on here and do the best they can to make ignorant comments about this Dalglish team to try and make them feel better about their own team. How bout let's leave Dalglish out of your rankings,a nd not worry about what they are doing. WHO CARES!!!! If it makes you feel better that YOU think they are rated 4th, good for you!! We don't really give a crap about the 04 division!! I would be SHOCKED if ANY 04 team could pull off a win against them. But you know what, I don't really care and it doesn't really matter!!! Let your DD play freakin soccer and stop crying about the Dalglish team!!

Wow...give me a break. Nobody is attacking Liverpool unless you consider someone saying they are... Wait for it... OMG.. Maybe not number 1!!! How dare they! What a horrible thing to say!!

But seriously, in case you missed it this was a rankings thread by opinion only. It really means nothing. But you saying it means nothing, then getting all pissed off that someone says LP is not #1 in their opinion says more about you than anyone else.

This was a civil thread until you came along throwing fits that some might think LP is not the best 04 team.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Futboler 22/03/11, 08:02 pm

seventhrowscreamer wrote:
Futboler wrote:This is 6/7 year old soccer that is being discussed here, correct?

Good read, thanks. I'm actually well aware of Ajax and others, but was more interested in how all this got started here in our area. I know there was no system like this if you look back 10 years.
Futboler
Futboler
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/03/11, 08:25 pm

Futboler wrote:

Good read, thanks. I'm actually well aware of Ajax and others, but was more interested in how all this got started here in our area. I know there was no system like this if you look back 10 years.
It's a rapidly growing monster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 22/03/11, 08:29 pm

Shelby427 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
go99 wrote:

Got it... clear?

Wow...give me a break. Nobody is attacking Liverpool unless you consider someone saying they are... Wait for it... OMG.. Maybe not number 1!!! How dare they! What a horrible thing to say!!

But seriously, in case you missed it this was a rankings thread by opinion only. It really means nothing. But you saying it means nothing, then getting all pissed off that someone says LP is not #1 in their opinion says more about you than anyone else.

This was a civil thread until you came along throwing fits that some might think LP is not the best 04 team.

Thanks for your spare input Mr civilized. This Daglish team has all you 04 parents with ur panties in a wad. I don't care where you 04 parents rank them, so thanks smart ass. How bout all the 04 parents just quit crying about what WE are doing and go on with the SUPER talented 04 division. All I hear on hear is whinning about this team, its pathetic. Then I say shut up, and u come one here acting like I'm the one stirring the pot. Your a joke
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futboler 22/03/11, 08:31 pm

Futboler wrote:

It's a rapidly growing monster.

So which was the first year of the current version of Academy soccer, Ive been reading some of the older posts and thought I saw where someone mentioned the 99s as the first group to basically start off going thru full blown academy into select. Anyone know?
Futboler
Futboler
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStar 22/03/11, 08:37 pm

95's first year of academy
LoneStar
LoneStar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futboler 22/03/11, 09:20 pm

LoneStar wrote:95's first year of academy

So the 95s started out at U7 academy?
Futboler
Futboler
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2good4u 22/03/11, 09:56 pm

Dalglish probably does have the deepest and strongest roster from player 1 through 12. That is likely a function of them starting the earliest in the academy years and having the largest pool to choose from. This helps in the games because everybody has to play. I have seen players on Solar, Rowdies, TX spirit, Fever, and DT north who are just as good or better than those on Dalglish. But in a full game, Dalglish is more likely to win.

The other X factor is the goalie. How many goals have we all seen because of a goalie mistake or a goal kick that didn't make it out of the box? Does it really mean your a better team if the other team's goalie can't pick up the ball or kicks it right to the other team? The ability of your goalie to clear the ball really makes a difference at this age. Does anybody know which teams have dedicated goalies?

Somebody mentioned Dalglish having a relatively easy time against Fever. I believe they are the only top 04 team who has played the current roster of Dalglish. My recollection is that Fever lost 3 to 1. Isn't that the same score of Rowdies against Fever? I believe the Fever team also handily beat the Beardsley team. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2good4u
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 22/03/11, 10:14 pm

2good4u wrote:Dalglish probably does have the deepest and strongest roster from player 1 through 12. That is likely a function of them starting the earliest in the academy years and having the largest pool to choose from. This helps in the games because everybody has to play. I have seen players on Solar, Rowdies, TX spirit, Fever, and DT north who are just as good or better than those on Dalglish. But in a full game, Dalglish is more likely to win.

The other X factor is the goalie. How many goals have we all seen because of a goalie mistake or a goal kick that didn't make it out of the box? Does it really mean your a better team if the other team's goalie can't pick up the ball or kicks it right to the other team? The ability of your goalie to clear the ball really makes a difference at this age. Does anybody know which teams have dedicated goalies?

Somebody mentioned Dalglish having a relatively easy time against Fever. I believe they are the only top 04 team who has played the current roster of Dalglish. My recollection is that Fever lost 3 to 1. Isn't that the same score of Rowdies against Fever? I believe the Fever team also handily beat the Beardsley team. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ha!! Well, that was the score after the first half. The final was like 6-2
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futboler 22/03/11, 10:18 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
2good4u wrote:Dalglish probably does have the deepest and strongest roster from player 1 through 12. That is likely a function of them starting the earliest in the academy years and having the largest pool to choose from. This helps in the games because everybody has to play. I have seen players on Solar, Rowdies, TX spirit, Fever, and DT north who are just as good or better than those on Dalglish. But in a full game, Dalglish is more likely to win.

What's funny is that this is U7 soccer and half of any roster wont even be playing this sport in a year or two or three, including some of the current Mia Hamms of all these teams. Come on now!
Futboler
Futboler
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/03/11, 10:20 pm

yeah it was like 6 or so. But I was very impressed with the fever team. they fought hard for the ball and had several girls who where really good.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/03/11, 10:22 pm

that is correct I hope my DD still plays by the time select comes around. oh and the part about the keeper is also true. Daglish has a very good keeper but she only plays half of the game in goal
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 22/03/11, 10:23 pm

go99 wrote:yeah it was like 6 or so. But I was very impressed with the fever team. they fought hard for the ball and had several girls who where really good.

And not that anybody cares, but one of the top Dalglish players was not even there at that scrimmage
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 22/03/11, 10:31 pm

Moosh98 wrote:

And just for the record, none of the Dalglish goals were gimmies from the keeper
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next