North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'02 FBR Rankings - Week 6 - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

'02 FBR Rankings - Week 6

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

'02 FBR Rankings - Week 6 - Page 2 Empty Re: '02 FBR Rankings - Week 6

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 30/03/11, 01:42 pm

RoidRage wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
soccerdad19 wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
AP Pollster wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
AP Pollster wrote:hey, since I see all you 03 SRSA people on this thread. I wanted to throw out a question. I'm doing my rankings and I am having a difficult time throwing you guys in the mix because I have never seen you play age pure.

I AM NOT saying this to belittle how good some of your players are and the high quality soccer that you are capable of playing, but I think it is a legit question. Like, when you beat DT South 11v11 in primetime. Were you playing with all 03's.......were they?

It just seems strange because Kat has two top 03 teams so you obviously have enough players to pass around and play age pure. You guys are great, so why not stick to the SDL rules and play age pure?

When '03 SRSA and DT South '03 played, they both played age pure. Kat's Solar Red team is her development team. They are competing well in '03, but may not be prepared for '02 D1.

'03 SRSA has used an '02 goalie and a defender in the past while we play D1 '02s. Kat & Derek agree it is for the better development of our girls just like Derek has done in the past with his D1 girls that are in select now. I am not 100% sure how SDL looks at this. As per SDL rules we should also only be playing D2 not D1. However, we know how that went last season.

Most games we play age pure. We will always play age pure against any other '03 team.

I have seen games in SDL where the keeper and two top 02 defensive players from Kat's team stay on the field the entire game(maybe, get a few minutes break). In 9v9 that's 33% of the team. It seems that some are underestimating how big of a difference that can make in a game. Like when 02 rowdies use some 01's to help them out when they play up.

I'm sure Derek knows what he is doing since he was successful in the past with the 00's.

Well..... Then you know as much as I do. You are more than welcome to leave us off any rankings. Our team is more about development rather than rankings. I am personally proud of what our team is doing in D1 and 11v11 even with the assistance of 1-2 '02s on occasion.

JJ - come one now. This sounds like a different tune. You are on these forums a lot, much of the time on the 02 threads, talking up Kat and this SRSA 03 team and how good they are, as an 03 team competing with 02 D1 teams. It is a good team, and they did dominate the 02 D2 teams last season, thus playing up this season. Really should be no complaints about using the 02 players, in an 02 division, seems fine to me. Some fourm browesers might see it as a little mis leading, considering this fact is down played or never mentioned until now when called out on it, all the while talking about how great this SRSA 03 team is and has competed in the 02 D1 division this season. As for the rankings, between JJ and Turftow, you both seem really happy to be mentioned in the 02 rankings up to this point, as you have mentioned before.

Look at all the old threads. We NEVER denied utilizing '02s on this team. NEVER. We appreciate the fact that we are mentioned in some of the polls. I do not believe you heard any complaints about SRSA being left off of bwgophers poll. If you want to rank us, feel free to rank us as an '02 team. If you want to leave us off your rankings, then feel free to do so. SRSA has proven where they stand in the '02 & '03 soccer world on the field. I think that speaks louder than txsoccer.net pollsters.

The 02 soccer teams could care less if they use guests! Most other teams do it....Stavou, Dynamo, DT Vigil uses Glotz players, DT South uses stud forward from Waco Blast periodically....only teams that I never see use guests in a league game are DT Glotz, Webb 02, FC Dallas! Now the big question for Jj and TT is why are they using the guests? Is to to help them win? If so....how is that helping development? I understand using a guest if they are trying out your team, but these 02's are obviously not trying out for a 03 team! So there is only one obvious answer...its to help them be competitive! So yes when they do beat an 02 team while using 02 players is does take a little shine off of the victory compared to a victory using only 03 players! But, hey if they need the 02' s to competitive that is what the top
02 teams want.....a competitive game.

Agree, and well said. One correction, no guests for Dynamo this spring. Had a couple of guest players last fall, when some girls were "test driving" with Dynamo. Have not had any guest players this spring.

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 30/03/11, 01:43 pm

RoidRage wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
soccerdad19 wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
AP Pollster wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
AP Pollster wrote:hey, since I see all you 03 SRSA people on this thread. I wanted to throw out a question. I'm doing my rankings and I am having a difficult time throwing you guys in the mix because I have never seen you play age pure.

I AM NOT saying this to belittle how good some of your players are and the high quality soccer that you are capable of playing, but I think it is a legit question. Like, when you beat DT South 11v11 in primetime. Were you playing with all 03's.......were they?

It just seems strange because Kat has two top 03 teams so you obviously have enough players to pass around and play age pure. You guys are great, so why not stick to the SDL rules and play age pure?

When '03 SRSA and DT South '03 played, they both played age pure. Kat's Solar Red team is her development team. They are competing well in '03, but may not be prepared for '02 D1.

'03 SRSA has used an '02 goalie and a defender in the past while we play D1 '02s. Kat & Derek agree it is for the better development of our girls just like Derek has done in the past with his D1 girls that are in select now. I am not 100% sure how SDL looks at this. As per SDL rules we should also only be playing D2 not D1. However, we know how that went last season.

Most games we play age pure. We will always play age pure against any other '03 team.

I have seen games in SDL where the keeper and two top 02 defensive players from Kat's team stay on the field the entire game(maybe, get a few minutes break). In 9v9 that's 33% of the team. It seems that some are underestimating how big of a difference that can make in a game. Like when 02 rowdies use some 01's to help them out when they play up.

I'm sure Derek knows what he is doing since he was successful in the past with the 00's.

Well..... Then you know as much as I do. You are more than welcome to leave us off any rankings. Our team is more about development rather than rankings. I am personally proud of what our team is doing in D1 and 11v11 even with the assistance of 1-2 '02s on occasion.

JJ - come one now. This sounds like a different tune. You are on these forums a lot, much of the time on the 02 threads, talking up Kat and this SRSA 03 team and how good they are, as an 03 team competing with 02 D1 teams. It is a good team, and they did dominate the 02 D2 teams last season, thus playing up this season. Really should be no complaints about using the 02 players, in an 02 division, seems fine to me. Some fourm browesers might see it as a little mis leading, considering this fact is down played or never mentioned until now when called out on it, all the while talking about how great this SRSA 03 team is and has competed in the 02 D1 division this season. As for the rankings, between JJ and Turftow, you both seem really happy to be mentioned in the 02 rankings up to this point, as you have mentioned before.

Look at all the old threads. We NEVER denied utilizing '02s on this team. NEVER. We appreciate the fact that we are mentioned in some of the polls. I do not believe you heard any complaints about SRSA being left off of bwgophers poll. If you want to rank us, feel free to rank us as an '02 team. If you want to leave us off your rankings, then feel free to do so. SRSA has proven where they stand in the '02 & '03 soccer world on the field. I think that speaks louder than txsoccer.net pollsters.

The 02 soccer teams could care less if they use guests! Most other teams do it....Stavou, Dynamo, DT Vigil uses Glotz players, DT South uses stud forward from Waco Blast periodically....only teams that I never see use guests in a league game are DT Glotz, Webb 02, FC Dallas! Now the big question for Jj and TT is why are they using the guests? Is to to help them win? If so....how is that helping development? I understand using a guest if they are trying out your team, but these 02's are obviously not trying out for a 03 team! So there is only one obvious answer...its to help them be competitive! So yes when they do beat an 02 team while using 02 players is does take a little shine off of the victory compared to a victory using only 03 players! But, hey if they need the 02' s to be competitive that is what the top

Watch the Solar Red '00 team. You think they used older girls on their team for the wins or for development when they were in academy coached by Derek? I do believe they are now one of the top '00 teams, if not the top team?

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 30/03/11, 01:45 pm

jj4mel wrote:
RoidRage wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
soccerdad19 wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
AP Pollster wrote:
jj4mel wrote:

The 02 soccer teams could care less if they use guests! Most other teams do it....Stavou, Dynamo, DT Vigil uses Glotz players, DT South uses stud forward from Waco Blast periodically....only teams that I never see use guests in a league game are DT Glotz, Webb 02, FC Dallas! Now the big question for Jj and TT is why are they using the guests? Is to to help them win? If so....how is that helping development? I understand using a guest if they are trying out your team, but these 02's are obviously not trying out for a 03 team! So there is only one obvious answer...its to help them be competitive! So yes when they do beat an 02 team while using 02 players is does take a little shine off of the victory compared to a victory using only 03 players! But, hey if they need the 02' s to be competitive that is what the top

Watch the Solar Red '00 team. You think they used older girls on their team for the wins or for development when they were in academy coached by Derek? I do believe they are now one of the top '00 teams, if not the top team?

If you look at who's scoring the goals. it's not the 02's.
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 30/03/11, 01:58 pm

jj4mel wrote:
RoidRage wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
soccerdad19 wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
AP Pollster wrote:
jj4mel wrote:

So why use them? You still haven't answered the question. You guys obviously have enough girls...I have seen your sideline there are subs available, plus you have the B team playing in 03 Div 1 to draw from. I'm not saying your girls aren't talented....they are very talented....my only question is why use 02's when you have 03's on the bench? The only logical answer is to make the team better....unless you have a more logical answer? I personally don't think you guys need the 02's to be competitive...you might not win many games, but you will be competitive against the top 02 teams. And when you do beat Dynamo, or Glotz with a pure team it will be that much more rewarding! Just my opinion!

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 30/03/11, 02:01 pm

......and if you're looking at a major reason you dont get scored on, it's not 03's....just sayin'

I do everything through instinct, I play like a child ... I think about myself on a small field, or in the street, I see myself with the ball in the same way as I am now. I have not changed at all. You must remember soccer is a game to have fun and you play for that. I don't plan or anticipate my play." -Messi
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 30/03/11, 02:03 pm

soccerskills wrote:......and if you're looking at a major reason you dont get scored on, it's not 03's....just sayin'

Actually.... Yes it is the '03s. If your "just sayin".

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 30/03/11, 02:10 pm

Jj and TT I'm not trying to dog on u guys....Hell its not like you guys are making the decisions to do it....its the coaches! But as a parent you can ask them why! I personally think your coaches knew that it was going to be tough and are trying to ease the transition with the help of 02's. I'm sure most of the dds on your roster up until this year had hardly ever lost a game and when you have uber competitive kids mixed with a lot of losing sometimes equals unhappy kids! And all this would be a perfect reason to use 02's....but you can't minimise the fact that you use 02's! Honesty is always best!

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by shootfire 30/03/11, 02:24 pm

You just said you use 02's as needed and particularly mentioned defense and a keeper. So that would imply it's 02's and 03's that's what soccerskills meant.
shootfire
shootfire
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom4* 30/03/11, 02:25 pm

If some of Kat's 02 players are playing as defenders and goalkeeper, it seems obvious to me that it is not the 03s that are preventing your opponents from scoring.

And, I have seen a huge majority of the goals being scored by the players from DM's core group of 5.

...just sayin'

soccermom4*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by UpperNiner 30/03/11, 02:27 pm

You say that Derek and Kat agree that it is better for the development of your '03 girls to pull in the help of the '02 keeper and '02 defenders against the D1 '02 teams?

Wouldn't it be better for the '03's development to actually play the tougher opponents themselves?
UpperNiner
UpperNiner
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 30/03/11, 02:33 pm

UpperNiner wrote:You say that Derek and Kat agree that it is better for the development of your '03 girls to pull in the help of the '02 keeper and '02 defenders against the D1 '02 teams?

Wouldn't it be better for the '03's development to actually play the tougher opponents themselves?

We don't have a keeper so we borrow one. As for the defense the 02's only play part of the game, to give our 03's a break.
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 30/03/11, 02:36 pm

UpperNiner wrote:You say that Derek and Kat agree that it is better for the development of your '03 girls to pull in the help of the '02 keeper and '02 defenders against the D1 '02 teams?

Feel free to shoot me a PM and I will give you Kat & Derek's numbers to question their motives.

We use '02s on our team. Never kept that a secret. Never denied it. If soccermom thinks she knows our team so well, then she knows the top performers. That would mean she is at every game. If not, then you obviously don't know $hit soccermom.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom4* 30/03/11, 02:36 pm

In agreement with APs post previously, I too have seen SDL and PrimeTime games in which your 02 defenders play games in their entirity, with 03s "giving the breaks".

soccermom4*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom4* 30/03/11, 02:38 pm

JJ - I have actually been in attendance of more than half of the 03s games this season...oh wait, or was it 02s...I'm getting them mixed up now.

soccermom4*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 30/03/11, 02:42 pm

soccermom4* wrote:JJ - I have actually been in attendance of more than half of the 03s games this season...oh wait, or was it 02s...I'm getting them mixed up now.

Any particular reason why you are following our team around? Our games are 31 miles apart. If you want a roster spot feel free to come out to a practice.

UNLESS you are already on one of the Webb teams and you just like coming on here to bash.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 30/03/11, 02:46 pm

soccermom4* wrote:JJ - I have actually been in attendance of more than half of the 03s games this season...oh wait, or was it 02s...I'm getting them mixed up now.

One I don't believe that you've been to half of our games and 2 we only use the 02's part time. Most of the time you'll see a goalie and maybe 1 defender.
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom4* 30/03/11, 02:55 pm

Not that it really matters, but many of my DDs games have fallen before or after SRSAs at the very same complexes. Additionally, my DD has several friends on SRSAs team. With that being said, yes, I am aware of who the "top performers" (as you put it) are.

soccermom4*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 30/03/11, 02:58 pm

soccermom4* wrote:Not that it really matters, but many of my DDs games have fallen before or after SRSAs at the very same complexes. Additionally, my DD has several friends on SRSAs team. With that being said, yes, I am aware of who the "top performers" (as you put it) are.

So then you know it's the 03's and not the 02's who make the difference in the games.
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 30/03/11, 03:00 pm

turftoe9 wrote:
soccermom4* wrote:Not that it really matters, but many of my DDs games have fallen before or after SRSAs at the very same complexes. Additionally, my DD has several friends on SRSAs team. With that being said, yes, I am aware of who the "top performers" (as you put it) are.

So then you know it's the 03's and not the 02's who make the difference in the games.

Additionally it is obvious to you soccermom who the top defenders are.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom4* 30/03/11, 03:06 pm

Laughing

Funny.

I don't care who does and/or doesn't play for your team. I am simply agreeing with previous posts that you can't minimize the fact that you use 02s and it's effectiveness for your team.

soccermom4*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 30/03/11, 03:14 pm

soccermom4* wrote: Laughing

Funny.

I don't care who does and/or doesn't play for your team. I am simply agreeing with previous posts that you can't minimize the fact that you use 02s and it's effectiveness for your team.

Obviously you do care since you just doubled your posts on this topic alone. It also surprises me that you would come on here and blast SRSA for using '02s, then say you have "friends" on the team. Hope I am not your friend too!

My apologies to the rest of the '02 pollsters. Please continue on with your rankings discussions. Please do not hesitate to leave '03 SRSA out of your discussions. It appears it would be for the better.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad19 30/03/11, 03:15 pm

jj4mel wrote:
turftoe9 wrote:

Soooo...you and TT both have the same response. So which is it, we "readily admit using 02 players", no secret, its all about development. Or, we don't really need the 02 players, as they are not a major difference maker in our games? Even though, it sounds like 02's are 3 of 9 players, goalie and 2 defenders, playing much/most of the time? So the question remains as RoidRage said, why use them? I realize you are not the coach or coaches, but you are the one arguing the points, on both sides of the argument it seems. As RoidRage said, most of these 02 parents could care less about the SRSA 03 team using 02 players, but it sure is fun watching you continue to argue one side and then the other.

soccerdad19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 30/03/11, 03:19 pm

soccerdad19 wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
turftoe9 wrote:

Soooo...you and TT both have the same response. So which is it, we "readily admit using 02 players", no secret, its all about development. Or, we don't really need the 02 players, as they are not a major difference maker in our games? Even though, it sounds as though, 3 of 9 players, goalie and 2 defenders are playing much/most of the time? So the question remains, why use them? I realize you are not the coach, but you are the one arguing the points, on both sides of the argument it seems. As RoidRage said, most of these 02 parents could care less about the SRSA 03 team using 02 players, but it sure is fun watching you continue to argue one side and then the other.

I have stated my opinion as to why we use '02s. TT has stated his opinion as to why we use '02s. Feel free to PM me and I will give you the contact information for our coaches Kat & Derek and they can give you the reasoning why they decided to include '02s.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom4* 30/03/11, 03:22 pm

jj4mel wrote:

Funny.

Obviously you do care since you just doubled your posts on this topic alone. It also surprises me that you would come on here and blast SRSA for using '02s, then say you have "friends" on the team. Hope I am not your friend too!

My apologies to the rest of the '02 pollsters. Please continue on with your rankings discussions. Please do not hesitate to leave '03 SRSA out of your discussions. It appears it would be for the better.

Let me begin by apologizing if it appeared that I was "blasting SRSA"...that was definitely not my intent. And yes, my daughter does have friends on the team. And, once again, I have simply agreed with previous posts.

soccermom4*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 30/03/11, 03:24 pm

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 30/03/11, 03:40 pm

soccermom4* wrote:
jj4mel wrote:

Funny.

Let me begin by apologizing if it appeared that I was "blasting SRSA"...that was definitely not my intent. And yes, my daughter does have friends on the team. And, once again, I have simply agreed with previous posts.

I guess you must be a DTS parent. Every time we've played you we have only used 03's so I don't understand your banter. My DD has played your team 6 times, Sting, Mustangs and now SRSA and has always respected your team. For you to come on here and try to diss what they have done is just wrong. Do we use 02's yes but for only part the game.
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next