North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'02 FBR Rankings - Week 6 - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

'02 FBR Rankings - Week 6

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

'02 FBR Rankings - Week 6 - Page 3 Empty Re: '02 FBR Rankings - Week 6

Post by turftoe9 30/03/11, 03:40 pm

soccermom4* wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
soccermom4* wrote: Laughing

Funny.

I don't care who does and/or doesn't play for your team. I am simply agreeing with previous posts that you can't minimize the fact that you use 02s and it's effectiveness for your team.

Obviously you do care since you just doubled your posts on this topic alone. It also surprises me that you would come on here and blast SRSA for using '02s, then say you have "friends" on the team. Hope I am not your friend too!

My apologies to the rest of the '02 pollsters. Please continue on with your rankings discussions. Please do not hesitate to leave '03 SRSA out of your discussions. It appears it would be for the better.

Let me begin by apologizing if it appeared that I was "blasting SRSA"...that was definitely not my intent. And yes, my daughter does have friends on the team. And, once again, I have simply agreed with previous posts.

I guess you must be a DTS parent. Every time we've played you we have only used 03's so I don't understand your banter. My DD has played your team 6 times, Sting, Mustangs and now SRSA and has always respected your team. For you to come on here and try to diss what they have done is just wrong. Do we use 02's yes but for only part the game.

turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 30/03/11, 03:45 pm

turftoe9 wrote:
soccermom4* wrote:
jj4mel wrote:

Funny.

I don't care who does and/or doesn't play for your team. I am simply agreeing with previous posts that you can't minimize the fact that you use 02s and it's effectiveness for your team.

Obviously you do care since you just doubled your posts on this topic alone. It also surprises me that you would come on here and blast SRSA for using '02s, then say you have "friends" on the team. Hope I am not your friend too!

My apologies to the rest of the '02 pollsters. Please continue on with your rankings discussions. Please do not hesitate to leave '03 SRSA out of your discussions. It appears it would be for the better.

Let me begin by apologizing if it appeared that I was "blasting SRSA"...that was definitely not my intent. And yes, my daughter does have friends on the team. And, once again, I have simply agreed with previous posts.

I guess you must be a DTS parent. Every time we've played you we have only used 03's so I don't understand your banter. My DD has played your team 6 times, Sting, Mustangs and now SRSA and has always respected your team. For you to come on here and try to diss what they have done is just wrong. Do we use 02's yes but for only part the game.

I REALLYhope soccermom is not a DTS parent. This would be the WRONG subject matter for her to include herself in.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom4* 30/03/11, 03:50 pm

lol!

Wow, so defensive.

But seriously, no, I am not a DTS parent. And, I have not bashed or intended to be critical of any particular club, players, or coaches in particular. Just [/b]once again[b], agreeing with previous posts.

soccermom4*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 03dad 30/03/11, 03:51 pm

turftoe9 wrote:
soccermom4* wrote:
jj4mel wrote:

Funny.

Dont throw us under the bus because you just got ran over!!
This is your train wreck not ours so take your guesses elsewhere!!!!!!!!
03dad
03dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 30/03/11, 03:56 pm

soccermom4* wrote: lol!

Wow, so defensive.

But seriously, no, I am not a DTS parent. And, I have not bashed or intended to be critical of any particular club, players, or coaches in particular. Just [/b]once again[b], agreeing with previous posts.

So then, you could not of seen half of our games as you have stated. Unless you got there very early and stayed late.
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 30/03/11, 03:56 pm

03dad wrote:
turftoe9 wrote:
soccermom4* wrote:
jj4mel wrote:

Funny.

Dont throw us under the bus because you just got ran over!!
This is your train wreck not ours so take your guesses elsewhere!!!!!!!!

Not trying to throw DTS under the bus. Just don't appreciate soccermom trying to jump on the band wagon and say her DD has "friends" on our team. Most of our girls are friends with DTS players.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by UpperNiner 30/03/11, 04:10 pm

Honest question, will the 02 keeper play for the 03 team this weekend when you guys play the 02 team? Will she split halves? I know the 03 team does not have a keeper, that's why I ask.

pig
UpperNiner
UpperNiner
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 30/03/11, 04:12 pm

UpperNiner wrote:Honest question, will the 02 keeper play for the 03 team this weekend when you guys play the 02 team? Will she split halves? I know the 03 team does not have a keeper, that's why I ask.

pig

Ask Kat or show up for the game.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom4* 30/03/11, 04:12 pm

Seriously?!

So, I'm not allowed to say that my DD has friends on your DD team? I'm not trying to "jump on any bandwagon"...I only mentioned that my daughter had friends on your DDs team to explain to you why I was, as you put it, "following your team around".

Anyway, like I said earlier, personally, I don't care who does / doesn't play with your team. I just agree with others that you can't minimize the effectiveness of using 02s.

soccermom4*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad19 30/03/11, 04:14 pm

jj4mel wrote:
UpperNiner wrote:Honest question, will the 02 keeper play for the 03 team this weekend when you guys play the 02 team? Will she split halves? I know the 03 team does not have a keeper, that's why I ask.

pig

Do you know about the 02 defenders, or ask Kat on that one as well? Or Derek?

soccerdad19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 30/03/11, 04:23 pm

soccerdad19 wrote:
jj4mel wrote:

pig

Do you know about the 02 defenders, or ask Kat on that one as well? Or Derek?

Glad to see you're catching on. Did I miss your PM?

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/11, 04:29 pm

RoidRage wrote:
03dad wrote:Didnt Dynamo beat Stav 3-1? Has Stav played Glotz?

Yes, Glotz beat them 2-0.... and Dynamo has beaten Stavou 2 times this season! I think what keeps Stavou up so high is their win over Webb! Plus Dynamo has lost a couple of games against weaker teams...like SRSA 03 and TFC Elite!

D-A-N-G!!!! I leave the thread alone for a few hours and you guys (and girls) suddenly turn into a bunch of '01 parents! affraid

RR has it pretty much correct. FBR (and most computer based rankings) are looking at the full body of work over the time frame in question (in this case, from Jan. 1 forward). They also typically don't apply any kind of Head-to-Head logic (i.e. can't rank Team A above Team B because Team B just beat Team A).

While Stav has stumbled a bit in the past couple of weeks, they are still being buoyed a bit by a couple of early season wins over Dynamo, their W over SRSA Webb '02 (the only team to beat Webb this Spring), and a 5-1 W over TFC Elite.

I also played around a bit with changing the various weighting factors in FBR to see if there was one particular factor (Margin of Victory, Strength of Schedule, etc...) that was driving Stav to be ranked where they are, and in particular higher than DT Glotz. However, I really couldn't find one. The amount of change I would have to make to the formula to drop Stav a couple of spots, always resulted in several other changes in the rankings that really don't look appropriate.

So, the bottom line is that FBR seems pretty dialed in on having Stav at #4, Glotz at #5 this week.

Stepping back and looking at a slightly bigger picture, what FBR is really saying is that DT South, Solar Stav, DT Glotz, and Fever Red are all pretty close to one another and I wouldn't be surprised to see positions swap on a weekly basis in the near term. There is a big gap between FCD Premier and these teams, and a smaller gap, but a gap nonetheless, between these teams and TFC Elite/Solar Dynamo at #7/8.

With that said, if I was putting out an opinion poll, I would probably have dropped Stav at least a couple of spots lower based on the past couple of weekends. That is why I have always said that it is valuable to have the human polls in addition to the computer polls like FBR and Power Rankings.

Hope this helps explain things a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad19 30/03/11, 04:45 pm

bwgophers wrote:
RoidRage wrote:
03dad wrote:Didnt Dynamo beat Stav 3-1? Has Stav played Glotz?

Yes, Glotz beat them 2-0.... and Dynamo has beaten Stavou 2 times this season! I think what keeps Stavou up so high is their win over Webb! Plus Dynamo has lost a couple of games against weaker teams...like SRSA 03 and TFC Elite!

D-A-N-G!!!! I leave the thread alone for a few hours and you guys (and girls) suddenly turn into a bunch of '01 parents! affraid

RR has it pretty much correct. FBR (and most computer based rankings) are looking at the full body of work over the time frame in question (in this case, from Jan. 1 forward). They also typically don't apply any kind of Head-to-Head logic (i.e. can't rank Team A above Team B because Team B just beat Team A).

While Stav has stumbled a bit in the past couple of weeks, they are still being buoyed a bit by a couple of early season wins over Dynamo, their W over SRSA Webb '02 (the only team to beat Webb this Spring), and a 5-1 W over TFC Elite.

I also played around a bit with changing the various weighting factors in FBR to see if there was one particular factor (Margin of Victory, Strength of Schedule, etc...) that was driving Stav to be ranked where they are, and in particular higher than DT Glotz. However, I really couldn't find one. The amount of change I would have to make to the formula to drop Stav a couple of spots, always resulted in several other changes in the rankings that really don't look appropriate.

So, the bottom line is that FBR seems pretty dialed in on having Stav at #4, Glotz at #5 this week.

Stepping back and looking at a slightly bigger picture, what FBR is really saying is that DT South, Solar Stav, DT Glotz, and Fever Red are all pretty close to one another and I wouldn't be surprised to see positions swap on a weekly basis in the near term. There is a big gap between FCD Premier and these teams, and a smaller gap, but a gap nonetheless, between these teams and TFC Elite/Solar Dynamo at #7/8.

With that said, if I was putting out an opinion poll, I would probably have dropped Stav at least a couple of spots lower based on the past couple of weekends. That is why I have always said that it is valuable to have the human polls in addition to the computer polls like FBR and Power Rankings.

Hope this helps explain things a bit.

Fun day on the forum. Need to get more actual work done.

You gave 3 options to incorporate the human polls. Roid Rage, AP Pollster, and now wxyz seem to be posting weekly polls now. No one in the 02's voluteered to take over the power rankings, and I don't have time either. Can you go ahead and average these polls somehow, to incorporate them with the FBR for the averaged BCS rankings? Are these 3 polls enough information to work them in some how?

soccerdad19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AP Pollster 30/03/11, 04:59 pm

Bwgophers, while you are at it you should go ahead and throw SRSA 03 in the poll since half their team is 02's anyway lol! sorry, but I couldn't help it

DoubleDD where are you! We need you to kill this thread......or add to it!
AP Pollster
AP Pollster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad19 30/03/11, 05:02 pm

AP Pollster wrote:Bwgophers, while you are at it you should go ahead and throw SRSA 03 in the poll since half their team is 02's anyway lol! sorry, but I couldn't help it

Yes, always love to see the AP Pollster avatar.

soccerdad19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/11, 05:11 pm

soccerdad19 wrote:
AP Pollster wrote:Bwgophers, while you are at it you should go ahead and throw SRSA 03 in the poll since half their team is 02's anyway lol! sorry, but I couldn't help it

I heard somewhere that AP's avatar is an old picture of him and that he now looks much different after his recent breast reduction surgery! He says his back pain has magically disappeared as well! Suspect Shocked affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by AP Pollster 30/03/11, 05:14 pm

I am sexy, I can tell you that much.
AP Pollster
AP Pollster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad19 30/03/11, 05:17 pm

bwgophers wrote:
soccerdad19 wrote:

I heard somewhere that AP's avatar is an old picture of him and that he now looks much different after his recent breast reduction surgery! He says his back pain has magically disappeared as well! Suspect Shocked affraid

Is Bill Murray looking at AP's avatar?

soccerdad19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/11, 05:24 pm

soccerdad19 wrote:

You gave 3 options to incorporate the human polls. Roid Rage, AP Pollster, and now wxyz seem to be posting weekly polls now. No one in the 02's voluteered to take over the power rankings, and I don't have time either. Can you go ahead and average these polls somehow, to incorporate them with the FBR for the averaged BCS rankings? Are these 3 polls enough information to work them in some how?

O.K. I'll throw together an '02 BCS tonight. I'll simply take RR, AP, & wxyz polls and average them similar to how it's done in the '01's (20 pts for #1, 19 pts for #2, etc... down to 1 pt for #20).

For consistency sake, I'll also throw Rowdies '02 back into the FBR since it seems that FBR has reasonable agreement with the pollsters on Rowdies.

I'll then weight the FBR and average human poll 50/50 to get the BCS. The averaging and final BCS calculation will be based on the ranking points from each poll, not the actual rank in each poll (same method used for '01 BCS - and the "real" BCS for that matter).

For BCS, I'm only going to publish a top 20, since anything below that will really just be a rehash of the FBR.

If you don't like this, scream now or forever hold your peace...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/11, 05:26 pm

soccerdad19 wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
soccerdad19 wrote:

Is Bill Murray looking at AP's avatar?

Ohhhh AaaaaPeeeee, I'm looking at you... you're a little monkey woman you are... you're lean, you're mean, and you're not to far between either...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZx4-LSG-eI

Last edited by bwgophers on 30/03/11, 05:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad19 30/03/11, 05:29 pm

bwgophers wrote:
soccerdad19 wrote:

O.K. I'll throw together an '02 BCS tonight. I'll simply take RR, AP, & wxyz polls and average them similar to how it's done in the '01's (20 pts for #1, 19 pts for #2, etc... down to 1 pt for #20).

For consistency sake, I'll also throw Rowdies '02 back into the FBR since it seems that FBR has reasonable agreement with the pollsters on Rowdies.

I'll then weight the FBR and average human poll 50/50 to get the BCS. The averaging and final BCS calculation will be based on the ranking points from each poll, not the actual rank in each poll (same method used for '01 BCS - and the "real" BCS for that matter).

For BCS, I'm only going to publish a top 20, since anything below that will really just be a rehash of the FBR.

If you don't like this, scream now or forever hold your peace...

Sounds good to me. Thank you again for using your 01 work to help the 02's.

soccerdad19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AP Pollster 30/03/11, 05:33 pm

THANK YOU Gophers
AP Pollster
AP Pollster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/11, 05:34 pm

AP Pollster wrote:THANK YOU Gophers

For doing the BCS, for watching you, or both??? Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by AP Pollster 30/03/11, 06:13 pm

bwgophers wrote:
AP Pollster wrote:THANK YOU Gophers

For doing the BCS, for watching you, or both??? Twisted Evil

Both, of course
AP Pollster
AP Pollster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by COMESEEME 30/03/11, 08:14 pm

soccermom4* wrote:I have seen it too...and they are used in more than just SDL games. They are used in PrimeTime games as well.
COMESEEME
COMESEEME
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/11, 08:27 pm

COMESEEME wrote:
soccermom4* wrote:I have seen it too...and they are used in more than just SDL games. They are used in PrimeTime games as well.

Are you Chris Hansen "COMESEEME"?

'02 FBR Rankings - Week 6 - Page 3 To-catch-a-predator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next