North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Dallas Texans 02 Glotz - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

Dallas Texans 02 Glotz

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Dallas Texans 02 Glotz - Page 3 Empty Re: Dallas Texans 02 Glotz

Post by conspiracytheorist 06/09/11, 06:46 pm

I heard from an SRSA parent who is friends with a FCD Grubb parent who lives next door to a D'Feeters parent who's DD goes to school with a Fever DD who is cousins with a Sting DD who's Dad was sitting at the table next to RH and JG at Buffalo Wild Wings on 75 in Plano on Saturday evening and overheard them hatching up the whole plan for Sunday morning and beyond.

RH was intentionally going to sit his bench the entire game in order to anger the parents and get them to leave the team. Meanwhile JG was going to do some head scratching substitutions during crunch time that he know would enrage his parents. The ensuing post-game parental tongue lashing would give JG the opportunity to resign allowing RH to swoop in to the vaccuum and swipe up the top 4 or 5 Glotz players who never would've left Glotz to join a Rowdies team under normal circumstances. Of course RH has 4-5 slots open on his team because he p.o.'ed the parents of the bench kids. The combined team vaults to the top of the '02's and makes RH a hero once again at Texans. My source told me that JG wasn't exactly thrilled by this but RH is his boss, and offered JG use of his parking spot at Ross Stewart for the next 6 months. It was an offer JG couldn't refuse.

conspiracytheorist
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by skynet 06/09/11, 07:03 pm

Babba Boey
skynet
skynet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Noob 06/09/11, 07:40 pm

springzephyr wrote:If IF is available?

Actually, IF was removed from his 00 team last week.

Noob
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 06/09/11, 07:49 pm

I find this whole thread (along with many others) quite entertaining and a little disturbing all at once. I realize that many want their teams to be recognized and do so for a variety of reasons. That's understood and there's some appreciation for that.

But my goodness. We're talking about 8 and 9 year olds.
Really? Do slot of these threads concern anyone else? Good reporting and some banter is fine, but we're talking 3rd or 4th graders....

Disheartening.

I think it would do many parents well to take a step back and re-evaluate with healthier perspective.

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer9987 06/09/11, 09:36 pm

TBGsoccer wrote:if this is true it will be good for the team I feel the girls were not being pushed to their max. potential. just my opinion.

I read this forum from time to time but felt the need to register to respond to what I think is an unfair comment towered glotz. I find it interesting that this poster states the girls were not being pushed to their potential at the same time he is posting in another thread that he is starting another 02 girls team. Sounds like he may be bitter if he has a dd on the team or just looking to be an opportunist and stir the pot.

I am curious what he feels the potential of this team really is? They have recently took Webb to Pk's in two championship games and just pushed high to the limit. This team is a great team. I do not know of any superstars that the top teams are dying to get but they are a great unit together. They play the right way.

It is really a sad state of affairs when over the top parents think winning one game is going to change their life. If you ask anyone that has older kids in sports nobody cares who was number 1 when they were 9 yrs old.

Worrying about ECNL is also rediculous at this age but that happens as well.

You do remember if you kids enjoyed the sport, the girls and the coach. I fear a really great group of girls are going to miss a coach they really love because of a few parents that think this is life changing. A number of the kids will not even be playing soccer in middle school due to other activities, etc.

I wish the girls well and am glad that I am past the academy age. I had forgotten how crazy people get.

Sounds like some of the parents need to take a close look at their priorities. 9 yr old soccer should not be at the top.

Soccer9987
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeisgoodtoday 06/09/11, 10:30 pm

All of you people faulting Glotz's parents when you are not in their shoes is ridiculous. To have your child play their heart out to be manipulated by big red machine politics, yes at the age of 9, is insane. Have you not thought about it from a devil's advocate point of view? Why would DT manipulate 9 year old soccer that way??

There is so much focus on the parents not realizing their kids are young, but do you think these 9 year old don't get it themselves? Please, they do. Not all of them do, but the true warriors that have been around for a while do. DT4L, you are NOT one of those. You may have older kids on other teams, etc, etc, as we all have to hear about over and over and over, but you yourself have taken your kid on and off our team. Yes, we know who you are coming on here and saying you would follow him anywhere. Please, you come back and forth as you please and you know it. Take that double talk some place else.

We don't really blame Glotz in the end. He is a puppet and a victim (but on a paycheck) of the big red machine. He had to do it. I can empathize with him on that front. But to all you haters out there saying all of the Glotz parents are ridiculous, well most of you are right there with us then, as you are frequent posters, readers, etc. If you didn't care so much about 9 year old soccer then why are you so informed on how we should feel and so up to speed on everything and have 100+ posts to your name? If you have 100+ posts to your screen name (especially related to ACADEMY soccer teams), then I would claim you are over zealous, too. Red Koolaid tastes a little sour to me and overpriced at this very moment.

lifeisgoodtoday
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer9987 06/09/11, 10:54 pm

So I am assuming that you had a dd on the glotz team. I said had because it does not sound as if you will allow your daughter to continue to play for and be manipulated by the big red machine. Laughing I know that if that were true as you say then getting a new coach does not appear to improve your circumstances and in that case I would feel sorry for the girls as well.

Your post makes it appear that you have two different factions on the team and that is a shame that a top 5 team will be dismantled the year before qualifying but as someone posted earlier it happens every year.

I am sure higg, Webb, grubb and others are very happy to hear this team appears to be imploding. It is definately not boring anymore.

Soccer9987
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/09/11, 11:16 pm

Mega Man02 wrote:The Ex.Glotz team will stay together. If they do decide to leave it will be as a team. And a recap, all I know is the parents were not happy with the OverTime subs that were made. And from what i saw Higgs never made a sub, his core girls were in the game to win it.

Are they taking the subs with them?

Thats why my DD team doesnt have any subs cause they cause to much drama. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeisgoodtoday 06/09/11, 11:23 pm

LOL, 1v1 Phenom!! Touché and greatness. I needed a good laugh tonight. Excellent play!

lifeisgoodtoday
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Texdad 07/09/11, 12:29 am

lifeisgoodtoday wrote:All of you people faulting Glotz's parents when you are not in their shoes is ridiculous. To have your child play their heart out to be manipulated by big red machine politics, yes at the age of 9, is insane. Have you not thought about it from a devil's advocate point of view? Why would DT manipulate 9 year old soccer that way??

There is so much focus on the parents not realizing their kids are young, but do you think these 9 year old don't get it themselves? Please, they do. Not all of them do, but the true warriors that have been around for a while do. DT4L, you are NOT one of those. You may have older kids on other teams, etc, etc, as we all have to hear about over and over and over, but you yourself have taken your kid on and off our team. Yes, we know who you are coming on here and saying you would follow him anywhere. Please, you come back and forth as you please and you know it. Take that double talk some place else.

We don't really blame Glotz in the end. He is a puppet and a victim (but on a paycheck) of the big red machine. He had to do it. I can empathize with him on that front. But to all you haters out there saying all of the Glotz parents are ridiculous, well most of you are right there with us then, as you are frequent posters, readers, etc. If you didn't care so much about 9 year old soccer then why are you so informed on how we should feel and so up to speed on everything and have 100+ posts to your name? If you have 100+ posts to your screen name (especially related to ACADEMY soccer teams), then I would claim you are over zealous, too. Red Koolaid tastes a little sour to me and overpriced at this very moment.

cheers
You are exactly right. There is nothing more sickening than people coming on here, acting like they are the ultimate soccer parent and calling everyone else idiots.

I wouldn't want my child to have to deal with all of the politics of the club either.
And if I hear one more lecture from some "know it all" that has to remind us how our age group is so unimportant, I will throw up in my mouth. We get it, we get it. U11's look down on U9's. U13's look down on U11's, etc., The truth is that the most important age in soccer is the one your child is right now. There is no guarantee of a tomorrow for any of us. Enjoy the highs, the lows, the fun, and even the ridiculous things you see. Live in the moment and do what's best for your child.

If you read between the lines you can see what everyone really means.
Here are the translations for some frequent comments:
1. "Rankings are stupid". Translation: "I don't like rankings because my kids team isn't in the top 10."
2. "Winning shouldn't matter, it should be about development". Translation: "My kid's team doesn't win much"
3. "North Texas Select Soccer is broken". Translation: "My kid isn't developing properly, so it couldn't possibly be my fault as the parent. It must be the systems fault"
4. "My kids coach is all about development, he doesn't care about winning" Translation: You are gullible and naive. If your coach finds 3 stud forwards, he will take them in a heartbeat and win every game he can. He will still work on developing players at practice just like every other coach does.
5. "Subs should play an equal amount". Translation: "My kid is a sub".
6. "That kid is going to get burned out". Translation: "My kid would burn out quickly if I pushed em that hard because my kid might not have the passion.
7. "Soccer parents are the worst". Translation: "My kids have never played football or any other select sports".
8. "That team wins but they play kickball". Translation: "I can't believe they kicked our a** again.
9. "The game was closer than the score indicates". Translation: "I'm embarassed about how bad we got beat".
10. "Some of the kids that are superstars now, will not be superstars when they are 15. Translation: "I hope to hell my kid can turn things around by the time they are 15.
11. "That is an overinvolved parent". Translation: "That parent is way more comitted than I am. Soccer practice is disrupting my drinking time.
12. "There are a lot of soccer idiots on here". Translation: "I think I am smarter than everyone else"

Deep down, everyone wants to win (and develop at the same time), whether they admit or not. I can promise that everyone on this board has been on the sidelines jumping up and down and cheering for your team as they try and get a game winning goal.
There are a few people that absolutely don't care about winning, but those parents don't have their kid playing SDL or Primetime and they probably aren't on this forum.
Glotz parents shouldn't feel bad about doing what they think they need to do. Once they go select they will no longer have that freedom. Ignore the hypocrites.

Texdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 07/09/11, 01:37 am

Let me make this whole situation real for everyone. I have never hid who I am or what team I'm affliated and I wasn't even really sure I wanted to post anything about this situation and just add to the drama, but let me tell you I learned tonight that this is real to a little 10 year old girl and not just some forum drama!

First off, I'm not sure if I'm mad at Glotz, or the Texans, or the parent drama including myself....maybe its all the above! I think what Glotz did this weekend was wrong and obvious...I'm not sure why he would do it but it happened and I told him I wasn't happy. Everyone that wasnt at the game doesn't know. Don't act like its just 9 yr old soccer and our kids don't care because they do care. They knew it was a big game, they talked about it and I'm sure heard the parents talk about it. You should of seen the girls when they scored the go ahead goal...they were going crazy...it wasn't just the normal reaction...they knew what they were accomplishing. And Glotzbach didn't seem to want to give them every chance at that victory. I'm still not sure why?

Now to the part that really made it hit home. I told my dd tonight that Coach Glotzbach was quiting and guess what her response was? Is it because we didn't beat the Rowdies? Now do you think she knew it was a big game? Then she started crying and tried to hide the fact she was crying. If anyone knows my dd she doesn't cry...she is the "Stone Cold Goalie" no emotion! Then she blamed herself and said if I just hadn't let that last goal in! At this point I'm getting upset and pissed at the same time. Why is my dd blaming herself for a coach leaving? She obviously loves this coach and he was always great with them. This is testament to how good of a coach he was...the girls love him!! I tried to tell her it was just a coaching change and it always happens. She cried herself to sleep tonight. She doesn't want to lose her coach or her friends! But, I am having a hard time justifying leaving her with the Texans if this is how its run! But, I don't want to add to my dd's emotions by taking her away from her friends also! I'm at a crossroads with no good outcome for my dd.

The new plan is for the both Higgabothams(Rowdies) and Bennett(ex Glotz) to practice together as one unit with 2 coaches. I assume this fall season the teams will stay seperate for game purposes. Then I assume they will make a super team and a "b" team. I also assume when this happens there will be upset parents that will take their dd's elsewhere and then the 2nd team will most likely implode again and this whole drama scene will start all over again. So basically if we stay we will be kicking the can down the road and putting off the inevitable! Of course if your dd makes the top team everything will be fine until playing time issues arise. I'm just not sure if I want to go thru the drama again in a couple of months right before signing contract time and have to scramble to find a team at the last moment because my dd didn't make the "A" team and most girls that made the "b" teams decided to go find greener pastures. This is the senario I'm afraid of happening!

What do I do? I have a good team that wants my dd. But, my dd and our family also have very good friends that we will miss dearly! This whole situation sucks!

mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeisgoodtoday 07/09/11, 04:23 am

Yes, Mickey it does suck. The reason for my post as well. These kids do care. The even crazier thing? My DD didn't even get the opportunity to find out from her father and me. That is how insane this is. A child not even on her team told her. My DD is in tears and asked the same question---is it because we lost on Sunday? We all want this team of talented, athletic, and sweet-hearted girls to stay together. The next question we got was do I get to stay with my friends? Well, guess what, today I assume she does, but Texans clearly have had this plan to strip from our team, which is fine if that is is their plan, but we asked and were told under no circumstances was this the plan. We were told they would be fine having two top teams in the same age group and if on any given day the "B" could beat "A" they would be fine with that. This is clearly not the case. It was blatant during Sunday's game. Now they have what they want. They are practicing both teams together and will pick off and build one top team. I believe in my DD and her ability, but to stay with an organization that can't be transparent when a group of parents ask them point blank what your plan is and then within one month show the exact opposite? Now we get a bigger name coach, another parent meeting, and now we will get the truth as to the go forward plan?

lifeisgoodtoday
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mega Man02 07/09/11, 06:56 am

There is no way the Texans can have Two Top Teams. I really haven't done my research, but has any club had two top teams in the same age group. Point being when that occurs do they not pick from the 2nd team. Clearly the parents were lied too during their meeting. Money is the root of all evil. The Texans are telling the parents what they want to hear. But behind close doors its different. Glotz had a group of girls that really wanted to win that game. Ya maybe the parents did hype them up a little. But who wouldn't! If you ever played sports then you know the feeling. If you haven't ever had that rush its like nothing else. And to say these girls didn't have that rush is a lie. They wanted that game bad. To see all their faces after the game was heart breaking. But what was even worse was the news that glotz threw the game. I dont know if he did or didn't. But I know he was put in a game that he knew he could win but maybe his boss had a different idea. We will never know. Now from what Mick says the team will be put into a pool practice. Now do you really think the Higg girls are safe. No way. The Texans are about to caring out their plan for a Real Top Team. Hope all the DD do their best. Beacuse its going to be a big F-ing mess when its all said and done. bom
Mega Man02
Mega Man02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/09/11, 08:07 am

mcik17 wrote:Let me make this whole situation real for everyone. I have never hid who I am or what team I'm affliated and I wasn't even really sure I wanted to post anything about this situation and just add to the drama, but let me tell you I learned tonight that this is real to a little 10 year old girl and not just some forum drama!

First off, I'm not sure if I'm mad at Glotz, or the Texans, or the parent drama including myself....maybe its all the above! I think what Glotz did this weekend was wrong and obvious...I'm not sure why he would do it but it happened and I told him I wasn't happy. Everyone that wasnt at the game doesn't know. Don't act like its just 9 yr old soccer and our kids don't care because they do care. They knew it was a big game, they talked about it and I'm sure heard the parents talk about it. You should of seen the girls when they scored the go ahead goal...they were going crazy...it wasn't just the normal reaction...they knew what they were accomplishing. And Glotzbach didn't seem to want to give them every chance at that victory. I'm still not sure why?

Now to the part that really made it hit home. I told my dd tonight that Coach Glotzbach was quiting and guess what her response was? Is it because we didn't beat the Rowdies? Now do you think she knew it was a big game? Then she started crying and tried to hide the fact she was crying. If anyone knows my dd she doesn't cry...she is the "Stone Cold Goalie" no emotion! Then she blamed herself and said if I just hadn't let that last goal in! At this point I'm getting upset and pissed at the same time. Why is my dd blaming herself for a coach leaving? She obviously loves this coach and he was always great with them. This is testament to how good of a coach he was...the girls love him!! I tried to tell her it was just a coaching change and it always happens. She cried herself to sleep tonight. She doesn't want to lose her coach or her friends! But, I am having a hard time justifying leaving her with the Texans if this is how its run! But, I don't want to add to my dd's emotions by taking her away from her friends also! I'm at a crossroads with no good outcome for my dd.

The new plan is for the both Higgabothams(Rowdies) and Bennett(ex Glotz) to practice together as one unit with 2 coaches. I assume this fall season the teams will stay seperate for game purposes. Then I assume they will make a super team and a "b" team. I also assume when this happens there will be upset parents that will take their dd's elsewhere and then the 2nd team will most likely implode again and this whole drama scene will start all over again. So basically if we stay we will be kicking the can down the road and putting off the inevitable! Of course if your dd makes the top team everything will be fine until playing time issues arise. I'm just not sure if I want to go thru the drama again in a couple of months right before signing contract time and have to scramble to find a team at the last moment because my dd didn't make the "A" team and most girls that made the "b" teams decided to go find greener pastures. This is the senario I'm afraid of happening!

What do I do? I have a good team that wants my dd. But, my dd and our family also have very good friends that we will miss dearly! This whole situation sucks!

It does suck...so sorry your dd is an innocent victim in this mess. They just want to play!!!! Best of luck. Do what makes your daughter happy is what I say. The rest will work out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/09/11, 08:14 am

Mega Man02 wrote:There is no way the Texans can have Two Top Teams. I really haven't done my research, but has any club had two top teams in the same age group. Point being when that occurs do they not pick from the 2nd team. Clearly the parents were lied too during their meeting. Money is the root of all evil. The Texans are telling the parents what they want to hear. But behind close doors its different. Glotz had a group of girls that really wanted to win that game. Ya maybe the parents did hype them up a little. But who wouldn't! If you ever played sports then you know the feeling. If you haven't ever had that rush its like nothing else. And to say these girls didn't have that rush is a lie. They wanted that game bad. To see all their faces after the game was heart breaking. But what was even worse was the news that glotz threw the game. I dont know if he did or didn't. But I know he was put in a game that he knew he could win but maybe his boss had a different idea. We will never know. Now from what Mick says the team will be put into a pool practice. Now do you really think the Higg girls are safe. No way. The Texans are about to caring out their plan for a Real Top Team. Hope all the DD do their best. Beacuse its going to be a big F-ing mess when its all said and done. bom

MegaMan02, I agree with you statement 100%.If you look at the Next Level, Select (http://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?EventID=19335) you will find that Sting and Solar have a number of top teams and not just one "Super Group" like the Texans. Best you parents find out how this works before you sign the contract and are stuck with a bill of goods that you will not be happy with for an entire season.

You want to make sure that the club will be behind all the teams equally. My question is how come these two teams get to go into a combined practice? This should be an issue with South, Vigil and Rangle. Are those kids not worthy of a combined practice with the great RH or TB? Shady Real Shady if you ask me.

I hear Stav may be looking for a Team.

HardTruth

Last edited by hardtruthsoldier123 on 07/09/11, 08:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding agreement with statement)

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 07/09/11, 09:38 am

Why can't the adults (coaches and parents) get out of the way and just let these kids play.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/09/11, 09:50 am

oldboot wrote:Why can't the adults (coaches and parents) get out of the way and just let these kids play.

Answer: $

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 07/09/11, 10:06 am

bwgophers wrote:
oldboot wrote:Why can't the adults (coaches and parents) get out of the way and just let these kids play.

Answer: $ and Dallas Texans 02 Glotz - Page 3 Crazy%20smiley

fyp
Gunners
Gunners
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 07/09/11, 10:14 am

How does alienating the families of a successful team result in more money? Seems like the prosepct of a club that will allow multiple "successful" teams at the same age level would only encourage more participation by more families, which translates into more money. I must be missing something - is there a potential Nike contract or some other revenue source that is more lucrative?
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer 07/09/11, 10:23 am

oldboot wrote:How does alienating the families of a successful team result in more money? Seems like the prosepct of a club that will allow multiple "successful" teams at the same age level would only encourage more participation by more families, which translates into more money. I must be missing something - is there a potential Nike contract or some other revenue source that is more lucrative?

In the case of the Texans, success is $, but it also fielding a National Championship level team at each age group.

The last few years, their younger teams have not been as dominant (1st or 2nd)as the past.

Seems like a change to the model at the younger ages to be able to build a dominant top team as in the past. It remains to be seen if the pooling approach will work.

Nothing sinister in this as it is just adjusting to changing business conditions.

Old Timer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/09/11, 10:45 am

oldboot wrote:How does alienating the families of a successful team result in more money? Seems like the prosepct of a club that will allow multiple "successful" teams at the same age level would only encourage more participation by more families, which translates into more money. I must be missing something - is there a potential Nike contract or some other revenue source that is more lucrative?

That was not your question. Your question is why can't coaches and parents get out of the way and just let kids play. The simple answer to that question is $.

The more $ parents have to pay for their kids to play, the more they will expect to get for the $ that they are paying. Especially because the amount of $ we are now talking about is significant. $ for academy fees, $ for league fees, $ for tournaments, $ for private lessons, etc...

When more $ is involved, people get more emotional when they don't feel that they are getting what they are paying for. Simple case study in human nature.

On the other side, clubs and coaches know that $ are directly tied to success, which is either tied to W's and L's (How many teams in Lake Highlands, ECNL, how many "National" Championships, etc...) or how many D1 scholarships they've gotten for their players (again $).

Bottom line... in rec leagues costing $100 per season with volunteer head coaches and rosters that get shuffled every season, you'd see the coaches and parents just letting the kids play.

Caveat emptor...

Back to top Go down

Post by goalgetter 07/09/11, 11:14 am

[quote="mcik17"]Let me make this whole situation real for everyone. I have never hid who I am or what team I'm affliated and I wasn't even really sure I wanted to post anything about this situation and just add to the drama, but let me tell you I learned tonight that this is real to a little 10 year old girl and not just some forum drama!

What do I do? I have a good team that wants my dd. But, my dd and our family also have very good friends tha

Last edited by goalgetter on 18/04/12, 06:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
goalgetter
goalgetter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfans4u 07/09/11, 11:39 am

Just curious. Why hasn't this happened in the 01 age group? They (Texans) have several teams in the "Top 10". Just curious why they skipped 01's and went into meddling in the 02's (especially after Glotz 01's didn't make D1). Question
soccerfans4u
soccerfans4u
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 07/09/11, 11:46 am

[quote="goalgetter"]
mcik17 wrote:Let me make this whole situation real for everyone. I have never hid who I am or what team I'm affliated and I wasn't even really sure I wanted to post anything about this situation and just add to the drama, but let me tell you I learned tonight that this is real to a little 10 year old girl and not just some forum drama!

Hell yeah it sucks! The Texans don't care about this team. All they want are numbers to chose from to add to their all mighty Rowdies/Texans team. They want to play the parents like fools keep em coming out and make em feel that the team is just as important. When all they really want is to develop 3 to 5 girls to add to Higgs team. That is really not a bad plan, but when the parents are being told one thing and then the club does the total opposite it let's you know that the only thing being looked out for is the Club and not the DD's that put in all the hard work. I'm not bitter about the Higg team I will be the first to say that my DD is not on that level YET!! Just tired of everybody worrying about what the Higg team is doing?? Who cares what they are doing.....the only concern here should be Glotz team. This team is a really good team and has closed the gap significantly. No need to mix up the teams. This team is a team that don't depend on just 2 or 3 studs, every DD on the team brings something special to the team from top to bottom. And the chemistry that they have built up is impressive. I would hate to see all this hard work go to waste over some clubs greed....this team has the potential to be the top team in 02's. Just don't get why some people are so ready to jump ship... not saying you are Mcik I know you are very committed to your dd and the team. If the parents are really sincere about keeping this team in tact then in my little opinion I think the best thing going foward would be to take the team as a whole to another club. This would take the team out from under the shadows of the Higg team and really allow the team to compete to their max potential. Their is something to be said about buiding it, develop it, and earning it. This team is right there on the doorstep pounding in the door. I don't know I'm just saying........K Medina and camp looking pretty good at Sting!!!!
NEWSFLASH parents----YOU are the CUSTOMERS , they (Ryan, Jason, Tim, Hassien) work for you, you pay them!!!!! If you are not happy keep your solid team together and find a club that will treat you right. No one want to see a good TExans team leave -but if you all are this fed up-ban together and leave or threathen to until you get what you want. [/quote]

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/09/11, 12:01 pm

soccerfans4u wrote:Just curious. Why hasn't this happened in the 01 age group? They (Texans) have several teams in the "Top 10". Just curious why they skipped 01's and went into meddling in the 02's (especially after Glotz 01's didn't make D1). Question

Your statement about Texans having "several teams in the Top 10" for the '01's is not exactly true. For all of U9 and U10, Texans only had 1 top 10 team, which was DM's Rowdies '01 team that was transferred over to IF in the Fall of U10.

Glotz '01 was never considered higher than about top 15 at any time during U9 or U10.

The three other '01 teams that Texans placed in Lake Highlands D1 all were "Johnny come lately's" that came to Texans in whole from different clubs:

Texans '01G North (R. Hollis) - Was Solar Gold '01. Moved to Texans in Jan., 2011. Spent all of U10 in the 17-22 range.

Texans '01G North Red (J. Hollis) - Was Solar Blue '01. Moved to Texans in May 2011. Considered 8-12 for most of U10.

Texans Ft. Worth '01G (Silva) - Was Ft. Worth United '01. Moved to Texans in May 2011. Considered 12-15 for most of U10.

The core of all 3 of these teams was well established before moving to Texans and the teams all moved to Texans essentially in tact.

Also, are located in different geographic divisions of the club from the main Dallas division (2 out of Texans North in Plano, and 1 out of Texans Ft. Worth).

So, in the main Dallas division, where the #1 Texans team always resides, you never had another '01 Texans team that could've been considered a challenger to Farley's status as the top '01 Texans team.

While all three of the other Texans '01 teams are doing well this summer and fall, I still don't think there is any question that Farley is still the #1 '01 girls team for the club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest1000 07/09/11, 12:02 pm

[quote="happygilmore"]
goalgetter wrote:

Hell yeah it sucks! The Texans don't care about this team. All they want are numbers to chose from to add to their all mighty Rowdies/Texans team. They want to play the parents like fools keep em coming out and make em feel that the team is just as important. When all they really want is to develop 3 to 5 girls to add to Higgs team. That is really not a bad plan, but when the parents are being told one thing and then the club does the total opposite it let's you know that the only thing being looked out for is the Club and not the DD's that put in all the hard work. I'm not bitter about the Higg team I will be the first to say that my DD is not on that level YET!! Just tired of everybody worrying about what the Higg team is doing?? Who cares what they are doing.....the only concern here should be Glotz team. This team is a really good team and has closed the gap significantly. No need to mix up the teams. This team is a team that don't depend on just 2 or 3 studs, every DD on the team brings something special to the team from top to bottom. And the chemistry that they have built up is impressive. I would hate to see all this hard work go to waste over some clubs greed....this team has the potential to be the top team in 02's. Just don't get why some people are so ready to jump ship... not saying you are Mcik I know you are very committed to your dd and the team. If the parents are really sincere about keeping this team in tact then in my little opinion I think the best thing going foward would be to take the team as a whole to another club. This would take the team out from under the shadows of the Higg team and really allow the team to compete to their max potential. Their is something to be said about buiding it, develop it, and earning it. This team is right there on the doorstep pounding in the door. I don't know I'm just saying........K Medina and camp looking pretty good at Sting!!!!
NEWSFLASH parents----YOU are the CUSTOMERS , they (Ryan, Jason, Tim, Hassien) work for you, you pay them!!!!! If you are not happy keep your solid team together and find a club that will treat you right. No one want to see a good TExans team leave -but if you all are this fed up-ban together and leave or threathen to until you get what you want. [/quote]

This TEAM would never survive moving to another team cuz there is a big capital selfish "I" in the middle of this parent te"I"am. I wonder how the bench player parents feel about this??

Guest1000
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next