North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Powerade Fab 50 Rankings - Page 9 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

Powerade Fab 50 Rankings

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Powerade Fab 50 Rankings - Page 9 Empty Re: Powerade Fab 50 Rankings

Post by John Galt 30/03/12, 02:57 pm

Ferris wrote:
1st 2theball wrote:Apparently, SLC is just better @ everything....how unfortuate for the rest of us Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
I don't think SLC is better @ everything. BUT, history and their successes in multiple/most sports at the state level for 10+ years now tell me 2 things: 1) they have kids with talent that have performed well when it counts, and 2) they have many coaches, parents and administrators that consistently figure out a way to use every available means to slant the playing field to their advantage...(some means more ethical than others).

I don't mean that to be offensive, but I'm also not sure I always think the ends justify the means in every case. Also, like I said earlier, I think some of the whispers of rule stretching/bending results from legitimate jealousy of their successes by other schools/parents in the metroplex (me included Smile ).

I disagree. What Caroll has going for it is, most of the parents are very successful at their professions they set high expectations for their offspring and make sure the kids have the tools they need to increase their chances for success. It's Really No Diffrent than Highland Park. The formula works every where its tried.

John Galt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferris 30/03/12, 02:57 pm

John Galt wrote:
Ferris wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:Got word that Fossil Ridge won't play. Carroll gets first seed and the weekend off.
Another interesting thought about this choice by the FR coach. I can understand wanting to avoid injury, however, I think this sends a potentially bad message/vote of no confidence to his girls. His choice basically says he believes his previous win against Carroll was a fluke and his chance of winning again is less than 50% (coin flip). While a bad message, I think that may in fact be truth...so we're probably where we would be after an extra game anyway.

No Its Carroll who doesn't want to flip the coin.
RIGHT!!! Carroll wants to play because they believe their chances of winning that game are better than 50% (and I agree). Your comment illustrated my point perfectly. The team that wants to play (doesn't want to flip) is confident of winning. The team that wants to flip (rather than play),eh...not so much. Rather, FR appears to have been hoping for the soccer gods to smile upon them and their pick of the flip. Smile
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferris 30/03/12, 03:07 pm

John Galt wrote:
Ferris wrote:
1st 2theball wrote:Apparently, SLC is just better @ everything....how unfortuate for the rest of us Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
I don't think SLC is better @ everything. BUT, history and their successes in multiple/most sports at the state level for 10+ years now tell me 2 things: 1) they have kids with talent that have performed well when it counts, and 2) they have many coaches, parents and administrators that consistently figure out a way to use every available means to slant the playing field to their advantage...(some means more ethical than others).

I don't mean that to be offensive, but I'm also not sure I always think the ends justify the means in every case. Also, like I said earlier, I think some of the whispers of rule stretching/bending results from legitimate jealousy of their successes by other schools/parents in the metroplex (me included Smile ).

I disagree. What Caroll has going for it is, most of the parents are very successful at their professions they set high expectations for their offspring and make sure the kids have the tools they need to increase their chances for success. It's Really No Diffrent than Highland Park. The formula works every where its tried.
I don't entirely disagree with you as I have seen it work around the country in most affluent situations as well. You make some solid points. That's why I didn't say it was ALL coaches, parents, & administrators or that their many successes were purely a result of any of that. I do think it comes into play though. Successful professionals figure out a way to win (within the rules of the game) as well as pushing themselves and their offspring to excel.

Unfortunately, one can't help but hear the whispers from time-to-time though (whether it's Carroll or Highland Park or any other successful athletic school across the country). I didn't say there was any truth to any of the whispers/complaints (I frankly don't have enough information to know)...just that it's uncanny how (in this case) Carroll has once again come out on top of an administrative situation that ultimately works to their favor.
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by u95g dad 30/03/12, 03:08 pm

Ferris wrote:
John Galt wrote:
Ferris wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:Got word that Fossil Ridge won't play. Carroll gets first seed and the weekend off.
Another interesting thought about this choice by the FR coach. I can understand wanting to avoid injury, however, I think this sends a potentially bad message/vote of no confidence to his girls. His choice basically says he believes his previous win against Carroll was a fluke and his chance of winning again is less than 50% (coin flip). While a bad message, I think that may in fact be truth...so we're probably where we would be after an extra game anyway.

RIGHT!!! Carroll wants to play because they believe their chances of winning that game are better than 50% (and I agree). Your comment illustrated my point perfectly. The team that wants to play (doesn't want to flip) is confident of winning. The team that wants to flip (rather than play),eh...not so much. Rather, FR appears to have been hoping for the soccer gods to smile upon them and their pick of the flip. Smile

Although I am a Carroll fan, I don't think Ridge was afraid to pay Carroll. They have given us everything we could handle in both our games with them and the results were just. They seem to match up well with us and come to play every time they meet.

While the Ridge coach would have rather flipped a coin than play the game, I think it was more because of possible injury, players already injured/out, select conflicts etc. Once the coin flip was not agreed to by both teams, it came down to a game. Apparently the Ridge coach decided to take the perceived harder route with a rested team than to try for the chance of the perceived easier route with a tired (and possibly injured) team.
u95g dad
u95g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 30/03/12, 03:13 pm

1st 2theball wrote:LOL..

No need to side either way...Unc's opinion always right truly isn't all that important to me. Wasn't trying to "explain" definition of overall goal differential..Good because I don't think you can...should have just said "overall goals scored"...maybe that would have helped Unc out...LOL Who said anything about about overall goals scored?Apparently, SLC is just better @ everything....how unfortuate for the rest of us Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Whiner's lament
Sad situation it is...simply put, Ridge should have ended this by beating Keller Not only didn't beat but got smoked .....then Unc could shove his tiebreaker whining..My tiebreaker whining? All I ask is that 7-5A use the same tiebreakers as all the rest of the soccer world
...they didn't do that...oh well. We swept Coppell and beat SLC @ home and SLC beat you at home....I'll take that any day of the week Smile I know my preference (and the girls) would be to fight for the seeding...I can however, see the coach's point...Ridge just isn't a very deep team and I would hate to see an injury happen.

On to the playoffs....good luck and health to everyone.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by u95g dad 30/03/12, 03:26 pm

Are there any other teams in the playoffs besides Carroll and Ridge?

Lets hear about some of the other matchups or maybe start another thread?
u95g dad
u95g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by John Galt 30/03/12, 03:28 pm

Ferris wrote:
John Galt wrote:
Ferris wrote:

I don't entirely disagree with you as I have seen it work around the country in most affluent situations as well. You make some solid points. That's why I didn't say it was ALL coaches, parents, & administrators or that their many successes were purely a result of any of that. I do think it comes into play though. Successful professionals figure out a way to win (within the rules of the game) as well as pushing themselves and their offspring to excel.

Unfortunately, one can't help but hear the whispers from time-to-time though (whether it's Carroll or Highland Park or any other successful athletic school across the country). I didn't say there was any truth to any of the whispers/complaints (I frankly don't have enough information to know)...just that it's uncanny how (in this case) Carroll has once again come out on top of an administrative situation that ultimately works to their favor.

I think Carroll likely wants to play the game. And I think the Coach at Ridge thinks the scheduleing (he likley has more LHGCL players in his starting 11 than Carroll ECNL has no conflict)isn't to his advantage. The rules (last year pre ECNL no such advantage) if so play to SLC favor. The advantage, if there is one it's small,probably 2 games at best, certainly not enough to win State. Same happend Last year with Grapevine & Colleyville Heritage after the coin flip they came within a shootout of playing again in the Regional Finals.
John Galt
John Galt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferris 30/03/12, 03:32 pm

u95g dad wrote:Are there any other teams in the playoffs besides Carroll and Ridge?

Lets hear about some of the other matchups or maybe start another thread?
Agreed. Let's all hijack (er..move over) to the "HIGH SCHOOL PLAYOFFS" thread. I can't believe there isn't a schedule out there somewhere with dates, times and locations for all the bracketed games (Anyone?). 4-A plays first round tonight/tomorrow.
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 30/03/12, 03:33 pm

http://sportsmobility.net/public/soccer-girls-5a.pdf

Coppell v. Marcus and Fossil Ridge v. Plano West look like the best first round matches. It will also be interesting to see how Midlothian and Flower Mound will do after winning their respective districts.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by u95g dad 30/03/12, 03:47 pm

Something that actually belongs in this thread....per ESPN

12. Klein Oak (Spring, Texas)
Thursday: lost to Houston Memorial, 3-0

That would mean there are no undefeated teams in Texas 5A now, right?

This is not updated on Sportsmobility.net so don't know if it is accurate but that is what is listed on the ESPN site.
u95g dad
u95g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferris 30/03/12, 04:03 pm

u95g dad wrote:Something that actually belongs in this thread....per ESPN

12. Klein Oak (Spring, Texas)
Thursday: lost to Houston Memorial, 3-0

That would mean there are no undefeated teams in Texas 5A now, right?

This is not updated on Sportsmobility.net so don't know if it is accurate but that is what is listed on the ESPN site.
Yep...confirmed via Houston Chronicle website. Doesn't surprise me. Memorial is a good team. Loco and I have become distracted and haven't paid too much attention to south Texas in the last week or so... Smile I will update sportsmobility.net
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lotuseater 30/03/12, 05:52 pm

1st 2theball wrote:
stillyuk wrote:
1st 2theball wrote:
stillyuk wrote:
1st 2theball wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:In game score update:

SL Dragons - 5
D Guyer - 1

cyclops

Great...now it gets interesting

Seriously doubt if both Ridge & SLC want to risk injuries while going thru another battle.

So what you got........heads or tails??

Huge congrats to Lady Panthers on being Co-District 7-5a Champions cheers cheers cheers

A very special congrats to the Seniors on the team......most of these girls have all been best friends since 1st grade Shocked Shocked ...they truly are a team in every sense of the word cheers cheers cheers cheers

It's always a huge risk for injury whenever anybody plays Fossil Ridge.

Wow....we must have beat you guys too...LOL

Split, and shared a district championship. After we've played Fossil Ridge, I'm more concerned with whether our girls suffered any injuries from cheap shots and late slide tackles than if we won.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I forget that girls from Fossil Ridge were such dirty players with all the "cheap shots" and "late slide tackles" Very Happy Very Happy ...because there is now way SLC could have lost to a better team??....whats your excuse for losing to Coppell??

Maybe ballet would be more to your liking??
It's entirely possible to be the better team and dirty at the same time.

lotuseater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by panther 30/03/12, 06:14 pm

1st 2theball wrote:
Ferris wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
1st 2theball wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
1st 2theball wrote: Touchy subject I see??

"3 goals per district game" except when Carroll played Ridge..

Should be a great one....good luck to you guys in the playoffs..."to the victor go the spoils" Very Happy
Laughing Laughing

Do you even know what you're saying? Goal differential between the two teams head to head is zero. You guys won one and our team won one. Got it.

So do you honestly believe that a coin toss or a playoff game is the proper way to decide a champion? Shouldn't there be some other tiebreaker? Of course you don't because none favor your team. Every league, district or tournament has more than a couple of tiebreakers. 7-5A, inexplicably, doesn't.

I must not know what I'm saying...i guess I need you to tell me my point?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Your statement was even if it was limited to 3 goals per district game - a goal differential tiebreaker would still favor SLC...my statement was SLC never scored 3 on us...unfortunately, I assumed that would be easy to comprehend....its easy to have a 3 goal a game average when you score 13 on a much weaker team...simple enough for you??

You have no idea what I favor because I never stated my preference...got it?

But since you've asked nicely, I believe the only way to truly determine a champion would be to play the game....injuries be damned...club games could definitely interfere with the outcome for both sides....although, I know that most seniors for Ridge are finished with club soccer.

I don't believe that beating teams 13-0 really proves anything and thats why overall goal differential for 7-5a this year is tilted towards SLC...that must be why you favor "some other tiebreaker" because it favors your team. I've never really cared about scores..all that matters is that we score 1 more than the other team.

You have proven my point, you really don't have any idea what goal differential is. Please have someone explain it to you.
I'm very leery about jumping into this fray and siding with anyone from Carroll Smile...HOWEVER

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Unc here. 1st 2 the ball's explanation of the "overall goal differential" being "tilted" towards SLC and tying that somehow to a single 13-0 result (or any of Carroll's other results against the weaker teams in your district) shows this. Also confusing was your comment that somehow goal differential being limited to 3 per game would result in a "3 goal per game average". That would only be true if they scored 3 or more in every single game, which we know didn't happen against your team. That's simply not how goal differential works.

I do think that other than the one loss to Fossil Ridge, Carroll did score more goals (even when capped at 3 per game max) and also allowed fewer goals to be scored against them than any other team in their district. These metrics are the ones normally employed by every other league in the world to resolve tiebreakers in standings. Fossil Ridge had equal opportunity to score just as many goals (when capped at 3) and allow just as few the number of goals as Carroll during the identical district schedule. Head-to-head play in this case hasn't proven anything and an additional game wouldn't necessarily prove the better team either, just the team who won last. I just thought it was strange and unfortunate that an additional game was being required for district tiebreak.

That being said, I think it's a HUGE shame that First place in the seeding is simply being handed to Carroll without a fight...or at the very least some good/bad karma coming into play. I believe that of all the seeding spots in the bracket, that spot appears to have the "easiest" (relatively speaking) potential path to the 3rd round based on final seedings, etc. (no disrespect intended to Hebron, LD Bell or Mansfield Legacy).

LOL..

No need to side either way...Unc's opinion truly isn't all that important to me. Wasn't trying to "explain" definition of overall goal differential.....should have just said "overall goals scored"...maybe that would have helped Unc out...LOL

Apparently, SLC is just better @ everything....how unfortuate for the rest of us Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Sad situation it is...simply put, Ridge should have ended this by beating Keller.....then Unc could shove his tiebreaker whining.....they didn't do that...oh well. We swept Coppell and beat SLC @ home....I'll take that any day of the week Smile

I know my preference (and the girls) would be to fight for the seeding...I can however, see the coach's point...Ridge just isn't a very deep team and I would hate to see an injury happen.

unfortunately they are better at everything. have you seen their state championship billboard off 1709???

panther
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchmon 30/03/12, 10:40 pm

u95g dad wrote:
Ferris wrote:
u95g dad wrote:Another problem I see with the playoff game is it gives the 8-5A teams a perfect chance to come out and scout both teams as they prepare to play each other. I am sure the coaches have made their rounds but now it gives the players a chance to come out.
Yes, 8-5A teams will be scouting I'm sure...but no different really than the teams from 7-5A that were inexplicably "idle" the last week of the regular season and that had time to do scouting last Friday and Tuesday at 8-5A games. Flower Mound vs. Plano West game had a large contingent of 7-5A teams, coaches and players in attendance. Sure seemed like a district 7-5A ploy to wait until last minute to finalize their games so their teams could potentially "select" their competition for playoffs based on games already finished. Well within the rules I suppose, but it did seem a bit contrived...oh well... "all is fair in love and war", right?

You are giving our district too much credit. Remember, this is the same district that has a cointoss or playoff game for its tiebreaker.

Yah and knowing some coaches that is a huge stretch in strategy or should I say thought process, cmon it's High School not Olympics...LOL
Pitchmon
Pitchmon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchmon 30/03/12, 10:51 pm

u95g dad wrote:[Well said... Smile
However, I doubt I'm giving the district 7-5A officials too much credit for employing all means within the rules to stack the deck in their favor. I'm sure plenty of schools and parents in the metroplex (especially in football...or any other sport for that matter) wouldn't put a scheme like that past any district that includes Carroll. Some of it is driven by jealousy of their frequent successes, but I'm sure some of it is based on prior dealings...
Who knows...maybe I'm way off base and just throwing stones...nothing malicious intended, it was just an observation I found interesting.

Lets say you are right (I don't think so) and the district did try to make their games later , how does that explain the Keller/Ridge game on Tuesday? Also, it only hurts the top two teams who now have to play Thurs/Sat/Tues while the 8-5A teams will have had a week to rest and heal up. It doesn't make much sense to me to put off the games just to see who makes it out of 8-5A. Also, Keller schools have the largest voting block in the district so I don't think they are as in tune with the playoffs or who they will play (again, 2 Keller schools played on Tues). I think it has more to do with not wanting too big a break before the playoffs.[/quote]

It was about a middle school track meet scheduled in what is only one stadium for 4 schools, yup not supporting that, but a reality which is why we play Thursday or Saturday FB sometimes. Carroll has their own world which doesn't need coordination, Not saying I like the KISD situation, but it is the situation. Oh yeah the topic forgot, Stars testing replacing TAKS had some influx as well, gotta love government, so anyway they moved the soccer game and it wasn't for scouting purposes, that would be too clever for KISD. Actually based on my oldest DD we actually do well in the real world, at many colleges despite our obstacles...LOL This is only HS stuff after all
Pitchmon
Pitchmon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchmon 30/03/12, 11:07 pm

panther wrote:
1st 2theball wrote:
Ferris wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
1st 2theball wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
1st 2theball wrote: Touchy subject I see??

"3 goals per district game" except when Carroll played Ridge..

Should be a great one....good luck to you guys in the playoffs..."to the victor go the spoils" Very Happy
Laughing Laughing

Do you even know what you're saying? Goal differential between the two teams head to head is zero. You guys won one and our team won one. Got it.

So do you honestly believe that a coin toss or a playoff game is the proper way to decide a champion? Shouldn't there be some other tiebreaker? Of course you don't because none favor your team. Every league, district or tournament has more than a couple of tiebreakers. 7-5A, inexplicably, doesn't.

I must not know what I'm saying...i guess I need you to tell me my point?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Your statement was even if it was limited to 3 goals per district game - a goal differential tiebreaker would still favor SLC...my statement was SLC never scored 3 on us...unfortunately, I assumed that would be easy to comprehend....its easy to have a 3 goal a game average when you score 13 on a much weaker team...simple enough for you??

You have no idea what I favor because I never stated my preference...got it?

But since you've asked nicely, I believe the only way to truly determine a champion would be to play the game....injuries be damned...club games could definitely interfere with the outcome for both sides....although, I know that most seniors for Ridge are finished with club soccer.

I don't believe that beating teams 13-0 really proves anything and thats why overall goal differential for 7-5a this year is tilted towards SLC...that must be why you favor "some other tiebreaker" because it favors your team. I've never really cared about scores..all that matters is that we score 1 more than the other team.

You have proven my point, you really don't have any idea what goal differential is. Please have someone explain it to you.
I'm very leery about jumping into this fray and siding with anyone from Carroll Smile...HOWEVER

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Unc here. 1st 2 the ball's explanation of the "overall goal differential" being "tilted" towards SLC and tying that somehow to a single 13-0 result (or any of Carroll's other results against the weaker teams in your district) shows this. Also confusing was your comment that somehow goal differential being limited to 3 per game would result in a "3 goal per game average". That would only be true if they scored 3 or more in every single game, which we know didn't happen against your team. That's simply not how goal differential works.

I do think that other than the one loss to Fossil Ridge, Carroll did score more goals (even when capped at 3 per game max) and also allowed fewer goals to be scored against them than any other team in their district. These metrics are the ones normally employed by every other league in the world to resolve tiebreakers in standings. Fossil Ridge had equal opportunity to score just as many goals (when capped at 3) and allow just as few the number of goals as Carroll during the identical district schedule. Head-to-head play in this case hasn't proven anything and an additional game wouldn't necessarily prove the better team either, just the team who won last. I just thought it was strange and unfortunate that an additional game was being required for district tiebreak.

That being said, I think it's a HUGE shame that First place in the seeding is simply being handed to Carroll without a fight...or at the very least some good/bad karma coming into play. I believe that of all the seeding spots in the bracket, that spot appears to have the "easiest" (relatively speaking) potential path to the 3rd round based on final seedings, etc. (no disrespect intended to Hebron, LD Bell or Mansfield Legacy).

LOL..

No need to side either way...Unc's opinion truly isn't all that important to me. Wasn't trying to "explain" definition of overall goal differential.....should have just said "overall goals scored"...maybe that would have helped Unc out...LOL

Apparently, SLC is just better @ everything....how unfortuate for the rest of us Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Sad situation it is...simply put, Ridge should have ended this by beating Keller.....then Unc could shove his tiebreaker whining.....they didn't do that...oh well. We swept Coppell and beat SLC @ home....I'll take that any day of the week Smile

I know my preference (and the girls) would be to fight for the seeding...I can however, see the coach's point...Ridge just isn't a very deep team and I would hate to see an injury happen.

unfortunately they are better at everything. have you seen their state championship billboard off 1709???

Sad situation is Ridge was not beter talented than Keller my opinion and don't hate, 1-0 win in first game and then blow out in second by Keller. Luck? IDK Same with most district games everyone has to admit Keller should have played better. Talk about depth and Ridge doesn't have it according to this post? Keller could draw from JV and replace the general field. Why that isn't accomplished IDK. Keller could be dangerous in playoffs as pre-season looked good, there are very talented girls
Pitchmon
Pitchmon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by stillyuk 31/03/12, 09:39 am

[Apparently, SLC is just better @ everything....how unfortuate for the rest of us Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Not everything, but most things, yes.

stillyuk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by locomotion 01/04/12, 01:12 pm

John Galt wrote:
Ferris wrote:

Who is John Galt?
locomotion
locomotion
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.sportsmobility.net

Back to top Go down

Post by locomotion 01/04/12, 03:58 pm

I love the idea that the guy doing the ranking had "no choice" but to move Flower Mound ahead of Ursuline and Plano West... He hasn't liked Flower Mound all season because he was at the loss against Rosary in January.
locomotion
locomotion
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.sportsmobility.net

Back to top Go down

Powerade Fab 50 Rankings - Page 9 Empty UPDATED ESPNHS State Rankings - April 2, 2012

Post by Ferris 02/04/12, 10:56 am

ESPNHS State Rankings as we head into playoffs:

Texas: 1. McKinney Boyd (19-1-2), 2. Marcus (22-2-1), 3. Flower Mound (18-2-2), 4. Mansfield (17-1-6), 5. Plano West (15-3-4), 6. Ursuline Academy (22-2-0*), 7. Coppell (18-3-4), 8. Southlake Carroll (23-2-1), 9. Rowlett (17-2-3), 10. Kingwood (21-2-2), 11. Grapevine (20-2-3), 12. Klein Oak (20-1-1), 13. Westlake (17-3-4), 14. Cy-Fair (17-1-2), 15. Wakeland (21-0-2), 16. Fort Worth Country Day (16-1-1*), 17. Denton Ryan (20-1-1), 18. Fossil Ridge (14-5-1), 19. Fort Bend Clements (17-2-2), 20. Fort Bend Austin (17-1-4).

Some significant movement based on last week's results...Mansfield and Flower Mound switch spots due to Mansfield's tie against Midlothian and second-place finish in district while Flower Mound beat Allen to claim their first 8-5A championship. Klein Oak loses for the first time all year during a tune-up match scheduled between end of district and playoffs...and tumbles from #7 to #12. Fossil Ridge takes a bigger tumble after losing big to Keller...from #8 to #18. Coppell, Carroll, Rowlett and Kingwood all move up two spots to fill the voids. Some VERY intriguing first and potential second-round matchups slated for this week. Tonight's game between #2 Marcus and #7 Coppell is probably the highlight.

As far as non-5A schools in the rankings...Frisco Wakeland moves up two spots to #15 and is off to a good title defense already in the 4A playoffs. Denton Ryan is up two spots as well and started out playoffs with a solid win. Ursuline (#6) and FW Country Day (#16)are the only private schools to remain on the list after each won their respective tournaments (TAPPS and SPC, respectively).
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 02/04/12, 11:02 am

Ursuline and Country Day wouldn't be in the Top 20 DFW teams if they played a 5A schedule.

I think the DD, our Danish girls in for the Int'l Cup and I are going to go to the Marcus v. Coppell game this evening. Should be a good one.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferris 02/04/12, 11:12 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:Ursuline and Country Day wouldn't be in the Top 20 DFW teams if they played a 5A schedule.
I'm pretty sure you're right about Country Day. Not sure about Ursuline. I haven't seen either play, but I know the reason he ranks Ursuline so highly is because of their performance at NEPS (where they beat American Heritage-Del Ray 3-0 (#2 in final Florida ranking), Arlington Martin 4-2 (a 5-A playoff team) and Kingwood 4-0 (#10 in Texas currently). Not bad results. Their only losses were in tight games against Marcus and Plano West. That's why he sandwiches them between Plano West and Kingwood in the rankings.

I think Urusline probably belongs in the top 20, I just think most top teams in district 7-5A and 8-5A would do well against them if given the chance. I would probably place them around #15 or so.
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Powerade Fab 50 Rankings - Page 9 Empty ESPNHS State Rankings After 2 Rounds of Playoffs - April 9, 2012

Post by Ferris 09/04/12, 02:53 pm

Texas: 1. McKinney Boyd (21-1-2), 2. Marcus (24-2-1), 3. Flower Mound (20-2-2), 4. Plano West (17-3-4), 5. Southlake Carroll (25-2-1), 6. Ursuline Academy (22-2-0*), 7. Rowlett (19-2-3), 8. Kingwood (23-2-2), 9. Grapevine (21-3-3*), 10. Klein Oak (22-1-1), 11. Westlake (19-3-4), 12. Fort Worth Country Day (16-1-1*), 13. Fossil Ridge (14-6-1*), 14. Fort Bend Clements (19-2-2), 15. Fort Bend Austin (19-1-4), 16. Midlothian (18-4-3*), 17. Euless Trinity (15-6-1*), 18. Mansfield (17-2-6*), 19. Coppell (18-4-4*), 20. Seven Lakes (19-4-2), 21. Clear Lake (16-5-2), 22. St. Agnes (22-2-2*), 23. Highland Park (21-1-2)

Carroll moves up 3 spots while Rowlett, Kingwood, Klein Oak, and Austin Westlake all move up 2 spots after 2 playoff victories. Fort Bend Clements and Fort Bend Austin also make big jumps (5 spots each) after 2 playoff wins. Midlothian and Euless Trinity both get some credit for good seasons and first round wins and enter the rankings at #16 & #17. Seven Lakes, Clear Lake and Highland Park also enter the expanded ranking at #'s 20, 21 & 23, respectively based on their 2 playoff wins to date.

Biggest surprise is that Fossil Ridge actually moves up from #18 to #13 after losing to Plano West in the first round??? Ridge had a great season, performed well in their district and deserve to be ranked, I just don't understand the big move up after a first round loss...Also somewhat surprisingly, Mansfield & Coppell stay in the top #20 after losing in the first round of playoffs (Coppell I understand since they played Marcus...Mansfield I still just don't get since their only quality win all year was against Coppell). Wakeland, Denton Ryan & Cy Fair drop out after losing in the 2nd round. Grapevine finishes a great season in the 2nd round of playoffs against Plano West and holds on at #9 as a result (too high?).

Big games coming up tomorrow between 4 of the top 5 teams. A shame any have to go home...especially since after tomorrow 16 teams will still remain in the state and only a MAXIMUM of 6 will come from this Top 10. (In fact, only a potential 9 of the 16 still alive after tomorrow will come from this list of 23)...

Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frogfan1 09/04/12, 08:16 pm

Ferris wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:Ursuline and Country Day wouldn't be in the Top 20 DFW teams if they played a 5A schedule.
I'm pretty sure you're right about Country Day. Not sure about Ursuline. I haven't seen either play, but I know the reason he ranks Ursuline so highly is because of their performance at NEPS (where they beat American Heritage-Del Ray 3-0 (#2 in final Florida ranking), Arlington Martin 4-2 (a 5-A playoff team) and Kingwood 4-0 (#10 in Texas currently). Not bad results. Their only losses were in tight games against Marcus and Plano West. That's why he sandwiches them between Plano West and Kingwood in the rankings.

I think Urusline probably belongs in the top 20, I just think most top teams in district 7-5A and 8-5A would do well against them if given the chance. I would probably place them around #15 or so.

Not true about Ursuline. They would compete for the state championship virtually every year if they were in 5A. Just look at their college signees every year.
Frogfan1
Frogfan1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferris 09/04/12, 08:42 pm

Frogfan1 wrote:
Ferris wrote:

Not true about Ursuline. They would compete for the state championship virtually every year if they were in 5A. Just look at their college signees every year.

Maybe...but this year they lost to both top 5a teams they played...2-0 v Marcus; 1-0 v Plano West...
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Tap 10/04/12, 11:05 am

I think the DD, our Danish girls in for the Int'l Cup and I are going to go to the Marcus v. Coppell game this evening. Should be a good one.

Funny -- they used to say the same thing about Jesuit... lol!
Spinal Tap
Spinal Tap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next