North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

TFC Blue Cup - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

TFC Blue Cup

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

TFC Blue Cup - Page 5 Empty Re: TFC Blue Cup

Post by pro16 08/12/12, 10:15 pm

Joe scafone wrote:Little after 9pm. Almost 1.5 hrs after last game ended. But do we know who is playing tomorrow in bracket D?

Sting G advances after Sting Parker beat LP Keegan

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kingarthur 09/12/12, 09:49 am

Cosmos beat Fever 3-0 in semis.
kingarthur
kingarthur
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by sticksandstones 09/12/12, 10:04 am

tollwaydiva2012 wrote:Cosmos beat Fever 3-0 in semis.

Score was actually 2-0. Very physical game.
Both teams played well. Cosmos came to win. santa

sticksandstones
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by enuffsoccer 09/12/12, 11:05 am

Outside of the complaining by adults, how about the kids. What I saw were a lot, yes short, but tightly fought games. LP Dalglish 1 - Solar Blue 0 could not have been a faster, more hardly fought game. SB is fast and yet to pass and posses effectively. LPD was clearly better and at times could have broken out, but SB kept themselves right in it.

enuffsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Offsides 09/12/12, 12:19 pm

This tournament was a joke. Bad Refs and different length games and field sizes. I wont even go into last nights game between FCD and Sting the REF should be flogged. Someone else can give details I just want to forget this weekend ever happened.

Offsides
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NHsoccer03 09/12/12, 05:49 pm

I am moving down here from the Northeast and have been following this site for a bit to try and find a good fit for my daughter. I picked a few teams to watch at this tournament just to see their style of play and more than that, the parents as their behavior can show a lot about the teams dynamics. The game mentioned above was one of the ones I watched. I have never in my life seen a game where the head ref did NOT have a whistle. At all. That fact alone caused pure chaos. In one play, a girl got hurt, play kept on sort of bc no whistle was blown. The ref stopped play by saying stop. However, when all was said and done, he gave the ball to the team that did not have possesion at the time he called stop. But to the other team, who kicked towards the goal and quickly scored. No drop ball, no throw in, just gave the ball to the FCD team. Parent were upset at this point, but someone what composed. Coaches for Sting were a bit upset, but again composed. The ref realized what he had done, and attempted to force a goal for Sting to even the game at 1 by rolling the ball himself in the goal. Completely odd. This action caused all hell to break loose. The FCD parents were livid as they needed a shutout apparently to possibly move on. Coach stormed on the field, yelling at the poor kid ref who was clueless. Asking to be thrown out, literally. A group of parents as well as the team manager I believe came on to the field as well and refused to get off. Even after being asked by one of the tournament directors (I think). SHe kept walking away on to the center of the field bc someone was down I believe. Ultimately, I think the police were called or the threat was there. It was pure insanity. In the Northeast, soccer is heated. But, I have never witnessed parents cursing to the officials like this. I am not sure of the outcome as I left knowing this team and possibly competitive soccer in Texas is not the place for my daughter.

NHsoccer03
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane 09/12/12, 07:22 pm

I heard LP parents were pretty animated and they did not want to lose because they have to deal with message board all week.
Zidane
Zidane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 09/12/12, 07:27 pm

NHsoccer03 wrote:I am moving down here from the Northeast and have been following this site for a bit to try and find a good fit for my daughter. I picked a few teams to watch at this tournament just to see their style of play and more than that, the parents as their behavior can show a lot about the teams dynamics. The game mentioned above was one of the ones I watched. I have never in my life seen a game where the head ref did NOT have a whistle. At all. That fact alone caused pure chaos. In one play, a girl got hurt, play kept on sort of bc no whistle was blown. The ref stopped play by saying stop. However, when all was said and done, he gave the ball to the team that did not have possesion at the time he called stop. But to the other team, who kicked towards the goal and quickly scored. No drop ball, no throw in, just gave the ball to the FCD team. Parent were upset at this point, but someone what composed. Coaches for Sting were a bit upset, but again composed. The ref realized what he had done, and attempted to force a goal for Sting to even the game at 1 by rolling the ball himself in the goal. Completely odd. This action caused all hell to break loose. The FCD parents were livid as they needed a shutout apparently to possibly move on. Coach stormed on the field, yelling at the poor kid ref who was clueless. Asking to be thrown out, literally. A group of parents as well as the team manager I believe came on to the field as well and refused to get off. Even after being asked by one of the tournament directors (I think). SHe kept walking away on to the center of the field bc someone was down I believe. Ultimately, I think the police were called or the threat was there. It was pure insanity. In the Northeast, soccer is heated. But, I have never witnessed parents cursing to the officials like this. I am not sure of the outcome as I left knowing this team and possibly competitive soccer in Texas is not the place for my daughter.

Save it... New comer my a**. For how could a new comer know that the person who went on the field was the Team mgr.?? Well I am said Team mgr. and to set you "a new comer" straight, I did not say anything to anyone other than the ref when my DD who has Osgood Schlatter's and was bothered by it all weekend, was crushed underneath a Sting player and started screaming in agony. The ref did not have a whistle and yelled for the girls to stop playing. Play stopped and I went onto the field with the Assistant Coach to check on her knee. She was screaming and crying in pain and I identified myself to the ref as her mother who just so happened to also be the TM. The ref allowed me to enter the field and the TD came and called for the trainer. When the trainer arrived, we both got onto the cart and were driven off the field. I did in fact tell the Ref that he needed a whistle and why would he even be allowed to ref a game without one and that HE should not be reffing. Kids are used to hearing a whistle to stop play in the event of an injury or foul. No ref should be in a game yelling, stop, stop, when something happens to stop the play. The lines woman said she had a whistle but did not give it to him because it was dirty. Just stupid. At any rate, no police were called, so stop your lying. Not one police showed up to the game for any reason. No one, at least not me, said anything to anyone other than the ref. If anything happened on the sidelines, I was not there. I was being a mother and taking care of my daughter. I tell you people like to start drama and untrue rumors and if that's what floats your boat, so be it...... New comer!

The rest however of what you said is somewhat true. FCD had possesion of the ball, a player went down. Ref yelled stop. Girls stopped. When the restart happened, ref attempted to do a drop kick. FCD player did go for the drop, Ref kept beckoning for Sting player but no one went. Ref dropped the ball and FCD player kicked it towards the goal. FCD scored then Sting parents threw a fit. Ref was scared so when the teams lined up for the kick-off, Ref told FCD player to roll ball back to FCD goalie. FCD goalie picked the ball up to punt it and the ref took it out of her hand and threw it into the goal giving Sting a goal. FCD parents then threw a fit. Coach summoned for the TD and head ref. TD came to the field, during that time the above injury happened to FCD player AKA my DD and the rest my friend is history. Score was set back to 0-0, since this was 5 minutes in, and there was 15 minutes of stoppage, 8 more minutes were added. So basically a 13 minute half. 2nd half was pretty much the same mess except the ref had a whistle.
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigheadpena 09/12/12, 07:38 pm

2ddsinsoccer "your going to jail now!!!!" LoL!
bigheadpena
bigheadpena
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 09/12/12, 07:44 pm

bigheadpena wrote:2ddsinsoccer "your going to jail now!!!!" LoL!

LIL! "Literally I'm Laughing." Bighead, you crazy........ cheers
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane 09/12/12, 08:05 pm

Sting AG won 3-0 vs cosmos in finals.
Zidane
Zidane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSerum 09/12/12, 08:11 pm

So basically we relearn what everyone already knows.

Sting parents are a mess and like to say they are from the Northeast. Nice move Sting Goodman parents.

FCD East Premier is a mid level team (ala Sting Goodman) when their Star player and mother are not around.

Hopkins better hope SRSA, FCD Frisco Premier and Sting AG don't come offering the jail bound TM/mother escholarship money or else his team is plano premier bound.

TruthSerum
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSerum 09/12/12, 08:15 pm

Zidane wrote:Sting AG won 3-0 vs cosmos in finals.
Look who is posting again. His team wins a tournament and he is back on boards. Welcome back. No need to excite the LP parents with your taunting. You know what they know. That game was as one sided as a tie can get. You are not on LP Dalglish level. Put ypur pom pons down.

TruthSerum
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/12/12, 08:18 pm

Lets see, gonna ref a game today. Yellow card ? Check, red card? Check. Flags? Check. Whistle? Where is that whistle? it was here a minute ago. Oh well, i can do it without my whistle, no problem. Besides, i can always borrow the linesman's. i am sure it will be clean and ok. Zippeedooda, zippedea, my oh my what a wonderful day.... cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane 09/12/12, 08:56 pm

I only post when my DD team wins....way to busy to lurch around and follow so much drama....however I know several LP players and they are good team.
Zidane
Zidane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer315 09/12/12, 09:12 pm

Congrats to Cosmos for making the finals and Sting Audrey for winning. Sounds like there were a lot of exciting games this weekend.
soccer315
soccer315
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NHsoccer03 09/12/12, 10:31 pm

2ddsinsoccer wrote:
NHsoccer03 wrote:I am moving down here from the Northeast and have been following this site for a bit to try and find a good fit for my daughter. I picked a few teams to watch at this tournament just to see their style of play and more than that, the parents as their behavior can show a lot about the teams dynamics. The game mentioned above was one of the ones I watched. I have never in my life seen a game where the head ref did NOT have a whistle. At all. That fact alone caused pure chaos. In one play, a girl got hurt, play kept on sort of bc no whistle was blown. The ref stopped play by saying stop. However, when all was said and done, he gave the ball to the team that did not have possesion at the time he called stop. But to the other team, who kicked towards the goal and quickly scored. No drop ball, no throw in, just gave the ball to the FCD team. Parent were upset at this point, but someone what composed. Coaches for Sting were a bit upset, but again composed. The ref realized what he had done, and attempted to force a goal for Sting to even the game at 1 by rolling the ball himself in the goal. Completely odd. This action caused all hell to break loose. The FCD parents were livid as they needed a shutout apparently to possibly move on. Coach stormed on the field, yelling at the poor kid ref who was clueless. Asking to be thrown out, literally. A group of parents as well as the team manager I believe came on to the field as well and refused to get off. Even after being asked by one of the tournament directors (I think). SHe kept walking away on to the center of the field bc someone was down I believe. Ultimately, I think the police were called or the threat was there. It was pure insanity. In the Northeast, soccer is heated. But, I have never witnessed parents cursing to the officials like this. I am not sure of the outcome as I left knowing this team and possibly competitive soccer in Texas is not the place for my daughter.

Save it... New comer my a**. For how could a new comer know that the person who went on the field was the Team mgr.?? Well I am said Team mgr. and to set you "a new comer" straight, I did not say anything to anyone other than the ref when my DD who has Osgood Schlatter's and was bothered by it all weekend, was crushed underneath a Sting player and started screaming in agony. The ref did not have a whistle and yelled for the girls to stop playing. Play stopped and I went onto the field with the Assistant Coach to check on her knee. She was screaming and crying in pain and I identified myself to the ref as her mother who just so happened to also be the TM. The ref allowed me to enter the field and the TD came and called for the trainer. When the trainer arrived, we both got onto the cart and were driven off the field. I did in fact tell the Ref that he needed a whistle and why would he even be allowed to ref a game without one and that HE should not be reffing. Kids are used to hearing a whistle to stop play in the event of an injury or foul. No ref should be in a game yelling, stop, stop, when something happens to stop the play. The lines woman said she had a whistle but did not give it to him because it was dirty. Just stupid. At any rate, no police were called, so stop your lying. Not one police showed up to the game for any reason. No one, at least not me, said anything to anyone other than the ref. If anything happened on the sidelines, I was not there. I was being a mother and taking care of my daughter. I tell you people like to start drama and untrue rumors and if that's what floats your boat, so be it...... New comer!

The rest however of what you said is somewhat true. FCD had possesion of the ball, a player went down. Ref yelled stop. Girls stopped. When the restart happened, ref attempted to do a drop kick. FCD player did go for the drop, Ref kept beckoning for Sting player but no one went. Ref dropped the ball and FCD player kicked it towards the goal. FCD scored then Sting parents threw a fit. Ref was scared so when the teams lined up for the kick-off, Ref told FCD player to roll ball back to FCD goalie. FCD goalie picked the ball up to punt it and the ref took it out of her hand and threw it into the goal giving Sting a goal. FCD parents then threw a fit. Coach summoned for the TD and head ref. TD came to the field, during that time the above injury happened to FCD player AKA my DD and the rest my friend is history. Score was set back to 0-0, since this was 5 minutes in, and there was 15 minutes of stoppage, 8 more minutes were added. So basically a 13 minute half. 2nd half was pretty much the same mess except the ref had a whistle.

I apologize for the confusion. I was not referring to the team manager when I said they would not leave the field. I was referring to a younger woman. Who walked from one end of the field to the center while the director attempted to have her leave. Also, the only reason I was aware that you were the manager was you said it rather loudly to the director woman. I hope your daughter is feeling much better. And again, I apologize for the confusion. I also hope not all North Texas tournaments are ran like this as it seems a lot of people are not happy.

NHsoccer03
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 10/12/12, 08:18 am

https://www.txsoccer.net/t13599-03-poll-sidelines

NH....if sideline behavior is a big factor in choosing a NTX academy team for your DD...you couldn't have pick a worst game to attend.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Till-I-Collapse 10/12/12, 09:13 am

TruthSerum wrote:
Look who is posting again. His team wins a tournament and he is back on boards. Welcome back. No need to excite the LP parents with your taunting. You know what they know. That game was as one sided as a tie can get. You are not on LP Dalglish level. Put ypur pom pons down.

You were correct in stating they were not on LP Dalglish level, they were better (at least this weekend)!!! lol!

Give credit where credit is due. No matter how you slice it, Sting AG beat LP Dalglish and Cosmos. Congrats to Sting AG!
Till-I-Collapse
Till-I-Collapse
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/12/12, 09:29 am

Till-I-Collapse wrote:
TruthSerum wrote:

You were correct in stating they were not on LP Dalglish level, they were better (at least this weekend)!!! lol!

Give credit where credit is due. No matter how you slice it, Sting AG beat LP Dalglish and Cosmos. Congrats to Sting AG!

Goes to show the dangers of penciling yourself in to championships. Anything can happen. Keegan plays a great game and ties sting AG then loses to sting parker. Sting beats daglish and Sting then beats cosmos. Dont get complacent these teams are competitive and not static, bring it or face the consequences....

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Junkie 10/12/12, 10:43 am

This was the worst run tournament I have ever been a part of

Different size fields for teams (some in the same bracket, 1 game on a small field while another game in that bracket was on a larger field)

Different lengths of games

Referees not having a whistle, not knowing the rules

This is a total JOKE, I did tell my coach that if he ever entered us into a TFC tournament my DD would not be a part of it

Congrats to Sting AG on the win
Cosmos on a good run

I would of liked to see everything equal, may or may not of changed anything
But you want everyone playing the same game and by the same rules
Soccer Junkie
Soccer Junkie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 10/12/12, 10:48 am

Sounds like the only real excitement this weekend was in that Sting/FCD game. If their stud forward was the one who left injured that outcome makes more sense.

I love these boards after tournaments, so many parents bragging and defending stuff that their kids have already forgotten about Smile

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 10/12/12, 11:11 am

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Sounds like the only real excitement this weekend was in that Sting/FCD game. If their stud forward was the one who left injured that outcome makes more sense.

I love these boards after tournaments, so many parents bragging and defending stuff that their kids have already forgotten about Smile

Oh, I don't know about that - My DD is still talking about what happened this weekend. Just this morning she was critiquing the after tournament ice cream outing.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 10/12/12, 12:30 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Sounds like the only real excitement this weekend was in that Sting/FCD game. If their stud forward was the one who left injured that outcome makes more sense.

I'm guessing you are talking about my DD, although I don't consider her the only stud on the team but she did go down with a knee injury in the Sting game. I'm not sure she would have made much difference either way if she'd played the entire game. After 3 soccer tournaments 3 weekends in a row, indoor and Futsal she's probably in need of a break. She's just getting over a kick to the face, a tailbone injury and now going through a growth spurt. Her little knees are aching so she didn't put forth much effort in any game this weekend. Probably shouldn't have played but didn't want to let the team down. I think she did anyway because when she is down and out and not hyping them up on the field, they are down and out as well. Such is the life of youth soccer, especially when the girls are really close. She got pummeled in the Fever game, took an elbow to the nose and left the DT Moreno game and was driven off the field in a golf cart in the Sting game. Oh well, hopefully she'll rebound and be ready in January for some good competitive soccer. She's a tough cookie so I think she'll be okay.
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by C5thomas 10/12/12, 01:17 pm

Sorry to here that 2ddsinsoccer's daughter was hurt. Hopefully she will recover soon with what sounded like a much needed break. A few weeks back my dd played with injured shoulder and wasn't up to par. But she, with a few weeks rest seemed to recover just fine. We are all a bit guilty allowing them sometimes to push themselves a bit far. However they are competitors, and we all know that they will hide pain to play. We guessed played this weekend and where able to win with Sting. I'd have liked to play FC East as they always offer a good game. I fully expected to have played you guys. But I'd rather win with both teams playing on all pistons. Prayers for your daughter that nothing is serious.

C5thomas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 10/12/12, 01:33 pm

C5thomas wrote:Sorry to here that 2ddsinsoccer's daughter was hurt. Hopefully she will recover soon with what sounded like a much needed break. A few weeks back my dd played with injured shoulder and wasn't up to par. But she, with a few weeks rest seemed to recover just fine. We are all a bit guilty allowing them sometimes to push themselves a bit far. However they are competitors, and we all know that they will hide pain to play. We guessed played this weekend and where able to win with Sting. I'd have liked to play FC East as they always offer a good game. I fully expected to have played you guys. But I'd rather win with both teams playing on all pistons. Prayers for your daughter that nothing is serious.

Injury was not serious, no torn ligaments, just jammed it up a bit. You are absolutely right though, sometimes we forget they are kids and that they do need to rest. Mine is like an Energizer bunny and keeps going and going all the time. After a while though, it catches up and it really shows. She will be fine I think and hopefully back to 100% for January tournaments. Due to all the recent injuries she's had, I'm even surprised she still wants to play soccer. Maybe I should just keep her in track and walk away from soccer altogether. NOT! Thanks for the concern C5, it was very much appreciated.

I want to add a Big Thank You to the trainer, Steve Parker, you are awesome and parents if you have any kids suffering with Osgood Schlatter's you should really look him up. He has just the remedy to alleviate the pain and have your DD's and BB's up and running and feeling great. I wish I'd known him about 5 years earlier when my older DD went through this.
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5