North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

TFC Blue Cup - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

TFC Blue Cup

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TFC Blue Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: TFC Blue Cup

Post by TheDudeAbides 07/12/12, 10:10 am

SolarPower00 wrote:I have to give him some credit. He switched the game lengths to something more reasonable. He could have kept them at 20 halves like they did in the Texans Fall Festival.
I think that initial schedule was put out knowing that there would be significant changes.
We all just got a little too worked up about it last weekend.
He not only listened to our team's requests but I think he listened to the 'voice of the people' and personally I prefer that to listening to 'his inner circle'.
We've seen how the LHGCL inner circle seeding committee can get it wrong sometimes.

cheers bounce cheers

TheDudeAbides
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 07/12/12, 10:18 am

MaskedWriter wrote:
Joe scafone wrote:What a poorly run tournament so far. I hope the weekend goes well for all the teams/coaches/team managers. Parents fork out good money for tournaments and deserve better. This guy has to take advice from many different people outside his own knowledge or inner circle. For someone that has done tournaments for so long, should know better. Other TDs (Dom for example) put tournaments together in their sleep and will be sorely missed.

I really hope coaches do a better job with sticking with TDs that treat them right, fair and don't have their heads up you know where. Only way that will happen is dont sign up for tournaments with TDs who don't get it.

And don't tell me, if you can do it better, do it yourself. No, that's why I fork out good money to someone who is supposed to do it right. Plus, I can get on here and complain.

There. I feel better now.

Help me out here ... Why do you think that this is poorly run? The only issue that is still outstanding is the size of some of the fields that are being played on (ie Lake Park #4). The rest of the issues (Bracket alignment, times of halves) have been addressed prior to the tournament.

I think that it is too harsh to call this poorly run at this point. Ask me again in 3 days time and then I may change my tune. :-)

Just in my short stint of a parent/team manager here in NTX soccer world...you see how some TD do things....some better than others.

For example, don't post a schedule until you are really confident it will stick. How many teams with that many parents who plan around these schedules? Some TDs will send emails to TMs and tell them to look at the schedule for conflicts....the TD did their work behind the scenes to try and catch the issues, address them individually with teams and then post when they are pretty close to feeling good about it....usually late Sunday evenings or first thing Monday...before the tournament weekend. In this case, the TD did NOT do his homework and even YELLED AT HIS CUSTOMERS ONLINE BY TELLING THEM THAT TO LEAVE HIM ALONE AND DON'T EMAIL/PHONE THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG. Clearly, he knew it was a mistake. Don't you learn from that? This isn't his first rodeo.

Another example, the tourny rules, say 20 min halves. Stick to it. Nope, I got enough phone calls/complaints, I'll make change. What message does that send for future tournaments? Who actually runs this...you or your constituents? By the way, I haven't seen any notice of changes....maybe that will be communicated to the TMs separately....or did he forget that too?

Another ex., when a team signs up for a tournament, they usually have the ability to state what division they would like...put notes in the system..."sign us up for Gold or Silver or the lowest division". For what ever reason that might be (new team...doesn't really want to get slaughtered by the better teams, etc). Did the TD miss that when the schedules originally came out?

Communication sucks between the TD and the TMs.

Field size, you really can't blame him for that, any TD will have a tough time finding a field to match the team, age, etc. That's tough. Don't blame any of them for that.

As a parent, most don't see the behind the scenes crap that goes on. But as a coach/TM...you see it all. Let's see how it rolls and hear feedback later. If a TM/Coach goes to the Ref on their first game and asks, are we playing 20 min or 25 min halves....and the Ref doesn't know..(which happens more than you know) you can tell who has a better run tournament.

When schedules don't get posted quickly. When play off teams don't get notified who/when/where they play till into the "wee" hours of the night....you get my drift?

Maybe I am over exagerating here, but it so far, the TD's history and the way this one has started off doesn't paint the a pretty picture.

Will see...

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 07/12/12, 10:20 am

bwgophers wrote: drunken

I was surprised at your original post too...good move to recant

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 07/12/12, 10:30 am

I don't see the big deal. There were issues with the brackets etc and it was fixed. Changes to the schedules and brackets is not uncommon in tournaments. He should have listed them as preliminary schedules. As far as teams signing up for the division they want goes ha good luck with that. The brackets and divisions are decided my the teams that sign up. You could be a gold division team and if enough teams sign up that are better than you get pushed to silver. It happens all the time.

This will be a great tournament by the TD if my DD wins. If not then the refs suck, fields were bad, game times too short, and scheduling off with unbalanced brackets. so you suck TD. Lets hope she wins because I would hate for the TD to suck
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 07/12/12, 10:33 am

go99 wrote:I don't see the big deal. There were issues with the brackets etc and it was fixed. Changes to the schedules and brackets is not uncommon in tournaments. He should have listed them as preliminary schedules. As far as teams signing up for the division they want goes ha good luck with that. The brackets and divisions are decided my the teams that sign up. You could be a gold division team and if enough teams sign up that are better than you get pushed to silver. It happens all the time.

This will be a great tournament by the TD if my DD wins. If not then the refs suck, fields were bad, game times too short, and scheduling off with unbalanced brackets. so you suck TD. Lets hope she wins because I would hate for the TD to suck

Here here drunken

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 07/12/12, 11:27 am

Should be an interesting weekend and I look forward to hearing the updates. It looks like a potential rematch of a couple of weeks ago is what most people seem to think with Dalglish 03 and Predator but I wouldn't be shocked if one or both get knocked out prior to the finals. There are some good teams in this tournament, Fever, cosmos, RASE, Sting G along with the two mentioned above. However in pool play it only takes one funky game for the whole thing to be tossed around. Teams like gssc thunder, dt Hernandez, sting goodman, LP Keegan, and sting Parker can all upset the top teams in their brackets if a ball or two get past the defense when they normally wouldn't.

That's what makes this fun for those not personally involved in this stuff. Anything can happen. Good Luck to all those that are playing.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/12/12, 11:48 am

Joe scafone wrote:
bwgophers wrote: drunken

I was surprised at your original post too...good move to recant

Not recanting... My original post was what my actual experience and opinion are. After looking at it, just felt it wasn't really the right time and place to express it. Shouldn't post before the morning caffeine kicks in... Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 07/12/12, 07:55 pm

20 min halves at Lake Park

Last edited by Joe scafone on 07/12/12, 08:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

TFC Blue Cup - Page 4 Empty re: TFC Blue Cup

Post by Guest 07/12/12, 08:32 pm

My DD just finished playing her game. We played 25 minute halves at Railroad Park.

By the way, '04 Dalglish beat D'Feeters Mbemba 1-0

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 07/12/12, 09:49 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:I have to give him some credit. He switched the game lengths to something more reasonable. He could have kept them at 20 halves like they did in the Texans Fall Festival.
I think that initial schedule was put out knowing that there would be significant changes.
We all just got a little too worked up about it last weekend.
He not only listened to our team's requests but I think he listened to the 'voice of the people' and personally I prefer that to listening to 'his inner circle'.
We've seen how the LHGCL inner circle seeding committee can get it wrong sometimes.

20 min halves......field changes for tomorrow..disregard my comments above
What a mess
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 07/12/12, 09:58 pm

Fourtexans wrote:My DD just finished playing her game. We played 25 minute halves at Railroad Park.

By the way, '04 Dalglish beat D'Feeters Mbemba 1-0

Any commentary? Sounds like maybe a good game?

Any other scores?
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by JewelsBMF 07/12/12, 11:56 pm

Scores: http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=28155&Gender=Girls&Age=10
JewelsBMF
JewelsBMF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

TFC Blue Cup - Page 4 Empty TFC

Post by MaskedWriter 08/12/12, 03:58 am

JewelsBMF wrote:Scores: http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=28155&Gender=Girls&Age=10

Group C ... keeping the suspense up. I dare say that none of them really staked their claim to the bracket after round 1 Laughing

MaskedWriter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/12/12, 12:00 pm

Dalglish 03 played 20 minutes halves this morning.

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 08/12/12, 12:26 pm

Should be an interesting night of soccer, looks like every pool will be determined by the results of the evening games. Going to be a bunch of loud parents

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/12/12, 12:31 pm

I just can't believe some games have 20 minutes and others 25 minute halves. Sounds unfair and quite a mess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/12/12, 02:50 pm

A total mess. We played 25 minutes halves last night at Railroad Park, then 20 minute halves this morning on the much smaller Lake Park #4 field. Both coaches and managers protested loudly to the tournament officials there - all to no avail. Horribly run tournament so far. Our parents and coach are of the opinion that we won't be involved in any more TFC tournaments in the future. Certainly none run by this TD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie 08/12/12, 03:09 pm

Fourtexans wrote:A total mess. We played 25 minutes halves last night at Railroad Park, then 20 minute halves this morning on the much smaller Lake Park #4 field. Both coaches and managers protested loudly to the tournament officials there - all to no avail. Horribly run tournament so far. Our parents and coach are of the opinion that we won't be involved in any more TFC tournaments in the future. Certainly none run by this TD.

Our feelings exactly
Rookie
Rookie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 08/12/12, 03:17 pm

This TD runs lots of tourneys. Good luck. I've learned to deal with it. Of course complaining on here makes us feel better right?

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by New2thisstuff 08/12/12, 03:19 pm

Try Richland College... two soccer tournaments TFC and a 3 v 3 and 1 restroom with 3 stalls.... add that to the list of complaints please! 45 minute line to go the restroom or more...

New2thisstuff
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie 08/12/12, 03:32 pm

Looking for a parking spot at Richland took longer than our 20 min half
Sad. Just a disappointing tournament experience
Rookie
Rookie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 08/12/12, 03:42 pm

Hadn't heard about the different times being played, that's pretty messed up. I bet some of those games that ended tied or 1-0 wish they would have had an extra 10 minutes. The only complaint I'd heard was from folks playing on field 4 at Lake Park and it being small. Packed box wether you want to or not really.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/12/12, 04:23 pm

Not many goals scored today. Anybody know the score for Mutiny and Cosmos?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingarthur 08/12/12, 07:31 pm

If you think Lake Park #4 was small, McInnish E tonight was even smaller (like a 7 v 7 field). Playing 11 v 11 on that is outright ridiculous and dangerous for the girls. Plus the goal boxes took up half the field... This tournament has truly been a debacle between fields sizes and the inconsistent play times. (And I won't even start on the officiating.)
kingarthur
kingarthur
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 08/12/12, 09:08 pm

Little after 9pm. Almost 1.5 hrs after last game ended. But do we know who is playing tomorrow in bracket D?

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 08/12/12, 10:15 pm

Joe scafone wrote:Little after 9pm. Almost 1.5 hrs after last game ended. But do we know who is playing tomorrow in bracket D?

Sting G advances after Sting Parker beat LP Keegan

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next