North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 6 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Player Movement Coming into U16?

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 6 Empty Re: Player Movement Coming into U16?

Post by Kenshi Dave 13/06/10, 10:41 pm

So from what I hear ...

Sting picked up 1 mid from Solar and 1 defender from Feet.
Texans picked up 1 mid from Feet.
Feet picked up 1 forward from Texans & 3 players from Revolution.
Solar picked up 1 forward from N Tx U.
Did Rev lose some to Lonestars too?
Did N Tx U lose some others too?

Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 6 Empty Re: Player Movement Coming into U16?

Post by transformer 14/06/10, 03:27 pm

Solar also picked up a player who had been playing up with a 94 team. She appears to be a starter.
What about Sting Blue and TFC?

transformer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 14/06/10, 04:41 pm

So from what I hear ...

Sting picked up 1 mid from Solar and 1 defender from Feet.
Texans picked up 1 mid from Feet.
Feet picked up 1 forward from Texans & 3 players from Revolution.
Solar picked up 1 forward from N Tx U & 1 mid from Feet 94.
Did Rev lose some to Lonestars too?
Did N Tx U lose some others too?

TFC and Sting Blue might be a bit insulated from recruitment because they haven't been seen by many of the D1 coaches ...
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by inthenet 14/06/10, 05:17 pm

transformer wrote:Solar also picked up a player who had been playing up with a 94 team. She appears to be a starter.

Just curious, considering we're only in the middle of the month of June, how does one "appear to be a starter"?

inthenet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MauMau 15/06/10, 06:41 am

Seems like as good a place as any to chime in with a Little Sisters of the Poor update. TFC has 6 or 7 of the original girls remaining on the team. Todate we have had no girls depart for "better" teams. We have 2-3 girls that could play for just about anyone, (IMHO).

We're ending the year with 15 returning players having lost one to other activities. So far in June we appear to have picked up 2 very nice additions. I'm thinking that the coming year in DI will be a character builder for the girls. If nothing else, the increased speed of play will continue their development. I don't think there are any unrealistic expectations and DI is what the core girls have been working toward since day one.

Being "insulated" or under the radar for 5 years has served the team well. We remain drama free, players and parents all get along great and our kids continue to develop. What's not to like? It's been a good ride.
Hope everyone gets what they need for the coming season. Let the games begin!
MauMau
MauMau
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MauMau 17/06/10, 07:19 pm

Can I kill a thread or what????
MauMau
MauMau
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 6 Empty Grading the offseason

Post by transformer 30/06/10, 02:40 pm

Sting Sting added more depth by picking up two players who were starters with Solar and Feet. Did they lose anyone? Grade: A
Texans: Texans lost many of their bench players, but they did not lose any starters. Did they Pick up any impact players? Unlike Sting, they really need a couple of more additions. They should have done better. Grade C-
Solar: Solar added two Starters and lost only one impact player. They will be the big surprise on the upside. Grade A
Feet: Feet lost several players. That includes a couple of starters. They added depth. But how much of an impact will they make? Grade C
Revolution: I have heard as many as five players are now with Feet. I doubt that any impact players are replacing them. Grade C-
North Texas United: United lost two impact players and have added a few players, including a Solar player With their core staying together, how much will the new players help? Grade B
Sting Blue: They picked up several players that will help them remain in division 1, where they will be next year, in my opinion. Grade A
TFC: Good core of players remain. They lost a player or two. But have added a couple of players who will help them put up a good fight against relegation. Grade A-
Here are my predictions. Since Lake Highlands matters little to the top teams, I will go with the easy one and pick Sting as the winner of Premier League.
No changes with the top four. You pick the order
The bottom 4 will be a tough fight to stay in division one. If I had to guess, United and TFC go down. Sting Blue is better and Revolution is the expert at fighting relagation.

transformer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 30/06/10, 03:20 pm

inthenet wrote:
transformer wrote:Solar also picked up a player who had been playing up with a 94 team. She appears to be a starter.

Just curious, considering we're only in the middle of the month of June, how does one "appear to be a starter"?
Could be that they are better than the player they currently have in that position. Usually not that hard to tell.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 30/06/10, 09:24 pm

I think you may be underestimating the Feet recruiting effort. I am also very sure you are overestimating Sting B, N TX U, and TFC recruiting ... maybe an "A" compared to the girls that were already on the team, but no doubt few if any of their recruits would make an impact to the top 4 teams if those same recruits had gone there.

When the dust settles:

#1 Sting ... same as it always was ... Sting recruiting may have hurt Feet and Solar more than it helped Sting ... but Sting got 2 great players. Also anxious to see how coaching change meshes with the team. New coach also has a great track record.

#2-4 Texans, Feet, & Solar ... They always finish in that order ... don't expect much to change ... should continue to be great battles between these 3 teams:
Texans will consistently win games ...
Feet will get up for Sting and Texans (but be inconsistent against others) ...
Solar will fight for the #3 spot

#5-8 Sting B, N Tx U, TFC, & Rev ... really won't be able to compete with 1-4.

Are there only going to be 8 teams in 95 D1?
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Stanton 30/06/10, 11:13 pm

Arrogance always comes before the fall. Not sure what it means for the guy that is always second best. Guess we will see soon enough.
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RAYADOS04 30/06/10, 11:44 pm

transformer wrote:Sting Sting added more depth by picking up two players who were starters with Solar and Feet. Did they lose anyone? Grade: A
Texans: Texans lost many of their bench players, but they did not lose any starters. Did they Pick up any impact players? Unlike Sting, they really need a couple of more additions. They should have done better. Grade C-
Solar: Solar added two Starters and lost only one impact player. They will be the big surprise on the upside. Grade A
Feet: Feet lost several players. That includes a couple of starters. They added depth. But how much of an impact will they make? Grade C
Revolution: I have heard as many as five players are now with Feet. I doubt that any impact players are replacing them. Grade C-
North Texas United: United lost two impact players and have added a few players, including a Solar player With their core staying together, how much will the new players help? Grade B
Sting Blue: They picked up several players that will help them remain in division 1, where they will be next year, in my opinion. Grade A
TFC: Good core of players remain. They lost a player or two. But have added a couple of players who will help them put up a good fight against relegation. Grade A-
Here are my predictions. Since Lake Highlands matters little to the top teams, I will go with the easy one and pick Sting as the winner of Premier League.
No changes with the top four. You pick the order
The bottom 4 will be a tough fight to stay in division one. If I had to guess, United and TFC go down. Sting Blue is better and Revolution is the expert at fighting relagation.

Let me guess! You are a Solar parent. Solar added two starters one from United who ended up 1 pt behind Rev. last season, and 'Feet added five starters from Rev. who have been in D1 since U-11. But, yet you give Solar an A and 'Feet a C. Wow!
Now! The five girls from Rev. might not be difference makers, but they sure do give 'Feet the depth they've needed. Which could be enough to push them ahead of Texans.

What I heard is:

-Sting Blue added a player who has been in D1 (ex-Texans, ex-'Feet, at least U-15 Premier and National League experience) since U-11, and another player thats been in D1 for one year. The other 4 or 5 are coming up from D11.
-United or soon to be FC Dallas added a few players who have been in D1 for a couple of seasons, and at least one player thats been in D1 probably since U-11, and if actually from Solar then has Premier League experience.
-TFC added one player that's been in D1 for one year.
-As for Rev., not sure what they've added, but how can you recover from losing 5 D1 starters? They'll most likely be the door mat next season.

RAYADOS04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RAYADOS04 01/07/10, 12:59 am

Arch Stanton wrote:Arrogance always comes before the fall. Not sure what it means for the guy that is always second best. Guess we will see soon enough.

LH 2010 Spring Season ---- Sting 4 - Texans 0; Sting crowned Grand Champions.

2010 Texas State Cup ---- Sting 1 - Texans 0; Sting crowned State Cup Champs.

2010 Regionals ---- Challenge 1 - Texans 0 in group play; Then Sting 5 - Challenge 0 in Semi's; Sting wins Regionals; Need to say more?

Kenshi just doesn't get it. Texans do get credit for taking advantage of Sting's unlucky injuries last Fall. But in the Spring: They lose top spot in LH's, lose to an average Solar team in the Spring, tie Sting Blue DII in group play and are fortunate to advance at State Cup, and a poor showing at Regionals. But, they are headed to Nationals. Go figure.

RAYADOS04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gdubya 01/07/10, 09:32 am

Arch Stanton wrote:Arrogance always comes before the fall. Not sure what it means for the guy that is always second best. Guess we will see soon enough.
No pun intended....but that one Stings a little.... Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 6 Icon_twisted
gdubya
gdubya
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by transformer 01/07/10, 11:37 am

When it comes to the top 4 teams, it matters more if they pick up difference makers, not depth. But depth is important.

Sting was in the position to pick up depth and difference makers with the same players
MY GRADE STAYS THE SAME A

Texans on the other hand Texans lost most of their depth and didn't
pick up any impact players. They may be a surprise on the
downside.
MY GRADE DOES NOT CHANGE FOR THE TEXANS C-

Feet appears to have kept up their core and picked up mostly
depth but not as many impact players. Maybe a couple.
Feet may very well take over that second spot.
CORRECTION a B+ is probably a better grade.

Solar Picked up two very strong players and lost only one. In
other words, they got better. Solar may also battle for that
second spot.
MY GRADE STAYS THE SAME A

The grades for the bottom 4 were based on where there were at the end
of the season and whether they got stronger, not based on how well they
will stand up against the top 4.

transformer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 01/07/10, 12:49 pm

Trans ... got ya ... makes perfect sense after upgrading Feet. Not sure about Texans losing "all their depth" ... they lost only one player that came off the bench to make an impact (and I think she will be missed at forward).

Arch, GW, & Ray ... Can you guys actually read? My post clearly puts Sting head of Texans and on par with Solar & Feet ... that is not arrogance ... I think that is pretty humble since Texans finished #2 in LH, won Premier League and won National League.

I guess it's the comment on bottom 4 teams that elicited the "arrogance" comment ...

To put it in perspective, last year's bottom 4 teams played a total of 56 games in LHD1 and between the 4 won a total of only 9 games (16% winning ratio ... that's 84% of their games that they did not win) ... The 9 wins that the bottom 4 did achieve were only against each other. None of the "bottom 4" beat a "top 4" team all year and the bottom 4 had a combined goal differencial of -102.

You can call it arrogance or you can simply look at the facts ... I guess we'll find out in the Fall.

Last edited by Kenshi Dave on 01/07/10, 02:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Squanto 01/07/10, 01:35 pm

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 6 Icon_redface

Last edited by Squanto on 01/07/10, 01:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong TFC)

Squanto
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by metro 01/07/10, 01:49 pm

Squanto wrote:By the looks of things D'Feeters deserve a higher grade than TFC. D'Feeters convincingly beat TFC twice this weekend on the way to claiming the Kyle Owens Classic Championship.

D'Feeters beat TFC Blue (PPL1 4th place) not TFC 95.
1st game was 1-0 at half end 5-0
2nd game was 0-0 at half end 5-0 (TFC Blue had 3 very good chances to score but did not convert)
metro
metro
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gdubya 01/07/10, 01:58 pm

Kenshi Dave wrote:Trans ... got ya ... makes perfect sense after upgrading Feet. Not sure about Texans losing "all their depth" ... they lost only one player that came off the bench to make an impact (and I think she will be missed at forward).

GW & Ray ... Can you guys actually read? My post clearly puts Sting head of Texans and on par with Solar & Feet ... that is not arrogance ... I think that is pretty humble since Texans finished #2 in LH, won Premier League and won National League.

I guess it's the comment on bottom 4 teams that elicited the "arrogance" comment ...

To put it in perspective, last year's bottom 4 teams played a total of 56 games in LHD1 and between the 4 won a total of only 9 games (16% winning ratio ... that's 84% of their games that they did not win) ... The 9 wins that the bottom 4 did achieve were only against each other. None of the "bottom 4" beat a "top 4" team all year and the bottom 4 had a combined goal differencial of -102.

You can call it arrogance or you can simply look at the facts ... I guess we'll find out in the Fall.
WTF, man? I didn't call you arrogant....Arch did....I was just laughing about it because it's true.
gdubya
gdubya
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 01/07/10, 02:06 pm

Interesting thread since nothing else is going on but like Kenshi pointed out we will see in the Fall. More than likely the U16 year will have some great games between everyone in D1. The battle for dominance among the top four will certainly be hotly contested as I believe that each of the top four picked up some good additions to their existing squads and by this age all the girls can play some soccer. I think we will be in for some very exciting games and can't wait to watch the progression of the skills the girls will have on display for us spectators during the U16 year. BTW, I don't think the TFC team we faced during the Kyle Owen tournament was the same TFC team that is coming into D1 but I may be wrong. Oh yeah, just for the record we picked up some very good players this year and everybody better look out for us by the time State Cup rolls around next year Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 6 Icon_lol
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 01/07/10, 02:30 pm

Sorry GW ... I thought Arch, GW and Ray were all the same person.
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 01/07/10, 02:42 pm

Per the TFC discussion in DI - State Cup results from head to head:
D'feeters 4-0 over TFC
TFC 1-0 over Sting West
TFC 2-2 Ft Worth United (now Solar Red)
TFC is on par with the DIII champions, not DI Top 4
The battle for 2nd place in DI (between 3 teams), and a battle for 5th place and to stay out of relegation zone.
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gdubya 01/07/10, 02:45 pm

Kenshi Dave wrote:Sorry GW ... I thought Arch, GW and Ray were all the same person.
Oh, no. Never met Ray, but I'm much better looking than Arch.
gdubya
gdubya
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Stanton 01/07/10, 02:51 pm

gdubya wrote:
Kenshi Dave wrote:Sorry GW ... I thought Arch, GW and Ray were all the same person.
Oh, no. Never met Ray, but I'm much better looking than Arch.
That's not too hard to pull off. But be proud I guess.
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 02/07/10, 12:00 pm

Man I'm glad we can put signing day behind us now...Feet going into U16 with 10 returning players from last year's roster and 7 new players. I'm a little nervous going into U16 with a roster of 17 but hey no guts no glory right? Whazzup with everybody else? Anyone carrying more than 18 or less than 16?
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 02/07/10, 01:31 pm

Texans 18 including 2 Keepers ... 8 from original U11 Roster ... 14 from U15 roster (all starters from U15 returning).

Feet 17 including 2 Keepers ... 4 from original U11 Roster ... 10 from U15 roster.

Stats on other 95 teams?
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by RAYADOS04 02/07/10, 02:14 pm

[quote="Kenshi Dave"]Trans ... got ya ... makes perfect sense after upgrading Feet. Not sure about Texans losing "all their depth" ... they lost only one player that came off the bench to make an impact (and I think she will be missed at forward).

Arch, GW, & Ray ... Can you guys actually read? My post clearly puts Sting head of Texans and on par with Solar & Feet ... that is not arrogance ... I think that is pretty humble since Texans finished #2 in LH, won Premier League and won National League. You are so humble! Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes

Yes Kenshi, I can read. You are so silly, but I still think you are "ignorant", oops sorry I mean "arrogant". Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 6 Icon_smile Now, let me help you a little bit with your "fuzzy" math, and make things a little bit more clear.

The dominant variable in your win/lose math is the 0 wins and 13 loses for Solar Red who was the "doormat" last season. As for your goal differential math, you forgot to mention that Solar Red accounted for GF - 3 and GA - 56. Plus, don't forget that Sting West and NTXU both had ties against teams in the top four. But, then of course your "arrogance" won't allow you to give credit, since it was only against 'Feet and Solar. Right?

Fact to the matter is that if the same bottom four teams were coming back to D1, and there was no shuffling of players then your math (predictions) would make more sense. Perhaps, one of the current bottom four teams will prove that point next season.

Kenshi, just remember many of the girls playing at this level are on teams with perhaps not the same number of caliber players as the top four, but that does not mean that they can't compete with your DD or the other players.

Let me remind you again:

LH 2010 Spring Season ---- Sting 4 - Texans 0; Sting crowned Grand Champions.

2010 Texas State Cup ---- Sting 1 - Texans 0; Sting crowned State Cup Champs.

2010 Regionals ---- Challenge 1 - Texans 0 in group play; Then Sting 5 - Challenge 0 in Semi's; Sting wins Regionals; Need to say more?

Sting is clearly in a league of their own!!

RAYADOS04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next