North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Player Movement Coming into U16?

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 2 Empty Re: Player Movement Coming into U16?

Post by brokedawg 29/04/10, 08:25 am

I think more players should try out for the top teams. I don't think much time would have to be invested IF they weren't able to make the squads as the coaches would give them evaluations within a couple of practices. Not really much to lose and much to gain IF they could make a top squad IMHO. Shoot, prepare your dd for the worst case scenario and go for it!!!

brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 2 Empty Re: Player Movement Coming into U16?

Post by AgGermany 29/04/10, 09:49 am

Really, I don't know what this means:
"There are still a few players at the bottom of Div I and Div II who could play on the Top 4, but lack the confidence." -Transformer
Lack confidence in what? A player with skill and ability has the confidence in their own skill and ability, there is no difference in using their skill versus DII or Top DI?
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 29/04/10, 09:54 am

I think it is just another one of those girl things Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Stanton 29/04/10, 10:12 am

brokedawg wrote:I think more players should try out for the top teams. I don't think much time would have to be invested IF they weren't able to make the squads as the coaches would give them evaluations within a couple of practices. Not really much to lose and much to gain IF they could make a top squad IMHO. Shoot, prepare your dd for the worst case scenario and go for it!!!

I agree with you Dawg, but you can either go try-out for a top team or become a top team. Nothing wrong with working your way into the big time. Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 2 Icon_wink
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 29/04/10, 10:24 am

Arch Stanton wrote:
brokedawg wrote:I think more players should try out for the top teams. I don't think much time would have to be invested IF they weren't able to make the squads as the coaches would give them evaluations within a couple of practices. Not really much to lose and much to gain IF they could make a top squad IMHO. Shoot, prepare your dd for the worst case scenario and go for it!!!

I agree with you Dawg, but you can either go try-out for a top team or become a top team. Nothing wrong with working your way into the big time. Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 2 Icon_wink
Nope, nothing wrong at all with working your way to the top but you always up against time and have to remember the top teams aren't going to stand still and wait. Seems like yesterday we were all kicking around in the academy section and now we are debating college recruiting tactics etc. Man, I'm feeling old Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 2 Affraid
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 29/04/10, 11:44 am

OK Arch, what is with the FC Dallas Avatar???
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Stanton 29/04/10, 12:21 pm

Check your PM. Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 2 Icon_wink
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 29/04/10, 12:36 pm

OK Arch....so what's with the FC Dallas avatar?
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Stanton 29/04/10, 01:19 pm

Just playing around with my pics this morning. I found an old Clint and am back in business.
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RAYADOS04 29/04/10, 01:25 pm

transformer wrote:Cost is an issue, but another problem is the parents lack of
confidence in their dd playing at the elite level. Unless
the club shows interest, most won't just reach out to the top teams.

On the other hand, the bottom players on the top teams tend hang on as
longas possible, until they are cut or the dd realizes they are not able to
contribute and quits altogether. What I have seen is that MOST won't
drop to a lesser team. The ones that stick around just enjoy the ride.
So is it sentiment or lack of options that keep the bottom players around. Say
what you want, there is a drop off in talent with DTR, Feet, and Solar
after # 13/14. It's relative, but there are a couple that would
struggle to get major minutes on even a middle Div 1 team..

There are still a few players at the bottom of Div I
and Div II who could play on the Top 4, but lack the confidence.

Re: the first post, Revolution finally appears to be ready for
implosion. Revolution is for sure losing 4 or 5 of their top players.
Their forward will land at Feet and the ball thrower and keeper are
headed south to the Lonestars.

A very unfortunate situation for Rev.. In the 2007 - 2008 season they recruited well including some of those girls mentioned. Going into the 2008 Spring season they were on the verge of taking the fourth spot and perhaps the 3rd spot in LH D1.

LH Fall 2007

Rev 1 - 0 'Feet; Rev 2 - 0 Texans Red

Which would have put them in Premier League the following season, but instead Solar Red won that spot with a tie breaker. Rev seemed to have gained all the right pieces to better compete against the top 3 elite teams in D1, but they did lose a good player going into the Spring season.

Lonestar will definitely benefit from these top players, and 'Feet will gain more depth.

RAYADOS04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 29/04/10, 01:52 pm

RAY Wrote: A very unfortunate situation for Rev.. In the 2007 - 2008 season they recruited well including some of those girls mentioned.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that recruiting was the end of Waco United 95. Guess what goes around comes around.

Last edited by justfurkicks on 29/04/10, 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beaver 29/04/10, 04:06 pm

justfurkicks wrote:RAY Wrote: A very unfortunate situation for Rev.. In the 2007 - 2008 season they recruited well including some of those girls mentioned.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so was the end of Waco United 95. Guess what goes around comes around.

So what happens to the D1 bye for Rev?
The Beaver
The Beaver
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferris 29/04/10, 05:21 pm

The Beaver wrote:
The way I read the LHGCL rules, it seems to me that unless the team implodes to the point that 75% of the girls leave "together" for another team/club,then the CLUB retains the bye. The rules specifically state that there is no minimum number of players that have to be kept in order to retain the bye (no more N+1). In this case Revolution would retain the bye despite a fair amount of potential "implosion" and potentially, a weakened team remains in D1 (similar to Solar Red last year).

It also doesn't seem to matter if Revolution is merging (or not) with FC Dallas as has been speculated. The club still retains the bye. Essentially, FC Dallas can "buy" the bye into D1 by merging with Revolution as long as 75% of the girls don't leave en masse to another team altogether (which from the other comments seems not to be the case...rather that the girls who are leaving are going to multiple other destinations). That's the way I read it anyway....other thoughts?
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 29/04/10, 05:47 pm

Ferris wrote:
The Beaver wrote:
The way I read the LHGCL rules, it seems to me that unless the team implodes to the point that 75% of the girls leave "together" for another team/club,then the CLUB retains the bye. The rules specifically state that there is no minimum number of players that have to be kept in order to retain the bye (no more N+1). In this case Revolution would retain the bye despite a fair amount of potential "implosion" and potentially, a weakened team remains in D1 (similar to Solar Red last year).

It also doesn't seem to matter if Revolution is merging (or not) with FC Dallas as has been speculated. The club still retains the bye. Essentially, FC Dallas can "buy" the bye into D1 by merging with Revolution as long as 75% of the girls don't leave en masse to another team altogether (which from the other comments seems not to be the case...rather that the girls who are leaving are going to multiple other destinations). That's the way I read it anyway....other thoughts?

Not sure why they would do it but if FCD absorbs Revolution they could simply promote the current FCD Red to D1.
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 30/04/10, 09:50 am

All of this comes down to "fit" variables right:

• Funds available ($1,800- $7,000)
  • Geography (gas, time, stress)
  • Team make-up (needs, personalities, parents, club)
  • Coaching
  • Dedication of the player to building their game.
  • Opportunity to play (to start, play in high Div, PL,...)

If these variables are "well out of wack" it is the wrong move, like a team keeping their shape on the field!
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Stanton 30/04/10, 10:01 am

AgGermany wrote:All of this comes down to "fit" variables right:

• Coaching

If these variables are "well out of wack" it is the wrong move, like a team keeping their shape on the field!

I think another variable is where your kid wants to go/play in college. For example if my kid wants to go to Baylor then I don't see the benefit of going to Vegas or Disney, etc. Waco is 90 miles away and I'm not sure that coach would fly out to one of these showcases to watch a kid who plays 20 times a year next door to him. It's seems it would be easier to play local showcases and sign up for the summer camp in Waco. I realize on the flipside if your kid wants to go to North Carolina then that coach probably won't be at the Texas Shoot-out. Just my 2 cents.
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 30/04/10, 10:23 am

Ok, we'll add this to the mix to clarify...

• Coaching
  • Showcase abilities to college coaches in different regions

• AgGermany
    AgGermany
    TxSoccer Postmaster
    TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 30/04/10, 12:55 pm

Arch Stanton wrote: I think another variable is where your kid wants to go/play in college. For example if my kid wants to go to Baylor then I don't see the benefit of going to Vegas or Disney, etc. Waco is 90 miles away and I'm not sure that coach would fly out to one of these showcases to watch a kid who plays 20 times a year next door to him. It's seems it would be easier to play local showcases and sign up for the summer camp in Waco. I realize on the flipside if your kid wants to go to North Carolina then that coach probably won't be at the Texas Shoot-out. Just my 2 cents.
    If you want to stay local, then maybe just doing the Houston Shootout is ok. But I know that SMU, TCU, UT, A&M and probably Baylor, also had coaches at Disney and the Final Four Showcases. I don't know about Vegas. We didn't go. Those showcases are not the only way to have a coach look at your kid but they are a pretty good way.

By the way, if your dd wants to go to NC, you better contact them. They're not going out scouting randomly. They don't need to.
    Uncle Numanga
    Uncle Numanga
    TxSoccer Author
    TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by transformer 30/04/10, 06:08 pm

Kicks: "Not sure why they would do it but if FCD absorbs Revolution they could simply promote the current FCD Red to D1."

My Belief: United is now in the FCD picture. That is what Arch was hinting at, but not on purpose Cool So why would FCD Red players go to Revolution minus its core players rather than merge its stronger players with United. I predict that is what will happen.

I also predict that Revolution is done. At best they will be like Solar Red.

transformer
    TxSoccer Poster
    TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 30/04/10, 07:20 pm

transformer wrote:Kicks: "Not sure why they would do it but if FCD absorbs Revolution they could simply promote the current FCD Red to D1."

My Belief: United is now in the FCD picture. That is what Arch was hinting at, but not on purpose Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 2 Icon_cool So why would FCD Red players go to Revolution minus its core players rather than merge its stronger players with United. I predict that is what will happen.

Aha! Or as they used to say on Laugh In......veeeeeery interesting. If that happens then FCD has 2 D1 byes as well as a D2 bye.

.............sounds of footsteps running towards FCD.
    justfurkicks
    justfurkicks
    TxSoccer Postmaster
    TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by locomotion 01/05/10, 02:09 pm

justfurkicks wrote:
    transformer wrote:Kicks: "Not sure why they would do it but if FCD absorbs Revolution they could simply promote the current FCD Red to D1."

My Belief: United is now in the FCD picture. That is what Arch was hinting at, but not on purpose Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 2 Icon_cool So why would FCD Red players go to Revolution minus its core players rather than merge its stronger players with United. I predict that is what will happen.

Aha! Or as they used to say on Laugh In......veeeeeery interesting. If that happens then FCD has 2 D1 byes as well as a D2 bye.

Nope, I think you will find that NTX United will take the spot INSTEAD of Rev.

Looks like FC Dallas may finally have been able to buy a D1 spot. They certainly haven't been able to grow one. Any time a team has gotten close, they drive the team away...
    Sounds of footsteps of FC Dallas running toward another club, to buy them... Very Happy

locomotion
    TxSoccer Postmaster
    TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.sportsmobility.net

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 01/05/10, 08:15 pm

locomotion wrote:
    justfurkicks wrote:

Looks like FC Dallas may finally have been able to buy a D1 spot. They certainly haven't been able to grow one. Any time a team has gotten close, they drive the team away...
    Sounds of footsteps of FC Dallas running toward another club, to buy them... Very Happy

But my understanding is that Both NTX United and Revolution have D1 byes. If FCD absorbs/buys both then they will have both D1 byes and the D2 bye actually earned by FCD Red. FCD is then free to use those byes in any fashion they desire. At that point actual players mean nothing since the club has all the power.

Was this really the intent of the new rules when the N+1 was changed ?

Am I thinking incorrectly ?
    justfurkicks
    justfurkicks
    TxSoccer Postmaster
    TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by locomotion 02/05/10, 01:06 am

justfurkicks wrote:
    locomotion wrote:
    justfurkicks wrote:

But my understanding is that Both NTX United and Revolution have D1 byes. If FCD absorbs/buys both then they will have both D1 byes and the D2 bye actually earned by FCD Red. FCD is then free to use those byes in any fashion they desire. At that point actual players mean nothing since the club has all the power.

No, you are thinking correctly. I just think they will only buy one D1 bye. Why buy two byes?

locomotion
    TxSoccer Postmaster
    TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TX Cole 03/05/10, 01:43 am

locomotion wrote:
    justfurkicks wrote:
    locomotion wrote:
    justfurkicks wrote:

No, you are thinking correctly. I just think they will only buy one D1 bye. Why buy two byes?

With NTX United they pick up the 1 95 D1 bye, a 95 plano team and D3 99.
    With Rev, they get 2 D1 spots on the boys side (94,98) and 3 D1 spots on the girls side(95, 96, 99) plus a D2 (98's) and a D3 (97's)
    With the two clubs, FC Dallas picks up12 teams plus the academy players, a revenue stream of over $450,000.00 for next year. This move is not just for the 95 teams. If the whole club doesn't merge it takes 75% of the players coming back for the bye to follow the team.

TX Cole
    TxSoccer Lurker
    TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by dumbdad9596 03/05/10, 07:22 am

If I were FCD, I would be negotiating with both. FCD can play the two clubs against each other. If FCD can get a good enough package from each, they certainly can take both. With the obvious exception of the D'Feeters, all the clubs would welcome more than one D1 spot.

If Rev is asking for too much, FCD can say that they have the immediate 95G ECNL problem solved and if NTXU wants too much then FCD has Rev.

Given the $$$ required for ECNL it might make sense to have two D1 teams to pull from if the rules allow it.
    dumbdad9596
    dumbdad9596
    TxSoccer Postmaster
    TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by locomotion 03/05/10, 09:28 pm

TX Cole wrote:
    With NTX United they pick up the 1 95 D1 bye, a 95 plano team and D3 99.
    With Rev, they get 2 D1 spots on the boys side (94,98) and 3 D1 spots on the girls side(95, 96, 99) plus a D2 (98's) and a D3 (97's)
    With the two clubs, FC Dallas picks up12 teams plus the academy players, a revenue stream of over $450,000.00 for next year. This move is not just for the 95 teams. If the whole club doesn't merge it takes 75% of the players coming back for the bye to follow the team.
    Agreed. I don't think it would be without the whole club going over... we shall see. I have no inside knowledge, just the feeling that Arch gave us a taste of what's to come.

locomotion
    TxSoccer Postmaster
    TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next