North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Player Movement Coming into U16?

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 3 Empty Re: Player Movement Coming into U16?

Post by locomotion 03/05/10, 09:28 pm

TX Cole wrote:
With NTX United they pick up the 1 95 D1 bye, a 95 plano team and D3 99.
With Rev, they get 2 D1 spots on the boys side (94,98) and 3 D1 spots on the girls side(95, 96, 99) plus a D2 (98's) and a D3 (97's)
With the two clubs, FC Dallas picks up12 teams plus the academy players, a revenue stream of over $450,000.00 for next year. This move is not just for the 95 teams. If the whole club doesn't merge it takes 75% of the players coming back for the bye to follow the team.
Agreed. I don't think it would be without the whole club going over... we shall see. I have no inside knowledge, just the feeling that Arch gave us a taste of what's to come.

locomotion
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.sportsmobility.net

Back to top Go down

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 3 Empty Re: Player Movement Coming into U16?

Post by famsoccerfan 04/05/10, 03:50 pm

Doesn't NTX United also have a 98 Team? Are they not part of the merger?
famsoccerfan
famsoccerfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dumbdad9596 04/05/10, 05:15 pm

We don't know if a merger is going to happen or not. But we do enjoy speculating.
dumbdad9596
dumbdad9596
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pitchboy 04/05/10, 05:41 pm

famsoccerfan wrote:Doesn't NTX United also have a 98 Team? Are they not part of the merger?
Yes United has a 98 team
pitchboy
pitchboy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NTXSOCCERALLTHEWAY 12/05/10, 09:45 pm

Tx Red North, will have a couple of needs not many.
ASG, looking to upgrade will be a player
Tx Spirit, may be the most impacted, will have several openings.
NTX Strikers, not really a player, not much change.

NTXSOCCERALLTHEWAY
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by runForrestrun 12/05/10, 11:42 pm

NTXSOCCERALLTHEWAY wrote:Tx Red North, will have a couple of needs not many.
Interesting....I have heard that ASG is losing at least a few of their players including some of their better players.
Why mention these four teams and not others playing in D2 next year; Sting Royal, those being demoted from D1 and promoted from D3?
runForrestrun
runForrestrun
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by NTXSOCCERALLTHEWAY 13/05/10, 07:25 am

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 3 Affraid How did I forget Sting Royal, BB will have that team rolling and should be the top of that division. Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 3 Fresse
The teams being relagated will not be players in D2

NTXSOCCERALLTHEWAY
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 13/05/10, 08:05 pm

would be very interested in your take on Tx Spirit. If you dont want to post it, PM me. I havent heard of many places being vacated at all actually.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTXSOCCERALLTHEWAY 13/05/10, 08:43 pm

As you know, what players and parents say at this time is not necessarily what is actually going on. Some of my information does come from a few coaches that have already had serious conversations with some players that they have targeted and have made some offers, on a few teams.
But then again things do change, June will be the true story, I would just not go by what people say.

NTXSOCCERALLTHEWAY
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by runForrestrun 13/05/10, 08:51 pm

BigBoy wrote:

would be very interested in your take on Tx Spirit. If you dont want to post it, PM me. I havent heard of many places being vacated at all actually.

Yes I too would be interested. My first take on this post is that it is an ASG parent looking to take some Spirit girls. Trying to spread some doubt and nervousness on the Spirit team. Seems to me that Spirit was on a up swing once again. Why not keep the ball rolling
runForrestrun
runForrestrun
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 13/05/10, 09:07 pm

runForrestrun wrote:
BigBoy wrote:
Tx Spirit, may be the most impacted, will have several openings.Ma

Yes I too would be interested. My first take on this post is that it is an ASG parent looking to take some Spirit girls. Trying to spread some doubt and nervousness on the Spirit team. Seems to me that Spirit was on a up swing once again. Why not keep the ball rolling

I agree. Coach Keri has every one believing. Dont expect many changes at all. Course.....I have been surprised before.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 14/05/10, 11:01 am

So... NTXsoccer, what you are saying is not actually going on?
I do agree that June will be the real Story, and validated in July...

"As you know, what players and parents say at this time is not necessarily what is actually going on. Some of my information does come from a few coaches that have already had serious conversations with some players that they have targeted and have made some offers, on a few teams.
But then again things do change, June will be the true story, I would just not go by what people say"
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 14/05/10, 11:27 am

NTXSOCCERALLTHEWAY wrote:As you know, what players and parents say at this time is not necessarily what is actually going on. Some of my information does come from a few coaches that have already had serious conversations with some players that they have targeted and have made some offers, on a few teams.
But then again things do change, June will be the true story, I would just not go by what people say.

I am not a good poker player, but I do play and have played a bunch. One of the things you do in Hold'em is to read the players. I am reading that you are a coach. And I am guessing that I know you, and that you are just taking a stab at things. Let do this.....lets not stir things up for the heck of it....k? I could be wrong....but I dont think I am.

TRN has its issue....its called "THE COACH"

ASG has a good core of players, but needs to be rounded out big time. going to be hard to recruit to them.

Spirit has a strong team, and I dont expect them to lose many at all. Should contend for top DII next year.

Sting Royal....BB has them playing well also, and THEY should contend for a top spot.

What will happen to Sting West and Solar Red??? Do those ladies want to stay in DI???? I dunno. We will see.

Did someone mention Strikers? They may lose a keeper, but until they get a different coach (not likely) it will be hard for them to recruit, so until then, they are a 1 lady show. Shut her down, they got nothing. Sorry....facts are facts.

Have a beautiful day! Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 3 Icon_cheers
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Stanton 14/05/10, 11:43 am

BigBoy wrote:
NTXSOCCERALLTHEWAY wrote:As you know, what players and parents say at this time is not necessarily what is actually going on. Some of my information does come from a few coaches that have already had serious conversations with some players that they have targeted and have made some offers, on a few teams.

I am not a good poker player, but I do play and have played a bunch. One of the things you do in Hold'em is to read the players. I am reading that you are a coach. And I am guessing that I know you, and that you are just taking a stab at things. Let do this.....lets not stir things up for the heck of it....k? I could be wrong....but I dont think I am.

TRN has its issue....its called "THE COACH"

ASG has a good core of players, but needs to be rounded out big time. going to be hard to recruit to them.

Spirit has a strong team, and I dont expect them to lose many at all. Should contend for top DII next year.

Sting Royal....BB has them playing well also, and THEY should contend for a top spot.

What will happen to Sting West and Solar Red??? Do those ladies want to stay in DI???? I dunno. We will see.

Did someone mention Strikers? They may lose a keeper, but until they get a different coach (not likely) it will be hard for them to recruit, so until then, they are a 1 lady show. Shut her down, they got nothing. Sorry....facts are facts.

Have a beautiful day! Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 3 Icon_cheers

There will be many good options for those players wanting to stay in D1 or move up from D2. Roster sizes do go up next year to 22 although I think most teams will stay 18-20. I think clubs that can offer excellent training and an ECNL bid should benefit the most from any player movement. June will certainly be a busy month and good luck to all in improving the roster.
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 14/05/10, 11:09 pm

Let's have 2 short case studies here... Sting Blue won DIII, then won DII promoted to DI now... How did they build their roster over the 2 years?
Obviously the Sting Blue Roster up from DIII must have added offense to their roster, is that true? or was it developed with players who won DIII?

Before that FWFC won promoted From DIII to DII and then to DI, now down to DII and to DIII... what happened to their roster in those years?
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by whoswe 16/05/10, 07:52 pm

justfurkicks wrote:
locomotion wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:
transformer wrote:Kicks: "Not sure why they would do it but if FCD absorbs Revolution they could simply promote the current FCD Red to D1."

My Belief: United is now in the FCD picture. That is what Arch was hinting at, but not on purpose Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 3 Icon_cool So why would FCD Red players go to Revolution minus its core players rather than merge its stronger players with United. I predict that is what will happen.

I also predict that Revolution is done. At best they will be like Solar Red.

Aha! Or as they used to say on Laugh In......veeeeeery interesting. If that happens then FCD has 2 D1 byes as well as a D2 bye.

.............sounds of footsteps running towards FCD.
Nope, I think you will find that NTX United will take the spot INSTEAD of Rev.

Looks like FC Dallas may finally have been able to buy a D1 spot. They certainly haven't been able to grow one. Any time a team has gotten close, they drive the team away...
Sounds of footsteps of FC Dallas running toward another club, to buy them... Very Happy

But my understanding is that Both NTX United and Revolution have D1 byes. If FCD absorbs/buys both then they will have both D1 byes and the D2 bye actually earned by FCD Red. FCD is then free to use those byes in any fashion they desire. At that point actual players mean nothing since the club has all the power.

Was this really the intent of the new rules when the N+1 was changed ?

Am I thinking incorrectly ?

whoswe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 3 Empty D3 to D1

Post by dumbdad9596 16/05/10, 08:48 pm

AgGermany the Sting Blue travels are well covered in the 94 forum D3 to D1 is it a marathon thread.
dumbdad9596
dumbdad9596
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 16/05/10, 09:42 pm

whoswe wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:
locomotion wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:
transformer wrote:Kicks: "Not sure why they would do it but if FCD absorbs Revolution they could simply promote the current FCD Red to D1."

My Belief: United is now in the FCD picture. That is what Arch was hinting at, but not on purpose Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 3 Icon_cool So why would FCD Red players go to Revolution minus its core players rather than merge its stronger players with United. I predict that is what will happen.

I also predict that Revolution is done. At best they will be like Solar Red.

Aha! Or as they used to say on Laugh In......veeeeeery interesting. If that happens then FCD has 2 D1 byes as well as a D2 bye.

.............sounds of footsteps running towards FCD.
Nope, I think you will find that NTX United will take the spot INSTEAD of Rev.

Looks like FC Dallas may finally have been able to buy a D1 spot. They certainly haven't been able to grow one. Any time a team has gotten close, they drive the team away...
Sounds of footsteps of FC Dallas running toward another club, to buy them... Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

But my understanding is that Both NTX United and Revolution have D1 byes. If FCD absorbs/buys both then they will have both D1 byes and the D2 bye actually earned by FCD Red. FCD is then free to use those byes in any fashion they desire. At that point actual players mean nothing since the club has all the power.

Was this really the intent of the new rules when the N+1 was changed ?

Am I thinking incorrectly ?

Odd.....I heard it was for sure NTXU. What gives? Will someone who we all know to be associated with one or the other speak up please?
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beaver 16/05/10, 11:21 pm

Take a deep breath and look at previous posts were BOTH teams are merging.

Try and imagine a world where revolution becomes FC Dallas South, and NTX united becomes FC Dallas. Two separate teams combined with FCD Red to form one superbad all-star ECNL team. Got it? Now bring me a cheeseburger and fries. geek
The Beaver
The Beaver
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by locomotion 16/05/10, 11:41 pm

The Beaver wrote:Take a deep breath and look at previous posts were BOTH teams are merging.

Try and imagine a world where revolution becomes FC Dallas South, and NTX united becomes FC Dallas. Two separate teams combined with FCD Red to form one superbad all-star ECNL team. Got it? Now bring me a cheeseburger and fries. geek
I think you will find that Rev will stay Rev. Turns out that Lake Highlands has clarified the rules. For the team to keep it's bye, they must bring 75% of the previous roster with them. Even in the case of a merger. Wasn't my previous understanding of the rule, but as that is what has been stated by LHGCL, Rev will have to stay Rev in order to keep the bye.

I believe that NTXU will keep 75% in a move to FC Dallas, so if anyone goes, I suspect that it will be them.

locomotion
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.sportsmobility.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 17/05/10, 07:06 am

locomotion wrote:
The Beaver wrote:Take a deep breath and look at previous posts were BOTH teams are merging.

Try and imagine a world where revolution becomes FC Dallas South, and NTX united becomes FC Dallas. Two separate teams combined with FCD Red to form one superbad all-star ECNL team. Got it? Now bring me a cheeseburger and fries. Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 3 Icon_geek
I think you will find that Rev will stay Rev. Turns out that Lake Highlands has clarified the rules. For the team to keep it's bye, they must bring 75% of the previous roster with them. Even in the case of a merger. Wasn't my previous understanding of the rule, but as that is what has been stated by LHGCL, Rev will have to stay Rev in order to keep the bye.

I believe that NTXU will keep 75% in a move to FC Dallas, so if anyone goes, I suspect that it will be them.

well that would be tough for Rev....hearing their ladies showing up all over.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by whoswe 17/05/10, 08:38 am

BigBoy wrote:
locomotion wrote:

Try and imagine a world where revolution becomes FC Dallas South, and NTX united becomes FC Dallas. Two separate teams combined with FCD Red to form one superbad all-star ECNL team. Got it? Now bring me a cheeseburger and fries. Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 3 Icon_geek

whoswe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja 17/05/10, 09:37 am

Here is the situation at Revolution Premier. The club will be merging with FCD in the fall. United's decision will not affect ours. Our 95s will maintain their bye into DI. You will all have to wait until the ECNL "season" to get a true look at the FCD team. Don't be so sure you know where our all of our departures will land. Some coaches may be pretty surprised. Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 3 Icon_scratch On the other side, our team picture (like many others) will come into focus after Houston (June). Feel free to PM me with specific questions.

Ninja
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 17/05/10, 10:26 am

whoswe wrote:
BigBoy wrote:
locomotion wrote:

I actually hope you are right. But I count two going to Lonstar and 1 hanging up the club cleats and concentrating on school soccer. So those three are not showing up anywhere ( Or are they ? hmmm ) If 4 others are showing up other places it might be hard to keep the 13 or 14 needed .
The Soap Opera that is North Texas Soccer continues.
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by whoswe 17/05/10, 10:51 am

justfurkicks wrote:
whoswe wrote:
BigBoy wrote:
locomotion wrote:

I actually hope you are right. But I count two going to Lonstar and 1 hanging up the club cleats and concentrating on school soccer. So those three are not showing up anywhere ( Or are they ? hmmm ) If 4 others are showing up other places it might be hard to keep the 13 or 14 needed .
The Soap Opera that is North Texas Soccer continues.

whoswe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by transformer 17/05/10, 04:54 pm

From last I heard, it is 5 or 6. But it is not the number of players that revolution will lose. It is the quality of players that they will lose.

transformer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next