North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09'sYesterday at 06:03 pmacst
C'mon 11's Yesterday at 05:52 pmacst
RSC 08ClarkYesterday at 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTXYesterday at 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:43 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:36 pmFSFFL
BVB 09B29/05/24, 06:21 pmBdavis
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players29/05/24, 06:18 amMarvelousmar
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players25/05/24, 05:38 pmfcpcoach
BVB 10G GA & FDL Tryouts24/05/24, 09:54 amshutout
Dallas Texans 2009G Opportunities (2 Leagues)23/05/24, 11:41 pmJumpman
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 23/05/24, 02:25 pmDallas Texans East
INDOOR PRACTICE TONIGHT 5/22 (RENEGADES PEREZ) GCL ELITE22/05/24, 03:53 pmNickicharriere
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205220 messages in 32003 subjects

Player Movement Coming into U16?

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 4 Empty Re: Player Movement Coming into U16?

Post by transformer 17/05/10, 04:54 pm

From last I heard, it is 5 or 6. But it is not the number of players that revolution will lose. It is the quality of players that they will lose.

transformer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 4 Empty Re: Player Movement Coming into U16?

Post by locomotion 17/05/10, 06:15 pm

If they don't move until after the fall season starts, then they get to keep the bye AND move. Smart move Ninja... :-) Good for them.

locomotion
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.sportsmobility.net

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 17/05/10, 06:18 pm

transformer wrote:From last I heard, it is 5 or 6. But it is not the number of players that revolution will lose. It is the quality of players that they will lose.

Not wishing anything on anybody but if Revolution doesn't keep 75% there are several things that happen that might influence the decisions of those players looking at options.

As I see it ( plese correct me if my mind is not thinking right ) If Revolution loses the D1 bye then whatever that team may be called gets sent back to QT. Which means Sting Royal gets a bye into D1, Solar Blue gets a bye into D2 and Polaris gets a bye to stay in D3 and avoids QT.

All this assumes NTxU remains above 75%.
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 17/05/10, 10:14 pm

transformer wrote:From last I heard, it is 5 or 6. But it is not the number of players that revolution will lose. It is the quality of players that they will lose.

actually agree on both points with Mr. Transformer. odd.....
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tacklenow 17/05/10, 11:17 pm

justfurkicks wrote:

As I see it ( please correct me if my mind is not thinking right ) If Revolution loses the D1 bye then whatever that team may be called gets sent back to QT. Which means Sting Royal gets a bye into D1, Solar Blue gets a bye into D2 and Polaris gets a bye to stay in D3 and avoids QT.
I don't see anything in the rules that addresses this. Did I miss it? Assuming Rev (the club) is no more and the new FCD is not able to maintain the D1 bye with 75%, then why does Sting Royal get the bye? Why not retain Sting West in D1? Six D1 teams remain in D1. Just curious if your comments are based on anything other than a guess?
tacklenow
tacklenow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by locomotion 18/05/10, 12:44 am

justfurkicks wrote:

Not wishing anything on anybody but if Revolution doesn't keep 75% there are several things that happen that might influence the decisions of those players looking at options.

As I see it ( plese correct me if my mind is not thinking right ) If Revolution loses the D1 bye then whatever that team may be called gets sent back to QT. Which means Sting Royal gets a bye into D1, Solar Blue gets a bye into D2 and Polaris gets a bye to stay in D3 and avoids QT.

All this assumes NTxU remains above 75%.
Based upon what ninja said, which makes perfect sense. Neither NTXU nor Rev need to keep the 75%. All they need to do is merge after the season starts if they don't have the 75%. The club retains the bye, unless 75% move to another club en masse. Which would only be the case if either club moved 75% in a merger. Once the season begins, it doesn't matter.

locomotion
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 18/05/10, 08:29 am

tacklenow wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:

As I see it ( please correct me if my mind is not thinking right ) If Revolution loses the D1 bye then whatever that team may be called gets sent back to QT. Which means Sting Royal gets a bye into D1, Solar Blue gets a bye into D2 and Polaris gets a bye to stay in D3 and avoids QT.
I don't see anything in the rules that addresses this. Did I miss it? Assuming Rev (the club) is no more and the new FCD is not able to maintain the D1 bye with 75%, then why does Sting Royal get the bye? Why not retain Sting West in D1? Six D1 teams remain in D1. Just curious if your comments are based on anything other than a guess?

First if Loco is correct and LHGCL doesn't think intending to merge after the season starts is against the spirit of the rules then none of the rest matters and Revolution keeps the bye.

But to answer the question I am going by memory of past experiance that a relegated team stays relegated.

Now I'll have to try and remember what that past experiance is. Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 4 Icon_lol
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 18/05/10, 09:35 am

Does it really matter if they are Revolution/NTXU or FC Dallas? Both have either earned their way or kept there position in D1. They deserve to be there with or without Hoops.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 18/05/10, 10:24 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:Does it really matter if they are Revolution/NTXU or FC Dallas? Both have either earned their way or kept there position in D1. They deserve to be there with or without Hoops.

Doesn't matter to me one tiny bit. Just something to talk about.

However Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 4 Icon_wink I'm still of the N+1 mindset and don't believe FCD as a club has earned any D1 byes. The girls should not be penalized by rules but if less than half the girls who earned it end up on the final roster I'm not sure FCD, the club, should benefit.
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beaver 18/05/10, 10:32 am

justfurkicks wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:Does it really matter if they are Revolution/NTXU or FC Dallas? Both have either earned their way or kept there position in D1. They deserve to be there with or without Hoops.

However Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 4 Icon_wink I'm still of the N+1 mindset and don't believe FCD as a club has earned any D1 byes. The girls should not be penalized by rules but if less than half the girls who earned it end up on the final roster I'm not sure FCD, the club, should benefit.
Is it OK that the other "half" got recruited before June 1st by larger clubs?
When a small team merges with a larger club it seems would benefit the remaining girls by giving more options to them and in an ethical manner.
The Beaver
The Beaver
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 18/05/10, 11:13 am

The Beaver wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:

When a small team merges with a larger club it seems would benefit the remaining girls by giving more options to them and in an ethical manner.
Nope, I don't think it's OK. Didn't like it when Revolution recruited my dd's team into non existance and don't like it now. But it is life in the select soccer world.

I understand what you mean by giving the rest options ethically but it depends on what you mean by the rest. When I say "the girls" I mean the team. Each individual girl helped earn the spot but only "the girls" as a whole actually earned it. So when only half or less remain are they really "the girls" any more ?
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beaver 18/05/10, 04:27 pm

justfurkicks wrote:
The Beaver wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:

Nope, I don't think it's OK. Didn't like it when Revolution recruited my dd's team into non existance and don't like it now. But it is life in the select soccer world.

I understand what you mean by giving the rest options ethically but it depends on what you mean by the rest. When I say "the girls" I mean the team. Each individual girl helped earn the spot but only "the girls" as a whole actually earned it. So when only half or less remain are they really "the girls" any more ?

I think that someone should look out for "the girls" remaining that they don't lose their bye because of recruiting by outside teams. Just like someone should have watched out for your DD's team.
The Beaver
The Beaver
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 18/05/10, 04:49 pm

The Beaver wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:
The Beaver wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:

I think that someone should look out for "the girls" remaining that they don't lose their bye because of recruiting by outside teams. Just like someone should have watched out for your DD's team.

"THIS AINT SHOW-FRIENDS.....ITS SHOW BUSINESS."

Famous quote I like to repeat on occasion.

If one team is more desirable than another, you wont ever be able to do anything about that. Furthermore...if anyone tries to hold my girlie or some other ladies back from chasing their dream or doing what they want for "the sake of the others" THOSE people are in the wrong.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beaver 18/05/10, 05:09 pm

BigBoy wrote:
The Beaver wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:
The Beaver wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:

If one team is more desirable than another, you wont ever be able to do anything about that. Furthermore...if anyone tries to hold my girlie or some other ladies back from chasing their dream or doing what they want for "the sake of the others" THOSE people are in the wrong.

Exactly right. But the team your DD leaves shouldn't get burned/punished because she thinks she's Mia Hamm or the next Hope Solo. You can all run to Lonestars and chase you dreams for all I care just don't advocate losing the bye for the "team" they left behind.
The Beaver
The Beaver
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 18/05/10, 05:11 pm

The Beaver wrote:
BigBoy wrote:
The Beaver wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:
The Beaver wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:

Exactly right. But the team your DD leaves shouldn't get burned/punished because she thinks she's Mia Hamm or the next Hope Solo. You can all run to Lonestars and chase you dreams for all I care just don't advocate losing the bye for the "team" they left behind.

wrong guy.....my dd plays in DII. But this should show you that I am objective and completely non-biased.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beaver 18/05/10, 05:22 pm

BigBoy wrote:
The Beaver wrote:
BigBoy wrote:
The Beaver wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:
The Beaver wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:

wrong guy.....my dd plays in DII. But this should show you that I am objective and completely non-biased.
Yes and off the point of the thread.
The Beaver
The Beaver
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 18/05/10, 06:08 pm

The Beaver wrote:
BigBoy wrote:
The Beaver wrote:
BigBoy wrote:
The Beaver wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:
The Beaver wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:

Yes and off the point of the thread.

no its not ya big goober. What i was saying is quit whining.....but i was trying to be nice until you said that.

If your team cant keep them, dont gripe about it. It just is what it is.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BANZAI !! 18/05/10, 08:26 pm

" All I can tell everybody is, I'm the same guy, just on a different team. "
-Terrell Owens

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 18/05/10, 09:08 pm

BANZAI !! wrote:" All I can tell everybody is, I'm the same guy, just on a different team. "
-Terrell Owens

now THAT is off topic
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 19/05/10, 08:35 am

The Beaver wrote: Exactly right. But the team your DD leaves shouldn't get burned/punished because she thinks she's Mia Hamm or the next Hope Solo. You can all run to Lonestars and chase you dreams for all I care just don't advocate losing the bye for the "team" they left behind.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ironic that Mia and Hope ( clever disguise of names , especially Hope Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 4 Icon_smile ) are the same ones that left my dd's team. Now their parents and I sit together and watch our dd's High School games. Time mellows.

The only thing I advocate is that N+1 was better for the girls and the new rules not only favor the Big clubs but also have created unintended results. Sounds like there would be no discussion if N+1 still existed.
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by locomotion 19/05/10, 08:50 am

justfurkicks wrote:
The only thing I advocate is that N+1 was better for the girls and the new rules not only favor the Big clubs but also have created unintended results. Sounds like there would be no discussion if N+1 still existed.
This I agree with. I thought it a big mistake to remove N+1.

locomotion
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gdubya 19/05/10, 10:57 am

locomotion wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:
This I agree with. I thought it a big mistake to remove N+1.
But the big clubs "influence" the rules. They got exactly what they wanted.....to quote BB...SHOW-BUSINESS.
gdubya
gdubya
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RAYADOS04 19/05/10, 02:54 pm

It’s fascinating how all this kind talk about Rev moving to FC Dallas, and how they're losing four top players has dominated this thread. In years past they were the outcast in D1 being called “thugs” who played gladiator soccer. Now some of the worst critics on this forum are being all so kind to the team. Is it because they finally see their wish come true of having Rev weaken, and next season will probably be their last year in D1?

What I wonder is why these four girls being mentioned are getting so much attention. There is no doubt that these girls are impact players on Rev, but would they be difference makers on any of the top three D1 teams? Maybe, if you are looking for someone with a throw-in of 30 yards. Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 4 Icon_bounce In the last LH season Rev scored 17 goals in 14 games, and 11 of them were against the bottom three D1 teams. They gave up 30 goals two more than Sting West, which doesn’t say much about their defense or goalie for that matter.

Some of these Rev girls have recently joined ODP after open tryouts last month. My DD tells me that only 13 new girls showed up at their 94' ODP practice, which also ended up being an open tryout and nine were selected. Some of the girls who have dropped out throughout the years are from the top four 95’ D1 teams, and haven’t returned. But again, no new faces from ‘Feet, Sting, or Solar were at tryouts. Why?

Solar 95’ in my opinion is one team that has players who could be difference makers on any of the top three 95’ D1 teams. They’ve got two fast “skilled” forwards and strong defensive players with also good skill. As for their goalie I’d rank her in the top three along with the two from Sting. Gangi is very fortunate that these players are loyal to him.

To any player out there on the move, just remember pastures are not always greener on the other side.

RAYADOS04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 19/05/10, 03:05 pm

RAYADOS04 wrote:It’s fascinating how all this kind talk about Rev moving to FC Dallas, and how they're losing four top players has dominated this thread. In years past they were the outcast in D1 being called “thugs” who played gladiator soccer. Now some of the worst critics on this forum are being all so kind to the team. Is it because they finally see their wish come true of having Rev weaken, and next season will probably be their last year in D1?

What I wonder is why these four girls being mentioned are getting so much attention. There is no doubt that these girls are impact players on Rev, but would they be difference makers on any of the top three D1 teams? Maybe, if you are looking for someone with a throw-in of 30 yards. Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 4 Icon_bounce In the last LH season Rev scored 17 goals in 14 games, and 11 of them were against the bottom three D1 teams. They gave up 30 goals two more than Sting West, which doesn’t say much about their defense or goalie for that matter.

Some of these Rev girls have recently joined ODP after open tryouts last month. My DD tells me that only 13 new girls showed up at their 94' ODP practice, which also ended up being an open tryout and nine were selected. Some of the girls who have dropped out throughout the years are from the top four 95’ D1 teams, and haven’t returned. But again, no new faces from ‘Feet, Sting, or Solar were at tryouts. Why?

Solar 95’ in my opinion is one team that has players who could be difference makers on any of the top three 95’ D1 teams. They’ve got two fast “skilled” forwards and strong defensive players with also good skill. As for their goalie I’d rank her in the top three along with the two from Sting. Gangi is very fortunate that these players are loyal to him.

To any player out there on the move, just remember pastures are not always greener on the other side.

good call....dad? Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 19/05/10, 07:53 pm

Oops. A little birdie told me that Lonestars was just misdirection. Feet may be the true destination. ???
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gdubya 20/05/10, 01:38 pm

From Waco to Farmer's Branch 2-3 times a week for a sport that allows little to no opportunity for women post college??? What is wrong with these people?
gdubya
gdubya
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next