North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 Girls - Week 8 SDL Scores - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

04 Girls - Week 8 SDL Scores

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

04 Girls - Week 8 SDL Scores - Page 2 Empty Re: 04 Girls - Week 8 SDL Scores

Post by Guest 11/04/11, 12:42 pm

Fathead68 wrote:This game wasn't nearly as close as the score might suggest. It was 4-0 for the majority of the game....my 2 cents only...
Looking at the game as a whole, it seemed the LP kids had the ball the majority of the game and were trying to play attractive soccer. Aces had a very big, fast forward who could not be caught by the little legs of the LP girls. Once the starters were back in, LP got back in their rhythm pretty quickly. A fun game to watch of two contrasting styles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 11/04/11, 12:47 pm

SoftballDad wrote:
Fathead68 wrote:This game wasn't nearly as close as the score might suggest. It was 4-0 for the majority of the game....my 2 cents only...
Looking at the game as a whole, it seemed the LP kids had the ball the majority of the game and were trying to play attractive soccer. Aces had a very big, fast forward who could not be caught by the little legs of the LP girls. Once the starters were back in, LP got back in their rhythm pretty quickly. A fun game to watch of two contrasting styles.

Agreed. The Dalglish starting 7 in the first half did not give up a goal and was able to move the ball into the attacking third quite a bit with some pretty good ball movement. Several scoring chances resulted, just could not get it in the net. Aces keeper made several nice saves too
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy_Feet 11/04/11, 12:54 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Agreed. The Dalglish starting 7 in the first half did not give up a goal and was able to move the ball into the attacking third quite a bit with some pretty good ball movement. Several scoring chances resulted, just could not get it in the net. Aces keeper made several nice saves too

Not sure what game you were all watching but I saw something completely different. The score was actually 2-0 at half and Aces had many more scoring opportunities that "just did not get in the net" either. Aces has a very strong team and does not lean on any one or two players. LP was outplayed....period. Aces was the better team!
Happy_Feet
Happy_Feet
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 11/04/11, 12:58 pm

ShootandScore wrote:Still missing these scores:

Rowdies vs Andro
Solar Hollis vs Cosmos
Aces Red 04 vs Dallas Texans 05 White

Anyone? Where are all of the Rowdies parents?

Ok, just got the score from the Rowdies Andro game
3-0 Rowdies
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 11/04/11, 01:02 pm

Happy_Feet wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Not sure what game you were all watching but I saw something completely different. The score was actually 2-0 at half and Aces had many more scoring opportunities that "just did not get in the net" either. Aces has a very strong team and does not lean on any one or two players. LP was outplayed....period. Aces was the better team!

Aces were alot of kick and run use their speed. There is a difference between that and ball movement. Noone said Aces were not the better team in that game either.
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 11/04/11, 01:05 pm

Happy_Feet wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

And no need to get mad! Dont get TOO excited over a dominating 4-2 win over these 04/05s
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 11/04/11, 01:07 pm

Happy_Feet wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

No...my dd was in goal the first half and it was 1-0(LW won't allow her to play more than a half in goal). Only goal scored in first half was on a corner! But, you guys got up on us and it was nice to see our girls respond to the adversity and come back the way that they did! If we would of converted our 1 free kick iit would of been very interesting last couple of minutes. We will meet again...maybe in your Aces Tourney! It was nice playing you guys...you guys are good!

Oh and believe me as a goalie parent you keep an accurate count of the goals! We are on pins and needles the whole game!
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by gogunners 11/04/11, 01:10 pm

Happy_Feet wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Definitely 1-0 at HT.

I think the LP girls will learn a lot from that one. Got caught on the break a lot and were not defending as a unit. Hats-off to the ACES girls, they were fast. However, if the LP girls keep to the coaches philosophy and improve on their passing they certainly have the technical ability to do well in the future. Nice comments JJ, especially coming from somebody who actually knows the game and how it should be played. We know how good your team(s) is from past experience, coached the proper way.

Another note, how BAD are the referees this season?!?! I know its a thankless job, but we have seen Refs who do not even have a basic understanding of the off-side rule, surely SDL has to do something about this.

gogunners
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 11/04/11, 01:11 pm

mcik17 wrote:
Happy_Feet wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

No...my dd was in goal the first half and it was 1-0(LW won't allow her to play more than a half in goal). Only goal scored in first half was on a corner! But, you guys got up on us and it was nice to see our girls respond to the adversity and come back the way that they did! If we would of converted our 1 free kick iit would of been very interesting last couple of minutes. We will meet again...maybe in your Aces Tourney! It was nice playing you guys...you guys are good!

lol! yeah, SOMEBODY got in trouble over that free kick. That kick more than likely goes upper 90 by either one of them if the hammer heads werent fighting over who was taking it. Oh well, they learned from it
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fathead68 11/04/11, 01:12 pm

I agree that both teams had missed scoring opportunities, both are very fast and I will even say the reffing was questionable on both sides. But if you choose to play up, I wouldn't ever use the age difference as an excuse. That's the reason you CHOSE to play up so that you could play teams that would provide you some competition. Maybe we will have future opportunities to play each other. I think we can just all agree that it was an exciting game to watch and that the better team for this week won.

Maybe we will see ya'll in Div 2 next season!... Very Happy
Fathead68
Fathead68
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gogunners 11/04/11, 01:14 pm

We are more than happy with a 7-1 season, the girls were great!

gogunners
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy_Feet 11/04/11, 01:15 pm

Fathead68 wrote:I agree that both teams had missed scoring opportunities, both are very fast and I will even say the reffing was questionable on both sides. But if you choose to play up, I wouldn't ever use the age difference as an excuse. That's the reason you CHOSE to play up so that you could play teams that would provide you some competition. Maybe we will have future opportunities to play each other. I think we can just all agree that it was an exciting game to watch and that the better team for this week won.

Agreed! cheers
Happy_Feet
Happy_Feet
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/04/11, 01:20 pm

actually the game was played in aces own half most of the time until subs were made and from that point the game changed and LP was in over it's head. As LW started to bring his starting group back in is when the game changed again and LP scored their 2 goals. Shot count and possesion were not close as LP took both but aces took what counts and thats the win. They actually have 3 very impressive girls with the most being the small fast one. Very quick with the ball. From their it was basic boot it up from the back and let the big girls win the ball. The game to watch must have been aces v juve. Their big girls up top v juve and their big girls on defense. Next season will be interesting as this game showed that several girls on the LP team are in over their head with the tougher teams. Many of the girls should play d2 next season but some would not have a fun year there. It was a fun game. The girls played hard and lost which is good for them. I will pat myself on the back and say I called a daglish loss this season. LW stuck to his substitutions and everyone got their playtime regardless of the game and the outcome. It's easy to say you don't care about wins and it's about development. It is much harder to stick to it even in the face of an impending loss. Kudos to the coach, the loss sucks but glad everyone played plenty. Not sure he can stay competative in D2 or higher withought grouping more of his top girls (beardsley, keegan). I am sure he has a plan though to put them in the best situation for next season..
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 11/04/11, 01:22 pm

Fathead68 wrote:I agree that both teams had missed scoring opportunities, both are very fast and I will even say the reffing was questionable on both sides. But if you choose to play up, I wouldn't ever use the age difference as an excuse. That's the reason you CHOSE to play up so that you could play teams that would provide you some competition. Maybe we will have future opportunities to play each other. I think we can just all agree that it was an exciting game to watch and that the better team for this week won.

I dont think anyone is using age as an excuse. At this age, sometimes the age and speed of some older teams can be the difference maker. Thats all part of playing up, and I dont have a problem with that. And again, for this team, getting the W yesterday would have been nice but not the overall goal. It was a great game for them and they learned from it. I hope most of the games in the future are more like this one.
Yes, hopefully see you in D2! Very Happy
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootandScore 11/04/11, 01:53 pm

Just need the last 2 scores:

Solar Hollis vs Cosmos
Aces Red 04 vs Dallas Texans 05 White

Anyone from Aces on this board?
Anyone from Solar Hollis?

Throw me a bone.
ShootandScore
ShootandScore
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 11/04/11, 03:02 pm

gogunners wrote:
Happy_Feet wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Definitely 1-0 at HT.

I think the LP girls will learn a lot from that one. Got caught on the break a lot and were not defending as a unit. Hats-off to the ACES girls, they were fast. However, if the LP girls keep to the coaches philosophy and improve on their passing they certainly have the technical ability to do well in the future. Nice comments JJ, especially coming from somebody who actually knows the game and how it should be played. We know how good your team(s) is from past experience, coached the proper way.

Another note, how BAD are the referees this season?!?! I know its a thankless job, but we have seen Refs who do not even have a basic understanding of the off-side rule, surely SDL has to do something about this.

Hats off to LP on a great season. I am even more impressed that the coach stuck to playing his full bench in the last game of the season.

In my opinion (just mine) LP had the better "team" structure. Not just 1 player stood out above the rest. Aces had #29 who was huge for them. Take her away from that team against LP, we could be talking different results. Oh well, shoulda, coulda, woulda....

When it is all said and done, the better team won. Period.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 03SoccerMom 11/04/11, 03:16 pm

jj4mel wrote:
gogunners wrote:
Happy_Feet wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Definitely 1-0 at HT.

Hats off to LP on a great season. I am even more impressed that the coach stuck to playing his full bench in the last game of the season.

In my opinion (just mine) LP had the better "team" structure. Not just 1 player stood out above the rest. Aces had #29 who was huge for them. Take her away from that team against LP, we could be talking different results. Oh well, shoulda, coulda, woulda....

JJ, Just to be clear, our coach played his full bench too. LP didn't score until the middle of the second half. How do you explain that?
03SoccerMom
03SoccerMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 11/04/11, 03:26 pm

[quote="03SoccerMom"]
jj4mel wrote:
gogunners wrote:
Happy_Feet wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Definitely 1-0 at HT.

When it is all said and done, the better team won. Period.[/quote]

JJ, Just to be clear, our coach played his full bench too. LP didn't score until the middle of the second half. How do you explain that?

Please refer to my last sentence. I have no dog in this hunt, so I do not need to "explain" my opinion over a game I got to enjoy watching.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/04/11, 03:30 pm

03SoccerMom wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
gogunners wrote:
Happy_Feet wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Definitely 1-0 at HT.

That is when he started bringing the starting group back in as per his normal substitution routine. I am also not stating that LP would have won if he did not make the subs but they would have been more competative. The change was instant but he did stick to letting the girls have their playtime and try to compete under adversity. Now the girls understand the bar for next season and knowing how competative these little girls are I would expect practice to be intense

Last edited by go99 on 11/04/11, 03:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 03SoccerMom 11/04/11, 03:30 pm

[quote="jj4mel"]
03SoccerMom wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
gogunners wrote:
Happy_Feet wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Definitely 1-0 at HT.

When it is all said and done, the better team won. Period.[/quote]

Please refer to my last sentence. I have no dog in this hunt, so I do not need to "explain" my opinion over a game I got to enjoy watching.

OK Fair enough!
03SoccerMom
03SoccerMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sparkles 11/04/11, 03:41 pm

jj4mel wrote:
gogunners wrote:
Happy_Feet wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Definitely 1-0 at HT.

why do you feel the need to deliver a backhanded compliment? can you not compliment the team that won and leave it at that? take away the best player on any team, in any sport and we could be talking different results. fact is #29 was there. fact is aces won. what are your credentials to offer your opinion regarding the superior "team" structure? quit making excuses and espousing unqualified opinions. just asking, but are you a parent that ever stepped on a pitch before your oldest kid did for the first time? what makes you qualified to offer an opinion that anyone should read and trust?

Sparky Sparkles
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gogunners 11/04/11, 03:53 pm

Hey Sparky, I have a coaches licence, so does that mean my opinion counts more than yours?

gogunners
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 04dad 11/04/11, 03:55 pm

gogunners wrote:Hey Sparky, I have a coaches licence, so does that mean my opinion counts more than yours?

I think it depends on if your license came from a brand name cereal box or off-brand.

04dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 11/04/11, 03:57 pm

Sparky Sparkles wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
gogunners wrote:
Happy_Feet wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Definitely 1-0 at HT.

why do you feel the need to deliver a backhanded compliment? can you not compliment the team that won and leave it at that? take away the best player on any team, in any sport and we could be talking different results. fact is #29 was there. fact is aces won. what are your credentials to offer your opinion regarding the superior "team" structure? quit making excuses and espousing unqualified opinions. just asking, but are you a parent that ever stepped on a pitch before your oldest kid did for the first time? what makes you qualified to offer an opinion that anyone should read and trust?

Nope. You're right. I am in no way qualified to give an opinion on a game I watched. My apologies to Aces, LP and especially you Sparky!!

Can someone please let me know when the next training class will be? I would like to get the certification that allows you to be a pollster like Sparky on txsoccer.net

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/04/11, 04:13 pm

I believe that certification is next week. It follows the panty bunching certification class. Which I believe some people have already taken
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 11/04/11, 04:23 pm

go99 wrote:I believe that certification is next week. It follows the panty bunching certification class. Which I believe some people have already taken

I got my panties in a wad certification last year. Turtoe gave that class. He is a great instructor.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next