North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Why is there No protection given to Keepers anymore - Page 8 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Why is there No protection given to Keepers anymore

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Why is there No protection given to Keepers anymore - Page 8 Empty Re: Why is there No protection given to Keepers anymore

Post by 00GKdad 01/08/14, 02:16 pm

Unicorns wrote:HA, although I hesitate to question an authority such as "The Soccer Mom Manual", if little Johnny in the picture missed the ball and his leg is up that high and trips a forward going for the ball, it is a PK, everytime.

I Googled and chose the source most appropriate for the audience. Feel free to ask your DD's club GK coach about the proper form, if you like.

00GKdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Why is there No protection given to Keepers anymore - Page 8 Empty Re: Why is there No protection given to Keepers anymore

Post by GGoat 01/08/14, 03:24 pm

Thanks soc dad a pic says a 1000 words

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hard Practice 01/08/14, 03:43 pm

Interestingly on the Schumacher collision there was no call.  Here is another collision with someone I work with where there was only a yellow card.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVGqmxeb4TQ

So it seems as if the refs show little consistency as has been stated.  An awful lot of whining from the forwards who are afraid of as little fist in the face so save them some of that cheese.  I like the way Neuer handled himself in the WC.  The forward who got blasted was called for the foul.  There was also a time when the forward kept running toward him after he fielded it and got put on their rear.  The GK should have a right to keep moving forward with the ball and the forward needs to get out of the way.

Hard Practice
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/08/14, 04:07 pm

If 8 pages has taught anyone, anything, it is that goalkeepers parents think they have the right of way; and forwards parents think they have the right of way.  

If the keeper is allowed to keep moving forward as Hard Practice says, and the forward is allowed to keep moving forward and trying to get the ball, as the forwards parents seem to say, maybe we should allow massive collisions in the box and it is a foul on no one.  

Either that or we need another 8 pages of discussion to figure it out.  Very Happy Very Happy

Just glad my kid plays midfield and rarely gets in either goal box.  Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 01/08/14, 04:17 pm

Unicorns wrote:If 8 pages has taught anyone, anything, it is that goalkeepers parents think they have the right of way; and forwards parents think they have the right of way.  

If the keeper is allowed to keep moving forward as Hard Practice says, and the forward is allowed to keep moving forward and trying to get the ball, as the forwards parents seem to say, maybe we should allow massive collisions in the box and it is a foul on no one.  

Either that or we need another 8 pages of discussion to figure it out.  Very Happy Very Happy

Thats what Im talking about unicorn either call it both ways or not at all Im for the not at all and let the players protect themself

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 00GKdad 01/08/14, 04:30 pm

I don't know that I was arguing that GKs should always have the right of way.  It just seemed important to address GGoat's original point her DD keeper had her leg up, which is perfectly fine standard form for self-preservation (unless she actually was trying to go Cobra Kai on the forward).

00GKdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 01/08/14, 04:31 pm

Hard Practice wrote:Interestingly on the Schumacher collision there was no call.  Here is another collision with someone I work with where there was only a yellow card.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVGqmxeb4TQ

So it seems as if the refs show little consistency as has been stated.  An awful lot of whining from the forwards who are afraid of as little fist in the face so save them some of that cheese.  I like the way Neuer handled himself in the WC.  The forward who got blasted was called for the foul.  There was also a time when the forward kept running toward him after he fielded it and got put on their rear.  The GK should have a right to keep moving forward with the ball and the forward needs to get out of the way.

That keeper was head hunting and not going for the ball at all. Im talking about a keeper diving for a ball and picking her leg up to protect her body. That kid should have been suspended
I think your right the inconstancy of the calls is what makes it difficult.

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 01/08/14, 06:26 pm

GGoat wrote:
Unicorns wrote:If 8 pages has taught anyone, anything, it is that goalkeepers parents think they have the right of way; and forwards parents think they have the right of way.  

Thats what Im talking about unicorn either call it both ways or not at all Im for the not at all and let the players protect themself

you can call a simple foul both ways but as has been REPEATED OVER AND OVER, the "laws of the game" INSTRUCT AND MANDATE harsher penalties on the defending team in their own 18 yd area than on the attacking team. are you trying to change the laws of the game GG?

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by haterinho 01/08/14, 06:37 pm

Several studies have been done showing soccer injuries show no prevalence for ANY position. This means keepers aren't injured anymore often than any other position. The idea goalkeeping is more dangerous is myth. Keepers get hurt sometimes, and sometimes they're the ones doing the hurting. No different than anyone else.

haterinho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceLightning 01/08/14, 06:46 pm

Hasn't this dead horse been kicked enough?

FierceLightning
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 01/08/14, 07:02 pm

FierceLightning wrote:Hasn't this dead horse been kicked enough?
we can make it to 10 after this weekend if anyone is playing

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by haterinho 01/08/14, 07:02 pm

http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/archive/soccer-injuries.html#

Above is one example of many turned up with a quick google...this one also has some pretty good info on injury prevention exercises.

haterinho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 01/08/14, 08:24 pm

GGoat wrote:

Ok Goat. That's a deal! We refs just won't call it at all, so when your daughter's head gets bashed in a few times per game, we will overlook her tripping or raising her leg against the forward to "protect herself!"

Remember, don't came whining on here, especially after what you just said.   lol!

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 01/08/14, 09:38 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:
GGoat wrote:

Ok Goat. That's a deal! We refs just won't call it at all, so when your daughter's head gets bashed in a few times per game, we will overlook her tripping or raising her leg against the forward to "protect herself!"

Remember, don't came whining on here, especially after what you just said.   lol!

Alright you dont call it anyway  lol! 

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 03/08/14, 09:33 pm

It was fun but I think this horse is dead

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 03/08/14, 09:39 pm

Thank The Lord !

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 03/08/14, 09:43 pm

That is until his daughter gives away another penalty kick!  Evil or Very Mad 
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 04/08/14, 12:18 am

O crap triumph wants to start it up again

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Honcho47 04/08/14, 01:15 am

Tacky on my part

Last edited by Honcho47 on 04/08/14, 09:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Honcho47
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/08/14, 07:39 am

Honcho47 wrote:I have an answer GGoat.... Teach your daughter to quit failing at her job. That way you can't complain about Arlington refs. How many calls get made against a keeper that handles the ball cleanly?
Is it GGoats persistance on this subject that sets you off or is it that you are just an @$$ hole? "Quit teaching her to fail". C'mon man, really. I am a keepers parent so I understand his concern. Whether you agree with him or not or if his persistance annoys you, all he is doing is looking out for his DD. The same thing we all are doing. With that being said your remark was not productive or helpfull. Nothing but a cheap jab.

Back to top Go down

Post by Honcho47 04/08/14, 09:28 am

Is it GGoats persistance on this subject that sets you off or is it that you are just an @$$ hole? "Quit teaching her to fail". C'mon man, really. I am a keepers parent so I understand his concern. Whether you agree with him or not or if his persistance annoys you, all he is doing is looking out for his DD. The same thing we all are doing. With that being said your remark was not productive or helpfull. Nothing but a cheap jab.[/quote]

My intention was to stir the pot. Looking back it was just mean

Honcho47
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 04/08/14, 10:42 am

Cleansheets wrote:
Honcho47 wrote:I have an answer GGoat.... Teach your daughter to quit failing at her job. That way you can't complain about Arlington refs. How many calls get made against a keeper that handles the ball cleanly?
Is it GGoats persistance on this subject that sets you off or is it that you are just an @$$ hole? "Quit teaching her to fail". C'mon man, really. I am a keepers parent so I understand his concern. Whether you agree with him or not or if his persistance annoys you, all he is doing is looking out for his DD. The same thing we all are doing. With that being said your remark was not productive or helpfull. Nothing but a cheap jab.

May be his persistence in wanting to change the LOTG game, or to always apply his interpretation of the LOTG in his DD's games to protect his DD at the expense of anyone else on the field.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceLightning 04/08/14, 05:15 pm

GGoat wrote:

So when did this thread become less of a point for you and turned into a egotistic competition for yourself? Maybe page 5?

FierceLightning
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 05/08/14, 11:38 am

FierceLightning wrote:
GGoat wrote:

So when did this thread become less of a point for you and turned into a egotistic competition for yourself? Maybe page 5?

I get the jest of your comment Fierce but it NEVER was a "point for" lol

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceLightning 05/08/14, 02:04 pm

ONLYASOCCERDAD wrote:
FierceLightning wrote:
GGoat wrote:

I get the jest of your comment Fierce but it NEVER  was a "point for" lol

lol! ... yep keepers have it bad.....I think there needs to be a specific keeper ref on each end and can ONLY call keeper fouls , or more specific, fouls AGAINST keepers...That should give them a bit more protection. Of course, ALL the parents will need to pony up and pay them.

FierceLightning
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 05/08/14, 02:22 pm

FierceLightning wrote:
ONLYASOCCERDAD wrote:
FierceLightning wrote:
GGoat wrote:

I get the jest of your comment Fierce but it NEVER  was a "point for" lol

lol! ... yep keepers have it bad.....I think there needs to be a specific keeper ref on each end and can ONLY call keeper fouls , or more specific, fouls AGAINST keepers...That should give them a bit more protection. Of course, ALL the parents will need to pony up and pay them.

Or you could just let the keepers parents fill the role.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next