North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Why is there No protection given to Keepers anymore - Page 9 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Why is there No protection given to Keepers anymore

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Why is there No protection given to Keepers anymore - Page 9 Empty Re: Why is there No protection given to Keepers anymore

Post by Lefty 05/08/14, 02:22 pm

FierceLightning wrote:
ONLYASOCCERDAD wrote:
FierceLightning wrote:
GGoat wrote:
FierceLightning wrote:Hasn't this dead horse been kicked enough?
we can make it to 10 after this weekend if anyone is playing

So when did this thread become less of a point for you and turned into a egotistic competition for yourself? Maybe page 5?

I get the jest of your comment Fierce but it NEVER  was a "point for" lol

lol! ... yep keepers have it bad.....I think there needs to be a specific keeper ref on each end and can ONLY call keeper fouls , or more specific, fouls AGAINST keepers...That should give them a bit more protection. Of course, ALL the parents will need to pony up and pay them.

Or you could just let the keepers parents fill the role.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Why is there No protection given to Keepers anymore - Page 9 Empty Re: Why is there No protection given to Keepers anymore

Post by futbollove 05/08/14, 02:25 pm

FierceLightning wrote:
ONLYASOCCERDAD wrote:
FierceLightning wrote:
GGoat wrote:

So when did this thread become less of a point for you and turned into a egotistic competition for yourself? Maybe page 5?

lol! ... yep keepers have it bad.....I think there needs to be a specific keeper ref on each end and can ONLY call keeper fouls , or more specific, fouls AGAINST keepers...That should give them a bit more protection. Of course, ALL the (keeper)parents will need to pony up and pay them.
Hey,  I'm in for a Striker/Midfielder only ref!!
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceLightning 05/08/14, 02:33 pm

Lefty wrote:
FierceLightning wrote:
ONLYASOCCERDAD wrote:
FierceLightning wrote:
GGoat wrote:

lol! ... yep keepers have it bad.....I think there needs to be a specific keeper ref on each end and can ONLY call keeper fouls , or more specific, fouls AGAINST keepers...That should give them a bit more protection. Of course, ALL the parents will need to pony up and pay them.

Yah that would Definitely work and be cheaper...but it Could add in just a tad of bias....It would need to be monitored closely and then a comprehensive and intensive training program for the keepers parent ref would need to be created.

FierceLightning
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 05/08/14, 02:38 pm

FierceLightning wrote:
Lefty wrote:
FierceLightning wrote:
ONLYASOCCERDAD wrote:
FierceLightning wrote:
GGoat wrote:

Yah that would Definitely work and be cheaper...but it Could add in just a tad of bias....It would need to be monitored closely and then a comprehensive and intensive training program for the keepers parent ref would need to be created.

Of course the keeper parent would have to work the opposite end of the field from their DD.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceLightning 05/08/14, 02:41 pm

Lefty wrote:
FierceLightning wrote:
Lefty wrote:
FierceLightning wrote:
ONLYASOCCERDAD wrote:
FierceLightning wrote:

Of course the keeper parent would have to work the opposite end of the field from their DD.  

lol! Do you think that would reduce the bias or Increase it!!!

FierceLightning
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 05/08/14, 02:48 pm

FierceLightning wrote:
Lefty wrote:
FierceLightning wrote:
Lefty wrote:
FierceLightning wrote:
ONLYASOCCERDAD wrote:

lol! Do you think that would reduce the bias or Increase it!!!

Not sure, but it would keep them from wandering up and down the sidelines.

Their DD's would probably be the biggest fans of the idea.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by $occerF@n 05/08/14, 05:24 pm

Just doing my part

$occerF@n
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 05/08/14, 10:06 pm

We've started a petition to completely eliminate the keeper position from the game.  We will simply have an extra defender stand in the mouth of the goal.

That should increase the scoring and make it a more watchable sport.

We're going after the whole off-sides thing next.

Finally we are going to ban all soccer coaches with a foreign accent from being able to get paid for coaching in the US.

We will make this a game worthy of American youth one way or another.
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 06/08/14, 01:31 am

Would it really increase scoring the way some players finish nowadays? I kid, I kid.

but maybe this is the change to the Laws that the OP was asking for.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 07/08/14, 10:16 pm

Wow I thought this was over Yall keep bash-in those wimpy keepers and this will be the longest post in north Texas soccer history.

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 07/08/14, 10:21 pm

Only one keeping this going is you. For some odd reason you have this desire to not let this thread die. Granted I am posting this. But, my intent is to let you know, everyone knows your intent is to reach some magical threshold that you and only you care about. This thread stopped being about soccer about 12 pages ago, or the moment you logged on.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 08/08/14, 08:13 pm

there is only 9 not 12 and I never thought it would go this long at first is was`about soccer now its just funny esp all the negative crap I guess it will help some people let off some steam

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gr8save 13/08/14, 10:02 pm

Funny a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. GK should never lead with the head. Hands to the ball. If failure to connect with the ball and GK hits the player ..penalty.
Depending on the type of breakaway ie 50/50 or advantage striker or advantage GK will determine how the GK reacts. As far as protection the forearms should protect the face, the knee should be no higher than the top shoulder so as to protect the mid rift or in the case of boys his private parts. Hope this helps but after reading the comments I doubt it.

gr8save
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

http://www.just4keepers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 13/08/14, 10:07 pm

gr8save wrote:Funny a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. GK should never lead with the head. Hands to the ball. If failure to connect with the ball and GK hits the player ..penalty.
Depending on the type of breakaway ie 50/50 or advantage striker or advantage GK  will determine how the GK reacts. As far as protection the forearms should protect the face, the knee should be no higher than the top shoulder so as to protect the mid rift or in the case of boys his private parts.  Hope this helps but after reading the comments I doubt it.

That's what I said in the first place but according to Goat everyone his daughter has had has taught to slide feet first! Guess it's time to get some real coaching!
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/08/14, 08:23 am

jsullivan81 wrote:Only one keeping this going is you. For some odd reason you have this desire to not let this thread die. Granted I am posting this. But, my intent is to let you know, everyone knows your intent is to reach some magical threshold that you and only you care about. This thread stopped being about soccer about 12 pages ago, or the moment you logged on.

A lot of these threads keep going because everybody wants to have the last word, usually the OP.

Back to top Go down

Post by gr8save 14/08/14, 08:27 am

Oops sorry that we try to educate

gr8save
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

http://www.just4keepers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceLightning 14/08/14, 12:52 pm

Cobra_Kai wrote:
jsullivan81 wrote:Only one keeping this going is you. For some odd reason you have this desire to not let this thread die. Granted I am posting this. But, my intent is to let you know, everyone knows your intent is to reach some magical threshold that you and only you care about. This thread stopped being about soccer about 12 pages ago, or the moment you logged on.

A lot of these threads keep going because everybody wants to have the last word, usually the OP.

Many times yes, but there are other points that come up too..Like that GGoat's total bias blinders that became a joke after he was over and over given good advice by people who actually KNOW from a clear view and not a GK parent bias.. Shocked 

FierceLightning
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceLightning 14/08/14, 12:56 pm

GGoat wrote:there is only 9 not 12 and I never thought it would go this long at first is was`about soccer now its just funny esp all the negative crap I guess it will help some people let off some steam

See here is crux of the whole thing. Your thinking through this whole process has been odd. People gave you clear thinking views of this and you refused to accept knowledgeable advice. And so now you think in that mind of yours that people were "blowing off steam"!!??? When in FACT people were making fun of you!!  Shocked . So maybe, it's about your perceptions that is the whole problem Exclamation 

FierceLightning
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 14/08/14, 07:09 pm

Fierce lighting your so right. People giving sound advice that keepers are wimpy and need to get tougher and all the other knowledgeable unbiased things that where said really made everyone's views clear. It is just one of those double standards we have in life. If the keeper gets to the ball first and is kicked by the striker then they need to get tougher if the striker gets to the ball first it should be a pk. It wont change until someone gets kicked in the head and gets a head bleed or breaks their neck. Good luck to all you. Its time to play some soccer again

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 15/08/14, 09:31 am

I'm just trying to gel GG get to her goal. TEN PAGES!!!!!

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 15/08/14, 09:32 am

I'm just trying to HELP GG get to her goal. TEN PAGES!!!!! 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Last edited by ONLYASOCCERDAD on 15/08/14, 09:33 am; edited 1 time in total

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 15/08/14, 09:32 am

TEN!!!!!

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 15/08/14, 09:33 am

Evil or Very Mad 

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 15/08/14, 09:38 am

Thanks soccerdad Very Happy 

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9