North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Why is there No protection given to Keepers anymore - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Why is there No protection given to Keepers anymore

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Why is there No protection given to Keepers anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is there No protection given to Keepers anymore

Post by GGoat 27/07/14, 09:13 pm

Triumph this is what you said " the technique is to come and get hands in the ball including the forearms" How else do you come in hands first without face first The way soc dad said it is the way she has been trained to do it "Sliding is a very effective tool. a Sideway Feet first slide...How many keepers go head first...none. Legs, knees and hands and arms are all supposed to be used as blockages. " But thats ok a lot of coaches in rec think just put the biggest slowest player in the goal and tel them to catch it with their hands and forearms also

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Why is there No protection given to Keepers anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is there No protection given to Keepers anymore

Post by jsullivan81 27/07/14, 09:20 pm

GG - We get it. Your kid gets fouled often and never gets calls.

Arguing with everyone isn't proving your point though.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 27/07/14, 09:23 pm

GGoat wrote:Triumph this is what you said " the technique is to come and get hands in the ball including the forearms" How else do you come in hands first without face first The way soc dad said it is the way she has been trained to do it "Sliding is a very effective tool.  a Sideway Feet first slide...How many keepers go head first...none.  Legs, knees and hands and arms are all supposed to be used as blockages. " But thats ok a lot of coaches in rec think just put the biggest slowest player in the goal and tel them to catch it with their hands and forearms also

and that's why she keeps giving away peanalties! Sideways slide feet first is NOT correct technique but of course you know best that's why you keep arguing and that's why you'll never get it.
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 27/07/14, 09:29 pm

I suggest you watch (you might learn something) 38 seconds in is how you save from 1v1 breakaway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyDQtwNVU04
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 27/07/14, 09:39 pm

jsullivan81 wrote:GG -  We get it. Your kid gets fouled often and never gets calls.

Its not just my kid its keepers in general We are use to it. It is part of the game now I just dont understand when and why it has changed

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by beastmaster 27/07/14, 09:40 pm

GGoat wrote:
beastmaster wrote:
GGoat wrote:Soc dad when was the last time you saw a red card given or even a call made when the keeper gets run into kicked or knocked down when they get to the ball first it rarely ever happens any more thats what im saying in my post

Actually I have seen the forward on my dd's team receive a yellow card for running into a keeper.  Her team has also had a couple goals called back because someone had contact with the keeper. I have also watched a keeper use the leg in the air to trip a forward and no call made.   Being a keeper is a hazardous job and while yes they need to protect themselves, every other player on the field should also protect themselves.  

My dd is a keeper and I expect her to protect herself. She has been playing keeper for about 8 years. I can't help but very much disagree with your argument. She has received the benefit of the doubt from refs and has been warned when her play is borderline, but she has never been called for appropriately protecting herself.

Well we did this weekend and another keeper was red carded in another post for not getting to the ball first and tripping a player . I have seen calls made if the keeper is standing with the ball in both hands and a player runs into her. One time she had caught the ball and had it wrapped up on the ground and the forward was kicking it a few times and the ref made a call but no card. What im talking about is a 50 50 ball where the keeper gets to the ball first and the forward then runs into the keeper or flips over her or knocks her down there is no call or warning but if the forward get to the ball first and flips over the keeper its a pk or warning or a red card

Honestly I am having a very hard time even following you. Overall I have seen more calls in favor of keepers, so I disagree with your argument. Also I know if my dd maintains possession of a ball after a hit from a forward I don't want a call. Let her keep possession and punt. She is an aggressive keeper and has never received a penalty for her play, warned yes. So I just don't see where you are coming from. Maybe it is your dd's technique.

beastmaster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by beastmaster 27/07/14, 09:41 pm

GGoat wrote:
jsullivan81 wrote:GG -  We get it. Your kid gets fouled often and never gets calls.

Its not just my kid its keepers in general We are use to it. It is part of the game now I just dont understand when and why it has changed

What he said. No one else is really seeing your point.

beastmaster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 27/07/14, 09:54 pm

Thanks triumph great video I loved all the knees and kicks to the head and face and all those saves made with the legs and feet Im showing it to her it really is a good video everyone should watch it

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 27/07/14, 10:00 pm

GGoat wrote:Thanks triumph great video I loved all the knees and kicks to the head and face and all those saves made with the legs and feet Im showing it to her it really is a good video everyone should watch it

Excellent and not one sideways feet first slide!  Razz 
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 27/07/14, 10:12 pm

Triumph FC wrote:
GGoat wrote:Thanks triumph great video I loved all the knees and kicks to the head and face and all those saves made with the legs and feet Im showing it to her it really is a good video everyone should watch it

Excellent and not one sideways feet first slide!  Razz 

lol only about 80% of them either slide in feet first or made the save with their feet besides no one is talking about a sideways feet first slide we are talking about bringing your legs up to protect your head and chest your talking about catching the ball with your hand and forearms which happened a few times in the video. Very fun tonight good night to all the wimpy keepers out there and remember We are always out numbered 10 to 1 and sometimes 11 to 1

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 27/07/14, 10:17 pm

GGoat wrote:Triumph this is what you said " the technique is to come and get hands in the ball including the forearms" How else do you come in hands first without face first The way soc dad said it is the way she has been trained to do it "Sliding is a very effective tool.  a Sideway Feet first slide...How many keepers go head first...none.  Legs, knees and hands and arms are all supposed to be used as blockages. " But thats ok a lot of coaches in rec think just put the biggest slowest player in the goal and tel them to catch it with their hands and forearms also

I guess that wasnt you saying it then!
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 27/07/14, 10:31 pm

Triumph FC wrote:

I guess that wasnt you saying it then!
Correct hence the " " quote marks and please read the entire quote scary

Last edited by GGoat on 28/07/14, 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 27/07/14, 11:36 pm

I'm sorry Goat, but what you are saying is ridiculous.

Even this last weekend when my daughter was guest playing, a ball came into the box in front of the goal. She goes up for a header, the keeper comes out and punches her straight in the forehead but got some of the ball too, leaving a lump and big bruise. NO CALL as it shouldn't be.

Strikers get hurt ALL the time! Go watch some soccer, especially pro games. See how many times the striker gets up-ended  and eats turf. Like its been said before. STRIKERS ARE NOT OUT TO HURT KEEPERS!

When I ref, I don't allow strikers to continuously poke at the ball when the keeper has even one hand on it. It's a cardable offense.

If you don't want to listen to any of the experienced coaches, refs or parents who have keepers, then I suggest you get your daughter to play a "safer" position.  I guess you would still complain as soon as your daughter got slide tackled, hit in the head with an elbow going up for headers, clashed heads, etc.

Maybe the best position for you and her is in the stands,

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 28/07/14, 12:12 am

Ok what ever I guess I just made up the fact that she was called for a pk in a 1-1 tied game. The ref stated that she lifted her leg too high when she dove and the other poster made up the fact that the keeper was given a red card in another game this weekend and soc dad made up the fact that in the liverpool game the keeper was laid out and no card was given. I have never said that the position is not safe or she should play another position. The examples I gave happens every weekend here in north texas and a lot of it happened this weekend. The point is when a striker runs into a keeper there is usually no call made and even if the call is made it doesn't have a bearing on the game thats why they keep doing it hoping for a call or a loose ball But when the ref Calls a keeper for raising her leg too high or red carding a keeper and taking them out of a game it changes the entire game. Im sorry your dd got a bruise she should probably stay in the stands for a while. Every game every day strikers run into keepers it is part of the game but refs like you are the problem and continue to let it happen. If your not going to call it when the striker hits the keeper then dont call it when the keeper hits the stikers and change the outcome of the game.Yours and the triumphs comments that my dd not tough enough to play and all that bs just shows what kind of people you are. Yall are probably the stereotypical coaches and refs that give youth soccer a bad name. good luck and good by My question was answered thanks

Last edited by GGoat on 28/07/14, 12:55 am; edited 2 times in total

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 28/07/14, 12:31 am

GGoat wrote:Ok what ever I guess I just made up the fact that she was called for a pk in a 1-1 tied game. The ref stated that she lifted her leg too high when she dove and the other poster made up the fact that the keeper was given a red card in another game this weekend and soc dad made up the fact that in the liverpool game the keeper was laid out and no card was given. I have never said that the position is not safe or she should play another position. The examples I gave happens every weekend here in north texas and a lot of it happened this weekend. The point is when a striker runs into a keeper there is usually no call made and even if the call is made it doesn't have a bearing on the game thats why they keep doing it hoping for a call or a loose ball But when the ref Calls a keeper for raising her leg too high or red carding a keeper and taking them out of a game it changes the entire game. Im sorry your dd got a bruise she should probably stay in the stands for a while. Every game every day strikers run into keepers it is part of the game but refs like you are the problem and continue to let it happen. If your not going to call it when the striker hits the keeper then dont call it when the keeper hits the stikers and change the outcome of the game. Yours and the triumphs comments that my dd not tough enough to play and all that bs just shows what kind of people you are. Yall are probably the stereotypical coaches and refs that give youth soccer a bad name. good luck and good by My question was answered thanks

I've been called many things in the past, but "bad ref" wasn't one of them. I can almost guarantee you that Triumph hasn't had "bad coach" attached to him either.

Don't believe a very experienced coach or ref, then just keep listening to the keeper's parents who are also not agreeing with you. Maybe someday you will realize that soccer is a CONTACT sport and if you have a problem with your DD getting hurt, then do something that doesn't require contact.

Better yet, get certified as a ref, make all the calls you want and throw out all the strikers in games that you feel like, because there's obviously a bias towards them.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 28/07/14, 12:54 am

I understand it is a contact sport and thats what we love about it Im sorry if you think I called you a bad ref I dont know if you are a bad ref or not and I didnt call you that I said yours and triumphs comments about my dd not being tough enough is what gives north texas soccer a bad name. I dont know how good or bad you are just like you dont know how tuff my dd is or isnt and she doesnt belong in the stands the things I have said and others said has happen and does happen all the time she was knocked out on a play with no call she has been kicked in the head with no call. She has been run over many times and she gets back up and finishes the game. This is all part of the game just watch the next time there is a 1v1 with a keeper and the keep gets there first and the striker crashes into her no one would call that so why if the striker gets there first and the keeper misses the ball do they get a pk or red card and that is what im saying it leaves no protection for the keeper if they have to worry about not raising there leg to protect themself or not trying to get to the all on a 1v1 because if they dont they will give up a pk.

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatanka 28/07/14, 06:46 am

beastmaster wrote:
GGoat wrote:Soc dad when was the last time you saw a red card given or even a call made when the keeper gets run into kicked or knocked down when they get to the ball first it rarely ever happens any more thats what im saying in my post

Actually I have seen the forward on my dd's team receive a yellow card for running into a keeper.  Her team has also had a couple goals called back because someone had contact with the keeper. I have also watched a keeper use the leg in the air to trip a forward and no call made.   Being a keeper is a hazardous job and while yes they need to protect themselves, every other player on the field should also protect themselves.  

My dd is a keeper and I expect her to protect herself. She has been playing keeper for about 8 years. I can't help but very much disagree with your argument. She has received the benefit of the doubt from refs and has been warned when her play is borderline, but she has never been called for appropriately protecting herself.

I've seen the ref tell the coach of the opposing team that if his forward ran over my dd one more time, then he would be ejected. DD is an 05 and was playing 04s. Their forward was one of the bigger girls on the team and would plow mine over without making any play on the ball. First two times, the ref would try and explain to their team what they could and couldn't do.

We went out and bought a mouthpiece
Tatanka
Tatanka
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 28/07/14, 06:59 am

Mouth guard, good idea! Nothing special just enough to keep those pearly whites in place.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by beastmaster 28/07/14, 07:33 am

GGoat wrote:Ok what ever I guess I just made up the fact that she was called for a pk in a 1-1 tied game. The ref stated that she lifted her leg too high when she dove and the other poster made up the fact that the keeper was given a red card in another game this weekend and soc dad made up the fact that in the liverpool game the keeper was laid out and no card was given. I have never said that the position is not safe or she should play another position. The examples I gave happens every weekend here in north texas and a lot of it happened this weekend. The point is when a striker runs into a keeper there is usually no call made and even if the call is made it doesn't have a bearing on the game thats why they keep doing it hoping for a call or a loose ball But when the ref Calls a keeper for raising her leg too high or red carding a keeper and taking them out of a game it changes the entire game. Im sorry your dd got a bruise she should probably stay in the stands for a while. Every game every day strikers run into keepers it is part of the game but refs like you are the problem and continue to let it happen. If your not going to call it when the striker hits the keeper then dont call it when the keeper hits the stikers and change the outcome of the game.Yours and the triumphs comments that my dd not tough enough to play and all that bs just shows what kind of people you are. Yall are probably the stereotypical coaches and refs that give youth soccer a bad name. good luck and good by My question was answered thanks
If my dd lifts her leg high and trips another player I would totally expect her to be called for it. So your point is what? Sounds to me like the ref is correct. Keepers aren't immune from receiving cards. And in the case of the LP keeper, the ref called it in favor of the keeper. No card was given, but LP still received the ball.

beastmaster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WestsideSoccer 28/07/14, 07:48 am

beastmaster wrote:
GGoat wrote:Ok what ever I guess I just made up the fact that she was called for a pk in a 1-1 tied game. The ref stated that she lifted her leg too high when she dove and the other poster made up the fact that the keeper was given a red card in another game this weekend and soc dad made up the fact that in the liverpool game the keeper was laid out and no card was given. I have never said that the position is not safe or she should play another position. The examples I gave happens every weekend here in north texas and a lot of it happened this weekend. The point is when a striker runs into a keeper there is usually no call made and even if the call is made it doesn't have a bearing on the game thats why they keep doing it hoping for a call or a loose ball But when the ref Calls a keeper for raising her leg too high or red carding a keeper and taking them out of a game it changes the entire game. Im sorry your dd got a bruise she should probably stay in the stands for a while. Every game every day strikers run into keepers it is part of the game but refs like you are the problem and continue to let it happen. If your not going to call it when the striker hits the keeper then dont call it when the keeper hits the stikers and change the outcome of the game.Yours and the triumphs comments that my dd not tough enough to play and all that bs just shows what kind of people you are. Yall are probably the stereotypical coaches and refs that give youth soccer a bad name. good luck and good by My question was answered thanks
If my dd lifts her leg high and trips another player I would totally expect her to be called for it. So your point is what? Sounds to me like the ref is correct. Keepers aren't immune from receiving cards.  And in the case of the LP keeper, the ref called it in favor of the keeper. No card was given,  but LP still received the ball.  

Play was stopped since both players were down, BUT..... the LP Keeper made the save and had the ball, even with the contact she held on to the ball!!!! Made it easy for the ref to give it back to the LP keeper

WestsideSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2028 28/07/14, 08:19 am

GG I have watched my DD keep for a long time. It takes a special child to be a top notch keeper. Ultimately if you are an aggressive keeper and come out for a ball and don’t get there and impede the striker you’re going get rung up with a Red card and PK. Live by the sword die by the sword. Triumph makes a good point about being tough. There has been a many of time my DD got ran up on, cleated, kicked, etc. It rarely happens a second time. The second time my DD isn’t the one getting hurt. The older she gets the more she will learn to recognize the dangers and how to deal with them. I tell my DD before every game “Be Smart, Be Tough, Protect Yourself, and try not to get thrown out!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 28/07/14, 09:23 am

2028 wrote:GG I have watched my DD keep for a long time. It takes a special child to be a top notch keeper. Ultimately if you are an aggressive keeper and come out for a ball and don’t get there and impede the striker you’re going get rung up with a Red card and PK. Live by the sword die by the sword. Triumph makes a good point about being tough. There has been a many of time my DD got ran up on, cleated, kicked, etc. It rarely happens a  second time. The second time my DD isn’t the one getting hurt. The older she gets the more she will learn to recognize the dangers and how to deal with them. I tell my DD before every game “Be Smart, Be Tough, Protect Yourself, and try not to get thrown out!

I love it, I think I will start using it Smile
"....I tell my DD before every game “Be Smart, Be Tough, Protect Yourself, and TRY NOT TO GET THROWN OUT!"
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 28/07/14, 09:30 am

GGoat, you mentioned that your daughter has been playing for 7 years.  I agree that a foul is a foul however.  What age group is your daughter playing and what division?  

As to the original question and play I would definitely call a PK on that play. The main reason is because raising of the leg on a slide is not a protective move.  Normally, you don't expand your body to protect.  If you're on the ground in a slide tackling position raising the knee would bring you into a smaller position towards your chest.

Here's what I look for in that situation was: (All within a few seconds during the play)
- Did the keeper touch the ball
- If not, what was his/her position afterwards. Did they tuck to protect themselves or did they make themselves larger?
- Did the leg go up as a natural movement or position?
- Did the keeper raise the leg to keep the player from jumping over her to keep them from playing the ball.
- What age am I reffing?
- What technical level is the game?
- If I call the foul does the keeper deserve a "card".
- Does the game need a card due to previous fouls or temperature of the game?
- If I'm not sure.  Let me take a second to consult with my AR to see what they saw so as to not make a hasty decision.
- Do I give a card because the parents are yelling at me?
  (Just joking here!  I never let the parents or coaches influence my game because it's not fair the other team)

Last edited by Its Me on 28/07/14, 09:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 28/07/14, 09:32 am

Yep 2028 thats what we say also thats why she got the Pk this weekend she is very tough and has had a pk called on her before. She says I dont care how hard they hit and how bad it hurts Im going to get up first and she usually does. The striker will roll around on the ground trying for a call. Triumph was saying keepers are wimpy not tough and they are afforded too much protection. I guess everyone is missing the point Im making which is Keepers are now fair game and expected to be tougher than all the rest and its normal for them to be run into run over and knocked down and like you said they have to be tough but risk a red card and a pk which will change the outcome of the game. So it is a 2 edged sword in which if the keepers is called with a penalty or red card it effects the game if the forward is called is has very little effect on the game and when was the last time you saw a forward given a red or yellow when not getting to a 50 50 ball first and hitting the keeper I havent seen it in a long time or like soc dad says ever. When a ref says raising you leg too high when she dives for a 1v1 ball the ref is saying to the keeper not to protect themself. I guess thats why keepers arnt protected any more because it is expected for them to take the hits and be tougher than everyone else.

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 28/07/14, 09:40 am

Its me its the same dive her odp, select, high school coaches and colleges camp coaches have taught her to bring you knee to your chest to protect your chest and abd when you are going for a ball on the ground. its taught everywhere just like bringing your knee up when going for a high ball. They have been teaching it keepers for ever. Im saying if your going to call the keeper for not getting to the ball first then you should call the forward for not getting to the ball first also or dont call either and let them play

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 28/07/14, 09:51 am

GGoat wrote:Yep 2028 thats what we say also thats why she got the Pk this weekend she is very tough and has had a pk called on her before. She says I dont care how hard they hit and how bad it hurts Im going to get up first and she usually does. The striker will roll around on the ground trying  for a call. Triumph was saying keepers are wimpy not tough and they are afforded too much protection. I guess everyone is missing the point Im making which is Keepers are now fair game and expected to be tougher than all the rest and its normal for them to be run into run over and knocked down and like you said they have to be tough but risk a red card and a pk which will change the outcome of the game. So it is a 2 edged sword in which if the keepers is called with a penalty or red card it effects the game if the forward is called is has very little effect on the game and when was the last time you saw a forward given a red or yellow when not getting to a 50 50 ball first and hitting the keeper I havent seen it in a long time or like soc dad says ever. When a ref says raising you leg too high when she dives for a 1v1 ball the ref is saying to the keeper not to protect themself.  I guess thats why keepers arnt protected any more because it is expected for them to take the hits and be tougher than everyone else.

To answer the question. No, keepers are not fair game and it's the referees job to make sure they protect the keeper as well as the other players. Yes, keepers should control their box.  There has been no change to the Law or the North Texas to say allow the keepers to get tagged during plays.  Will some referees miss the calls, yes.  Will others get it correct, yes. If the situation is where your daughter is getting hit and the level of refereeing is not to your likings.  Then I would recommend you talk to your "coach" and have them ask the assignor to have a referee assessor come out and watch all three referees.

As to people saying keeper have to be tough that is true because it's their job to throw their bodies into situations that will probably hurt as they dive to the ground as everyone's kicking the ball.  However, once they place a "finger" on the ball and take possession.  It's the refs job to be in position to protect the keeper.
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next