North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

U90C Spring Kickoff tournament assessment - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

U90C Spring Kickoff tournament assessment

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

U90C Spring Kickoff tournament assessment - Page 2 Empty Re: U90C Spring Kickoff tournament assessment

Post by Guest 03/02/15, 01:20 pm

I love that there are no games on Sunday, in the QT division, unless you advance. I need to be in Sunday School. Laughing

Back to top Go down

U90C Spring Kickoff tournament assessment - Page 2 Empty Re: U90C Spring Kickoff tournament assessment

Post by SkeetsG06 03/02/15, 01:23 pm

Sho'nuff wrote:I love that there are no games on Sunday, in the QT division, unless you advance.  I need to be in Sunday School.  Laughing

LOL - I thought Selecao wasn't playing. :-)

SkeetsG06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SkeetsG06 03/02/15, 01:25 pm

On a different note, Byars or SRSA will be significantly enhanced based on who does the coach's dd play for. I've known her for a long time and She is a difference maker. One of my favorites to watch in the age group.

SkeetsG06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/02/15, 01:42 pm

Did Juice Box seed this thing? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 03/02/15, 01:48 pm

I don't think so, but my bet is it is the same guy that seeded the Labor Day tourney last year.. looks about the same.  1 bracket a cakewalk.. check.  1 bracket a death march.. check.  1 bracket given a windproof jacket w/o insulation in near freezing temps.. check.
The_Dude
The_Dude
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 03/02/15, 01:57 pm

The_Dude wrote:I don't think so, but my bet is it is the same guy that seeded the Labor Day tourney last year.. looks about the same.  1 bracket a cakewalk.. check.  1 bracket a death march.. check.  1 bracket given a windproof jacket w/o insulation in near freezing temps.. check.

Yep, ridiculous. So much for building credibility with clubs around the country.
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 03/02/15, 01:58 pm

SkeetsG06 wrote:On a different note, Byars or SRSA will be significantly enhanced based on who does the coach's dd play for.  I've known her for a long time and She is a difference maker.  One of my favorites to watch in the age group.  
Good question. So who does she play for?
Where are the Selecao girls playing? You know they will be out there. Will they be playing with Kicks North in Copa division? Can't imagine them playing Gold.
Of course these questions are rhetorical. Can't imagine either club tipping their hands.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 03/02/15, 02:06 pm

There is still that Big Elephant in the room!
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 03/02/15, 02:46 pm

futbollove wrote:
SkeetsG06 wrote:On a different note, Byars or SRSA will be significantly enhanced based on who does the coach's dd play for.  I've known her for a long time and She is a difference maker.  One of my favorites to watch in the age group.  
Good question. So who does she play for?
Where are the Selecao girls playing? You know they will be out there. Will they be playing with Kicks North in Copa division? Can't imagine them playing Gold.
Of course these questions are rhetorical. Can't imagine either club tipping their hands.

SRSA was not planning on playing in the tournament since our coach is busy with the Southlake Carrol's High School Team. So, T was going to play with her Dad. She is sticking to her commitment to Solar Black. As she should in my opinion! I know my DD will miss her this tournament. But, It will not stop her from having fun with all of her other team mates that she loves!

We found a coach to step in for us and we are excited to play. Its always tough not having 100% of the pieces of the puzzle. But, there is more than one player on a team and we have quite a few good little players that will hold it together. We will be fine!
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 03/02/15, 02:54 pm

Sho'nuff wrote:Did Juice Box seed this thing?  Laughing

Should be a fun one!

Sho'nuff,
Stop by and grab a juice box (Maybe a daddy Juice after. Haha!) from me if you are around any SRSA games. We might as well get to know each other and exchange ideas. I always like to get to know other parents from NTX. Will make traveling to fun places like Vegas in the future a lot more fun!
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 03/02/15, 03:17 pm

The Dude will take a white russian if you are bartending.  

cheers
The_Dude
The_Dude
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 03/02/15, 03:46 pm

The_Dude wrote:The Dude will take a white russian if you are bartending.  

cheers

Don't forget the splash of coke. Love a good Bulldog!
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by travelin light 04/02/15, 04:04 pm

futbollove wrote:
Borussia wrote:Do your research, Magenta was signed up for the original tourney in Nov. And they were not in the Copa Qualifier division.

Selecao will be the auto bid from NTX, no need to be in the qualifier division.
Magenta playing in the silver division? scratch Please tell me your joking?
Why not play SuperCopa division and decline the spot if you win? Or better yet, aren't there plenty of players to field both teams in the Copa? bom

I gotta agree, what does Magenta get out of playing in '06 gold for this tournament?  Is it to beefup their rankings against '06 competition since they are playing '05 gold in UAL this spring?  I thought Kicks was all about "development"?
travelin light
travelin light
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Finish Strong 04/02/15, 04:59 pm

Any chance some of the teams like Magenta has lost players? I know in the off season several players left some good teams, normal but there were some big moves. I also noticed that several teams do not have a full time goalie yet. I understand teams will focus on that more as we get closer to Select but I have seen some on several teams as of late.

Finish Strong
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 04/02/15, 05:43 pm

travelin light wrote:
futbollove wrote:
Borussia wrote:Do your research, Magenta was signed up for the original tourney in Nov. And they were not in the Copa Qualifier division.

Why not play SuperCopa division and decline the spot if you win? Or better yet, aren't there plenty of players to field both teams in the Copa? bom

I gotta agree, what does Magenta get out of playing in '06 gold for this tournament?  Is it to beefup their rankings against '06 competition since they are playing '05 gold in UAL this spring?  I thought Kicks was all about "development"?

Isn't every club about development?

Magenta is not a team. Magenta is just a name I use to register teams mixed of Selecao, Kicks JM and some of our 07's for extra touches. Rankings? I use Magenta so we don't get included in rankings.

As far as the tournament goes, originally we signed up in the non qualifying division with mostly JM players and several 07 players. That tournament was rained out and not knowing if we would be placed in the super copa qualifying division or not (didn't receive response) we added some of our Selecao players. Good luck to all the teams playing this weekend.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 04/02/15, 05:49 pm

Finish Strong wrote:Any chance some of the teams like Magenta has lost players? I know in the off season several players left some good teams, normal but there were some big moves. I also noticed that several teams do not have a full time goalie yet. I understand teams will focus on that more as we get closer to Select but I have seen some on several teams as of late.

Every team will lose a player or two each year. Not too many teams are immune to it. Our core group has grown and I couldn't be happier with the talent we added. I always say my 06 group is light years ahead of my 01's and my 01's were/are good. We look forward to playing vs the top 06 boys in NTX. We might lose most of our games but our girls are challenged every minute of the game.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by travelin light 04/02/15, 06:30 pm

jm23jm wrote:
travelin light wrote:
futbollove wrote:

Magenta is not a team.  Magenta is just a name I use to register teams mixed of Selecao, Kicks JM and some of our 07's for extra touches. Rankings?  I use Magenta so we don't get included in rankings.  

As far as the tournament goes, originally we signed up in the non qualifying division with mostly JM players and several 07 players.  That tournament was rained out and not knowing if we would be placed in the super copa qualifying division or not (didn't receive response) we added some of our Selecao players.   Good luck to all the teams playing this weekend.  

I would argue that some clubs are not truly about development, at least on the girls side, but maybe more about $$$ (no I'm not referring to Kicks).  In Magenta's last two tournaments, they played up against '05s.  Magenta is playing up in '05 gold this spring in UAL.  But for this warm-up tournament, they are playing age pure, and not even in the top division?  I'm simply questioning what do they gain by playing their own age group if they are used to playing up or against boys?  They might find this weekend boring.  It seems like almost every tournament has at least one or two head-scratchers that drop down for whatever reason scratch.

Fortunately, we are in for a terrific early February forecast sunny.
travelin light
travelin light
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/02/15, 08:56 pm

I think what my friend Traveling light wants you to do JM is send a few of those Selecao girls over to Kicks North for the weekend, although I'm sure the platinum teams wouldn't appreciate that. Haha

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 05/02/15, 07:25 am

Borussia wrote:I think what my friend Traveling light wants you to do JM is send a few of those Selecao girls over to Kicks North for the weekend, although I'm sure the platinum teams wouldn't appreciate that. Haha

Maybe by sending Selecao players to play 20+ ranked teams and 07s, JM has development in mind, as playing vastly inferior and 07 teams will prepare them for 06 boys. I'm just a soccer novice so really wouldn't understand such high level training. Selecao didn't get where they are without his training plan so I won't question what I don't understand. Will be fun to play them.

boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/02/15, 09:19 am

boilerjoe_96 wrote:
Borussia wrote:I think what my friend Traveling light wants you to do JM is send a few of those Selecao girls over to Kicks North for the weekend, although I'm sure the platinum teams wouldn't appreciate that. Haha

Maybe by sending Selecao players to play 20+ ranked teams and 07s, JM has development in mind, as playing vastly inferior and 07 teams will prepare them for 06 boys.  I'm just a soccer novice so really wouldn't understand such high level training.  Selecao didn't get where they are without his training plan so I won't question what I don't understand.  Will be fun to play them.

Well buddy, I'm confused. You say you don't like the other age groups talking about RASE '07, but you seem to want to inject them into this thread.

I've seen you infer that the JM girls are garbage, but now that they are playing your DD's team, you purposely refer to this 'magenta' team as 'Selecao', even though Coach already clarified the makeup of this team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/02/15, 09:20 am

Anyways, I predict Solar Red loses in final to whichever team survives the death-march.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerates01 05/02/15, 09:37 am

Kicks 06 couldn't field two teams in the gold division a 06 tment once again and finish 1-2 to shut down the skeptics and support the FBR and confirm these are mutually exclusive good/great teams
million excuses, the reasons are obvious

travelin light wrote:
jm23jm wrote:
travelin light wrote:
futbollove wrote:

Magenta is not a team.  Magenta is just a name I use to register teams mixed of Selecao, Kicks JM and some of our 07's for extra touches. Rankings?  I use Magenta so we don't get included in rankings.  

As far as the tournament goes, originally we signed up in the non qualifying division with mostly JM players and several 07 players.  That tournament was rained out and not knowing if we would be placed in the super copa qualifying division or not (didn't receive response) we added some of our Selecao players.   Good luck to all the teams playing this weekend.  

I would argue that some clubs are not truly about development, at least on the girls side, but maybe more about $$$ (no I'm not referring to Kicks).  In Magenta's last two tournaments, they played up against '05s.  Magenta is playing up in '05 gold this spring in UAL.  But for this warm-up tournament, they are playing age pure, and not even in the top division?  I'm simply questioning what do they gain by playing their own age group if they are used to playing up or against boys?  They might find this weekend boring.  It seems like almost every tournament has at least one or two head-scratchers that drop down for whatever reason scratch.

Fortunately, we are in for a terrific early February forecast sunny.

Soccerates01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 05/02/15, 09:39 am

Sho'nuff wrote:
boilerjoe_96 wrote:

Maybe by sending Selecao players to play 20+ ranked teams and 07s, JM has development in mind, as playing vastly inferior and 07 teams will prepare them for 06 boys.  I'm just a soccer novice so really wouldn't understand such high level training.  Selecao didn't get where they are without his training plan so I won't question what I don't understand.  Will be fun to play them.

Well buddy, I'm confused.  You say you don't like the other age groups talking about RASE '07, but you seem to want to inject them into this thread.

I've seen you infer that the JM girls are garbage, but now that they are playing your DD's team, you purposely refer to this 'magenta' team as 'Selecao', even though Coach already clarified the makeup of this team.

Interesting... what post did I infer JM players garbage? Further more, my dd has never played JM, don't recall ever seeing them play, couldn't name one player(Since Bo kid gone), or pick them out in a lineup...no clue who is even on JM. So wrong guy. I have always respected Kicks 07's and 06's, very skilled and possession soccer. LFS 07's also in there just different pool, maybe they meet in Semi's or Finals so more than one 07 and never mentioned RASE. I honestly think it will be fun, as JM noted, there are 07's, JM's, and Selecao players(not whole team as my post said players, same as JM noted in his post).
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 05/02/15, 10:20 am

Sho'nuff wrote:Anyways, I predict Solar Red loses in final to whichever team survives the death-march.

If we are in the finals. Thats good enough for me. Lots of good teams out there and it won't be a cake walk! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 05/02/15, 10:45 am

This forum is more interesting when you guys are taking things too serious and calling each other out! Keep it up! Juice Box, when are you changing your name to Switzerland?
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 05/02/15, 10:54 am

Blues Fan wrote:This forum is more interesting when you guys are taking things too serious and calling each other out! Keep it up! Juice Box, when are you changing your name to Switzerland?

Blues Fan,
Like I told you the other day. I have a nephew figuring out our family tree on Ancestry.com. I always thought I was half Italian and half German. We Just found out that I am actually 1/2 German, 1/4 Italian and 1/4 Swiss. Funny stuff!!  

I like trading ideas more than getting in rumbles. That is how we all prosper in NTX!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers cheers cheers
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next